At Long Last (final B/W RMT)

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Introduction
Oh god, it has been a while since I posted my last RMT. Moving on, this is my last team of the Black & White metagame, and also my most successful. I haven't laddered on Smogon in a while, but on the PO ladder I peaked at #24, which is my best. I find that I finally built a team that is optimized not just for the metagame, but also for myself, which is the key obstacle in teambuilding for me. I could make a damn good team, only to realize I can't play with it. This is why all of my stall teams fail. I get a good core, glue, hazards, a spinner, a stallbreaker, and a revenge killer, yet I'm still not succeeding with stall. This team is centered around a Pokemon I consider to be the most underrated Pokemon in OU, Calm Mind Virizion. This team is essentially built around facilitating a Virizion a sweep, but really is built around onslaughts of powerful attacks and entry hazards. The team is heavily offensive. Without further adieu, the team.

Teambuilding Process
This is not in hide tags because I feel that when the teambuilding process is in hide tags it gets ignored.

The first thing I was looking to do was aim for a sweep with Calm Mind Virizion, and so I put
that on my team.

I then went over to Virizion's Smogon analysis, and saw the checks & counters to Virizion.
The immediate biggest threats were Latias and Latios, with Reuniclus as another major counter.
Tornadus was also listed for outspeeding and killing with Hurricane, while Specially Defensive
Jirachi can take any hit and paraflinch it to death. Also, Swords Dance Gliscor and Forretress
were listed as threats. I also found that Espeon with Psyshock and Mamoswine were huge threats.
The first thing I decided to tackle was the Psychic-types, so I went with Specially Defensive
Jirachi. Specially Defensive Jirachi can take anything Latias, Latios, Reuniclus, Espeon, and
Tornadus can throw at it, while paraflinching them all to death, simultaneoulsly providing
Wish support.

With my special threats taken care of, I looked at other threats to my team. The main ones
were Fire-types and VoltTurn. I thought VoltTurn should come first and foremost, so I started
looking at options. Amoonguss shot to my mind, but I couldn't compound my Fire-type weakness.
I came up with a list of what I needed to beat.
1. Scizor 2. Rotom-W 3. Landorus 4. Celebi 5. Jirachi
Rotom-W and Celebi were already fine with Jirachi on the team, but I wanted something that
could handle Jirachi, and had nothing to handle Scizor. At first, I tried to find
a good physical wall, but couldn't really find anything to fit my team. Then, it hit me. Zapdos
would work perfectly, resisting both U-turn and Volt Switch, as well as dealing with Celebi,
offensive Jirachi, and Scizor with Heat Wave, while still hitting pretty hard with Thunderbolt
and being able to avoid Landorus's Stone Edge with Substitute and get some damage off on it.

What was I lacking at this point? Entry hazards. I needed Stealth Rock and Spikes to support
Virizion, and I only had room for one Pokemon to do it. My choice? Kind of unorthodox. I
decided to go with Suicide Lead Deoxys-D, for numerous reasons. First of all, it could get up
hazards reliably, and could take out some unsuspected Pokemon with a powerful Psycho Boost
and Steel-types with Hidden Power.

I didn't see much left to do. However, I realized what I needed: weather control. Without
control, I couldn't hope to take on powerful rain-boosted attacks. At the same time, I didn't
want to intensify my team's Fire-type weakness with Drought. With this in mind, I shoved
Tyranitar onto my team. I went with a Choice Scarf variant in order to have a revenge killer
and physical attacker, killing two birds with one stone.

At this point, I was about ready to finish the team. I looked through the list of OU Pokemon
carefully, making sure I hadn't missed any big threats/strategies. I made a list of what I saw.
1. Terrakion 2. Fire-types somewhat, but Tyranitar can deal with most. But back to:
Terrakion. My first thought was you fucking idiot! You made an OU team that has nothing
for Terrakion! What are you, crazy?! Once calmed down, I actually started to look for a
solution to my huge problem. My final choice was Golurk. I went with Golurk because it
was:
A) a strong physical attacker
B) could take even a +2 Rock Gem Stone Edge, taking less than half from a Choice Band Stone
Edge
Thinking one measure for Terrakion may not be enough, I scanned my team for another check, and
realized that Zapdos could take it on if I could get up a Substitute, while Deoxys-D can take
a Choice Band X-Scissor or Stone Edge, retaliating with a Psycho Boost, beating Scarf variants
fairly easily.

From there, I decided to replace Golurk with Salamence, as Golurk was not pulling its own
weight.

