Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's say (for the sake of the example) a Gardevoir traces a pokemon's Natural Cure ability and afterwards gets paralyzed, when switched out will that Gardevoir be able to heal the paralysis or will its ability go back to Trace before the healing?

thanks in advance

let's say (for the sake of the example) a Gardevoir traces a pokemon's Natural Cure ability and afterwards gets paralyzed, when switched out will that Gardevoir be able to heal the paralysis or will its ability go back to Trace before the healing?

thanks in advance
the traced ability will be there until she is no longer in play. therefore, she will be able to heal herself

On Standard Cresselia Calm Mind set, for 5th gen OU, what is preffered?
Psyshock or Psychic?
5th generation generally always uses Psyshock over Psychic. I would try Psyshock first, especially on a Calm Mind set, so that way you can win a Calm Mind war and threaten special walls like Blissey more

In Gen V, can you inherit natures from the male parent if it is holding an Everstone during breeding? I've checked around but can't seem to find a clear cut answer.

In Gen V, can you inherit natures from the male parent if it is holding an Everstone during breeding? I've checked around but can't seem to find a clear cut answer.
According to Bulbapedia's page on evolutionary stones, the Everstone works the same as in HGSS. Thus, you are correct: natures can be past down if either the mother or father is holding an Everstone during breeding.

are cloysters meant to have really shitty SPdef? mine is level 75 and only has like 93 SPdef, with no EVs in it and a nature unnafecting it is this natural or did i screw it up

Any ideas for a Gengar team? So far I'm thinking I'll start off with Tyranitar + Gengar + Magnezone core, any other thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Red

5th generation generally always uses Psyshock over Psychic. I would try Psyshock first, especially on a Calm Mind set, so that way you can win a Calm Mind war and threaten special walls like Blissey more
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Because I wasnt sure if 80 BP is better the Psychic's 90 BP and -spD drop. I was debating about it, and wondering.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Because I wasnt sure if 80 BP is better the Psychic's 90 BP and -spD drop. I was debating about it, and wondering.
Psyshock's ability to not get yourself walled by Blissey is far more valuable than higher power and a chance of spdef drop. Blissey can cut your sweep short if you have Psychic, but not Psyshock.

In terms of breeding, it seems that everyone wants a ditto w/ 31 of a given ev + a specific nature...lets a 31 speed jolly ditto. But it seems that you would need both an everstone AND a power bracer on the ditto in order to get the results you want to...but this isn't possible as far as I can see. So what's the logic in this? Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Looking wrong I believe, people usually looks for flawless dittos (31 IV in every stat) with the desired nature.

Then they breed the ditto with a random parent, until get a desirable one (IV's wise), and use the outcome for a new breed to the one they will probably keep.

So everstone in Ditto and Power item in the other parent.

I wouldn't really worry since there's an option that allows people to ignore L/R keypresses. Personally I never use them and I find seeds just fine.

Thanks people, I was just worried about my timing being off due to the inability to soft reset.

@TwistEZ: I don't think it really matters, but the cerulean city pokemart has no wandering NPCs, making it easier to receive a wondercard Pokemon.

I've been working on a somewhat competitive team recently. This is what I have.
-Dragonite
-Vaporeon
-Forrtress
-Terrakion

I'm not sure what other two pokes I should put on. I need at least one Special attacker though.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Drizzle Politoed would suit your team a lot, halving of Forretres' Fire weakness while giving Dragonite the ability to spam STAB 100% accuracy Hurricane.

Specs Toed would be good since you're looking for a special attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)