BH Balanced Hackmons

Henlo guys, I made up my own BH team.
I wanted to try some new things and moves. I welcome any criticism on this!

https://pokepast.es/e83d098d5b450aa0

ocean man (Tapu Fini) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Parting Shot
- Baneful Bunker
- Worry Seed

The obligatory PH Tapu Fini. The great typing offers me a variety of resistances against the meta (Glance, Frend, Vcreate etc.). PH gives me longevity. First 3 moves are self-explanatory I guess, the 4th one is interesting. I chose Worry Seed over CEnforcer to counter opposing PH Tapu Finis.

why you bully me (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Infestation
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Poison Fang

Interesting set, Onyx inspired me here. I loved the idea of Trapping ZCrowned with Poison Fang so I wanted to do it aswell. Although I chose Infestation over Anchor Shot, just for that little extra damage every round. The name is obviously what the enemy thinks when I trapped something with it :) Also its my special wall.

fatty (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

My fatty is also something mandatory in the current meta. FC Tina is just too good to not use it. Although I admit, mine is a little passive. Taunt shuts down many teams in the current meta and Rapid Spin helps with hazards.

type normal lol (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

Another mon which is inspired by Onyx, I love this guy and his sets :) Prankster Haze because setup sweepers can screw everything up. If the enemy has Obstagoon with Power Trip, just forfeit and cry. Glare is to hinder non-PH setuppers in the process.

plz no fur coat (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts
- Glacial Lance
- V-create

This is my main breaker. It hits like a truck and obliterates anything without FC, thats why I chose this nice name. TAxel and DDarts get boosted through Tech and break holes in enemy´s defenses. Glance and Vcreate just for coverage.

dragonass (Palkia) @ Toxic Orb
Rash Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

This is my setup-sweeper / Lategame-cleaner. PH Palkia is very annoying because its bulky as hell and hard to whittle down. I chose CSoul over other boostin moves because I really like the idea of making it not only hit harder, but also make it tankier. Rend and DEnergy for the big damage and Obstruct to punish Spectral Thief users. Their defense halves and Frend does massive damage in the following turn.

Last edited:

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Parting Shot
- Baneful Bunker
- Worry Seed

The obligatory PH Tapu Fini. The great typing offers me a variety of resistances against the meta (Glance, Frend, Vcreate etc.). PH gives me longevity. First 3 moves are self-explanatory I guess, the 4th one is interesting. I chose Worry Seed over CEnforcer to counter opposing PH Tapu Finis.

Careful Nature
- Infestation
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Poison Fang

Interesting set, Onyx inspired me here. I loved the idea of Trapping ZCrowned with Poison Fang so I wanted to do it aswell. Although I chose Infestation over Anchor Shot, just for that little extra damage every round. The name is obviously what the enemy thinks when I trapped something with it :) Also its my special wall.

Bold Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

My fatty is also something mandatory in the current meta. FC Tina is just too good to not use it. Although I admit, mine is a little passive. Taunt shuts down many teams in the current meta and Rapid Spin helps with hazards.

Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

Another mon which is inspired by Onyx, I love this guy and his sets :) Prankster Haze because setup sweepers can screw everything up. If the enemy has Obstagoon with Power Trip, just forfeit and cry. Glare is to hinder non-PH setuppers in the process.

Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts
- Glacial Lance
- V-create

This is my main breaker. It hits like a truck and obliterates anything without FC, thats why I chose this nice name. TAxel and DDarts get boosted through Tech and break holes in enemy´s defenses. Glance and Vcreate just for coverage.

Rash Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

This is my setup-sweeper / Lategame-cleaner. PH Palkia is very annoying because its bulky as hell and hard to whittle down. I chose CSoul over other boostin moves because I really like the idea of making it not only hit harder, but also make it tankier. Rend and DEnergy for the big damage and Obstruct to punish Spectral Thief users. Their defense halves and Frend does massive damage in the following turn.
Hey, nice to see that you like the Kyurem-B I posted! Just saying that Glance+Traxel is really redundant so you might want to remove Glance for Bonemerang (which is also boosted by Technician) to not get walled by Flash Fire Steels and to hit Dialga. Using Trick over V-Create is also a good option (like Champion Leon said) to deal with walls that you might have trouble with on a predicted switchin.

Hey, nice to see that you like the Kyurem-B I posted! Just saying that Glance+Traxel is really redundant so you might want to remove Glance for Bonemerang (which is also boosted by Technician) to not get walled by Flash Fire Steels and to hit Dialga. Using Trick over V-Create is also a good option (like Champion Leon said) to deal with walls that you might have trouble with on a predicted switchin.
Thanks for the heads up, I will change the things you suggested. And yes, I really like the Kyurem Set, although I think, that Kartana is better. It destroys me on the ladder right now since its faster and hits harder.

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Parting Shot
- Baneful Bunker - - Spiky Sheild
- Worry Seed

Careful Nature
- Infestation
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Poison Fang

Bold Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts
- Glacial Lance
- V-create

Rash Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Parting Shot - - > Flip Turn
- Baneful Bunker - - Spiky Shield
- Worry Seed - - > Core Enforcer

One of the main selling points of Poison Heal sets is their ability to be self Improofed however in running Worry Seed you lose that. Minimum Speed Core Enforcer deals with most Poison Heal Pokemon except for Fairy Types which allows you to keep that important feature while still being Chansey-Proof. I would also change Parting Shot with Flip Turn since Tapu Fini gets the STAB bonus on the move and so Magic Bounce Pokemon can't stop you from getting momentum. Baneful Bunker should also be changed out to Spiky Shield so that way an Imposter that copies Palkia won't get poisoned by Tapu Fini.

Careful Nature
- Infestation - - > Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
- U-turn - - >Entrainment
- Poison Fang

With the Zamzenta set it's usually best to use Anchor shot because it reduces passivity and permanently traps foes instead of temporally like Infestation. Entrainment should allow you to more reliably deal with Poison Heal Fairy Types as you can just trap them with Zamazenta remove their ability and kill them with their own Poison.

fatty (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Bold Nature
- Taunt - -> Core Enforcer
- Teleport
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

Core Enforcer is really Important here since the most common Ghost Type/Spin-Blocker is Giratina. In this case you'll also probably want the Griseous Orb to make Giratina hit opposing Giratinas harder.

Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

This set looks very solid. No suggestions here.

plz no fur coat (Kyurem-Black) Choice Band - - > Wide Lense
Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts
- V - Create - - > Bonemerang
- Glacial Lance - - > Shift Gear

With Technician Triple Axel is essentially 180 bp and Bonemerang is 140 bp. To beat most non Fur Coat pokemon you won't likely need the Choice Band. Instead I recommend Wide Lense to guarantee your Technician boosted moves hit. Shift Gear could also be useful if you ever find a chance to set-up.

Rash Nature
- Clangorous Soul - - > Glare
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

For Palkia I don't recommend Clangorous Soul because it requires HP to use and has low pp. Instead something like Glare would more suit the needs of your team since it can slow down foes for Kyurem to hit later in the game.

Last edited:
Relaxed Nature
- Scald

One of the main selling points of Poison Heal sets is their ability to be self Improofed however in running Worry Seed you lose that. Minimum Speed Core Enforcer deals with most Poison Heal Pokemon except for Fairy Types which allows you to keep that important feature while still being Chansey-Proof. I would also change Parting Shot with Flip Turn since Tapu Fini gets the STAB bonus on the move and so Magic Bounce Pokemon can't stop you from getting momentum. Baneful Bunker should also be changed out to Spiky Shield so that way an Imposter that copies Palkia won't get poisoned by Tapu Fini.

Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang

With the Zamzenta set it's usually best to use Anchor shot because it reduces passivity and permanently traps foes instead of temporally like Infestation. Entrainment should allow you to more reliably deal with Poison Heal Fairy Types as you can just trap them with Zamazenta remove their ability and kill them with their own Poison.

Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

Core Enforcer is really Important here since the most common Ghost Type/Spin-Blocker is Giratina. In this case you'll also probably want the Griseous Orb to make Giratina hit opposing Giratinas harder.

Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts

With Technician Triple Axel is essentially 180 bp and Bonemerang is 140 bp. To beat most non Fur Coat pokemon you won't likely need the Choice Band. Instead I recommend Wide Lense to guarantee your Technician boosted moves hit. Shift Gear could also be useful if you ever find a chance to set-up.