All right, fast-foward some testing. Salamence isn't working. *Tests New MixMence now.* :)
MixMence works perfectly.

The above section I wrote while building the team. From there, I have to fill in the blanks.

The team was good. It was doing okay, but for some reason I would just lose because I couldn't maintain any momentum. I didn't have enough offensive presence, I wasn't playing the team well, it just wasn't working quite right. So I overhauled the team. I overhauled it completely. So much that the team was barely recognizable. I made Salamence Choice Scarf, put in a Scrotom core over Jirachi and Zapdos, put Forretress over Deoxys-D, and put Politoed over Tyranitar.

Fast-foward again. Weather isn't doing much for my team. I throw Politoed out. Forretress isn't that important in a lot of battles, I throw it out. I make Rotom-W Scarf instead of Specs to accommodate for changing Salamence to a Moxie-based lure. I put in Hydreigon and Heatran.

This version of the team does really well. It's heavily offensive based, with no real walls, but works with the surprise factor of some of my sets, type synergy, and overall skillful playing.

At A Glance

Bomb Squad

ArabianNight(Salamence) @ Expert Belt - credit to AccidentalGreed
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Salamence is the first part of what I would like to call the bomb squad of my team, hitting extremely hard on the opposing Pokemon. Most people don't see this set coming until it's too late. The idea of the set is to use Expert Belt to surprise common switch-ins to the Scarf set expecting to be able to take a resisted, locked-in hit. Outrage is the power STAB move, muscling through many Pokemon with ease. Dragon Claw is the reliable STAB move, and can be used to finish off Pokemon that do not require an Outrage to gain an easy Moxie Boost. Fire Blast is there for super effective coverage on Steel- and Grass-types. Earthquake gives coverage on Heatran and a more powerful hit on Jirachi and Magnezone. The Naive nature is so I can take priority a bit better than if I had a Hasty nature. Salamence wins me games with its raw power and the surprise factor of Expert Belt.

Luffy (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon is the second part of my bomb squad. Instead of taking a surprise-based approach with Salamence, I just went for all-out power. Hydreigon is essentially Salamence's special counterpart, boasting powerful attacks and making up for the speed difference with better bulk and lack of a Stealth Rock weakness. I use Hydreigon over Latios because of more power and better coverage attacks, as well as lack of a Pursuit weakness. Draco Meteor is obvious powerful STAB, ripping through even the most hardened of walls. Dark Pulse is there for a reliable hit on Pokemon like Jellicent and Reuniclus. Fire Blast is for most Steel-types, while Focus Blast is for Tyranitar and Heatran.

VoltTurn

Cyberzor (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is the first part of my mini-VoltTurn core that is meant to wear down opponents through the actual attacks and forcing switches. Scizor works on every team. I have to admit that. It's on every team, no surprise it's here. In lieu of how standard Scizor is, it serves a special place on this team, and that is priority. I never make a team lacking priority, simply because I always find myself losing to random Prankster and F.E.A.R.-based threats if I do. Bullet Punch is one powerful priority at that, ripping through anything that does not resist it. Scizor also provides a crucial Dragon-type resistance, and can take down all of the common Dragon-types with Bullet Punch / Pursuit (Lati@s). The rest of the moveset is self-explanatory.

I Am A Tool (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
Timid
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

Rotom-W is the second part of my mini-VoltTurn core. Rotom-W works beautifully with Scizor, and is of course on every team with Scizor. Again, it works. Rotom-W is mainly my revenge killer for when I need it, and also has some handy resistances and a Ground-type immunity that I can easily abuse to switch it in. I often use Rotom-W to cripple an opposing wall as soon as I know its revenge-killing duties are not needed. Rotom-W also surprisingly provides an excellent check to opposing Scizor looking to pick of my Pokemon with Bullet Punch, while Rotom-W can deal heavy damage with Volt Switch or Hydro Pump in return. Hidden Power Ice is for coverage on Dragon-types.

The Glue

Miami (Heatran) @ Leftovers - credit to Harsha's team for making me consider this set
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Every team has a glue Pokemon. Obscure Pokemon and sets are often the glue, simply because they further the goal of the team in an irreplaceable way. For my team, Magma Storm Heatran is that glue. Magma Storm traps opponents and has base 120 power, and I don't really find the accuracy to be much of an issue, as Magma Storm is mainly to trap and walls and things that can't hurt Heatran. Taunt prevents entry hazard set up, while Stealth Rock allows me to set up my own. In combination with Toxic and Magma Storm, as well as Taunt shutting them down, walls can't do much to Heatran as it quickly takes them down with residual damage. I really tried to fit in Earth Power, but I just couldn't, as each move on this Heatran is so much more important than the coverage that Earth Power gives. Heatran has great overall utility, and is my general lead choice as well, maybe an anti-lead of a sort with Taunt.

