BH Balanced Hackmons

hey! trying to ladder with this team. idea is to spam nuzzle with dialga and lunala, let gigas neutralize other nuzzles/glares/status and potentially break big holes, then let xern and zac sweep in the lategame. chansey helps with the poor matchup against setup, but im noticing a few problems with the team. cant really tell what i should fix tho. if you have any advice on how to improve it, lmk here

https://pokepast.es/8dc7472d10584275

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
hey! trying to ladder with this team. idea is to spam nuzzle with dialga and lunala, let gigas neutralize other nuzzles/glares/status and potentially break big holes, then let xern and zac sweep in the lategame. chansey helps with the poor matchup against setup, but im noticing a few problems with the team. cant really tell what i should fix tho. if you have any advice on how to improve it, lmk here

https://pokepast.es/8dc7472d10584275
hi, good to hear that you're enjoying hackmons (i'm assuming so), but can see some problems with the team that, especially on ladder, can hinder you a lot:
  • improofing. this is especially prominent since you have no anti-setup on the team, so there's really not a lot to stop imposter from coming in and 1v1ing your gigas if it has the relative HP advantage. double nuzzle on the team without a set-in-stone improof also amplifies this as now the gigas gets boosted facades and can 1v1 every team member (xern might be able to come in occasionally but can't come in on +1 facade and over a longer game you can run out of saps).
  • big knock weakness. having your only special wall being able to lose it's special bulk means that etern and self-improof special attackers have a field day against this team. zacian also losing fairy memory can inhibit it's ability to sweep late game, which unless you fancy playing 5-6 until later on you'll have to risk losing.
  • setup weakness. the absence of topsy, haze, spectral or taunt means that any setup mons with coverage that beats your walls often just ends the game on the spot, and it can get really difficult playing in the long term against setup mons you can't really stop without chansey.
  • lack of team synergy. mainly applies to the zacian, where nothing's able to really support it's late game sweep and it ends up being a dead slot in most circumstances due to being unable to break most phys walls by itself (and as mentioned above, it doesn't want to lose it's memory or get statused)
  • ph xern matchup. basically nothing to stop this just coming in and spamming spikes/cage to eliminate imposter.
team looks like it can exert offensive pressure but against decent players, zacian will find difficulties coming in and against dedicated hazard teams you can struggle to maintain a hazard-less field as these teams will be built with pixi xern in mind.

hi, good to hear that you're enjoying hackmons (i'm assuming so), but can see some problems with the team that, especially on ladder, can hinder you a lot:
  • improofing. this is especially prominent since you have no anti-setup on the team, so there's really not a lot to stop imposter from coming in and 1v1ing your gigas if it has the relative HP advantage. double nuzzle on the team without a set-in-stone improof also amplifies this as now the gigas gets boosted facades and can 1v1 every team member (xern might be able to come in occasionally but can't come in on +1 facade and over a longer game you can run out of saps).
  • big knock weakness. having your only special wall being able to lose it's special bulk means that etern and self-improof special attackers have a field day against this team. zacian also losing fairy memory can inhibit it's ability to sweep late game, which unless you fancy playing 5-6 until later on you'll have to risk losing.
  • setup weakness. the absence of topsy, haze, spectral or taunt means that any setup mons with coverage that beats your walls often just ends the game on the spot, and it can get really difficult playing in the long term against setup mons you can't really stop without chansey.
  • lack of team synergy. mainly applies to the zacian, where nothing's able to really support it's late game sweep and it ends up being a dead slot in most circumstances due to being unable to break most phys walls by itself (and as mentioned above, it doesn't want to lose it's memory or get statused)
  • ph xern matchup. basically nothing to stop this just coming in and spamming spikes/cage to eliminate imposter.
team looks like it can exert offensive pressure but against decent players, zacian will find difficulties coming in and against dedicated hazard teams you can struggle to maintain a hazard-less field as these teams will be built with pixi xern in mind.
ty for the advice! looked on it and started using this reworked version of the team. it's been doing a lot better now that i can more consistently check setup and have better synergy, ty!
https://pokepast.es/a11443b3f3afa0fa
only thing im a bit concerned about is that spec thief might not be enough for setup checking, but idk where else to fit turvy or phaze or something like that

I've made yet another team

Team Name: trash; actual garbage

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/68bf0fb6293ccbab

Description: Nuzzle spam offense

How to Use:

This team isn't particularly complicated to use; your goal while using this team is to Nuzzle anything that outspeeds your offensive Pokémon, create holes in the opposing team with Kartana and Xerneas, and sweep with Xerneas or Eternatus.

Kyogre is often the best choice to lead with on account of it having great bulk, the ability to threaten out Pokémon that rely on their speed, and a pivoting move in U-turn. Ho-oh can also work as a lead in certain situations.

Kyogre and Ho-oh are your primary defensive options. As mentioned previously, Kyogre has enormous special bulk and can threaten offensive Pokémon with paralysis, and Ho-oh can Haze away any stat boosts, recover with Strength Sap, threaten a V-create, and pivot with Teleport.

Imposter doesn't threaten Kyogre and is in turn very afraid of Nuzzle.

Kartana doesn't like being switched into by Imposter, since Sunsteel Strike and Glacial Lance do trivial amounts of damage. However, Ho-oh can switch into Imposter transformed into Kartana as long as it's healthy, and Imposter can't switch into Kartana's V-create.

Ho-oh isn't threatened by Imposter, though isn't able to threaten it. Imposter transformed into Ho-oh does become setup fodder for Eternatus, which is nice.

Xerneas is able to beat Imposter for the most part, as Poison Heal users often are able to. However, it does need to be fairly healthy to do so, and in the case that either Xerneas doesn't have the health to take on Imposter or you get unlucky with Thunder Cage, Ho-oh can remove any Quiver Dance boosts.

Eternatus can deal with a paralysed Imposter, and beats Imposter most of the time even if the Imposter is healthy. If you don't want to risk Eternatus or have already lost it, Chansey and Kyogre can both deal with it, though there is a degree of risk involved.

Weaknesses:

Magic Guard Ho-oh is a problem for this team; Brave Bird 3HKOs the entire team other than Chansey, and isn't threatened by anything while at full. However, it's unable to switch into Kartana or Eternatus once it's set up, as it gets 2HKOed and outsped by both.

Slow pivots such as Tapu Fini, Registeel, or anything with Teleport can prove to be an issue. Kyogre and Ho-oh can be undersped, giving the opponent momentum by allowing them to create a favourable matchup or by paralyzing whatever you pivot into. Kyogre and Ho-oh can take a Nuzzle in a pinch, and Xerneas can block Nuzzle as soon as it's successfully activated Toxic Orb.

Unburden + Belly Drum, particularly on Yveltal, is very dangerous for this team. If Ho-oh's down and the opponent has successfully set up, there's not much to be done.

Effectiveness:

The highest I've gotten with this team on the ladder is 1700 Elo.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1540874165
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1540007922

Er, hello, i don't know if this is the right way to do this, httpshttps://pokepast.es/4f0ad2dd7367b71c , But this is the team I've been laddering with. This is my first attempt at a BH team.I'll..try and break down why I built the team the way I did.

So, er, for starters, the Dragopult is the only mon I didn't make myself. I grabbed him from somebody on this forum. I know entrainment is a gimmick, However, this build is an amazing check for imposter, since they don't get the ghost memory when Imposter copies, nullifying any move against me. It's also a great check against first turn setup mons, or mons that rely on Aeriliate or pixelate. I often lead with this mon. However, I struggle against Extreme speed -ate users. Otherwise, however, i like my Zoomin' So named because do you have any Idea how fast he is?

Zygarde. Ok so. I uh, Zygarde has Always, always been my favorite legendary. I love the design, the shiny, just. The absolute giga chad of a tank that he is. I had to have his Complete form on my team, since he Reminds me of the Mecha that i so adore. With this in mind, I thought that I could make a beefcake beefier by throwing on poison heal. It's worked many wonders. Add in thousand arrows, SB< and shift gear, he is usually able to outpressure mons that don't quite have any damage out put. However, i do tend to struggle against High phys attack mons, like Glacial lance Pherosma and Calyrex. Otherwise tho, he's hard to displace and Counter against. Gundam the end, the last thing you'll see as he quells your herasy

Next is Regigigas, another of my favorite legendarys. I was originally running a tough claws wicked blow setup, however I was told that He is a great toxic heal candidate, so I changed his moves around. Spectral thief works great on him, since other users of ST can't yoink his own boost thanks to his normal typing. Dragon dance bulks my already impressive attack and gives a good speedboost, While PB and Facade are high damage moves to counter weak def mons and ground/steel types. Struggles against normalize Spectral thier users, as well as Furcoat Corvi. Especially with anchor shot. Named him my body is ready after the Terminal Montage pokemon legendary battle royal.

Next, good ol Zammy. Not quite as popular as his brother sif, I have a soft spot for the guy. I find that Zam as a prankster user works great with haze and recover, Spectral to yoink stat boost, and anchor shot to keep mons I can widdle down in.Great tank with great speed. Not much else to say.Breastcancerbuster because there is never a wrong time for breast cancer awareness, He rocks the color pink and he'll Bust any cancer he see's. I really like my Prankster setup with this boy. Is it the best? No. But i like him the way he is.