Rash Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

For Palkia I don't recommend Clangorous Soul because it requires HP to use and has low pp. Instead something like Glare would more suit the needs of your team since it can slow down foes for Kyurem to hit later in the game.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm trying those. However, I found more success using Kartana over Kyurem Black.

origami killer (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Shift Gear
- Fishious Rend

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm trying those. However, I found more success using Kartana over Kyurem Black.

origami killer (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Shift Gear
- Fishious Rend
Yeah. No problem. That's what this thread is for.

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...

Giratina @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Parting Shot
- Trick/Lunar Dance
- Final Gambit/Lunar Dance

This unusual Giratina offers great oppurtinities to properly analyze the opponent's team before denting one or two major holes on whatever wall you can't break. With a scarf and +speed nature, Giratina outspeeds zacian-C and pheromosa leaving only regielki that outspeeds you naturaly. Since Giratina in near impossible to ohko, you can come in on a plethora of offensive threats, use parting shot before the opponent sends out his second move, which will reduce the power of the move making it easier to wall and heal giratina from the first hit. While this does not accomplish much in itself, it can be spammed pretty safely early game to scout your opponent's team and discover which sets will give you trouble. When you're ready, you can use trick instead of parting shot to cripple a wall or set up sweeper that annoys you or simply kill it off with final gambit. In an ideal world, you can cripple 2 pokemons, one with trick (prioritise trick on opposing giratina which can't be killed by this set but unforntunately often runs griseous orb) and one with final gambit. You still outspeed a siginficant portion of the tier to kill off with FG without scarf since 90, 95, 99 and 100 speed usualy don't run +spe nature.

What makes this set so cool is that final gambit users are usualy only useable early-game because the power significantly reduces once you've taken a hit. Using regenerator on a super tank like giratina (which can't be trapped) let's you choose more precisely what you want to take down with you instead of suicide bombing whatever faces you first. The ability to scout and weaken wallbreakers gives a purpose to giratina when you're not ready to SD.

Spectral thief is the best stab to make sure your opponent doesn't just set up instead of attempting to wallbreak and also hits ghosts that are immune to final gambit. Spectral thief also deals somewhat decent damage to Zacian-C who doesn't expect to be outsped and will hit weaker after losing it's +1. Lunar Dance can be subbed in to give a second option if your opponent keeps giratina low health with hazards or super effective moves, but I believe it's an inferior option.

You'll want to pair this set with other walls that can tank hits after parting shot and cover giratina's weaknesses such as the kyurems, chlorophyll Reshiram and SS palkia. Tapu-Fini is an obvious candidate. One of the largest problems with this set is that it's usualy useless against imposter chansey and is very hard to improof since her FG hits even harder. Her lack of scarf however can make it easier to damage her before she uses FG.

This set can also be used on zygarde for added power to FG, but Zygarde is easier to ohko (ice), doesn't stab spectral thief, can't escape if trapped in something other than parting shot and doesn't outspeed palkia, xerneas and yveltal after trick.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I have built a rain team for BH, which I also used to get my reqs for the last suspect test. What do you think of it, any criticism or suggestions? :)
https://pokepast.es/1e0217754843ffdc

Mehrune's Razor (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Spectral Thief

A physical wall, nothing breaks it, not even powerful v-creates thanks to rain. Baton Pass for pivoting and to pass stat boosts to Kyruem and Palkia.

Tullius (Zamazenta-Crowned) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Teleport
- Corrosive Gas

Rain setter, slow pivot to bring my sweepers in, and checks normalize. Taunt can help against opposing set-up, baton pass and hazards.

Konahrik (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Water Spout
- Fishious Rend
- Strength Sap

The wallbreaker. Almost nothing can tank its rain-boosted Water Spout, except for an imposter that switches in, some Ice Scales mons and Water Absorb users. Fishious Rend kills any Ice Scales mon that thinks it can check this, and Strength Sap gives it great longevity.

Alduin (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Glacial Lance
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Darts
- Swords Dance

Outspeeds even Regieleki in rain and hits very hard, even without needing to set up a swords dance. However, some Fur Coat users can be quite annoying, Tapu Fini should at least be 2HKOed by Fishious Rend after a SD.

Dwarven Sphere (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flip Turn
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle
- Circle Throw / Rapid Spin?

My main switchin vs special attackers. Nuzzling faster mons means Palkia has an easier time breaking through the opposing team, Circle Throw can get rid of annoying normal-typed set-up mons. I am considering Rapid Spin, but Giratina and co. will spinblock Magearna hard...

Nazeem (Cramorant-Gorging) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gulp Missile
Modest Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Flip Turn
- Defog / Endcure?
- Roost

And finally, basicially the most important mon of that team. Cramorant improofs both breakers by paralyzing the imposter, can act as an emergency stop against an opposing sweeper that got out of hand and even can revenge-kill opposing mons on very low health with Water Shuriken. I am considering switching Defog for Endure, but Defog has been useful when the opponent got a few hazards too much on my side. I went with a Focus Sash, so that I can at least get two uses of Gulp Missile in most games.

So much BH Stall, so little time.

Stall Buster (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb / Flame Orb
Ability: Poison Heal / Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Shift Gear
- Glacial Lance / Spectral Thief
- Extreme Speed / Fishious Rend / Substitute

With gargantuan Attack, serviceable Speed, and high enough bulk to outlast passive opponents, Regigigas has just about everything it needs to be an absolutely ruthless stall breaker. Its raw power of its boosted Facades combined with the inability to be dealt with by Spectral Thief taking away its Shift Gear boosts and general resistance to Imposter means Regigigas can be one of Stall's worst nightmares to deal with. Glacial Lance lets Regigigas deal with both Zygarde-C and Giratina, two Stall staples, at the same time, easily threatening a KO after a boost. Spectral Thief can also be used instead to deal with Giratina and grant the ability to take away boosting attempts and invalidate Ghost type walls like Aegislash or Substitute stalling, but only if you have no real fear of Zygarde-C. Extreme Speed gives Regigigas a strong STAB priority tool that lets it have an easier time succeeding against faster and more aggressive team compilations other than just generic stall teams. Fishious Rend is an incredibly reliable neutral coverage tool that lets you 2HKO Zamazenta-C after a Shift Gear boost. Finally, Substitute is an excellent option to wall out the stall teams that focus on passive play to win in the long run while protecting Regigigas from incoming revenge kill attempts.

There are some other move choices to take into consideration. Spiky Shield helps you set up your status orbs and restore more health off Poison Heal, but it sacrifices some precious utility to run this move that you frankly shouldn't need against a stall team. Swords Dance can be used over Shift Gear for a bigger power boost if you don't need the additional speed boost, but it makes you more prone to Zamazenta and other relevant meta threats that would outspeed you. Knock Off is always useful for removing Eviolites and Leftovers, as well as pressuring Ghosts and threatening blind switch-ins with removing their item. Sunsteel Strike or Photon Geyser lets Regigigas pierce through Unaware and Fur Coat, which is always a good trait to have against hardcore stall teams. Earthquake, Pyro Ball, Thousand Arrows, Bonemerang, and Precipice Blades are all strong coverage options to eliminate Steel types with difference variance in utility applications, but it only really makes a difference against Dialga, as most other Steel types would either have a hard time threatening you a majority of the time anyway or be dealt with using the suggested moves to begin with.

Adamant is preferred for the immediate power jump, as there aren't many other threats that are worth swapping the power boost over for speed, especially against stall teams. The choice in item and ability depends on how you want to play with Regigigas: Toxic Orb and Poison Heal is the more common choice that lets you outlast opponents that can't deal enough damage to it in time, but Flame Orb and Guts goes for an "all in" aspect by granting immediate wallbreaking power over longevity. Also, remember to make your HP EVs 248 if you're using Substitute so your HP stat isn't divisible by 4.

Hey guys!

I have built a rain team for BH, which I also used to get my reqs for the last suspect test. What do you think of it, any criticism or suggestions? :)
https://pokepast.es/1e0217754843ffdc

Mehrune's Razor (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- Spectral Thief

Calm Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Teleport
- Corrosive Gas

Rain setter, slow pivot to bring my sweepers in, and checks normalize. Taunt can help against opposing set-up, baton pass and hazards.