Below is a lulzy log of a battle where Heatran stood up against a team of Lv. 1 Pokemon. Poor Lv. 1's!
Battle between acetaminophen and McCoop started!

Tier: Wifi OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +4, -28
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Salamence / Hydreigon / Scizor / Rotom-W / Heatran / Virizion
Opponent's team: Pineco / Vulpix / Hippopotas / Aron / Cottonee / Gastly

acetaminophen sent out Heatran!
McCoop sent out Pineco!

Start of turn 1!
Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Pineco fell for the taunt!

McCoop's Pineco can't use Toxic Spikes after the taunt!

Start of turn 2!
McCoop called Pineco back!
McCoop sent out Cottonee!

Heatran used Toxic!
McCoop's Cottonee was badly poisoned!

McCoop's Cottonee is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 3!
McCoop's Cottonee used Encore!
Heatran received an encore!

Heatran used Toxic!
McCoop's Cottonee is already poisoned.

Start of turn 4!
acetaminophen called Heatran back!
acetaminophen sent out Virizion!

McCoop's Cottonee used Leech Seed!
It doesn't affect Virizion...

Start of turn 5!
McCoop's Cottonee used Substitute!
McCoop's Cottonee made a substitute!

Virizion used Calm Mind!
Virizion's Sp. Att. rose!
Virizion's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 6!
McCoop's Cottonee used Encore!
Virizion received an encore!

Virizion used Calm Mind!
Virizion's Sp. Att. rose!
Virizion's Sp. Def. rose!

McCoop's Cottonee fainted!
McCoop sent out Pineco!

Start of turn 7!
acetaminophen called Virizion back!
acetaminophen sent out Heatran!

McCoop's Pineco used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of acetaminophen's team!

Start of turn 8!
McCoop's Pineco used Protect!
McCoop's Pineco protected itself!

Heatran used Taunt!

Start of turn 9!
Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Pineco fell for the taunt!

McCoop's Pineco can't use Pain Split after the taunt!

Start of turn 10!
McCoop called Pineco back!
McCoop sent out Hippopotas!

McCoop's Hippopotas's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around McCoop's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 11!
Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Hippopotas fell for the taunt!

McCoop's Hippopotas can't use Yawn after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 12!
McCoop called Hippopotas back!
McCoop sent out Aron!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Aron!

Heatran used Toxic!
But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13!
Heatran used Magma Storm!
McCoop's Aron lost 91% of its health!
McCoop's Aron fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
McCoop sent out Gastly!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Gastly!

Start of turn 14!
Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Gastly fell for the taunt!

McCoop's Gastly can't use Perish Song after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!
McCoop's Gastly is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 15!
McCoop called Gastly back!
McCoop sent out Vulpix!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Vulpix!

McCoop's Vulpix's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
It's not very effective...
McCoop's Vulpix lost 75% of its health!
McCoop's Vulpix fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Hippopotas!

McCoop's Hippopotas's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Start of turn 16!
McCoop's Hippopotas used Protect!
McCoop's Hippopotas protected itself!

Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Hippopotas protected itself!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 17!
McCoop called Hippopotas back!
McCoop sent out Gastly!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Gastly!

Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Gastly fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 18!
The attack of Heatran missed!

McCoop's Gastly used Struggle!
Heatran lost 1 HP! (0% of its health)
McCoop's Gastly is hit with recoil!

The sandstorm rages!
Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 19!
McCoop's Gastly lost 36% of its health!
McCoop's Gastly fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Hippopotas!

Start of turn 20!
Heatran used Taunt!
McCoop's Hippopotas fell for the taunt!

McCoop's Hippopotas can't use Stealth Rock after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 21!
Heatran used Toxic!
McCoop's Hippopotas was badly poisoned!

McCoop's Hippopotas used Struggle!
Heatran lost 1 HP! (0% of its health)
McCoop's Hippopotas is hit with recoil!

The sandstorm rages!
Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
McCoop's Hippopotas is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 22!
McCoop's Hippopotas lost 50% of its health!
McCoop's Hippopotas fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
McCoop sent out Pineco!
Pointed stones dug into McCoop's Pineco!

Start of turn 23!
McCoop's Pineco used Protect!