Alright, next is Palkia. I've seen alot of people run the DE Fishrend and shiftgear, so I also threw in adaptability as well as lustrous orb for a mon that does 2.2 dam with his moves.Not much else to say. Named POILER because it sounds like a dumb way to say Pearler and Spoiler. Er, he's neat, tho I prefer Dialga, oh well

Last and not least is my Boy Yveltal. I love this funky death bird. Anyway, After brainstorming with the homies in the OTHER metas chat on PS, Darwin was made. Clangorous soul and simple double all stats. Sub for survivability. Dark and immune to prankster. leftovers to get hp back for another clang solul against haze users. Baton pass to transfer boost to heavy hitters. Power trip for when you don't wanna switch. I named him Darwin because Originally he was Supposed to be a QD Obliv wing Moongiest photon geyser Tinted lens user, to adpat and overcome. Name stuck.

Anyway, yah, im mid 1350 on the ladder at the time of writing, would love feedback or comments, or better ways for my team to have staying power

Er, I'll also Share a few Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1541745311

Last edited:
Er, hello, i don't know if this is the right way to do this, httpshttps://pokepast.es/4f0ad2dd7367b71c , But this is the team I've been laddering with. This is my first attempt at a BH team.I'll..try and break down why I built the team the way I did.

So, er, for starters, the Dragopult is the only mon I didn't make myself. I grabbed him from somebody on this forum. I know entrainment is a gimmick, However, this build is an amazing check for imposter, since they don't get the ghost memory when Imposter copies, nullifying any move against me. It's also a great check against first turn setup mons, or mons that rely on Aeriliate or pixelate. I often lead with this mon. However, I struggle against Extreme speed -ate users. Otherwise, however, i like my Zoomin' So named because do you have any Idea how fast he is?

Zygarde. Ok so. I uh, Zygarde has Always, always been my favorite legendary. I love the design, the shiny, just. The absolute giga chad of a tank that he is. I had to have his Complete form on my team, since he Reminds me of the Mecha that i so adore. With this in mind, I thought that I could make a beefcake beefier by throwing on poison heal. It's worked many wonders. Add in thousand arrows, SB< and shift gear, he is usually able to outpressure mons that don't quite have any damage out put. However, i do tend to struggle against High phys attack mons, like Glacial lance Pherosma and Calyrex. Otherwise tho, he's hard to displace and Counter against. Gundam the end, the last thing you'll see as he quells your herasy

Next is Regigigas, another of my favorite legendarys. I was originally running a tough claws wicked blow setup, however I was told that He is a great toxic heal candidate, so I changed his moves around. Spectral thief works great on him, since other users of ST can't yoink his own boost thanks to his normal typing. Dragon dance bulks my already impressive attack and gives a good speedboost, While PB and Facade are high damage moves to counter weak def mons and ground/steel types. Struggles against normalize Spectral thier users, as well as Furcoat Corvi. Especially with anchor shot. Named him my body is ready after the Terminal Montage pokemon legendary battle royal.

Next, good ol Zammy. Not quite as popular as his brother sif, I have a soft spot for the guy. I find that Zam as a prankster user works great with haze and recover, Spectral to yoink stat boost, and anchor shot to keep mons I can widdle down in.Great tank with great speed. Not much else to say.Breastcancerbuster because there is never a wrong time for breast cancer awareness, He rocks the color pink and he'll Bust any cancer he see's. I really like my Prankster setup with this boy. Is it the best? No. But i like him the way he is.

Alright, next is Palkia. I've seen alot of people run the DE Fishrend and shiftgear, so I also threw in adaptability as well as lustrous orb for a mon that does 2.2 dam with his moves.Not much else to say. Named POILER because it sounds like a dumb way to say Pearler and Spoiler. Er, he's neat, tho I prefer Dialga, oh well

Last and not least is my Boy Yveltal. I love this funky death bird. Anyway, After brainstorming with the homies in the OTHER metas chat on PS, Darwin was made. Clangorous soul and simple double all stats. Sub for survivability. Dark and immune to prankster. leftovers to get hp back for another clang solul against haze users. Baton pass to transfer boost to heavy hitters. Power trip for when you don't wanna switch. I named him Darwin because Originally he was Supposed to be a QD Obliv wing Moongiest photon geyser Tinted lens user, to adpat and overcome. Name stuck.

Anyway, yah, im mid 1350 on the ladder at the time of writing, would love feedback or comments, or better ways for my team to have staying power

Er, I'll also Share a few Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1541745311
Nice team (and nicknames) and welcome to BH! For improving staying power I have some suggestions:

Zamazenta -> Registeel
-Spectral Thief -> Entrainment

Explanation: The team is quite weak to fairy types (4 mons weak and no resists) so using a prankster mon that can take on mons like xerneas or zacian can help a lot. You do lose out on a lot of speed and power, but with speed from prankster and attacks that are not that powerful anyways the difference usually isn't game-changing. The team also struggles with ways to deal with opposing poison heal mons, especially regigigas, so adding another way to remove poison heal with entrainment can go a long way in making sure you can beat them.

On Palkia:
-Shift Gear -> Rapid Spin
-Spectral Thief -> Strength Sap

Explanation: For teams that want to stick around in BH, hazard removal is an absolute necessity. Rapid spin on palkia is a bit strange but it can be helpful in boosting speed just like shift gear while also removing hazards, since dragon energy prevents it from being easily spinblocked by ghost types. Hazard control pokemon (and dragon energy users) usually want some kind of recovery to make sure they can keep removing hazards throughout the game, which is what strength sap is for.

If you wanted to take the team further I would suggest looking into win conditions that are more incremental and can make progress against opposing prankster pokemon with hazards and status. Have fun playing!

Nice team (and nicknames) and welcome to BH! For improving staying power I have some suggestions:

Zamazenta -> Registeel
-Spectral Thief -> Entrainment

Explanation: The team is quite weak to fairy types (4 mons weak and no resists) so using a prankster mon that can take on mons like xerneas or zacian can help a lot. You do lose out on a lot of speed and power, but with speed from prankster and attacks that are not that powerful anyways the difference usually isn't game-changing. The team also struggles with ways to deal with opposing poison heal mons, especially regigigas, so adding another way to remove poison heal with entrainment can go a long way in making sure you can beat them.

On Palkia:
-Shift Gear -> Rapid Spin
-Spectral Thief -> Strength Sap

Explanation: For teams that want to stick around in BH, hazard removal is an absolute necessity. Rapid spin on palkia is a bit strange but it can be helpful in boosting speed just like shift gear while also removing hazards, since dragon energy prevents it from being easily spinblocked by ghost types. Hazard control pokemon (and dragon energy users) usually want some kind of recovery to make sure they can keep removing hazards throughout the game, which is what strength sap is for.

If you wanted to take the team further I would suggest looking into win conditions that are more incremental and can make progress against opposing prankster pokemon with hazards and status. Have fun playing!
Ah, so Like this? https://pokepast.es/98b88f15ecb92ea4
I also replaced my Gigas DD with Shift gear, its a lil better.
Also the more I use this team, I don't...really get alot of value out Of my Yveltal. However, if I do remove him, who could I put in to complete my team, and get a 'win' Condition?
Also, another replay. The Regi worked wonders:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1541838913-klaz84jxjchw1ka8nnqfa7g9yl8igb2pw

Last edited:
Also the more I use this team, I don't...really get alot of value out Of my Yveltal. However, if I do remove him, who could I put in to complete my team, and get a 'win' Condition?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1541838913-klaz84jxjchw1ka8nnqfa7g9yl8igb2pw
Yep, those are the changes I had in mind. In terms of win conditions it's really where you can be most creative in team-building so the possibilities are limitless. Here's an example of a good yveltal set for making progress (oblivion wing is faster than prankster):

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing
- Fiery Wrath / Thunder Cage / Anything you want
- Earth Power / Leech Seed / Anything you want

"Win conditions" don't necessarily have to be super powerful breakers though - they can just as easily be slow plans to win by chipping down your opponent with hazards or status, which are great because they can make some progress even if your opponent has a wall that counters your pokemon. In particular for this team I would consider something like glare on zygarde over photon geyser and spikes on regigigas over precipice blades or spectral thief.

edit: I'll also add that a +speed nature on palkia is usually really important, with hasty and naive being the most common options.

ty for the advice! looked on it and started using this reworked version of the team. it's been doing a lot better now that i can more consistently check setup and have better synergy, ty!
https://pokepast.es/a11443b3f3afa0fa
only thing im a bit concerned about is that spec thief might not be enough for setup checking, but idk where else to fit turvy or phaze or something like that
Remember that dealing with setup isn't just relegated to "Oh God he clicked a boosting move we have to get rid of the funny numbers," but can also be done proactively. Keeping pressure up to discourage a boost is much better than just stopping the sweep. Even a mon without boost removal can completely stop a sweep in its tracks via status crippling, or punish attempts with hazards, chip, etc. You could even just fucking hit them lmao. For example, non FC, +spdef Zam isn't going to be ohko'd by most unboosted Blades users barring the Don himself. In the case of a clean-momentum, full health 1v1 vs Gigas, defensive Zam with thunderous kick can just chunk for massive damage before swapping to another teammate that will be able to fully stuff Gigas. They can't actually kill you in 2 turns, so things are in your favor. This changes a bit with VC, but this is just one specific example and you'll get a better feel for things with time.

Point is, countering setup is by no means something that's relegated to reactive play. There's plenty of interactions that will give you opportunities even if you don't just haze the boosts away.

That being said, the team feels a bit weird in that your defensive core consists of a giga-passive Zam, slightly less passive Lunala, and Imp. Your only hazard counterplay is in the form of spin on xern and zam, without bounce as an extra safety net. Stacking spin in particular is pretty meh, especially since teams that heavily value hazards (aka the teams to worry about hazards the most against) will 200% be ready to punish or discourage the most popular spinner in the meta. Aside from that, neither of your furscales mons has pivot, so they're an even bigger momentum drain than furscales already tends to be.

