Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the move Scald burn a fire type?
Nope. Fire-types are completely immune to burn bar some shenanigans such as forcing a type change or something else obscure that I can't quite recall...

Edit: Here we are, an excerpt from Bulbapedia-
Fire-type Pokémon are, for the most part, immune to being burned, although if their type is changed through a move like Soak, and is then burned and switched out to return the type to Fire, the burn status will remain. Those with the Water Veil ability are completely immune.

Could I put a RMT in the appropriate section for it, without the need to put all the explanation? I say this because my English level is low and therefore I would be very hard work ...

haunter

Banned deucer.
Could I put a RMT in the appropriate section for it, without the need to put all the explanation? I say this because my English level is low and therefore I would be very hard work ...
no, sorry. You need detailed descriptions or your thread will be deleted.

OK, first post and... I'll admit right off the bat to being new and lost. Hence why I wandered into this thread. I've lurked on Smogon for about a month or so now and have slowly started absorbing stuff from the forums to use on the Smogon servers on PO (only servers I play on) and finally decided to register. I'm still somewhat new to the competitive battling atmosphere and have slowly gotten better thanks to Smogon and playing on their PO servers with a bunch of regulars. I guess what I'm asking is if anybody could give me some tips on getting more involved on a regular basis in this community and try to point me on the right direction as far as getting started on no longer being a newb. (I really hate that word.)

For the moment, I exclusively battle on PO because I currently don't have enough time to put forth 100% dedication to doing anything for in-game, and I don't often get chances to play PO because of a busy schedule. I'm somewhat competent in teambuilding after my lurking around here, but I'd love to get more involved, learn more, and truly become a better competitive battler and active and helpful Smogon community member.

Sorry for the long-winded intro post and if this isn't the place to try and seek this advice. I have a bad habit of going into too much detail sometimes, and I thought this thread seemed good to at least be pointed in the right direction.

haunter

Banned deucer.
OK, first post and... I'll admit right off the bat to being new and lost. Hence why I wandered into this thread. I've lurked on Smogon for about a month or so now and have slowly started absorbing stuff from the forums to use on the Smogon servers on PO (only servers I play on) and finally decided to register. I'm still somewhat new to the competitive battling atmosphere and have slowly gotten better thanks to Smogon and playing on their PO servers with a bunch of regulars. I guess what I'm asking is if anybody could give me some tips on getting more involved on a regular basis in this community and try to point me on the right direction as far as getting started on no longer being a newb. (I really hate that word.)

For the moment, I exclusively battle on PO because I currently don't have enough time to put forth 100% dedication to doing anything for in-game, and I don't often get chances to play PO because of a busy schedule. I'm somewhat competent in teambuilding after my lurking around here, but I'd love to get more involved, learn more, and truly become a better competitive battler and active and helpful Smogon community member.

Sorry for the long-winded intro post and if this isn't the place to try and seek this advice. I have a bad habit of going into too much detail sometimes, and I thought this thread seemed good to at least be pointed in the right direction.
You basically need a tutor. Wait for the next round of the battling101 program and sign up. Other than that just lurk on the forums and play on PO, you'll get the most experience just by playing the game.

Ultra-Noob question but do people use TR Reuniclus on offensive teams that are generally fast (with like one or two other slow pokes but mostly speedy pokemon) in order to counter other offensive teams or just on teams that can revolve around TR?

Ultra-Noob question but do people use TR Reuniclus on offensive teams that are generally fast (with like one or two other slow pokes but mostly speedy pokemon) in order to counter other offensive teams or just on teams that can revolve around TR?
Most people use it on teams that the majority of the pokes can use TR to an advantage, i.e. Bouffalant as a teammate instead of Deoxys-S

How do I find out how many EVs my Pokemon have?
If you didn't find your Pokémon's IVs beforehand, there's no way of you knowing how many EVs your Pokémon has in each stat. But you could use the EV removing berries that raise your Pokémon's happiness and reset your EVs completely and start over again, at which point you would use Drachen's advice

Building a Drizzle Team, need some help.

-Politoed - Drizzle/Choice Spec
-Dragonite - Multiscale/Leftovers
-Forretress - Leftovers/Shed Shell
-Vaporeon - Hydration/Wish Support
-Azumarill - Huge Power/Choice Band

Who could I add to finish off this team?

just a question since i wasn't around too much for the BW meta until recently
before chomp's ban, was the sd set actually used in the rain teams?

Building a Drizzle Team, need some help.

-Politoed - Drizzle/Choice Spec
-Dragonite - Multiscale/Leftovers
-Forretress - Leftovers/Shed Shell
-Vaporeon - Hydration/Wish Support
-Azumarill - Huge Power/Choice Band

Who could I add to finish off this team?
you really need something that can use Electric attacks.

Jolteon can absorb the Electric attacks aimed at you, Thundurus is a suspect for a good reason(NP+Thunder breaks a lot of holes in the opponent's team), and Rotom-W can abuse the rain with its STAB combo.

just a question since i wasn't around too much for the BW meta until recently
before chomp's ban, was the sd set actually used in the rain teams?
SDchomp, CBchomp, and Scarfchomp were viable on every single weather (and non-weather) team. For its classic SD set, Aqua Tail could replace Fire Fang on rain teams. The thing that pushed it over the edge for the Uber ban was SubSD abusing Sand Veil on sand teams.

No it was used on sand teams with sand veil.
obviously but i wouldve also used it on other weathers as well

SDchomp, CBchomp, and Scarfchomp were viable on every single weather (and non-weather) team. For its classic SD set, Aqua Tail could replace Fire Fang on rain teams. The thing that pushed it over the edge for the Uber ban was SubSD abusing Sand Veil on sand teams.
hey thanks
and yeah i heard about the hax chomp hehe

Does a parent Pokémon's ability have an influence on the abilities you get from the child Pokémon? For example, if I have 2 Mienshaos in the daycare with Regenerator, will more of the eggs have Regenerator than Inner Focus or do the chances of getting each ability remain balanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)