The sandstorm rages!
McCoop's Pineco is buffeted by the sandstorm!
McCoop's Pineco restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 24!
It's super effective!
McCoop's Pineco lost 75% of its health!
McCoop's Pineco fainted!

acetaminophen won the battle!
acetaminophen: Arrows are fun to put in knees.

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

The Star of the Show

Rhapsody@Grn (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
Timid
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

I could literally go on about Virizion for days. It must be the most underrated Pokemon in OU. With the team support I have given it, Virizion can easily rip apart weakened teams with just one Calm Mind. What I tend to do is try and bring out a Pokemon that can't touch Virizion, bring in Heatran, and Magma Storm + Taunt it so that Virizion can set up. It's not much harder for Virizion to set up without bringing in Heatran, but is instead just an added perk of having the particular Heatran set that I do. Now back to Virizion. Virizion can easily destroy the entire top 10 bar Jirachi, and many other Pokemon in OU as well. Virizion in PO BL2 is an insult to how good it really is. Virizion also seems to lure out Dragonite, Scizor, and Gliscor, who all get promptly KO'd by a powerful +1 attack. Are they expecting SD, or are people just surprised to see Virizion overall? Focus Blast, though unreliable, is powerful STAB move, and I don't have issues with luck for the most part. Giga Drain provides good coverage, a great STAB move, and healing all in one moveslot-sized package. Hidden Power Ice provides coverage on Dragon-, Grass-, and Flying-types. Virizion is mostly a late-game sweeper, but is also a defensive pivot for resisted special attacks.

Before I move on to the Importable, Threatlist, Type Synergy, and Closing, I'd like to mention the IVs on my Pokemon quickly. I run 2 Atk / 30 Def on Rotom-W and Virizion to get the minimum attack possible while losing no IVs from my needed stats, particularly Speed. I run 0 Atk IVs on Hydreigon and Heatran because they do not use their attack stat. I run 0 SpA on Scizor because it does not use its Special Attack stat. This is for rare situations with confusion and Power Swap. Just some paranoid stuff. On the same not, my entire team, if the gender is changeable, is female, just for those random female Rivalry Haxorus and female Attract users.

Final Glance

Importable
It may be entirely possible that you would like to try out this team. If you do, I'd like to request that you keep the nicknames. That's all.
Note: Custom IVs must be manually changed.
ArabianNight (Salamence) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Luffy (Hydreigon) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Cyberzor (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I Am A Tool (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Miami (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Rhapsody@Grn (Virizion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Closing Thoughts
Overall, I have had fun using this team. It worked, it covered what threats I needed it to cover, everything was great. I'm glad to have actually made a decent team to finish off the Black & White metagame. I guess there isn't much left to say, except..... Cheers!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Type Synergy​
I feel like Type Synergy might be useful to some people rating, so I'll put it in.
*=immunity
Salamence
Ice: Scizor, Rotom-W, Heatran
Rock: Virizion
Dragon: Scizor, Heatran

Hydreigon
Fighting: Salamence
Bug: Salamence, Scizor, Heatran

Scizor
Fire: Salamence, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, Heatran*

Rotom-W
Grass: Salamence, Hydreigon, Scizor, Heatran, Virizion

Heatran
Ground: Salamence, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, Virizion
Fighting: Salamence

Virizion
Fire: Salamence, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, Heatran*
Flying: Rotom-W, Heatran
Poison: Scizor, Heatran
Psychic: Hydreigon*, Scizor, Heatran

Threatlist​
Abomasnow: Abomasnow isn't a big deal, as all of my Pokemon can sufficiently hurt it, while Heatran actually walls it.

Alakazam: Alakazam is hard-pressed to switch-in on any of my Pokemon. It fails to KO Salamence, can be revenged by Rotom-W, and dies to Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Azelf: Azelf doesn't really do much to this team, as Heatran neatly walls it, and if it lacks an Ice-type move both of my Dragon-types can easily deal with it. Rotom-W can also revenge it.

Blissey: Blissey takes heavy damage from Salamence and Scizor, and is outright demolished by Heatran with Taunt + Magma Storm + Toxic.

Breloom: Breloom can't really do much to Salamence or Scizor, both of which can easily KO Breloom. Spore can be annoying though.

Bronzong: Bronzong is very easy to deal with considering Fire Blast on my Dragon-types, Heatran, and Scizor's U-turn.

Celebi: If Celebi lacks HP Fire, Scizor can KO with U-turn. Otherwise, Salamence and Hydreigon can both take hits from it and KO it. However, neither likes Thunder Wave from the Tinkerbell set, so I have to watch out for that.