You're also HORRIBLY weak to normpult. You don't ohko with pixspeed, so without some prior chip, Drag will basically set up on you at the cost of being chunked, then proceed to boost or otherwise amp up the pressure until you inevitably sack a mon to bring xern in again on it.

Just some stuff to consider.

DD is an entirely viable option over Shift Gear if you have other speed control and plan on your Gigas sticking around. Double PP is VERY useful and even if Gigas' speed often leaves you wanting +2 over +1, there's pros and cons to each side so it comes down to preference. Also, what quojova said.

Yep, those are the changes I had in mind. In terms of win conditions it's really where you can be most creative in team-building so the possibilities are limitless. Here's an example of a good yveltal set for making progress (oblivion wing is faster than prankster):

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing
- Fiery Wrath / Thunder Cage / Anything you want
- Earth Power / Leech Seed / Anything you want

"Win conditions" don't necessarily have to be super powerful breakers though - they can just as easily be slow plans to win by chipping down your opponent with hazards or status, which are great because they can make some progress even if your opponent has a wall that counters your pokemon. In particular for this team I would consider something like glare on zygarde over photon geyser and spikes on regigigas over precipice blades or spectral thief.

edit: I'll also add that a +speed nature on palkia is usually really important, with hasty and naive being the most common options.
Honestly, you're right.
https://pokepast.es/163abff1e9fc5c38
How's these changes? I went with quiver dance over Nasty plot for Yev, since I like the speed boost as well. The plus +1 and +1 speed and spA seems like a better option. I also replaced photon Geyser with spikes, So while I lose a damaging move, I make up for it by chip damage. As for yev, I went ahead and for the last move slot did Searing shot, for a fire coverage move as well as a burn chance for phys attackers and those pesky corvynights
New nicknames for registeel and Yev, one because he's a mean green machine who hates cancer, and the other because Baron Samedi is the god of crossroads (Ie, the y shape looks like a splitting path) and the afterlife (Death birb)
While I still struggle around the 1400's on the ladder, I am consistently getting more wins.
Replaced Palkia with a speedy Nature.

DD is an entirely viable option over Shift Gear if you have other speed control and plan on your Gigas sticking around. Double PP is VERY useful and even if Gigas' speed often leaves you wanting +2 over +1, there's pros and cons to each side so it comes down to preference. Also, what quojova said.
Taking this into consideation, I understand. Since Regi has more staying power with tox heal, it makes more sense to keep more PP since haze users are prevalent. So I made the necessary drop
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Edit] Also Also, I uh, made a new team, and was wondering what you all thought about it.
https://pokepast.es/b76c681cbf213f2f

Ahem, Let me explain the gameplan

The goal of this team was using Mons I don't have in my first

Zam: Return of everyone's favorite breast cancer awareness Advocate, is back, with a shiny new look, and BEEFCAKED to boot! Anchor shot to trap, fur coat and Assault vest work well to annoy even the heavyest of hitters, Thund Kick to drop def, and drain punch for recovery! Obviously Sucks against mold breaker and ghost types, but we have other mons to take care of that!

Next, Necroz dusk wings, Aka Lunagazer, aka a Cool Model kit of a Gundam I want. Anyway, His whole purpose is to just be a nuisance. Top turv for non dark types, and Haze for dark types, with recovery and a heavy hitting move. Er, however, kinda, well, squishy. Any ghost type moves kill him, which is unfortunate

Next, Venomosa, A Kyerum black, as he reminds me of Bane's venom. Anyway, uh, Pretty standard. Skill link with scaleshot and Ice spear, shift gear if you don't want the def drop and can survive a hit. Pretty good revenge killer, hits like a train. Surge strikes for Furcoat users or stat boosted foes. Not much else to say here.

Next, Is Soulja boi! He's supposed to be A Solgaleo that bust through stuff like furcoat and other pesky abilities, With the Help of Sunsteel strike and Photon Geyser. Healbell for those pesky nuzzle spammers, and flame charge for adecent speed buff. I wasn't sure what to put in the last slot. Kinda bad against late game setup sweepers.

Next up is iunno, funny af, because It's my terrible attempt at a non-chansy imposter. Light Orb pikachi is funny to me, especially when an oppenet has a strong statted mon, and I can just kill them since I'm usually faster and have double atk and spA. Er, wasn't sure what to use for the base form, so. Yeah

Lastly, :> Unlike his Brother, this boy is ALL about SpA damage, with tinted lens, a recover with Obliv wing, and quiver dance and searing shot to have a coverage move as well as to outspeed.

I'm not sure if this team is any good, but I put alot of efffort into it

Last edited:

Tea Guzzler

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Honestly, you're right.
How's these changes? I went with quiver dance over Nasty plot for Yev, since I like the speed boost as well. The plus +1 and +1 speed and spA seems like a better option. I also replaced photon Geyser with spikes, So while I lose a damaging move, I make up for it by chip damage. As for yev, I went ahead and for the last move slot did Searing shot, for a fire coverage move as well as a burn chance for phys attackers and those pesky corvynights
New nicknames for registeel and Yev, one because he's a mean green machine who hates cancer, and the other because Baron Samedi is the god of crossroads (Ie, the y shape looks like a splitting path) and the afterlife (Death birb)
While I still struggle around the 1400's on the ladder, I am consistently getting more wins.

Taking this into consideation, I understand. Since Regi has more staying power with tox heal, it makes more sense to keep more PP since haze users are prevalent. So I made the necessary drop
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Edit] Also Also, I uh, made a new team, and was wondering what you all thought about it.

Zam: Return of everyone's favorite breast cancer awareness Advocate, is back, with a shiny new look, and BEEFCAKED to boot! Anchor shot to trap, fur coat and Assault vest work well to annoy even the heavyest of hitters, Thund Kick to drop def, and drain punch for recovery! Obviously Sucks against mold breaker and ghost types, but we have other mons to take care of that!

Next, Necroz dusk wings, Aka Lunagazer, aka a Cool Model kit of a Gundam I want. Anyway, His whole purpose is to just be a nuisance. Top turv for non dark types, and Haze for dark types, with recovery and a heavy hitting move. Er, however, kinda, well, squishy. Any ghost type moves kill him, which is unfortunate

Next, Venomosa, A Kyerum black, as he reminds me of Bane's venom. Anyway, uh, Pretty standard. Skill link with scaleshot and Ice spear, shift gear if you don't want the def drop and can survive a hit. Pretty good revenge killer, hits like a train. Surge strikes for Furcoat users or stat boosted foes. Not much else to say here.

Next, Is Soulja boi! He's supposed to be A Solgaleo that bust through stuff like furcoat and other pesky abilities, With the Help of Sunsteel strike and Photon Geyser. Healbell for those pesky nuzzle spammers, and flame charge for adecent speed buff. I wasn't sure what to put in the last slot. Kinda bad against late game setup sweepers.

Next up is iunno, funny af, because It's my terrible attempt at a non-chansy imposter. Light Orb pikachi is funny to me, especially when an oppenet has a strong statted mon, and I can just kill them since I'm usually faster and have double atk and spA. Er, wasn't sure what to use for the base form, so. Yeah

Lastly, :> Unlike his Brother, this boy is ALL about SpA damage, with tinted lens, a recover with Obliv wing, and quiver dance and searing shot to have a coverage move as well as to outspeed.

few things about this team:
  • the kyurem-black doesn't make much sense. skill link has no effect on surging strikes, and glacial lance is available which is higher damage then 5 hit icicle spear and doesn't have any RNG attached. dragon STAB also isn't massively useful since most things you're hitting are either getting destroyed by lance or by non-dragon coverage (the only things that dragon stab is hitting SE that glance isn't are reshiram, kyurem and palkia, all of which get destroyed by glance anyway). dropping scale shot for something like v-create, surging for something with more useful like precipice blades, and changing the ability to something that augments damage output like mold breaker can improve this (since you're using shift gear, you can also run adamant). note that setup kyurem-b is notoriously hard to imposter proof though.
  • pika's not doing a lot here, there's nothing here supporting it and it is almost wholly dependent on team support to work. normally you want paralysis on the enemy to guaranteed outspeed (since it's bulk is basically absent) but you can just lose the 50/50 and lose your pika without it.
  • zama-c should have a healing move over drain punch. you aren't hitting fighting resists hard enough to dissuade them from just preventing you healing for meaningful amounts. also note that running tkick means you don't self-improof, whereas with something like body press you can (at the cost of lower overall damage output). vest isn't worth it for this (drain punch) reason, run something like leftovers for higher longevity or rusted shield to sponge knock offs/tricks.
  • adapt solgaleo works i guess, but with no attack boosting and no recovery you are absolutely not doing enough over the course of a game. solgaleo's mediocre attack also isn't massively useful as a breaking mon and by running dual stabs without boosting, any physical wall (even bearing in mind the ability ignoring) can likely wall you out.
  • both haze and topsy are mostly unnecessary on dawn wings. usually you want either one or the other, i'd probably go haze since it means you don't become literally useless against dark-type setup. being picked off by random wicked blow coverage isn't nice either.
  • this kyurem-w isn't doing a lot. being slow, frail, having no stabs and virtually recovery-less means that teams will not have a hard time dispatching it, even when boosted. o-wing itself doesn't constitute recovery because you're taking so much damage and don't have stab on it.
you also have basically no answers to viable meta mons. regigigas is really the only one you safely check because of fur coat zama, but you can easily get exploited in this necessity through aggressive paralysis, hazards and chip. this team pretty much loses to xerneas, eternatus, kartana, groudon, ho-oh and an ok-supported regigigas at the offset.
no hazard removal is asking for trouble and with these mons, which do not enjoy setting up, you can get destroyed before you can hit back very easily.
there's also next to no improofing - outside of kyurem-b and solgaleo, there's nothing stopping imposter from coming in and wreaking havoc with your own mons. this'd need to be addressed as well.