Konahrik (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Water Spout
- Fishious Rend
- Strength Sap

The wallbreaker. Almost nothing can tank its rain-boosted Water Spout, except for an imposter that switches in, some Ice Scales mons and Water Absorb users. Fishious Rend kills any Ice Scales mon that thinks it can check this, and Strength Sap gives it great longevity.

Alduin (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Glacial Lance
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Darts
- Swords Dance

Outspeeds even Regieleki in rain and hits very hard, even without needing to set up a swords dance. However, some Fur Coat users can be quite annoying, Tapu Fini should at least be 2HKOed by Fishious Rend after a SD.

Sassy Nature
- Flip Turn
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle
- Circle Throw / Rapid Spin?

My main switchin vs special attackers. Nuzzling faster mons means Palkia has an easier time breaking through the opposing team, Circle Throw can get rid of annoying normal-typed set-up mons. I am considering Rapid Spin, but Giratina and co. will spinblock Magearna hard...

Modest Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Flip Turn
- Defog / Endcure?
- Roost

And finally, basicially the most important mon of that team. Cramorant improofs both breakers by paralyzing the imposter, can act as an emergency stop against an opposing sweeper that got out of hand and even can revenge-kill opposing mons on very low health with Water Shuriken. I am considering switching Defog for Endure, but Defog has been useful when the opponent got a few hazards too much on my side. I went with a Focus Sash, so that I can at least get two uses of Gulp Missile in most games.
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Taunt - -> Defog
- Teleport
- Corrosive Gas - -> Thunderous Kick

Corrosive Gas here is counterproductive, instead I think having a reliable way to remove hazards would be very useful. Thuderous Kick makes Zamzenta less passive which is something you may want for your team.

Sassy Nature
- Flip Turn
- Spectral Thief
- Nuzzle
- Circle Throw / Rapid Spin? - - > Moonblast

Moonblast helps make Magearna less passive and deal with Dragons better so I think that would suit the last slot.

Modest Nature - -> Adamant
- Water Shuriken - - > Fishious Rend
- Flip Turn
- Defog - - > Taunt
- Roost

Fishious Rend has 170 bp which means Cramorant can still hit hard in Rain even with is less than stellar attack stat. Taunt could also be put here as Baton Pass is less common than hazards and forcing opponents into direct attacks helps Cramorant do it's job.

Other than that your team looks pretty solid.

Sweet Jesus

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Drain Punch
- Glacial Lance
- Belly Drum/Swords Dance

Not sure if this set is the norm yet, but it's probably one of if not the hardest sweeper to stop in the tier. Triage grants you priority over everything even extremespeed and horn leech+Drain Punch OHKO's everything faster except eternatus and lugia, even Zacian-c dies 100% of the time to adamant +6 LO drain punch and dragapult dies 100% of the time to horn leech. The best ways to stop this guy is with a prankster user that resists both draining moves or with imposter. Even things like prankster haze giratina don't really counter it since Glacial Lance + LO deals well over 50% unboosted. In fact even unboosted this set isn't that easy to check because it's attack stat and coverage are so great. This leads to easy set up oppurtimities by forcing a switch while unboosted. Belly drum and Life orb is a very volatil combination, but with karatana's great defensive typing, decent physical def and 2 priority draining moves, you shouldn't die of recoil if used properly.
Although this set is insanely powerul, it comes with 2 major downsides which are imposter coupled with the fact you're probably setting up only once. Kartana's great defense and terrible hp makes it an ideal mon to copy with imposter. Because of this, you can't even ohko imposter chansey with drain punch even if you win the speed tie. To make things worst, this thing is near impossible to improof with another mon. Doublade or unaware aegislash are probably your safest bet if you absolutely want to switch-in. However, since you're probably setting up only once, you might as well just let kartana die to chansey which gives you a greater range of improof checks to choose from when building.

Last edited:
Doublade is a hard counter to that set. If you belly drum on the switch to Doublade, that happens:

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Kartana Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Doublade: 177-209 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And doublade OHKOs back with Spectral Thief.

If Doublade has Fur Coat, it can even switch into +6 Kartana and still counter it:

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Kartana Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Fur Coat Doublade: 88-105 (27.3 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Onyx Onix 7 thank you for your suggestions, I will try them out!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Relaxed Nature
- Scald

Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang

Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up

Impish Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Flip Turn
- Glare

Adamant Nature
- Triple Axel
- Dragon Darts

Rash Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Energy
- Obstruct

blackster0915 Hey, here is my advice to consider in addition to, or instead of Onyx Onix 7

I suggested that Kyurem-B Wide Lens set a long time ago. Glad to see how it inspired you guys both!

I think the original Tapu-Fini set he listed that was inspired by me is actually quite fine.

Worry Seed works on the switch in, which can be a huge boon vs Core Enforcer, as it could be a Pokémon that forces out Tapu Fini and isn’t something you want to keep its ability (like Kartana), and Flip Turn can backfire if the foe uses Strength Sap as you would likely have made its nature - Speed and potentially increased the Atk IVs and EVs.

Also, you want to keep Parting Shot to specifically force out Magic Bounce users that try to switch in, (letting it rack up Hazards damage and serving as a better escape if they Anchor Shot), and to avoid losing momentum from the foe being able to use a Protect move.

Other factors like Rocky Helmet (you won’t heal if you switch), and not lowering your foe’s Offenses can come back to haunt you since your goal is to make the pivot as safe for your teammate as possible.

Flip Turn rarely deals enough damage to matter, and Scald is enough if you really need to hit with STAB. And if the foe has Desolate Land, Water Absorb, etc. they could still trap you, and / or at least force you to lose momentum by a manual switch.

I would say I prefer the original one, but I could see why Core Enforcer is more helpful, I.e. if Tapu-Fini is your last Pokémon, Imposter cannot defeat you. But let’s remember, that if Specs or Metronome Boomburst Xerneas comes in, 1/2 his team is weak it, and Worry Seed is definitely a necessary deterrent.

As for Baneful Bunker, I think it has helped me too many times to count. It can punish Rapid Spinners, U-Turners, and saved me in many games where I knew the sweeper that broke past my wall just needs more consistent chip to faint, and Poison brings that. At the very least you could switch out Tapu and send it back in to stall for Protect, or if it has Magic Bounce, you can force it out after you Poison it, which stacks with Hazards.

Without Flip Turn, Imposter won’t be able to trigger it off of your Tapu-Fini, and if they Imposter another Pokémon like Zamazenta-C it won’t get poisoned, you could upgrade Flip Turn on Type: Null to Teleport to keep your pivots safe, and now Imposter cannot benefit from Baneful Bunker.

Also, why Rapid Spin? I didn’t see any hazard setters on the team; give Giratina Defog / Court Change instead, and then Imposter cannot trigger Baneful Bunker off of it either.

So Tapu, Zamazenta, Type: Null, Giratina all won’t use a contact move in their ideal sets, making it hard for Imposter to take advantage of it later if it were hit with Baneful Bunker.

All in all, good advice, and to a degree I like Core, but I feel Parting Shot and Baneful Bunker have their place as well. For this team, I would say he may need a new Steel, but he definitely needs to have a lower -Spe Nature on Tapu-Fini for the safe pivot, and if he uses Core Enforcer, to underspeed more foe’s to remove their Abilities.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Sweet Jesus

Just wanted to share some thoughts that not everyone always considers when building:

-Since imprison is quite common (and usualy followed by transform), you want to diversify your healing and pivot moves so that you don't end up switching before transform and still be unable to wall your own mon because you can't switch or heal.

-The huge amount of offensive threats in the tier means you need to prepare to a plethora of sweepers without lacking offensive power yourself. Heavy bulk + spectral thief, prankster (+ haze or Dbond), imposter, hazing, unaware, magic guard + sash and cramorant are all good ways to stop a sweeper, but none covers everything. You should always have at least 2 of these options per team.

-Imo the hardest mons to wall are poison heal regigigas, SS mixed palkia, Chloro mixed reshiram, dragon maw + specs + dragon energy, zacian-C, all the -ate abilities + boomburst and espeed, technician multi-hit kyurem-B, belly drum + priority/unburden and stored power/power trip + simple sweepers. When you've finished building your team, you should check how you counter everyone of these mons, and on which of your pokemon can they set up. Play the situations in your head to see if you have an adequate response to every one and if your counter requires you to predict the set up move. You can't hardcounter every threat without going full stall, but if you've Identified which threats require you to predict the set up move, you'll know which mons to play more safely against.