Chandelure: Chandelure loses to Salamence, Hydreigon, and Rotom-W, while not being able to do much to any but Salamence with Hidden Power Ice.

Chansey: Chansey is very much the same as Blissey, walling my special attackers to death while losing to Scizor and Salamence handedly.

Cloyster: Cloyster is something I really don't have trouble with, as with Stealth Rock in play I can simply switch straight to Scizor on the Shell Smash and KO with Bullet Punch. Rotom-W can also take a boosted Rock Blast and KO back with Volt Switch.

Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr is annoying, as it can prematurely end Virizion's sweep and beat Hydreigon with Mach Punch. What I usually do is scout for Stone Edge with Salamence and then make the appropriate moves from there.

Darmanitan: Darmanitan can't really do much to Salamence or Rotom-W, and has to predict Heatran switching in to kill it with Earthquake. All of these can easily KO Darmanitan in return.

Deoxys-D: Deoxys-D loses to Scizor, Hydreigon, and Heatran.

Donphan: Donphan loses to my entire team except for Heatran, so it really isn't that hard to deal with. I can always just set up Stealth Rock again if it switches in on Heatran.

Dragonite: Dragonite normally gets taken care of by Rotom-W and Scizor, both of which have their own means of dealing with Dragonite.

Dugtrio: The only things Dugtrio can really trap are Salamence and Heatran, and cannot switch-in on either. Even then, I can play around it.

Espeon: Heatran is the only thing on my team that has trouble with this thing, as other members take pittance from its attacks and can easily KO it.

Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn is hard-pressed to take repeated heavy attacks, and dies to a move from literally my entire team other than Rotom-W. Rotom-W can just go for a Volt Switch so I can bring out any other of Pokemon, all of which easily beat Ferrothorn with a super effective attack.

Forretress: Forretress is essentially exactly the same as Ferrothorn, except that it loses to Rotom-W as well. Toxic Spikes are prevented by Heatran's Taunt or limited to one layer by being 2HKO'd with Sturdy active.

Gastrodon: Gastrodon loses to Virizion, and is hard-pressed to take powerful attacks from the rest of my team.

Gengar: Gengar loses to Scizor and Rotom-W, and can't switch-in to anything, but can be a nuisance if it manages to get a free switch-in.

Gliscor: Gliscor loses to everything except for Scizor and Heatran, and can't do much other than Toxic, which is very annoying though. I have to repeatedly bring in Scizor predicting Toxic to avoid losing team members prematurely.

Gyarados: Gyarados loses to Scarf Rotom-W, but other than that, pretty much tears my team apart. Rotom-W is #1 priority if Gyarados is on the opposing team.

Haxorus: If Haxorus is Scarf or DD, I have to preserve Scizor or else lose. If it isn't, I have many things that can outspeed and kill it.

Heatran: Heatran dies to Salamence's Earthquake, Hydreigon's Focus Blast, Virizion's Focus Blast, Scizor's Superpower, and Rotom-W's Hydro Pump. Rotom-W in particular completely walls it.

Hippowdon: Hippowdon can't take repeated heavy assaults, and dies to Rotom-W and Virizion.

Hydreigon: Hydreigon loses to Heatran if it lacks Focus Blast, if weakened dies to Scizor's Bullet Punch, and if not Scarf can be revenged by Salamence and Rotom-W. Still, it can pretty much rip holes right through my team, so I have to watch out for it and play carefully around it.

Infernape: Infernape takes a bit less than half from Scizor's Bullet Punch and can be revenged by Rotom-W.

Jellicent: Jellicent outright loses to Rotom-W and Virizion, and cannot take repeated Outrages and Draco Meteors and U-turns.

Jirachi: Jirachi loses to Heatran 100% of the time and loses to super effective attacks from Salamence and Hydreigon, while losing most of its health to Scizor's U-turn.

Jolteon: Jolteon is dealt with fairly well by Virizion and Heatran, but I seem to have curse of getting critted by its Specs Thunder. Oh well.

Jynx: Jynx is not relevant at all, but for the sake of this threatlist, it dies to everything, and Heatran walls it. I mean everything.

Kingdra: Kingdra cannot KO Virizion and loses when weakened to Giga Drain. Without using Draco Meteor it cannot KO Rotom-W and loses when weakened to a Volt Switch. When weakened Scizor can kill it with Bullet Punch. Without Dragon Dance Kingdra can be revenged by Salamence and Hydreigon. It's all dependent on what kind of moveset Kingdra is running. Scouting is key.