few things about this team:
  • the kyurem-black doesn't make much sense. skill link has no effect on surging strikes, and glacial lance is available which is higher damage then 5 hit icicle spear and doesn't have any RNG attached. dragon STAB also isn't massively useful since most things you're hitting are either getting destroyed by lance or by non-dragon coverage (the only things that dragon stab is hitting SE that glance isn't are reshiram, kyurem and palkia, all of which get destroyed by glance anyway). dropping scale shot for something like v-create, surging for something with more useful like precipice blades, and changing the ability to something that augments damage output like mold breaker can improve this (since you're using shift gear, you can also run adamant). note that setup kyurem-b is notoriously hard to imposter proof though.
  • pika's not doing a lot here, there's nothing here supporting it and it is almost wholly dependent on team support to work. normally you want paralysis on the enemy to guaranteed outspeed (since it's bulk is basically absent) but you can just lose the 50/50 and lose your pika without it.
  • zama-c should have a healing move over drain punch. you aren't hitting fighting resists hard enough to dissuade them from just preventing you healing for meaningful amounts. also note that running tkick means you don't self-improof, whereas with something like body press you can (at the cost of lower overall damage output). vest isn't worth it for this (drain punch) reason, run something like leftovers for higher longevity or rusted shield to sponge knock offs/tricks.
  • adapt solgaleo works i guess, but with no attack boosting and no recovery you are absolutely not doing enough over the course of a game. solgaleo's mediocre attack also isn't massively useful as a breaking mon and by running dual stabs without boosting, any physical wall (even bearing in mind the ability ignoring) can likely wall you out.
  • both haze and topsy are mostly unnecessary on dawn wings. usually you want either one or the other, i'd probably go haze since it means you don't become literally useless against dark-type setup. being picked off by random wicked blow coverage isn't nice either.
  • this kyurem-w isn't doing a lot. being slow, frail, having no stabs and virtually recovery-less means that teams will not have a hard time dispatching it, even when boosted. o-wing itself doesn't constitute recovery because you're taking so much damage and don't have stab on it.
you also have basically no answers to viable meta mons. regigigas is really the only one you safely check because of fur coat zama, but you can easily get exploited in this necessity through aggressive paralysis, hazards and chip. this team pretty much loses to xerneas, eternatus, kartana, groudon, ho-oh and an ok-supported regigigas at the offset.
no hazard removal is asking for trouble and with these mons, which do not enjoy setting up, you can get destroyed before you can hit back very easily.
there's also next to no improofing - outside of kyurem-b and solgaleo, there's nothing stopping imposter from coming in and wreaking havoc with your own mons. this'd need to be addressed as well.
Taking all this into Consideration, I have revamped my team 2
https://pokepast.es/c1a3be4daee8830c

Zam has instead been redone with the rusted shield and body press kit, as well as Iron defense and recover. Hopefully this gives him more staying power and more of a chance to Hit others.

I completely revamped KB with the changes you suggested, and added in Wicked blow for fur coat users, just to be safe.

KW did lack stab, so I gave it Frost breath. With Tinted lens, it's essentially a 120 base power STAB critical against Any mon that resist Ice. I kept QD and searing shot, however, And gave it recover for recovery.

Next, I replaced Dusk with Lugia. Lugia has a better typing, better bulk, and faster than Dusk, making it a far better Prankster user. I gave it Haze, recover, and defog, as well as Air slash for a Damage move. This should keep it alive and able to displace hazards

Next, I basically did my Drag set on a Different mon, with marshadow being speedy enough to outspeed most mons, and shift gear guaranteed. Normalize means Imposter cant switch in and damage me, as because they don't have ghost memory, all the attack moves will simply be Normal.

Lastly, I brought in Dusk mane.I have this mon as a bulky No retreat baton pass user with Sunsteel strike and Mirror armor. Heal bell because I can send him in if i face para users.

I hope That helps Get it more, er, even for the course as such

Honestly, you're right.

Hey, I made some changes on one of your teams. You don't have to use it, but It's just something to give you more ideas. I just remade it how I would if this were to be my team.
https://pokepast.es/6afebdb6cca1a405
P.S. I'm not saying your team was bad at all, I just thought I'd share this because I randomly started messing with it for some reason.

Last edited:
Hey, I made some changes on one of your teams. You don't have to use it, but It's just something to give you more ideas. I just remade it how I would if this were to be my team.
https://pokepast.es/6afebdb6cca1a405
P.S. I'm not saying your team was bad at all, I just thought I'd share this because I randomly started messing with it for some reason.
Oh man, this is really cool! Love the names and movesets! For some reason, I just do NOT like Ho-oh, as a mon and design, so I never consider using it. Lugia is much cooler. However this set looks Snasthy, Love the weather teams

Also, here's another replay of my original team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1542588407

Last edited:

tzaur

فلسطين حرة
is a Tiering Contributor
Apologies if this has already been answered previously in the thread, but would anyone be kind enough to share some tips on dealing with Xern and/or the best answers to it, mainly the standard Metro/Plate + Pixilate variants? Despite being around for forever at this point, Pixi Xerns still give me issues, especially in extended matches, when piloted by decent players and I don't use a hard, dedicated check to it such as Scales Etern which has by far been the best answer to it in my experience--but I'm sure there are a lot of other reliable ways to handle it. Sometimes feels like that mon brute forces its way through some of its checks especially when used in conjunction with hazard support and/or Regigigas, and I find myself sort of "tunnel visioning" by trying to PP stall Boomburst/Sap spam, which works 15% of the time for me and 20% on a good day, instead of dealing with it in a more proactive/reliable manner.

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not exhaustive but here are some options to deal with most Pixilate Xerneas sets. Using some of these mons can also lead to more variety in your teambuilds, which can be a nice change of pace. Hope this helps!
:zamazenta-crowned:
Zama-C with most abilities, notably Ice Scales, can handle Pixilate Xern fairly well when using Knock Off or Corrosive Gas. I've also run Anchor + Knock Magic Bounce to deny Strength Sap and there is always Anchor + Entrainment with pretty much any ability to stall out almost any Xerneas variant (but watch out for V-create). RegenVest with moves like Knock Off and Nuzzle also help against Xern. Then you have rising offensive sets like Tough Claws that just erase Xern with Steel STAB.
:pichu::pikachu::raichu:
Nuzzle is great against Pixi Xern as it can break up Metronome counts, help Imposter matchups, and just annoy it in general.
:ho-oh:
Ho-Oh can check Pixi Xern with Desolate Land and Aerilate best, as one shuts down Fishious Rend and the other halves its damage (w/ Extreme Speed). Diamond Storm is a lure of course and Ho-Oh just counts this as a loss. Strength Sap is annoying but you can play around this with Fire Lash too.
:chansey:
Eviolite Imposter fairs well against most Pixi Xern as long as it is fairly healthy and the opposing Xern hasn't built up its Metronome count.
:eternatus:
You mentioned Ice Scales Etern, which is a fine check for most Pixi Xerns, but you have to remember that almost any Etern carrying Poison STAB offensively checks Xern before it has momentum and wins the 1v1 in most situations.
:groudon:
This isn't my favorite Xern check but Ice Scales and Soundproof are both capable of handling Pixi Xern as long as it isn't running Rend. Hates Sap still though so checking it isn't pretty.
:solgaleo:
This mon isn't attractive to most teams but it can pull off various abilities like Scales, Fur Coat, Fire-immune, Bounce, etc, and check Xerneas with Anchor and various other things similar to Zama-C but while actually resisting Fairy.
:kartana:
Another offensive check that outspeeds every Xern with Jolly and half the Xerns with Adamant and OHKOes them with Sunsteel Strike (boosted by an item or ability).
:registeel:
Another ugly mon to use but you are only tickled by Boomburst and you can't be OHKOed by V-create. Prankster, Fire-immune, RegenVest, and others can all be used to check Xern.
:regigigas:
PH Gigas can sit on Xern in the right circumstances and wear it down with Dragon Dance + Facade. Not a switch-in but can handle it still if used right.
:palkia:
Outside of Extreme Speed you outspeed Xern and 2HKO with Fishious Rend. Can't deal with it after a Rapid Spin, though.
:celesteela::magearna::ferrothorn:
Grouping these together for now. All can run Fire-immune sets to check V-create variants but all have downsides like not handling Metronome Rend as well or not having the bulk to handle Metronome Boomburst once it gets rolling. All can use Knock Off and/or Entrainment fairly well though and Ferro's Magic Bounce set handles Xern without Fire coverage.
:victini:
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 450-531 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Not exhaustive but here are some options to deal with most Pixilate Xerneas sets. Using some of these mons can also lead to more variety in your teambuilds, which can be a nice change of pace. Hope this helps!
Wanna write out a few notes on this post as I do feel like it kinda underestimates what Xerneas can do against these mons / misses out some key details on these mons that actually make them better (or worse) answers.