-If you tend to build too stally teams that lack offensive power like me, count how many offensive mons you have and count all the different types of your offensive moves. Many mons with a move from the same type and different coverage can be good to put pressure on things that wall that type, but it becomes a lot less good if your mons carry the same coverage types. Fur coat, ice scales and assault vest can be found on any mon, but when it comes to immunity abilities, flash fire magearna, aegislash and ferrothorn and volt absorb tapu-fini and ho-oh all pack a plethora of resistances with very few weaknesses and are often impossible to kill if you haven't considered them when building.

-There are only 3 viable grass types in the tier (ferrothorn, kartana and zarude) meaning everything that is naturaly immune to spore is weak to fire and fighting. However, ferro is often flash fire so you'll want to consider carrying a fighting move on your spore users or a fire move if you also use mold breaker to put the bouncers to sleep. Fighting also hits regigigas, the most common poison healer for super effective damage. (consider knock off/corrosive gas too for goggles).

-All viable mons naturaly immune to glare and nearly all viable mons immune to toxic are weak to thousand arrows making it an ideal combination, especialy with mold breaker since a lot of walls bank on fur coat to tank thousand arrows and magic bounce to counter status moves.

-Always consider a way to defeat cramorant and bypass it's effect whether it's with misty surge, aromatherapy, comatose, poison healers, jungle healing or at least a guaranteed ohko on all offensive mons (and possibly a lum berry). If you are not prepared, he will paralyze all your offensive mons with ease. Consider cramorant when choosing your pivot moves. If there is not much coverage added by an attacking pivot move, you might consider parting shot, teleport or baton pass instead, even on offensive mons.

-Always Improof everything on your team and consider any non-ghost mon can be trapped.

Last edited:
blackster0915 Hey, here is my advice to consider in addition to, or instead of Onyx Onix 7

I suggested that Kyurem-B Wide Lens set a long time ago. Glad to see how it inspired you guys both!

I think the original Tapu-Fini set he listed that was inspired by me is actually quite fine.

Worry Seed works on the switch in, which can be a huge boon vs Core Enforcer, as it could be a Pokémon that forces out Tapu Fini and isn’t something you want to keep its ability (like Kartana), and Flip Turn can backfire if the foe uses Strength Sap as you would likely have made its nature - Speed and potentially increased the Atk IVs and EVs.

Also, you want to keep Parting Shot to specifically force out Magic Bounce users that try to switch in, (letting it rack up Hazards damage and serving as a better escape if they Anchor Shot), and to avoid losing momentum from the foe being able to use a Protect move.

Other factors like Rocky Helmet (you won’t heal if you switch), and not lowering your foe’s Offenses can come back to haunt you since your goal is to make the pivot as safe for your teammate as possible.

Flip Turn rarely deals enough damage to matter, and Scald is enough if you really need to hit with STAB. And if the foe has Desolate Land, Water Absorb, etc. they could still trap you, and / or at least force you to lose momentum by a manual switch.

I would say I prefer the original one, but I could see why Core Enforcer is more helpful, I.e. if Tapu-Fini is your last Pokémon, Imposter cannot defeat you. But let’s remember, that if Specs or Metronome Boomburst Xerneas comes in, 1/2 his team is weak it, and Worry Seed is definitely a necessary deterrent.

As for Baneful Bunker, I think it has helped me too many times to count. It can punish Rapid Spinners, U-Turners, and saved me in many games where I knew the sweeper that broke past my wall just needs more consistent chip to faint, and Poison brings that. At the very least you could switch out Tapu and send it back in to stall for Protect, or if it has Magic Bounce, you can force it out after you Poison it, which stacks with Hazards.

Without Flip Turn, Imposter won’t be able to trigger it off of your Tapu-Fini, and if they Imposter another Pokémon like Zamazenta-C it won’t get poisoned, you could upgrade Flip Turn on Type: Null to Teleport to keep your pivots safe, and now Imposter cannot benefit from Baneful Bunker.

Also, why Rapid Spin? I didn’t see any hazard setters on the team; give Giratina Defog / Court Change instead, and then Imposter cannot trigger Baneful Bunker off of it either.

So Tapu, Zamazenta, Type: Null, Giratina all won’t use a contact move in their ideal sets, making it hard for Imposter to take advantage of it later if it were hit with Baneful Bunker.

All in all, good advice, and to a degree I like Core, but I feel Parting Shot and Baneful Bunker have their place as well. For this team, I would say he may need a new Steel, but he definitely needs to have a lower -Spe Nature on Tapu-Fini for the safe pivot, and if he uses Core Enforcer, to underspeed more foe’s to remove their Abilities.

Cheers.
With Parting Shot whenever you decide to use it to pivot there is always the risk that a Magic Bounce pokemon will just take your momemtun and use it against you. While this is usually fine on stalll builds on an offensive team such as Blackster's the loss of momentum there can easily cause the team to be run over by other offensive threats. Flip Turn or U-Turn or even Teleports are generally better due to being more reliable.

As with Baneful Bunker the poisoning is definitely useful but since his Improof for Palkia is Tapu Fini the Imposter can just whittle down Tapu Fini enough as to force a protection move from it and thus get itself poisoned. Once and Imposter gets itself poisoned it's pretty much game over for Blackster as Imposter can just endlessly switchs in on Tapu Fini and Palkia and outstall his whole team.

Introduction

Hey guys, Its me. I bring a new team to you which carried me from 1000 to 1550 on a new account in just one day. It has some surprises inbuilt and I hope you enjoy this little meme team :)

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Scorching Sands
Nothing special here, I guess. My late-game cleaner, poison healer, and special wall. It can take a lot on the special side after 1 or 2 dances and then sweeps.

Eternatus @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Astral Barrage
This is the star. Crit Eternatus. Get it in with a slow pivot; I prefer Parting Shot HoOh here. Press Focus Energy and just boom boom. It absolutely melts stuff. I ran min def IVs and nature so Imposter Eternatus can get killed by my Zacian.

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Glacial Lance
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
My unaware wall. Replaces prankster on this team. It's also my regigigas trap. It cant kill you, and you can set up as you wish and then sweep.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- U-turn
My eternatus improof. I'm faster by exactly 1 point. Adamant nature glacial lance should always kill enemy Imposter. U-turn for pivot and strength sap for longevity.

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Parting Shot
- Spikes
- Milk Drink
My special wall and my Xerneas improof. It's my setup for eternatus since I can almost always get a slow pivot with parting shot into my eternatus.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
Nearly every team needs this currently since Triage kartana is terrorizing the ladder. Nothing really stops it except those 2 cute blades. When it setups, switch in, press spectral thief, and kill it.

+6 252+ Atk Life Orb Kartana Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Fur Coat Doublade: 88-105 (27.3 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
(nice damage btw)

As always, I welcome every comment on this.
Have a good one.

PS: If someone could tell me, how to get those animated bugless sprites, that would be nice :)

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Scorching Sands

Eternatus @ Scope Lens
Mild Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Astral Barrage

Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Glacial Lance
- Anchor Shot
- Recover

Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Parting Shot
- Spikes
- Milk Drink

Doublade @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

I would like to submit a team I have been using for over several weeks now with a lot of success as a sample team. This team is best described as Bulky Offense, with some features of HO and Balance mixed in. And as such, I would like to introduce you to Zacian's Gambit:

Team Name: Zacian's Gambit
Description: Bulky Offense with wallbreaker Eternatus to open up gaps for Xerneas to clean, while sneaking kills with Zacian-Crowned and having a fairly well structured defense.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e8a2f936037b3011
How to Use: The lead usually depends on your opponent's team, as usual if you are unsure it is usually safe to lead with chansey to scout. Any teams lacking a really good scales steel or fairy types can slowly be destroyed by Eternatus with its massive dragon type nuke, and by using Eternatus with trick/gambit and Zacian-Crowned you can work to eliminate the Pokemon capable of walling Xerneas. Fur Coat Zamazenta-Crowned walls a lot of physical attackers like Kartana, Regigigas, and Kyurem-Black, while leaving Blissey primarily to clean in the gaps and Zygarde-Complete as a last resort. When I play with the team I view my wincon being dependent on breaking holes in the opponent's team while denying them any openings for long enough to finish them off with Xerneas (or even Zac-c/Eternatus depending on the situation).
Weaknesses: The offensive aspect of the team is weak to a combination of fairy/steel types and ice scales with pivots to prevent getting trapped and killed by Zacian-Crowned, while avoiding the threats of Xerneas and Dragon Energy. Being paired up against a team like this is very commonplace, the primary example of such a matchup would be against Quantum Tesseract, as his teams usually feature multiple steel and fairy type pokemon with shed shell/pivots. While being incredibly difficult this does not guarantee a loss, and with careful trick/gambit plays from Eternatus I have been able to defeat these teams without too many issues in the past, it just requires a lot more delicate plays. The defenses from Blissey, Zygarde, and Zamazenta-Crowned are all weak to the weather dragons (Palkia/Reshiram with swift swim/chlorophyll) and are usually the prime example of when Destiny Bond becomes useful to prevent a loss. Zygarde can click prankster Destiny Bond and then hold that status until clicking T-waves and trapping the pokemon in question, leaving it trapped with no option other than to die to T-waves or activate destiny bond. Poison-Heal Palkia can still be problematic compared to Reshiram due to its hp recovery and neutrality to T-waves, however the threat of these pokemon primarily lies in the weather team variety with eruption/water spout and even if they avoid the destiny bond they are usually as helpless as you are and unable to do anything while you stall them with destiny bond until the weather runs out, allowing you to outspeed + survive with your other mons. This team is also slightly weak to some Belly-Drum sweepers depending upon their ability.
Effectiveness: I have found great success on the ladder with this team, and have gotten up to around 1700+ elo and 88gxe+ before on multiple accounts with winstreaks usually lasting 20+ games and losses being few and far between. It can handle many of the low ladder gimmicks well including normalize and hazards etc, while performing very well at a higher level. This team has also gotten multiple of my accounts into the top 10 on ladder (sometimes multiple at the same time), by allowing me to overcome some of the well-known players right now like QT, Sevag, and SL42.
Replays against Championleon: Replay 1 Replay 2 Replay 3
Replay vs SL42
Tour Battle vs. A Losr.
Unfortunately I did not start saving replays until recently, but these are enough to showcase some high level counterplay against steels/fairies and pelican.

Edit: The team is slightly different than in the replays due to fishious rend on xerneas being replaced with spikes, and Chansey being repurposed into a Blissey with a slightly altered moveset for the purpose of a more reliable improof. The Zygarde set is also tweaked a bit and is gone into detail below. I have tested these changes extensively either via laddering or tour matches and they improve the overall consistency. (Original team here for reference https://pokepast.es/a59d50b636d81ae4)

The first thing that should be mentioned here that you have probably noticed is that my Zygarde set in the replays is different from the one submitted in the team, this is due to the old sash metal burst gimmick relying more on surprise than the new set, and while the old set worked for me personally, the new set functions far better without the element of surprise and is more consistent as a sample team. It helps Zygarde be less passive and be able to trap opponents in and reduce their hp for hp based moves and stall out weather effectively. Topsy prevents most pokemon from setting up against you and is an option to stop a sweeper without committing to destiny bond. I personally prefer topsy-turvy over haze due to its vast superiority against all non dark types, subpass teams, or the rare Magic Bounce sweepers, and those are usually able to be covered by Zamazenta with Low Kick + Spectral Thief or untransformed Chansey with Whirlwind.

Zacian-Crowned is almost always viewed as a primarily offensive pokemon, which is why sets that include spikes/nuzzle have become popularized due to their surprise factor against an unsuspecting opponent. Anchor shot is a popular choice on those sets over Sunsteel due to its high pp and almost identical power level, this makes anchor shot seem unobtrusive and not raise instant alarm bells like it does with many other pokemon like Zamazenta, which are well known for imprison trapping. Zacian-Crowned has an incredibly high speed stat that allows it to click imprison and transform before most pokemon can pivot out unless they are running prankster parting shot. You also do not need to trap your opponent in order to gain benefits from transforming into them, and as shown in the replay against SL I transformed into his Giratina multiple times to prevent recovery and allowing me to scout. Strength Sap allows you to recover and outpace physical sweepers after trapping them without instantly dying, and lets you trap them without fear of dying to struggle. This set works best as a surprise but even after fighting the same opponent multiple times it still retains its effectiveness. This pokemon also serves as an emergency improof for Xerneas, as its steel typing resists boomburst while allowing it to seal off strength sap and spam anchor shot. Furthermore this set is self improofed if you win the speed tie for imprison, giving you a 50% chance outright to kill the imposter, and if you lose the speedtie then you can swap into Zamazenta and it is unable to touch you, if they repeat this enough then eventually they will lose the speedtie and possibly cost them the match.

Eternatus primarily serves as a support for Xerneas, with dragon being a similar coverage to fairy it is usually countered by the same walls, allowing you to trick specs or gambit them to open the rest of the team up for Xerneas to clean. Additionally Specs Dmaw Denergy can OHKO a wide variety of pokemon including Regigigas and just about any dragon type, and after removing your specs you have a recovery option to fuel gambit and denergy. It is improofed by either of the fairy types, and if the opposing chansey decides to click final gambit it is almost always a negative for them.

Zamazenta-Crowned works to counter most physical sweepers while providing aromatherapy as to support the rest of the team from status moves. Spectral thief takes down all non normal types, while low kick completely shuts down Regigigas and other normal types along with opposing Zamazenta-Crowned's while having a high enough pp to be spammable.

Blissey acts as a scout and does normal imposter things, but the unique part comes in when it improofs Xerneas. On average you take around 30-35% from a rapid spin or boomburst from imposter, meaning as long as you are above around 65-70% you should be able to swap into imposter and heal, then trap them until they die. You want to aim for them to hit baneful bunker with rapid spin in order to speed up the process however it is fine if you are unable to, on the very last turn the imposter is alive you are able to click court change and swap the hazards over to the opposing side. If you mistime court change by a turn you can also click bane in order to prevent a rapid spin.

Xerneas is a fairly straightforwards set, every time you click a move consecutively it gains a 20% increase in power up to 2x, allowing you to either spam rapid spin to outlive recovery on a wall if necessary, or the more common usage which is building an unstoppable momentum with boomburst until you can completely crush your opponent's team. Additionally spikes allows you to set up hazards against certain matchups and also predict an opponent clicking a protect move, since spikes bypass the protection due to being a hazard.

Last edited:
I would like to submit a team I have been using for over several weeks now with a lot of success as a sample team. This team is best described as Bulky Offense, with some features of HO and Balance mixed in. And as such, I would like to introduce you to Zacian's Gambit:

Description: Bulky Offense with wallbreaker Eternatus to open up gaps for Xerneas to clean, while sneaking kills with Zacian-Crowned and having a fairly well structured defense.
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/205842f94396d75b
How to Use: The lead usually depends on your opponent's team, as usual if you are unsure it is usually safe to lead with chansey to scout. Any teams lacking a really good scales steel or fairy types can slowly be destroyed by Eternatus with its massive dragon type nuke, and by using Eternatus with trick/gambit and Zacian-Crowned you can work to eliminate the Pokemon capable of walling Xerneas. Fur Coat Zamazenta-Crowned walls a lot of physical attackers like Kartana, Regigigas, and Kyurem-Black, while leaving Chansey primarily to clean in the gaps and Zygarde-Complete as a last resort. When I play with the team I view my wincon being dependent on breaking holes in the opponent's team while denying them any openings for long enough to finish them off with Xerneas (or even Zac-c/Eternatus depending on the situation).
Weaknesses: The offensive aspect of the team is weak to a combination of fairy/steel types and ice scales with pivots to prevent getting trapped and killed by Zacian-Crowned, while avoiding the threats of Xerneas and Dragon Energy. Being paired up against a team like this is very commonplace, the primary example of such a matchup would be against Quantum Tesseract, as his teams usually feature multiple steel and fairy type pokemon with shed shell/pivots. While being incredibly difficult this does not guarantee a loss, and with careful trick/gambit plays from Eternatus I have been able to defeat these teams without too many issues in the past, it just requires a lot more delicate plays. The defenses from Chansey, Zygarde, and Zamazenta-Crowned are all weak to the weather dragons (Palkia/Reshiram with swift swim/chlorophyll) and are usually the prime example of when Destiny Bond becomes useful to prevent a loss. Zygarde can click prankster Destiny Bond and then hold that status until clicking T-waves and trapping the pokemon in question, leaving it trapped with no option other than to die to T-waves or activate destiny bond. Poison-Heal Palkia can still be problematic compared to Reshiram due to its hp recovery and neutrality to T-waves, however the threat of these pokemon primarily lies in the weather team variety with eruption/water spout and even if they avoid the destiny bond they are usually as helpless as you are and unable to do anything while you stall them with destiny bond until the weather runs out, allowing you to outspeed + survive with your other mons. This team is also slightly weak to some Belly-Drum sweepers depending upon their ability.
Effectiveness: I have found great success on the ladder with this team, and have gotten up to around 1700+ elo and 88gxe+ before on multiple accounts with winstreaks usually lasting 20+ games and losses being few and far between. It can handle many of the low ladder gimmicks well including normalize and hazards etc, while performing very well at a higher level. This team has also gotten multiple of my accounts into the top 10 on ladder (sometimes multiple at the same time), by allowing me to overcome some of the well-known players right now like QT, Sevag, and SL42.
Replay against SL42
Unfortunately I did not start saving replays until recently, but these are enough to showcase some high level counterplay against steels/fairies and pelican.