Kyurem: Non-Scarf Kyurem loses to Salamence and Hydreigon, while Scarf Kyurem loses to Heatran and Scizor and not the previous two.

Landorus: Landorus loses to Hydreigon's attacks whilst not being able to do much back other than an unreliable Stone Edge. Landorus also loses after two times of Stealth Rock damage to Scizor's Bullet Punch, and loses to Virizion 100% of the time. It also can't KO Rotom-W and dies to its Hydro Pump.

Latias: Latias isn't very hard to deal with as long as Scizor or Heatran is alive to deal with it.

Latios: Latios is essentially in the same boat as Latias, except it often carries Hidden Power Fire, rendering Scizor a check.

Lucario: Lucario isn't something I have run into much of, but loses to Salamence and Hydreigon, while being easily revenged by Rotom-W and Virizion.

Magnezone: Magnezone has no Steel-types to trap other than Scizor on my team, while I can simply predict its switch-in with Superpower or switch to another Pokemon. It can't do much to the rest of my team, though a surprise Scarf variant sometimes throws me off.

Mamoswine: Mamoswine cannot KO Scizor while dying to its Bullet Punch. It also cannot KO Hydreigon and loses to Draco Meteor / Fire Blast. Mamoswine is unable to touch Rotom-W and dies to Hydro Pump.

Metagross: Metagross can't touch Rotom-W and takes heavy damage from its STAB attacks. Metagross also cannot KO Salamence and Hydreigon without predicting the switch-in with Ice Punch and loses to their respective STAB attacks.

Mew: Mew is something I have not come across, but I imagine that Scizor and Hydreigon would deal with it handily.

Mienshao: Mienshao cannot KO Scizor and dies to Bullet Punch, and is outsped by Rotom-W and Virizion who can both easily KO it.

Ninetales: Ninetales never poses much of a threat to anything on my team, and is outright walled and killed by Heatran, while losing to Hydreigon, Salamence, and Rotom-W.

Politoed: Politoed's powerful Water-type attacks can easily be taken by Virizion and healed back with Giga Drain, simultaneously killing Politoed, while Rotom-W can take any one hit and KO with Volt Switch. Defensive variants pose absolutely no threat.

Porygon2: I have not run into a Porygon2, but I would think that Heatran could easily deal with it with a combination of Taunt + Magma Storm + Toxic.

Quagsire: Quagsire can't take on anything other than Heatran on my team, outright walled by most of it and being unable to take onslaughts of powerful attacks.

Reuniclus: Reuniclus loses to Scizor, Hydreigon, and Salamence pretty handedly.

Rotom-C: Rotom-C I have not seen, but Heatran can easily wall and kill it, while Virizion, Scizor, Hydreigon, and Salamence can easily take either of its STAB attacks.

Rotom-W: Rotom-W loses to Virizion and is checked by my own Rotom-W.

Sableye: Sableye loses Heatran, Hydreigon, and Rotom-W easily. Heatran in particular can completely shut it down with Taunt, Toxic it, and trap it.

Salamence: Scarf Salamence poses a threat in that I have to make sure I am correctly predicting Outrages when switching to Heatran or Scizor to take them.

Scizor: I deal with Scizor via Rotom-W and Heatran, the former of which can take Bullet Punches and the latter either of its STAB attacks.

Scrafty: +1 Scrafty is outsped and killed by Rotom-W, while also being unable to KO Salamence without Ice Punch and dying to an Outrage. Scizor can also finish it off with Bullet Punch.

Sharpedo: Scizor kills with Bullet Punch after Stealth Rock damage and Rotom-W can take any hit and KO with Volt Switch. Sharpedo doesn't really exist anyway.

Skarmory: Skarmory loses handedly to each and every member of my team other than Scizor, who can simply U-turn on it. Virizion has to watch out for Brave Bird though and not miss a +1 Focus Blast.

Slowbro: Slowbro loses to Rotom-W, Scizor, and Hydreigon, the latter by its powerful special attacks versus Slowbro's pitiful Special Defense.

Starmie: Starmie is walled by Rotom-W and dies to a Volt Switch, and cannot KO Hydreigon whilst dying to a Dark Pulse. Scizor can take any non-rain boosted hit and KO with U-turn. Virizion can take even an Ice Beam with its great Special Defense and KO with Giga Drain.

Stoutland: Stoutland is walled by Scizor and Heatran can take its only strong attack, its STAB Return, and isn't common at all.