:zamazenta-crowned:
Zama-C with most abilities, notably Ice Scales, can handle Pixilate Xern fairly well when using Knock Off or Corrosive Gas. I've also run Anchor + Knock Magic Bounce to deny Strength Sap and there is always Anchor + Entrainment with pretty much any ability to stall out almost any Xerneas variant (but watch out for V-create). RegenVest with moves like Knock Off and Nuzzle also help against Xern. Then you have rising offensive sets like Tough Claws that just erase Xern with Steel STAB.
Hot take: Zamazenta-C is a bad Xerneas answer. Most of the sets are nearly already 2HKOd by Boomburst without boosts, making Pixie Plate sets always a 2HKO, and Anchor Shot, the common Steel move for Zamazenta-C, is not always a move that can 2HKO, especially vs Bold variants. V-create is a 2HKO on non-FC sets, Nuzzle puts Zamazenta-C in a lot of tough spots, basically forcing it to hope it can recover to answer Xerneas properly. Including this is the fact that Ice Scales sets can't even properly 1v1 Xerneas if paralyzed, because Rapid Spin spam will just do enough damage if the Xerneas is lucky enough to avoid crits. I'd rather prefer to use this for mons I can actually somewhat answer like Regigigas and Kartana, but even with that, these sorts of calcs are starting to make me doubt if Zamazenta-C is as good as people say in general.
:eternatus:
You mentioned Ice Scales Etern, which is a fine check for most Pixi Xerns, but you have to remember that almost any Etern carrying Poison STAB offensively checks Xern before it has momentum and wins the 1v1 in most situations.
:regigigas:
PH Gigas can sit on Xern in the right circumstances and wear it down with Dragon Dance + Facade. Not a switch-in but can handle it still if used right.
:ho-oh:
Ho-Oh can check Pixi Xern with Desolate Land and Aerilate best, as one shuts down Fishious Rend and the other halves its damage (w/ Extreme Speed). Diamond Storm is a lure of course and Ho-Oh just counts this as a loss. Strength Sap is annoying but you can play around this with Fire Lash too.
:pichu::pikachu::raichu:
Nuzzle is great against Pixi Xern as it can break up Metronome counts, help Imposter matchups, and just annoy it in general.
:chansey:
Eviolite Imposter fairs well against most Pixi Xern as long as it is fairly healthy and the opposing Xern hasn't built up its Metronome count.
I'd say these are probably the best 5 answers for Pixilate Xerneas. Bonus points for RegenVest Eternatus and Magic Guard Ho-Oh - both of these guys can be quite nasty to switch into and work well as punishes for Xerneas recklessly clicking moves, especially Eternatus, as it can't get much HP back from Strength Sap. Gigas doesn't seem like a good answer at first but Jolly SD + Nuzzle can pretty much always force a punish on Xerneas, even if it goes down early, and is a great response to it if you have the upper hand in terms of momentum. Do be aware that the all of these have some major punish from a different Xerneas set, so you need to pair multiple of these or have some sort of offensive pressure on Xerneas to limit the all-out attacking sets from coming in too often.
:groudon:
This isn't my favorite Xern check but Ice Scales and Soundproof are both capable of handling Pixi Xern as long as it isn't running Rend. Hates Sap still though so checking it isn't pretty.
Don is a bit of an odd one. Soft Sand Ice Scales is capable of 2HKOing Xerneas with Precipice Blades, but even with that, it's not really able to hold its own vs Sap / Rend, which would be the majority of Pixilate Xerneas. I think this is a mon that works decently well in the short term (I'm a big fan of how Prank Don can stop Xerneas from overperforming), but not something that really beats a Xerneas that can hold its own to a long term wincon like Spin spam or a set that has some other coverage for Don, like Fishious Rend + Sap or Magma Storm that can burn its recovery PP out quickly. Bonus points to Poison Fang sets, which actually have some sort of long-lasting punish to Xerneas.
:solgaleo:
This mon isn't attractive to most teams but it can pull off various abilities like Scales, Fur Coat, Fire-immune, Bounce, etc, and check Xerneas with Anchor and various other things similar to Zama-C but while actually resisting Fairy.
I actually think this is the best check to Xerneas money can buy. Anchor / Spectral / Entrain / Recover with FC beats nearly every Xern, being only beaten by the rare Blue Flare AoA Xern. Its passivity & susceptibility to Adapt Groudon teams is not a very desirable trait, however, and like many of its type, it really does hate paralysis making its job harder at checking certain threats. If you're really struggling with RegiXern types of builds, I think this is the go-to answer. That being said, I only really buy FC and PSea, as these sets are really the only ones that handle enough in the metagame to negate the passivity of Solgaleo.

:kartana:
Another offensive check that outspeeds every Xern with Jolly and half the Xerns with Adamant and OHKOes them with Sunsteel Strike (boosted by an item or ability).
:palkia:
Outside of Extreme Speed you outspeed Xern and 2HKO with Fishious Rend. Can't deal with it after a Rapid Spin, though.
:victini:
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 450-531 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
I don't really think these can count as Xerneas answers. They're capable of offensively checking Xerneas, but don't have longevity at all and either tend to be vulnerable to longer term wincons, walls like FC Zama-C / Lunala, and in the case of Palkia, you need to get yourself into the position where you can even 2HKO Xerneas, otherwise you're just about as good of a punish as every Paralysis user in existence. In the case of what tzaur had problems with, these really don't cut it for answers enough and I think the same as well, especially when the roles of most of these Pokemon can just be done better by more durable wincons.

:registeel:
Another ugly mon to use but you are only tickled by Boomburst and you can't be OHKOed by V-create. Prankster, Fire-immune, RegenVest, and others can all be used to check Xern.
Like Zamazenta-C, this is a bad answer, but for different reasons. About the only thing I can see this actually doing vs Xerneas is clicking Prank Glare / DBond in an attempt to take Xerneas down with it, but this doesn't stop the longer term Xerneas sets that use moves like Nuzzle, Knock Off, Thunder Cage and Volt Switch in an attempt to make Registeel an obsolete answer by the end of the game.

:celesteela::magearna::ferrothorn:
Grouping these together for now. All can run Fire-immune sets to check V-create variants but all have downsides like not handling Metronome Rend as well or not having the bulk to handle Metronome Boomburst once it gets rolling. All can use Knock Off and/or Entrainment fairly well though and Ferro's Magic Bounce set handles Xern without Fire coverage.
Ferro's good at beating the ones that last a while, the others aren't really good at beating Xerneas anyway but are non-passive answers that are quite easy to fit on teams due to how good they are as removal. I think -ate sets are the only legit sets for Celesteela / Magearna though, PrimSea sets read as too passive to me.

Some notes that I feel are also helpful:

Offensive pressure:

In general, having a lot of mons that 2HKO Pixilate Xerneas makes it a lot easier to handle. Mons like Regigigas, Zacian, Zekrom, Spectrier and Groudon all somewhat help in the game of overwhelming Xerneas, as these mons don't switch in easily but trade good blows with these mons and can force a condition that prevents Xerneas from clicking Boomburst, or dissuades AoA Xerneas from coming in too often, meaning the amount of damage it can do is minimal due to its lack of longevity.

:type null: :kyogre: :lunala: Regenerator pivots (Type:Null, Kyogre, rando regenvesters)

Some random regens can actually slap even the most offensive of Xerneas. Kyogre / Lunala can carry Nuzzle, Eternatus deals serious damage with Sludge Bomb (although non Spectral variants lose to QD), and Type:Null can attempt to force paralysis or some other sort of punish. Do note that all of these mons hate Nuzzle sets.

:groudon: :tapu fini: Prank Entrain / Glare

Probably the most short-notice punish on this list, these are pranks that don't usually beat Xerneas, but highly dissuade it from switching in or continually using Boomburst in an attempt to break. Entrain prevents Xerneas from sitting on these targets, whilst Glare prevents Xerneas from exploiting other members as easily.

Anti-checks (mons that actively let in Xerneas, making it much harder to beat)

:giratina: :zygarde-complete: Dragons without status punish / prank Entrain

These guys are probably the biggest reason you're losing to Xerneas: you don't have a long term game plan for Xerneas, but use mons like these. In tests with ItsChew, I've exploited this with PH Giratina continually, often causing teams that have something like PrimSea Celesteela + Ice Scales Zamazenta-C to fall. Zygarde-C counts a little less because its best sets usually have some form of punish like paralysis, Knock Off or can scout Xerneas reliably, but Giratina is usually a big reason why you're failing to beat some of the big offensive threats.

:zamazenta-crowned: :celesteela: Poorly matched up Steel-types (Fur Coat Zamazenta-C without Nuzzle, passive Celesteelas, PrimSea steels into Fishious Rend)

These guys "should" beat Xerneas, but they don't. I've hard switched into PSea Celesteela a few times with Xerneas, and won out in the end usually because I can force para, volt out, or just burn recovery moves and Sap it to oblivion. Without some other form of significant punish, these just don't do the job.

MAMP

MAMP!
best way to beat pixi xern long-term is to minimise strength sap healing and wear it down with hazards, rocky helmet, etc. unfortunately there aren't a lot of ways to block sap that aren't passive or lose to common coverage options. i prefer xern checks with low attack stats for this reason: ice scales etern is a particularly good option, but registeel is reasonable as well (the low attack stat is secretly its biggest niche over other bulky steels imo). darm-z is pretty flawed but it walls most xerns, especially with desland, fc, or prankster to not die to fishious rend, and xern only gets 13% for sapping it. magic bouncers like ho-oh, victini, or ferro are ok but as mentioned they can be a bit passive and xern can get past them with coverage, so you can't rely on them as a your only xern check. a bouncer doesn't have to be a reliable xern counter to make it awkward for xern to heal, something like bounce zama-c still does the job even though it doesn't really like to switch into boomburst because the xern user has to risk zama-c getting in for free and forcing them out every time they sap, which makes them play some tough 50/50s.

xern is just a really good pokemon, so generally the way to go is to try and ensure that it gets as few opportunities to do its thing as possible. run hazard setters that don't let it in for free, like ph gigas or mold breaker glare groudon. if you're running giratina, try to make sure xern can't safely switch in and get momentum on it by running things like paralysis or pivoting moves. prioritise offensive threats that aren't always forced out by xern (etern, zama-c, palkia, gigas, ho-oh, etc). consider ways to punish it for spinning: rocky helmet on a xern check and baneful bunker > spiky shield on your passive ph mons are good options.

