Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

On Pokémon showdown, there are options to make teams for many tiers, but no clear way to battle in these tiers. I wanted to ask how you can battle in these other tiers. I'm mainly interested in some of the lower tiers for gen 1 (like UU, NU, PU, the such). If someone could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Teh

the saint
is a Pre-Contributor
On Pokémon showdown, there are options to make teams for many tiers, but no clear way to battle in these tiers. I wanted to ask how you can battle in these other tiers. I'm mainly interested in some of the lower tiers for gen 1 (like UU, NU, PU, the such). If someone could assist me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Formats without permanent ladders require you to directly send a challenge to another player. If you're looking to find people to play against in RBY, I would recommend the Ruins of Alph room on Pokémon Showdown, or joining the official Smogon RBY Discord server, which can be found in the RBY forum. Ruins of Alph also does a monthly rotation of non-OU tiers from lower generations.

Formats without permanent ladders require you to directly send a challenge to another player. If you're looking to find people to play against in RBY, I would recommend the Ruins of Alph room on Pokémon Showdown, or joining the official Smogon RBY Discord server, which can be found in the RBY forum. Ruins of Alph also does a monthly rotation of non-OU tiers from lower generations.
Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining. That does help to make things more clear. I'll look into that.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Using the NDS command often result in a wrong result since the beginning of Gen 9. I don't really know where to report this issue, tho I doubt it hasn't already been.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm practicing for some tours and so would prefer to keep my replays private. It's very annoying to click /hidereplay every time, so is there a feature that does it automatically?

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm practicing for some tours and so would prefer to keep my replays private. It's very annoying to click /hidereplay every time, so is there a feature that does it automatically?
I believe that /hidenext should work to make every battle in the future private

Checking the "don't allow spectators" check box just above the "Battle!" button on the main menu should also have the same result

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I believe that /hidenext should work to make every battle in the future private

Checking the "don't allow spectators" check box just above the "Battle!" button on the main menu should also have the same result
Ok, thanks.

two questions is there a way to make it so i dont have to type /avatar (name) in chat every time i log back on because the avatar i use isnt in the selection when you click on your name then avatar?
It may depend on your browser settings. I have the /avatar for Masters Steven, and don't need to repeatedly run it every time I log in.

Is there a place for me to battle people using PLA dex mons only whether this is ladder, a discord server, etc
I believe there are custom showdown servers that have this, or you would need to host your own server.
See below for official repositories
Official Server repository - The server itself is somewhat straightforward. Just see the server readme
Dex Repository - This is what showdown uses for the dex, containing all mon data.

Currently working on hosting one. Just need Google Cloud Hosting to verify my payment info. I'll dm you when its done.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why Gen 6 battle factory isn't on the list of challengeable formats? I was playing with a friend and found it odd it wasn't there and had to type out the challenge manually

Hey, as you read in the Title i ran into a little problem just now. I was in a SV-OU match where my opponent set 3 layers of Spikes with :clodsire:clodsire. I wanted to remove them with my :brambleghast: Brambleghasts Rapid Spin. My opponent swapped in his :Corviknight :Corviknight after i finished his :Clodsire :Clodsire off. And then i went for Rapid Spin against the :Corviknight:Corviknight with Rocky Helmet. :brambleghast:Brambleghast died to the helmet but didnt clear the hazards away. There were still 3 layers of spikes on my site left.
And heres my question is it some intentional gimmick or was it some bug? [not like I lost bc of that but i am curios]

Also if i have posted this in the wrong Area please tell me where I have to put it. ^^

I also have the replay saved if anyone wants to take a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)