Tentacruel: Tentacruel loses to Rotom-W, Salamence, and Virizion while having trouble setting up Toxic Spikes against heavy assaults.

Terrakion: Terrakion is checked by Virizion with a speed tie, dies to Scizor's Bullet Punch, and can be revenged by Rotom-W.

Tornadus: Tornadus can KO my entire team with Choice Specs Hurricane, but I have Scizor with Bullet Punch and Rotom-W with Volt Switch to revenge it, so it usually only requires one sacrifice. Big threat though.

Toxicroak: Toxicroak walls my Virizion and Rotom-W, but loses to the rest of my team, so it is not that big of a deal.

Tyranitar: Tyranitar is pretty easy to deal with. CB can't beat Scizor at all while dying to Bullet Punch, while Virizion, Hydreigon, and Salamence can all easily KO it.

Vaporeon: Vaporeon dies to Virizion and Rotom-W, and cannot take repeated assaults.

Venusaur: Venusaur pretty much dies to everything on my team, and I have Scizor in case the sun is up.

Victini: Victini is walled by Salamence and fails to KO Hydreigon with Brick Break, while Heatran is immune to its Fire-type STAB.

Virizion: Virizion gets checked by Scizor, Rotom-W, and my own Virizion, so I don't have too many problems with it.

Volcarona: Volcarona cannot beat Salamence unless it carries HP Rock, loses to Rotom-W, and is walled by Heatran if it lack HP Ground.

Zapdos: Zapdos is walled by Salamence and Hydreigon if it lacks HP Ice, but Salamence will not enjoy taking repeated Thunderbolts with its Naive nature. Heatran can take most any hit from Zapdos can Taunt + Toxic + Magma Storm it to death. Rotom-W can revenge it.

Cheers!

Great team. I see no common threats that you can't handle. If scizor goes down though scarf terrakion will bulldoze your team! Also skarmbliss is a good core that eats your team, but you have voltswitch to play ahead of them. Overall great team, I love the offensive presence!

I would suggest running smogon's Bulky Attacker version of Rotom-W so you can adsorb more attacks for your team, namely fighting and strong ice attacks

Adamant Terrakion Close Combat vs your Rotom = 75% Chance to OHKO after Rocks
Adamant Terrakion Close Combat vs 112/0 Rotom = 12% Chance to OHKO after Rocks

Jukain

!_!
I would suggest running smogon's Bulky Attacker version of Rotom-W so you can adsorb more attacks for your team, namely fighting and strong ice attacks
I would, except that I need a revenge killer.

Zachattack71399 said:
Great team. I see no common threats that you can't handle. If scizor goes down though scarf terrakion will bulldoze your team! Also skarmbliss is a good core that eats your team, but you have voltswitch to play ahead of them. Overall great team, I love the offensive presence!
SkarmBliss doesn't eat my team. Salamence wrecks Skarmory with Fire Blast, and Blissey dies to Outrage. It's also getting constantly worn down by VoltTurn and hazards. Scarf Terrakion is something I just play around. The main thing I do is keep Virizion in top shape because it can take a Scarf Close Combat and KO in return with Giga Drain while getting a lot of its health back. Scizor doesn't care about a Scarf CC and does the job with Bullet Punch. Rotom-W is in much the same boat as Scizor. I play around the move it's locked into, and overall I don't have too many problems with it. Tbh I have more troubles with SubSD Terrakion, as it can switch moves.

Thanks for the rates.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi mister pokemon0078! Nice team.

After taking a close look at your team, I came to the conclusion that entry hazards like Stealth Rock are really a bother for your team. Scizor and Rotom-W, your VoltTurners, have to repeatedly switch in, and each time they do, you lose health due to entry hazards damage, making them less effective threats. Salamence is also less effective since it loses 25% of its health upon switching into Stealth Rock, a hazard your team fails to eliminate. To solve this problem, I would recommend a Standard Starmie instead of Rotom-W. Starmie can still utilize powerful Electric and Water-type moves like Rotom-W, and would be a great addition to your team since it provides invaluable Rapid Spin support, while keeping an offensive presence. Hydro Pump is a powerful STAB, and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are used as coverage moves. Leftovers allows recovery each turn, and Natural Cure heals status ailment upon switching out.