Has the banlist been updated or a suspect test held?

Why is electrify among other things banned?

Imprison transform, belly drum
Imprison Transform was just really op and annoying bc u cant switch out and have to use struggle.

Electrify can be used for Volt Absorb/ Lightning Rod

Belly drum I honestly dont know why things like clang soul or power herb/ geomancy + stored power are much more OP than Belly drum but IDK

I think its because they changed to Nat Dex ( https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oms-are-moving-to-national-dex.3699929/ )

Imprison Transform was just really op and annoying bc u cant switch out and have to use struggle.

Electrify can be used for Volt Absorb/ Lightning Rod

Belly drum I honestly dont know why things like clang soul or power herb/ geomancy + stored power are much more OP than Belly drum but IDK

I think its because they changed to Nat Dex ( https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oms-are-moving-to-national-dex.3699929/ )
Oh apparently it was just for April fools when even megas were allowed, my bad carry on

Taking all this into Consideration, I have revamped my team 2
https://pokepast.es/c1a3be4daee8830c

Zam has instead been redone with the rusted shield and body press kit, as well as Iron defense and recover. Hopefully this gives him more staying power and more of a chance to Hit others.

I completely revamped KB with the changes you suggested, and added in Wicked blow for fur coat users, just to be safe.

KW did lack stab, so I gave it Frost breath. With Tinted lens, it's essentially a 120 base power STAB critical against Any mon that resist Ice. I kept QD and searing shot, however, And gave it recover for recovery.

Next, I replaced Dusk with Lugia. Lugia has a better typing, better bulk, and faster than Dusk, making it a far better Prankster user. I gave it Haze, recover, and defog, as well as Air slash for a Damage move. This should keep it alive and able to displace hazards

Next, I basically did my Drag set on a Different mon, with marshadow being speedy enough to outspeed most mons, and shift gear guaranteed. Normalize means Imposter cant switch in and damage me, as because they don't have ghost memory, all the attack moves will simply be Normal.

Lastly, I brought in Dusk mane.I have this mon as a bulky No retreat baton pass user with Sunsteel strike and Mirror armor. Heal bell because I can send him in if i face para users.

I hope That helps Get it more, er, even for the course as such
Hi! I have few suggestions on your team:

I love Fur Coat Zamazenta-C, it is able deal with most of the physical attacker. However, the set of yours may suffer a little bit from Imposter, because you will need to switch in Lugia every time they switch in their Imposter, more importantly even Lugia cannot do much to your opponent’s Imposter, so they would simply just click 20 moves and run away after wasting 20pp of yours, which would be really annoying. Maybe you could consider changing Zama-C’s Iron Defense(btw Cotton Guard is the stronger version of Iron Defense) to Anchor Shot, so you can self-IMproof(Imposter-Proof) or either changing Lugia’s Air Slash to Anchor Shot, because Air Slash isn’t doing a lot damage to be honest, so Lugia can now IMproof both itself and Zamazenta more effectively.(But still it is kinda passive so I would prefer Anchor Shot on Zama-C as trapping move actually kinda nice on Zama-C imo).

The second point is that apparently you don’t have any IMproof on your Kyu-B, which Imposter could cause a lot of trouble or even sweep your entire team. As Tea Guzzler mentioned, set up Kyu-B is extremely difficult to IMproof, as unfortunately the current meta has no Pokemon(tbh I am not very sure about that, but I can’t think of any set to improof the MB Kyu-B set lol, maybe Fini but it would still be dangerous if the Kyu-B is +2 or even more) that can IMproof this set. So maybe you could change Precipice Blade to other physical move(for example: Bolt Strike to deal with Tapu Fini) so that Zama-C can IMproof this mon?

I am not sure if Lugia is a good Prankster Pokemon cuz its type is just not good. I think Tapu Fini would just be better? It can cover the weakness of Zama-C like Fire and Fighting.

For Kyu-W, Ice Beam is apparently better than Frost Breath, also both of your attackers are same type? I guess you would like to use another Special attacker with different type in order to have more coverage, such as Eternatus for Fairy, Xerneas which is super strong in this meta.

Normalize Entrainment is amazing in the low to mid ladder(1000-1500elo), but Dragapult would be better than Marshadow as it is faster and outspeed most of the Pokemons.

Sorry but I hate this Necroz-D-M set, it just traps its teammates while you got no pivot for them, No Retreat is not as good as you think. A utility Pokemon would be good for your team like Magic Bounce or Ice Scales to set up hazard (don’t use more than one kind of hazard on the same Pokemon lol). Stealth is recommended since you won’t like your opponent to block your attack with sash lol.

Hi! I have few suggestions on your team:

I love Fur Coat Zamazenta-C, it is able deal with most of the physical attacker. However, the set of yours may suffer a little bit from Imposter, because you will need to switch in Lugia every time they switch in their Imposter, more importantly even Lugia cannot do much to your opponent’s Imposter, so they would simply just click 20 moves and run away after wasting 20pp of yours, which would be really annoying. Maybe you could consider changing Zama-C’s Iron Defense(btw Cotton Guard is the stronger version of Iron Defense) to Anchor Shot, so you can self-IMproof(Imposter-Proof) or either changing Lugia’s Air Slash to Anchor Shot, because Air Slash isn’t doing a lot damage to be honest, so Lugia can now IMproof both itself and Zamazenta more effectively.(But still it is kinda passive so I would prefer Anchor Shot on Zama-C as trapping move actually kinda nice on Zama-C imo).

The second point is that apparently you don’t have any IMproof on your Kyu-B, which Imposter could cause a lot of trouble or even sweep your entire team. As Tea Guzzler mentioned, set up Kyu-B is extremely difficult to IMproof, as unfortunately the current meta has no Pokemon(tbh I am not very sure about that, but I can’t think of any set to improof the MB Kyu-B set lol, maybe Fini but it would still be dangerous if the Kyu-B is +2 or even more) that can IMproof this set. So maybe you could change Precipice Blade to other physical move(for example: Bolt Strike to deal with Tapu Fini) so that Zama-C can IMproof this mon?

I am not sure if Lugia is a good Prankster Pokemon cuz its type is just not good. I think Tapu Fini would just be better? It can cover the weakness of Zama-C like Fire and Fighting.

For Kyu-W, Ice Beam is apparently better than Frost Breath, also both of your attackers are same type? I guess you would like to use another Special attacker with different type in order to have more coverage, such as Eternatus for Fairy, Xerneas which is super strong in this meta.

Normalize Entrainment is amazing in the low to mid ladder(1000-1500elo), but Dragapult would be better than Marshadow as it is faster and outspeed most of the Pokemons.

Sorry but I hate this Necroz-D-M set, it just traps its teammates while you got no pivot for them, No Retreat is not as good as you think. A utility Pokemon would be good for your team like Magic Bounce or Ice Scales to set up hazard (don’t use more than one kind of hazard on the same Pokemon lol). Stealth is recommended since you won’t like your opponent to block your attack with sash lol.
Well, Luckily for you, I have for one, Made a ton more teams since then, and personally got with Tea Guzzler as he revamped and helped me with my original two teams, which are below!

My first team! (And super favorite of mine)
https://pokepast.es/c1e8cee26bf03644
Team two!
https://pokepast.es/840f78bcab2bad48

I won't go TOO into detail with these two, but they're very solid teams that have helped me crawl to 1500 on the ladder. However, then I make new and dumber teams and then fall again

Before I do My in depth analysis, Here's a few of the april fools day teams I came up With. Did you know that while it was active, Miniors shields down didn't fuction right, and even when it becomes shields down, it was immune to status moves. However, If you changed it to another ability, it lost this. I won't go too into detail again, since these teams are now Unviable in gen 8, but I thought I would share anyway.

https://pokepast.es/90b657c6f2fd16f5
Did you know that while huge power was banned, If you mega evolved mawile, she retained it, and bellydrum baton pass was a thing, and she got stab priorty moves like Bullet punch and Shadow sneak and extreme speed? I did. It was a very good day, especially since Mawile is my favorite pokemon of all time. Also, Heartswap is poggers and I wish it existed this gen

Another spin on the above team, with slight different mons:
https://pokepast.es/95236855e582a219

And last, but not least, the team I was nearly unbeatable with:
https://pokepast.es/998036db16ab2466
Instead of being somewhat of a joke team, This team was made with Viability in mind.
Set up any of these mons, and they can run away with the game. Adaptability Dawn? Poggers. Guts regi? Poggers. Ultra Nec? With tinted lens? And moves like photon Geyz, sunsteel strike, AND dragon energy? Yeah, few things live against it

Anyway, I miss you already Heart swap and Mega mawile. Come back to me sooooooon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for my first batch of dumb experimental Teams!

So, first, I made this team with two clear goals. Counter Strength Zap Xern, and also Just critical spam with Xerneus because thats cancer.

https://pokepast.es/4d05075d399fdf27

Necrozma dusk: Switch in for Strength sap abusers. Will one shot said strength sap users. Simple as that. Yeah, theirs still an attack drop, but he served his purpose

Etern: Cancer. Criticals. All day everyday. High damaging moves. Watch people cry. Become stronger from the consumption of their tears. Otherwise, super lame set. But if you can't beat em....

Yveyltal: Look I did say strentgh sap sucks, but who says we aren't allowed to abuse it too?

Zygarde: Second favorite mon. Absolute tank. Can One shot with metal burst, since most people don't expect it. Other than banded Glacial lance and stacked stored power, almost nothing can one shot him, making Metal burst such a good option.

Darm: Uh, Desolate land to counter pesky fishious rend users. High spA so future site and dd for revenge kills later. Searing shot for Fire stab.