The first thing that should be mentioned here that you have probably noticed is that my Zygarde set in the replays is different from the one submitted in the team, this is due to the old sash metal burst gimmick relying more on surprise than the new set, and while the old set worked for me personally, the new set functions far better without the element of surprise and is more consistent as a sample team. It helps Zygarde be less passive and be able to trap opponents in and reduce their hp for hp based moves and stall out weather effectively. Topsy prevents most pokemon from setting up against you and is an option to stop a sweeper without committing to destiny bond. I personally prefer topsy-turvy over haze due to its vast superiority against all non dark types, subpass teams, or the rare Magic Bounce sweepers, and those are usually able to be covered by Zamazenta with Low Kick + Spectral Thief or untransformed Chansey with Whirlwind.

Zacian-Crowned is almost always viewed as a primarily offensive pokemon, which is why sets that include spikes/nuzzle have become popularized due to their surprise factor against an unsuspecting opponent. Anchor shot is a popular choice on those sets over Sunsteel due to its high pp and almost identical power level, this makes anchor shot seem unobtrusive and not raise instant alarm bells like it does with many other pokemon like Zamazenta, which are well known for imprison trapping. Zacian-Crowned has an incredibly high speed stat that allows it to click imprison and transform before most pokemon can pivot out unless they are running prankster parting shot. You also do not need to trap your opponent in order to gain benefits from transforming into them, and as shown in the replay against SL I transformed into his Giratina multiple times to prevent recovery and allowing me to scout. Strength Sap allows you to recover and outpace physical sweepers after trapping them without instantly dying, and lets you trap them without fear of dying to struggle. This set works best as a surprise but even after fighting the same opponent multiple times it still retains its effectiveness. This pokemon also serves as an improof for Xerneas, as its steel typing resists boomburst while allowing it to seal off strength sap and spam anchor shot. Furthermore this set is self improofed if you win the speed tie for imprison, giving you a 50% chance outright to kill the imposter, and if you lose the speedtie then you can swap into zamazenta and it is unable to touch you, if they repeat this enough then eventually they will lose the speedtie and possibly cost them the match.

Eternatus primarily serves as a support for Xerneas, with dragon being a similar coverage to fairy it is usually countered by the same walls, allowing you to trick specs or gambit them to open the rest of the team up for Xerneas to clean. Additionally Specs Dmaw Denergy can OHKO a wide variety of pokemon including Regigigas and just about any dragon type, and after removing your specs you have a recovery option to fuel gambit and denergy. It is improofed by either of the fairy types, and if the opposing chansey decides to click final gambit it is almost always a negative for them.

Zamazenta-Crowned works to counter most physical sweepers while providing aromatherapy as to support the rest of the team from status moves. Spectral thief takes down all non normal types, while low kick completely shuts down Regigigas and other normal types along with opposing Zamazenta-Crowned's.

There isn't much for me to say about Xerneas and Shed Shell Chansey, their effectiveness is extremely widespread and well-known.
Oh yeah I remember, ran some times into you on the ladder. Was 50/50 sometimes you won, sometimes I won. But it´s a good team, I recommend!

Introduction

Hey guys, Its me. I bring a new team to you which carried me from 1000 to 1550 on a new account in just one day. It has some surprises inbuilt and I hope you enjoy this little meme team :)

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Scorching Sands
Nothing special here, I guess. My late-game cleaner, poison healer, and special wall. It can take a lot on the special side after 1 or 2 dances and then sweeps.

Eternatus @ Scope Lens
Mild Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Astral Barrage
This is the star. Crit Eternatus. Get it in with a slow pivot; I prefer Parting Shot HoOh here. Press Focus Energy and just boom boom. It absolutely melts stuff. I ran min def IVs and nature so Imposter Eternatus can get killed by my Zacian.

Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Glacial Lance
- Anchor Shot
- Recover
My unaware wall. Replaces prankster on this team. It's also my regigigas trap. It cant kill you, and you can set up as you wish and then sweep.

Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- U-turn
My eternatus improof. I'm faster by exactly 1 point. Adamant nature glacial lance should always kill enemy Imposter. U-turn for pivot and strength sap for longevity.

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Parting Shot
- Spikes
- Milk Drink
My special wall and my Xerneas improof. It's my setup for eternatus since I can almost always get a slow pivot with parting shot into my eternatus.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
Nearly every team needs this currently since Triage kartana is terrorizing the ladder. Nothing really stops it except those 2 cute blades. When it setups, switch in, press spectral thief, and kill it.

(nice damage btw)

As always, I welcome every comment on this.
Have a good one.

PS: If someone could tell me, how to get those animated bugless sprites, that would be nice :)

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Moonblast
- Scorching Sands

Eternatus @ Scope Lens
Mild Nature
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Astral Barrage

Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Glacial Lance
- Anchor Shot
- Recover

Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Parting Shot
- Spikes
- Milk Drink

Doublade @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up
Sorry but, half of your team don't have improof like Zacian-c, Ho-oh, Doublade.
Imposter can just get free heal and leave after clicking 20 moves.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/205842f94396d75b
How to Use: The lead usually depends on your opponent's team, as usual if you are unsure it is usually safe to lead with chansey to scout. Any teams lacking a really good scales steel or fairy types can slowly be destroyed by Eternatus with its massive dragon type nuke, and by using Eternatus with trick/gambit and Zacian-Crowned you can work to eliminate the Pokemon capable of walling Xerneas. Fur Coat Zamazenta-Crowned walls a lot of physical attackers like Kartana, Regigigas, and Kyurem-Black, while leaving Chansey primarily to clean in the gaps and Zygarde-Complete as a last resort. When I play with the team I view my wincon being dependent on breaking holes in the opponent's team while denying them any openings for long enough to finish them off with Xerneas (or even Zac-c/Eternatus depending on the situation).
Weaknesses: The offensive aspect of the team is weak to a combination of fairy/steel types and ice scales with pivots to prevent getting trapped and killed by Zacian-Crowned, while avoiding the threats of Xerneas and Dragon Energy. Being paired up against a team like this is very commonplace, the primary example of such a matchup would be against Quantum Tesseract, as his teams usually feature multiple steel and fairy type pokemon with shed shell/pivots. While being incredibly difficult this does not guarantee a loss, and with careful trick/gambit plays from Eternatus I have been able to defeat these teams without too many issues in the past, it just requires a lot more delicate plays. The defenses from Chansey, Zygarde, and Zamazenta-Crowned are all weak to the weather dragons (Palkia/Reshiram with swift swim/chlorophyll) and are usually the prime example of when Destiny Bond becomes useful to prevent a loss. Zygarde can click prankster Destiny Bond and then hold that status until clicking T-waves and trapping the pokemon in question, leaving it trapped with no option other than to die to T-waves or activate destiny bond. Poison-Heal Palkia can still be problematic compared to Reshiram due to its hp recovery and neutrality to T-waves, however the threat of these pokemon primarily lies in the weather team variety with eruption/water spout and even if they avoid the destiny bond they are usually as helpless as you are and unable to do anything while you stall them with destiny bond until the weather runs out, allowing you to outspeed + survive with your other mons. This team is also slightly weak to some Belly-Drum sweepers depending upon their ability.
Replay against SL42