At this point, hazards wouldn't be too big of a problem. However, Terrakion is a threat, as none of your teammates can adequately tank a Close Combat without taking a lot of damage. I feel that Hydreigon's presence just compounds the Terrakion weakness. It's for this reason that I would replace it by a Swords Dance Gliscor. Instead of having 4 special attackers and only 2 physical attackers, it's now equal at 3 per category. Gliscor helps deal with Terrakion, who can't do much to it, while Gliscor takes it out with Earthquake. Swords Dance gives it +2 in Attack, which lets it hit hard and still be able to tank hits. Earthquake is its main STAB, but Ice Fang is for coverage. Finally, Taunt allows it to prevent opponents from setting up, which gives it an advantage against an opponent like Ferrothorn, who will become a set-up fodder. Cool team, and good luck!

Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt | Rapid Spin

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
Impish Nature | 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Ice Fang | Taunt

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there, I would like to try my best effort to rate this team because it is your retirement RMT. I have to agree with everyone that you have a huge Terrakion weakness mainly because you got nothing to switch in safely into a Banded Close Combat, while Scarfed versions will easily revenge kill 5/6 pokemons on your team. I wouldn´t recommend Gliscor as a solution mainly because it will worsen your situation against Mamoswine where Rotom-W is unable to take repeated hits or being heavily damaged by an unexpected Superpower or Stone Edge. My recommendation is to replace Hydreigon, being redudant on this team mainly because Salamence can fulfill the job of being the powerhouse and the lure, with a Trick Room Reuniclus.

Considering that your team is not dependant on Speed itself to suceed, Reuniclus can either weaken the foe´s pokemons and soften it for a Virizion sweep or proceed to a late-game one. Reuniclus can also switch into Terrakion´s Close Combat and pose a huge threat once Trick Room is active. With Salamence being able to lure and take down Jirachi & Scizor, Reuniclus benefits perfectly on this team. I can´t explain more clearly mainly because I haven´t played in weeks but I hope you find this rate helpful. Below is the set and good luck.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb | Magic Guard
Quiet Nature | 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Trick Room | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

Jukain

!_!
Navigation
- Counts
- Current Analyses
- Ongoing Letters
- Finished Letters
- Miscellaneous
- OU Hub Material
- LC Hub Material
- Smog Articles
- HTML
-- The Smog
-- Contributions & Corrections
- Archive (old stuff)
-- Amateur GP Checks
-- XY Previews

Finished Analysis Count - 33 [26 Full, 7 Set] [1 XY OU, 15 BW OU, 3 BW UU, 2 BW RU, 5 BW NU, 2 BW LC, 2 DW OU, 2 DPP Ubers, 1 ADV OU]
Finished Letter Count - 3 [1 LC Hub, 1 OU Hub, 1 NU Hub]
Ongoing Analysis Count - 3 [1 WIP, 2 QC]
Ongoing Letter Count - 1 [1 WIP]
GP Check Count - coming soon
Hub Material Count - 4
Smog Article Count - 8
Smog HTML Count - 19
C&C HTML Count - 5
Competitor HTML Count - 1

This is the base post for all of my Smogon site-related work.

Current Analyses

Ongoing Letters

Finished Analyses

XY OU (Total 1)

Full (Total 1)

BW OU (Total 15)

Full (Total 12)
[/URL]
Set (Total 3)
BW UU (Total 3)
BW RU (Total 2)

Full (Total 1)
Set (Total 1)
BW NU (Total 5)

Full (Total 3)
Set (Total 2)
BW LC (Total 2)
DW OU (Total 2)
DPP Ubers (Total 2)
ADV OU (Total 1)

Finished Letters:
Miscellaneous:
OU Hub:
LC Hub:
NU Hub:
Smog Articles
HTML

Archive:

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey,

This team looks decent, but it has a large weakness to Lucario and Fighting type pokemon in general. Since Hydreigon looks the least important pokemon in your team because is redundant with Salamence, you could replace it with Nasty Plot Mew. Mew can act as a check to pokemon like Terrakion and Conkeldurr while still being able to weaken Special Walls. Here's the set:

Mew@Leftovers | Synchronize
Timid Nature | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nasty Plot / Psyshock / Aura Sphere / Fire Blast

Good luck!

this might not help much but since BW2 Came out you should try out Superpower on hydreigon over focus blast and put 56 evs in atk and 198 speed
because of the chance of missing a focus blast is very big and can cost you the game i think by using Superpower it would get rid of you trying to relay on a hit to win the game thats my 10 cents and he is the set

Hydreigon
Levitate
252 Sp Atk,56 Atk,198 Speed
Draco meteor
Fire blast
Superpower
Dark pulse
31 in all ivs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)