Ursh: Beefy boy with beefy stabs and now priorty with drain moves, one of which is stabs.

While not the best, this team was pretty funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next, I present to you a total garbage team:
https://pokepast.es/0a3fc285f6add0af

This team is a joke that works. Sometimes. usually fails. but when it does work, It's hilarious.

Pyuk and diglett are to infuriate Opponets. Copycat prankster with dig dive fly. yah, your gonna be here a while

Otherwise, Mediocre teams with some ideas. However....Gave rise to my infamous absolute wall blissy. more on this later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, this leads me to my next team, which is just six Fat mons sitting in a tub. Like
Ubur fat.
https://pokepast.es/009dd26099a8d60c

Blissy: This thing is a dangerous monster. Furcoat? Why? Blissys defense is terrible! Yeah until you guard share. And then cotten guard. And then your nigh unkillable. Even if they attack, just metal burst, you have enough HP to just...One shot things. Also this thing is imp proof. Because it has 0 attack moves, so even if they switch in to yoink the x4 def, they are just going to sit and look pretty. This thing is terryifying, and I often wonder if god feels this way about his creations too.

Zygarde: As time goes on, I have perfected my poison heal Zygarde. I love this guy. Like blissy, except better bulk. Also cooler. Also badass. Also looks like a mech. And have you seen the anime? It's attacks are WICKED. I adore. Anyway, see above for this zygarde set.

Palia: Standard palkia set, adapt, lust orb, rapid spin, ss, Dragon energy and fish rend. It works. It hits hard

Dusk: Again, to counter strentgh sappers. Youll notice I stick with What I know when Going forward

Zam: This zam was fun. Magic bounce Blocks entrainment users, and hes tanky and fast enough to haze most mons without priority, If a mon is abusing the set up, transform lets you copy and paste. Knock off to remove Items..

Dialga: Ice scales Dialga is so good. DD is so good in this mode. Core enforcer is beefy. Shore up, beefy. Tank among tanks

All in all, super tanky and bulky team, super fun, in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, these two teams are experimental hodgepodges for later varients, nothing notable, aside from funny crab. I won't go in depth.

https://pokepast.es/cf2b35ecbab92cfa
So, this team was messing with Guts Origami boy, as well as, what if the palkia above but Girintina, And Crab. I wish Crab was better. And cooler. It is not

https://pokepast.es/3b52ebe6f07f09e8

Ok, So I made this team with a game in mind called lessons in love, so all the mons were picked out according to The characters temperment. Anyway, while not good, this team does have some decent sets, which would later help in making a better version. Palkia Stan Gira returns, As well as Idea's that would translatre into my next two teams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright alright, as MUCH as I love Zygarde, and Dialga, and Yv, You see them well, everywhere! So I came up with a challenge for myself: Do a 600 or below BST team for BH laddering! If you want to take part, the rules are simple!:
All Pokemon on your team must be BELOW 600 bst. However, you are allowed ONE pokemon with 600 bst. Also, try to NOT use the popular mons, like the regis, or A few of the Tapus. Use mons you would never normally see in BH. Simple as that! Anyway, Lets get into it!

So my First attempt had a few mixed Results, but Ill share anyway!
https://pokepast.es/e3dff2ccb7b1adc7

Zapdos-G: So, over the course of my time on PS, Galar zap has grown on me in ways I didn't know he could. He carried me through gen 8 ou and double OU, and solidified himself as one of my top 10 mons. and so, I made a thing! Behold! BH Zapdos! Fast, Adaptability, Stab Dragon Ascent, No retreat, life orb, drain punch for delicious HP, and U turn to get the F outta there. Definitely was a success I carried over to team 2.

Naga: This thing, holy crap. Serene grace is such an Under utalized ability in BH. Gaurenteed Burns, accuracy drops, G attacks with SpA boost. Yeah. And this thing is fast enough to get these out too. This thing was my favorite experiment. A success. I love it. Anyway

Golio: I love this guy. Alot. But. Idunno, I thought he would be more impactful. Mediocre. I wish someone could make him good. Speed boost works well with obstruct for easy kills with fish rend and leech life. With his impressive attack and def stat, I wonder why this thing doesn't feel as impactful. Not a failure, but not a sucess, either.

Rotom-W: Yeah this thing was NOT a sucess. The loss of levitate Hurts it far more than you expect, and as cool as Parabolic charge is, it doesn't have any oomph. Failure

Klinkklang: SHoulda ran Levitate on him too. Subpar. Failure. Love this funky guy tho

Diance: Cool stab moves with boost, however lack of recovery and speed hurt it. Became the basis for team 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, the team I am climbing the ladders with, taking what I knew from Above, Behold!
https://pokepast.es/6a1c87bbb763e8ac

Naga:
See Above. This thig is so very cool. Gave it sear shot for SpA and 60% burn chance. Hits fast and hard. Accuracy drops galore with Night Daze. Sideshell for high poison chance attack

Garchomp: Remember Diance? Yeah, say hello to its faster version 2. Phyical Serene Grace user. Flinches Galor. Burn and phys move with Sacred fire. Diamond storm for x2 def boost with an attack. Flinch chance with Iron head and Icicle crash

Moltres G: TBH I like it better than the Original. With agility, outspeeds most everything. After getting hit with a SE move, x2 SPCA. Galvanize for Cheeky High powered boomburst. Oblivion wing for self Sustain. Fiery wrath for the best SpA dark move

Arch: Serves to purposes, to one shot mons, and to counter entrainment users. Stab head smash and BB with no recoiling. Ghost memory and multi attack to counter all ghost normalizers. They never see it coming. Shift gear once for harder hits and outspeed non prank mons

Type:Null: NGL, this thing is a fun transforming mon. Cant be Status'd or Entrained do to MB, and snaptrap damages and traps, impris and transform to stall kill. Imprison means no uturn or flipturn. Haze in case someone gets cheeky

Naruto: Lucario Here uh. Was funner than I thought he would be. Criticals all the time, sniper to boost power, Life orb to maximize, stab crit with storm, surge for tankier mons, and wicked blow for tougher mons. Shift gear once to hit harder and outspeed everything

This team is by far the favorite I have made so far. Give it a try! And lemme know if You like it ir have any ideas of your own! Let me know of your below 600 bst Team!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, a rain BH team I made. My hands hurt from typing, so figure it out for yourself. I love you, BH community

https://pokepast.es/a46c96028b3ae890

Well, Luckily for you, I have for one, Made a ton more teams since then, and personally got with Tea Guzzler as he revamped and helped me with my original two teams, which are below!

Team two!

I won't go TOO into detail with these two, but they're very solid teams that have helped me crawl to 1500 on the ladder. However, then I make new and dumber teams and then fall again

Before I do My in depth analysis, Here's a few of the april fools day teams I came up With. Did you know that while it was active, Miniors shields down didn't fuction right, and even when it becomes shields down, it was immune to status moves. However, If you changed it to another ability, it lost this. I won't go too into detail again, since these teams are now Unviable in gen 8, but I thought I would share anyway.

Did you know that while huge power was banned, If you mega evolved mawile, she retained it, and bellydrum baton pass was a thing, and she got stab priorty moves like Bullet punch and Shadow sneak and extreme speed? I did. It was a very good day, especially since Mawile is my favorite pokemon of all time. Also, Heartswap is poggers and I wish it existed this gen

Instead of being somewhat of a joke team, This team was made with Viability in mind.
Set up any of these mons, and they can run away with the game. Adaptability Dawn? Poggers. Guts regi? Poggers. Ultra Nec? With tinted lens? And moves like photon Geyz, sunsteel strike, AND dragon energy? Yeah, few things live against it

Anyway, I miss you already Heart swap and Mega mawile. Come back to me sooooooon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, first, I made this team with two clear goals. Counter Strength Zap Xern, and also Just critical spam with Xerneus because thats cancer.

Necrozma dusk: Switch in for Strength sap abusers. Will one shot said strength sap users. Simple as that. Yeah, theirs still an attack drop, but he served his purpose

Etern: Cancer. Criticals. All day everyday. High damaging moves. Watch people cry. Become stronger from the consumption of their tears. Otherwise, super lame set. But if you can't beat em....

Yveyltal: Look I did say strentgh sap sucks, but who says we aren't allowed to abuse it too?

Zygarde: Second favorite mon. Absolute tank. Can One shot with metal burst, since most people don't expect it. Other than banded Glacial lance and stacked stored power, almost nothing can one shot him, making Metal burst such a good option.

Darm: Uh, Desolate land to counter pesky fishious rend users. High spA so future site and dd for revenge kills later. Searing shot for Fire stab.

Ursh: Beefy boy with beefy stabs and now priorty with drain moves, one of which is stabs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team is a joke that works. Sometimes. usually fails. but when it does work, It's hilarious.

Pyuk and diglett are to infuriate Opponets. Copycat prankster with dig dive fly. yah, your gonna be here a while

Otherwise, Mediocre teams with some ideas. However....Gave rise to my infamous absolute wall blissy. more on this later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, this leads me to my next team, which is just six Fat mons sitting in a tub. Like
Ubur fat.

Blissy: This thing is a dangerous monster. Furcoat? Why? Blissys defense is terrible! Yeah until you guard share. And then cotten guard. And then your nigh unkillable. Even if they attack, just metal burst, you have enough HP to just...One shot things. Also this thing is imp proof. Because it has 0 attack moves, so even if they switch in to yoink the x4 def, they are just going to sit and look pretty. This thing is terryifying, and I often wonder if god feels this way about his creations too.

Zygarde: As time goes on, I have perfected my poison heal Zygarde. I love this guy. Like blissy, except better bulk. Also cooler. Also badass. Also looks like a mech. And have you seen the anime? It's attacks are WICKED. I adore. Anyway, see above for this zygarde set.