Zacian-Crowned is almost always viewed as a primarily offensive pokemon, which is why sets that include spikes/nuzzle have become popularized due to their surprise factor against an unsuspecting opponent. Anchor shot is a popular choice on those sets over Sunsteel due to its high pp and almost identical power level, this makes anchor shot seem unobtrusive and not raise instant alarm bells like it does with many other pokemon like Zamazenta, which are well known for imprison trapping. Zacian-Crowned has an incredibly high speed stat that allows it to click imprison and transform before most pokemon can pivot out unless they are running prankster parting shot. You also do not need to trap your opponent in order to gain benefits from transforming into them, and as shown in the replay against SL I transformed into his Giratina multiple times to prevent recovery and allowing me to scout. Strength Sap allows you to recover and outpace physical sweepers after trapping them without instantly dying, and lets you trap them without fear of dying to struggle. This set works best as a surprise but even after fighting the same opponent multiple times it still retains its effectiveness. This pokemon also serves as an improof for Xerneas, as its steel typing resists boomburst while allowing it to seal off strength sap and spam anchor shot. Furthermore this set is self improofed if you win the speed tie for imprison, giving you a 50% chance outright to kill the imposter, and if you lose the speedtie then you can swap into zamazenta and it is unable to touch you, if they repeat this enough then eventually they will lose the speedtie and possibly cost them the match.

Zamazenta-Crowned works to counter most physical sweepers while providing aromatherapy as to support the rest of the team from status moves. Spectral thief takes down all non normal types, while low kick completely shuts down Regigigas and other normal types along with opposing Zamazenta-Crowned's.

There isn't much for me to say about Xerneas and Shed Shell Chansey, their effectiveness is extremely widespread and well-known.
Those damn critical hits in round 3.

One thing I noticed on your team, is how it can be vulnerable to Magic Guard Life Orb Pheromosa.

Mind Blown for Zamazenta-C & Zacian-C KOs after chip, Glacial Lance can do the same for Zygarde-C. With Spikes set before Pheromosa begins, it could be hard to recover from it. Eternatus has to be careful of the 2HKO as well.

In this case, Xerneas helps, but even Imposter faces a Speed Tie, and can lose to Mind Blown. Something to consider.

Overall, I like your team, it had some good strategies including the Imprison set. I think the change in Zygarde-C is a matter of posting. Once you reveal how the team works, it’s not longer a surprise, I could see you using the set on a different team that you don’t post a sample set for. By keeping the surprise a surprise, it would still work, especially in a 3rd round tournament tie-breaker.

I don’t know if I would use it differently, tbh, I think it’s overall capable, and deserves a spot in the sample teams in my book! a loser he has my support. :blobthumbsup:

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:burn-drive::reshiram::blacephalon::heatran:
I had a bad idea that I'd like to share. Techno Blast is far from new tech this generation but I do feel like it is underexplored yet. I'm not sure if this idea is any good yet since it is kind of redundant and goes against traditional improofing methods, but I'll talk about it anyway to see what you all think.

:bw/reshiram:
Reshiram @ Burn Drive
Ability: Turboblaze / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Techno Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap

In past generations, this would be Draco Plate Judgment on Reshiram so the set is self-improof and not forced out by Imposter. As we know, this gen Judgment got the axe so my idea is to use Techno Blast to allow teammates to improof the set without relying on abilities like Flash Fire, Primordial Sea, and Ice Scales. This Reshiram is designed to take on Flash Fire Steels, Ice Scales walls, and Dragon-types with Quiver Dance boosted STAB moves and recovery via Strength Sap. Normally this set would run something like Blue Flare to do the same thing, but leaves you having to improof it with something like Primordial Sea Fairies or Steels, which can be somewhat passive depending on the user. Techno Blast frees you up to improof with Steel-types like Pixilate Magearna, any Zama-C you'd want to run, and stuff like Magic Bounce Ferrothorn or even Zacian-C if you don't mind being sapped. This comes at the cost of being very vulnerable to Knock Off, which leaves you unable to hit Steel-types.
Like I said, these aren't tested but follow the same principle as Reshiram. Blacephalon is a bit harder to improof but you can make it work with guys like Regigigas, Yveltal, untransformed Imposter users, and niche Dark-types like Tyranitar. The set is less effective but improofing is much easier if you take off Strength Sap, though.
:xy/Blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Burn Drive
Ability: Mold Breaker / Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast
- Astral Barrage
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap

Heatran is a little different here because it is actually kinda self-improof as it can neutrally damage Imposter while Imposter can spam Recover and fish for crits with highly resisted attacks. It also leaves you using offensive Heatran, which is not super ideal unless you have a great matchup.
:bw/heatran:
Heatran @ Burn Drive
Ability: Magic Guard / Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast
- Steel Beam / Doom Desire
- Quiver Dance
- Recover / Boomburst
:douse-drive::chill-drive::shock-drive:
Sadly, the other Techno Blast STAB users face stiff competition from better moves like Water Spout, Fishious Rend, and Steam Eruption for Douse, Refrigerate Boomburst for Chill, and stuff like Rising Voltage for Shock. I can't think of many situations where STAB users would be better off opting for Techno Blast over these moves as it makes them much less effective.

Other guys like Triage users (Rayquaza, Yveltal, and Thundurus-T) can at least make use of Chill Drive Techno Blast to hit Imposter and help improofing efforts using things like Zygarde-C. Other than them, you're left with even nicher guys like Magearna, Normalize and Lightning Rod Ghost-types, and basically any other mon you can think of that would much rather be holding a different/better item.

Long story short: Techno Blast is interesting to mess around with but sadly doesn't come close to making up for Judgment being gone.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Magearna @ Burn Drive
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Techno Blast
- Moonblast
- Strength Sap

One set I posted earlier was this Burn Drive set, bc Fairy and Fire offer great synergy. Simple gives it the equivalent of Adaptability + Quiver Dance for its attacks including Techno Blast since both are 2x after a boost as 1.5 x 1.33 = 2.

Unlike Heatran, this set packs more of a Punch for its anti-Dragon coverage due to STAB and boosting at a faster rate. Since it can set up much faster it will have a higher SpD and higher Spe as well.

Magearna also has great coverage for things bc it can be its own Improof, and handle Dark types like Yveltal, even if it used Knock Off.

It has many more resistances and can serve as an Improof against allies like Eternatus in the process without having to compromise its set.
:burn-drive::reshiram::blacephalon::heatran:
I had a bad idea that I'd like to share. Techno Blast is far from new tech this generation but I do feel like it is underexplored yet. I'm not sure if this idea is any good yet since it is kind of redundant and goes against traditional improofing methods, but I'll talk about it anyway to see what you all think.

:bw/reshiram:
Reshiram @ Burn Drive
Ability: Turboblaze / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Techno Blast
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap

In past generations, this would be Draco Plate Judgment on Reshiram so the set is self-improof and not forced out by Imposter. As we know, this gen Judgment got the axe so my idea is to use Techno Blast to allow teammates to improof the set without relying on abilities like Flash Fire, Primordial Sea, and Ice Scales. This Reshiram is designed to take on Flash Fire Steels, Ice Scales walls, and Dragon-types with Quiver Dance boosted STAB moves and recovery via Strength Sap. Normally this set would run something like Blue Flare to do the same thing, but leaves you having to improof it with something like Primordial Sea Fairies or Steels, which can be somewhat passive depending on the user. Techno Blast frees you up to improof with Steel-types like Pixilate Magearna, any Zama-C you'd want to run, and stuff like Magic Bounce Ferrothorn or even Zacian-C if you don't mind being sapped. This comes at the cost of being very vulnerable to Knock Off, which leaves you unable to hit Steel-types.
Like I said, these aren't tested but follow the same principle as Reshiram. Blacephalon is a bit harder to improof but you can make it work with guys like Regigigas, Yveltal, untransformed Imposter users, and niche Dark-types like Tyranitar. The set is less effective but improofing is much easier if you take off Strength Sap, though.
:xy/Blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Burn Drive
Ability: Mold Breaker / Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast
- Astral Barrage
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap

Heatran is a little different here because it is actually kinda self-improof as it can neutrally damage Imposter while Imposter can spam Recover and fish for crits with highly resisted attacks. It also leaves you using offensive Heatran, which is not super ideal unless you have a great matchup.
:bw/heatran:
Heatran @ Burn Drive
Ability: Magic Guard / Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Techno Blast
- Steel Beam / Doom Desire
- Quiver Dance
- Recover / Boomburst
:douse-drive::chill-drive::shock-drive:
Sadly, the other Techno Blast STAB users face stiff competition from better moves like Water Spout, Fishious Rend, and Steam Eruption for Douse, Refrigerate Boomburst for Chill, and stuff like Rising Voltage for Shock. I can't think of many situations where STAB users would be better off opting for Techno Blast over these moves as it makes them much less effective.

Other guys like Triage users (Rayquaza, Yveltal, and Thundurus-T) can at least make use of Chill Drive Techno Blast to hit Imposter and help improofing efforts using things like Zygarde-C. Other than them, you're left with even nicher guys like Magearna, Normalize and Lightning Rod Ghost-types, and basically any other mon you can think of that would much rather be holding a different/better item.

Long story short: Techno Blast is interesting to mess around with but sadly doesn't come close to making up for Judgment being gone.
Each has their advantages, but it’s great to add one more to the list as it can take advantage and be Self-Improof. One last thing — remember with Simple the Imposter can only Strength Sap 3x.

Last edited:
I have an interesting idea that I'd like to share:
Calyrex-Ice @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Shore Up
Calyrex has a good Defense and SpD stats. This set has high PP, good coverage, good hazards control and Self-Improof(unless shed shell Impostor).
Calyrex-Ice is a really slow Pokemon, so this is reason why I used Extreme Speed although Body Slam is really good too(But it will be paralyzed by Impostor). Rapid Spin has 64 PP which is really high, also it can remove hazards.
Thousand Wave is for trapping Impostor at the same time Ice/Ground Coverage is really good in this meta.

Btw a loser had used it earlier than me but with the version of Body Slam.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Sometimes, when you are looking for inspiration, it can feel like you are climbing a mountain. Today, that mountain has been climbed!

Defiantly Competitive:

Today I am covering some very powerful, but often forgotten about abilities:

Competitive — +2 Special Attack per stat level lowered | Defiant — +2 Attack per stat level lowered

*Each ability boosts Atk, or SpA, per each stat drop, allowing you to take advantage of common moves like Strength Sap, Defog, Thunderous Kick, King’s Shield, Fire Lash, Obstruct, and especially Parting Shot (which boosts +2 Atk per drop — which makes it +4 - 1 = +3 Atk / Spa).

Replays:
Highest Ladder:
Competitive Match: Won 4-0 vs Quantum Terrasect
If I had kept the item, I would have won sooner for the KO vs Giratina

Lower Ladder:
Defiant Match (Regigigas): Won 5-0 vs NamiSwaaaann & Won 4-0 vs Poki-Oh
Defiant Match (Zamazenta-C): Won 4-0 vs TheUltraKing
The best way to utilize this is via Magic Bouncing Sticky Web, which can be done via Entraining your foe with Magic Bounce, then using Sticky Web, which allows you to get the boost when your teammate switches in. Of course, you would Sticky Web the opponent first, so you would both be at the same -1 drop. Afterwards, you could trap, so the foe is unable to keep resetting your Entrainment via switching, and then use Sticky Web so you can trigger upon switch-in.

Now the strategy is to partner with a fast self-Improof like Zamazenta-C, effectively making it a mutual drop but only your Pokémon gets +2 Atk or SpA, while you basically get to sweep / wall-break.

As a supplement I use Cramorant so I keep the opponent slower in case they use Rapid Spin. If they try and use Defog, switch in your Defiant / Competitive Pokémon so you can get the boost off of their -1 Evasion nerf on you.
The 3 best options are

Defiant
1. Zamazenta-C with Multi-Attack Fighting Memory to trap and hit Imposter hard, and sweep foes. Spirit Shackle is for Ghosts like Giratina, and can also serve as a trap that handles Darmanitan-Zen Mode. Anchor Shot works vs Xerneas, and hits Calyrex-Ice, Kyurem-B / W.

https://pokepast.es/7c4a10e5926ed0b6

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Fighting Memory
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Spirit Shackle / Anchor Shot
- Strength Sap
- Shift Gear
2. Regigigas, so you can use Extreme Speed and Multi-Attack Ice Memory to Improof with Giratina, or just use Cramorant with Knock Off earlier in the match to cause Paralysis and remove its Eviolite, so Imposter is now slower and easier to KO. See this replay as an example: Won 5-0 vs NamiSwaaaann

https://pokepast.es/4133bc46dc8c7cb5

Regigigas @ Ice Memory / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Multi-Attack / Glacial Lance
- Shift Gear / V-Create

Competitive
3. Use Technoblast Chill Drive for Dragons / Flying-types like Giratina, Landerous-T, Yveltal, and Zygarde-C, alongside Secret Sword for Steels like Registeel, Zamazenta-C, etc.

https://pokepast.es/3ead88ffebb87550

Spectrier @ Chill Drive
Ability: Competitive
Jolly Nature
- Techno Blast
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap
- Quiver Dance

I typically focus on using Magic Guard Life Orb Ho-Oh to check Xerneas, and bc as a Flying-Type it can stay immune to Sticky Webs, allowing me to outspeed for a V-Create. If the foe is naturally slower than Ho-Oh, Sticky Webs serves a purpose in letting me V-Create a second time if I used it once prior, as it can still outspeed.

Throughout my team I implement Debuffs like Parting Shot on Cramorant so that Imposter can also trigger the ability when they try to pivot while I predict their move (or if they use Knock Off while I use Knock Off, and get Paralyzed so I can Parting Shot first to my Defiant / Competitive ally to trigger it as they switch).

I use Strength Sap on Spectrier and Zamazenta-C bc the Imposter thinks they can heal, only to boost my offense levels higher, letting me sweep. This works great against Prankster Strength Sap, letting my opponent boost without spending a turn of my own to do so.

The best part about Regigigas and Zamazenta-C is the fact they can use Shift Gear for +2 Speed, so they still have +1 Speed by the end of the turn, more than negating the Sticky Web -1 Speed.

The rule is: Court Changing a Sticky Web doesn’t count as a trigger bc it is your own move. Defiant recognizes that you have to be impacted by a foe, not your own. So it will trigger off of a foe using Sticky Web, or a foe using Magic Bounce bc they set it.

Use the goal of not needing the Sticky Web — it’s just an added bonus. Cramorant, Ho-Oh, and a Prankster user don’t mind the Sticky Web, your lead should be your fast setter with Magic Bounce like Regieleki or Zamazenta-C, Entrainment, Trap, and Recover, you will also need a your Defiant / Competitive sweeper / wall breaker, and your 6th can be a second Sticky Webs setter or something that doesn’t mind Webs. Overall, your team needs to weaken and Paralyze, treating Defiant / Competitive a bit like Gulp Missle — it works as a deterrent so your foe is less likely to use Strength Sap, Defog, etc.
Personally, I am still working out the kinks of the teams, but the goal is to have a surprise boost, even if you don't opt for Sticky Webs, when your foe uses common debuff moves, and ends up buffing you up.

Necessary support is paralysis, and standard walls like Prankster Haze, as well as an Xerneas check like Ho-Oh. Overall, come up with your own, and remember, stay Defiantly Competitive!

Edit: Added Pokepaste team links!

Adding Marshadow as a new Sweeper:
No need for a limited coverage move when your STABs are already self-Improof

Marshadow @ White Herb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Strength Sap
- Extreme Speed / Shift Gear

Perfect coverage, White Herb to outspeeds your foe and to trigger White Herb + Poltergeist immediately to Improof.

I like it better than Zamazenta-C

Won 4-Forfeiture vs ExtremelyUnsure2

Won 5-0 vs Felipe789

Won 4-Forfeiture vs ItzYaBoiMax

Won 2-0 vs Nirvada - EDIT: It now shows the replay.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)