Palia: Standard palkia set, adapt, lust orb, rapid spin, ss, Dragon energy and fish rend. It works. It hits hard

Dusk: Again, to counter strentgh sappers. Youll notice I stick with What I know when Going forward

Zam: This zam was fun. Magic bounce Blocks entrainment users, and hes tanky and fast enough to haze most mons without priority, If a mon is abusing the set up, transform lets you copy and paste. Knock off to remove Items..

Dialga: Ice scales Dialga is so good. DD is so good in this mode. Core enforcer is beefy. Shore up, beefy. Tank among tanks

Ok, these two teams are experimental hodgepodges for later varients, nothing notable, aside from funny crab. I won't go in depth.

So, this team was messing with Guts Origami boy, as well as, what if the palkia above but Girintina, And Crab. I wish Crab was better. And cooler. It is not

Ok, So I made this team with a game in mind called lessons in love, so all the mons were picked out according to The characters temperment. Anyway, while not good, this team does have some decent sets, which would later help in making a better version. Palkia Stan Gira returns, As well as Idea's that would translatre into my next two teams.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright alright, as MUCH as I love Zygarde, and Dialga, and Yv, You see them well, everywhere! So I came up with a challenge for myself: Do a 600 or below BST team for BH laddering! If you want to take part, the rules are simple!:
All Pokemon on your team must be BELOW 600 bst. However, you are allowed ONE pokemon with 600 bst. Also, try to NOT use the popular mons, like the regis, or A few of the Tapus. Use mons you would never normally see in BH. Simple as that! Anyway, Lets get into it!

Zapdos-G: So, over the course of my time on PS, Galar zap has grown on me in ways I didn't know he could. He carried me through gen 8 ou and double OU, and solidified himself as one of my top 10 mons. and so, I made a thing! Behold! BH Zapdos! Fast, Adaptability, Stab Dragon Ascent, No retreat, life orb, drain punch for delicious HP, and U turn to get the F outta there. Definitely was a success I carried over to team 2.

Naga: This thing, holy crap. Serene grace is such an Under utalized ability in BH. Gaurenteed Burns, accuracy drops, G attacks with SpA boost. Yeah. And this thing is fast enough to get these out too. This thing was my favorite experiment. A success. I love it. Anyway

Golio: I love this guy. Alot. But. Idunno, I thought he would be more impactful. Mediocre. I wish someone could make him good. Speed boost works well with obstruct for easy kills with fish rend and leech life. With his impressive attack and def stat, I wonder why this thing doesn't feel as impactful. Not a failure, but not a sucess, either.

Rotom-W: Yeah this thing was NOT a sucess. The loss of levitate Hurts it far more than you expect, and as cool as Parabolic charge is, it doesn't have any oomph. Failure

Klinkklang: SHoulda ran Levitate on him too. Subpar. Failure. Love this funky guy tho

Diance: Cool stab moves with boost, however lack of recovery and speed hurt it. Became the basis for team 2.

And now, the team I am climbing the ladders with, taking what I knew from Above, Behold!

Naga:
See Above. This thig is so very cool. Gave it sear shot for SpA and 60% burn chance. Hits fast and hard. Accuracy drops galore with Night Daze. Sideshell for high poison chance attack

Garchomp: Remember Diance? Yeah, say hello to its faster version 2. Phyical Serene Grace user. Flinches Galor. Burn and phys move with Sacred fire. Diamond storm for x2 def boost with an attack. Flinch chance with Iron head and Icicle crash

Moltres G: TBH I like it better than the Original. With agility, outspeeds most everything. After getting hit with a SE move, x2 SPCA. Galvanize for Cheeky High powered boomburst. Oblivion wing for self Sustain. Fiery wrath for the best SpA dark move

Arch: Serves to purposes, to one shot mons, and to counter entrainment users. Stab head smash and BB with no recoiling. Ghost memory and multi attack to counter all ghost normalizers. They never see it coming. Shift gear once for harder hits and outspeed non prank mons

Type:Null: NGL, this thing is a fun transforming mon. Cant be Status'd or Entrained do to MB, and snaptrap damages and traps, impris and transform to stall kill. Imprison means no uturn or flipturn. Haze in case someone gets cheeky

Naruto: Lucario Here uh. Was funner than I thought he would be. Criticals all the time, sniper to boost power, Life orb to maximize, stab crit with storm, surge for tankier mons, and wicked blow for tougher mons. Shift gear once to hit harder and outspeed everything

This team is by far the favorite I have made so far. Give it a try! And lemme know if You like it ir have any ideas of your own! Let me know of your below 600 bst Team!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, a rain BH team I made. My hands hurt from typing, so figure it out for yourself. I love you, BH community

After laddering for a bit, with sucess, I fell on a heavy loss streak due to Dragon energy Eturn. Yeah. Hate that guy. So, uh with that in mind, here is the new team

https://pokepast.es/e8f0217edb566835

So yah, Silv helps mitigate his damage output, since photon and core enforcer should help with mitigating the helth, and I outspeed, and I can survive two hits from a poison move

Tea Guzzler

Team two!

Ubur fat.

Naga:

not necessarily critiquing the teams as much, but thought i'd point out some notes/mechanics that affect some of these sets:
  • scope lens and super luck get you +1 crit rate each, focus energy given you +2 crit rate, +3 crit rate means you will always crit unless the enemy for some reason is running anti-crit things such as lucky chant (do not use anti-crit, ever). having all 3 on the same set is redundant as being at +4 crit rate is the same as +3 (so, basically, super luck is redundant, run sniper)
  • special triage mons want nasty plot. the speed boosts are basically pointless and the spdef boosts don't mean much when you're not self-improofing regardless of the boosting move. plot immediately presses the enemy for an answer due to you having significant killing power, qd doesn't really.
  • fur coat doesn't increase body press damage. cotton guard on a fur coat mon is probably overkill, you'd get more mileage out of something like anchor shot, knock off or the like (note that with cotton guard, you can lose speed ties against imposter and potentially get 1v1d if you lose too many)
  • liquid ooze is a funny one. on the one hand your only purpose is to beat sap and bounce mons, but on the other hand it does that really well, but also bounce does that too and you get the sap healing. regardless, setup on a sap mon is a bit counterproductive as most mons that run sap won't sit in front of a boosting dusk mane, and you also bring in prankster mons which don't care about your ability. something that can make more gradual progress is probably better, such as a spikes ooze mon, since you exploit the fear of mons that don't want to get anchor trapped whilst also punishing any magic bounce users looking to stop your spikes going up.
  • don't run prankster sap. if the enemy has a dark type, they block your healing completely (prankster-boosted moves fail against dark types as of gen 7). any prankster mons also want recovery that's beyond leftovers, without exception (even prankster imprisonform sets use recover in the 4th slot)
  • triage has +3 priority, extreme speed has +2, prankster has +1. thus, prankster can only improof triage if you at least resist every hit.
  • serene grace is not very good. flinch hax is not reliable as a wincon with double iron bash banned, and anything else can just be done better by no guard which not only lets you use 100% status moves (zap cannon, inferno) but also gives you 100% accurate blizzards and focus blasts. using grace for freeze is never working well either, and poison is easily inflicted by toxic or poison fang (or even sludge bomb tbh).
  • you can't transform into a transformed mon. thus, imprisonform as an improof is not going to do anything meaningful.
  • the mon you choose for the imposter does actually matter. the HP stat and item are carried over (includes eviolite), and as discussed above, you can't transform into a transformed mon - so, if you were to send out your imposter chansey into enemy imposter, you've basically just sent out a regular chansey. give imposter an actual moveset for this reason, such as a defence boosting nature, healing/pivoting, trapping, aromatherapy, nuzzle, whatever is needed. note that, because you don't transform, you can actually use the untransformed imposter as an improof to something else (provided, again, you give it an actual set).
  • casting doom desire or future sight as imposter, then switching, will use the imposter mon's sp.atk instead of the sp.atk of the mon you used the move as (and also removes STAB if you had it when transformed but don't when the attack hits). showdown tends to default to minimum sp.atk (on imp chansey at least), change this to neutral nature / 252 EVs / 31 IVs and probably minimize your attack / use an attack decreasing nature instead.
  • sheer force and magic guard give you life orb's damage increase but not the recoil. as such, life orb is almost always the best item on sheer force / magic guard sets.
  • weather's REALLY inconsistent (as in the whole playstyle is basically a matchup fish). however, i'd probably say you want more than palkia as rain abusers, and probably only 1 rain setter (multiple setters clogs team slots for no reason). funny fish (barraskewda) is synonymous with rain because of STAB fishious rend and a high speed stat, choice band barra with either tinted lens or adaptability works for rain. just note that often with rain, because water damage is up, a resist probably isn't enough for an improof. also, rend in rain is basically the only move you'll ever need on anything offensive other than palkia.
  • speaking of weather, if your weather gets interrupted by something like desolate land, it disappears completely and must be reset whilst the desolate land mon isn't on the field (ie. if something with primordial sea hits the field whilst rain is up, and then leaves, the original rain doesn't come back.)
  • guts is just a bit ehhh. life orb + adaptability or tough claws (where applicable) gives a higher overall damage increase, which can also be said for expert belt / one-type-boosting items (eg. mystic water or pixie plate) or choice band. the only exception is facade, which you can only really run on guts regigigas.
hope these give a bit of guidance with game mechanics. bulbapedia and serebii can give you exact details on how any given item, ability or move works if you're unsure, and as for if something is good or not, the OM discord here has a BH channel where you can ask questions about sets or BH gameplay (cityscapes also made a list of BH-specific interactions, which can be found in this post).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)