Base Stats of New Pokemon

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We still haven't seen the movepool's so there's still the possibility of Legendaries "left behind".

Research consists of: Raikou, Entei, Suicun,e Mesprit, Regirock, Cresselia, blah blah blah.

Ubers despite having more Pokemon won't be anymore powerful as it's a banlist, in my opinion. Of curse, Darkrai and Palkia's going to have competition.

ubers isn't a tier as much as a banlist, so I don't think it will be growing - if anything, we should expect a much greater difference between OU and NU now and maybe even a smaller ubers tier. I'm excited for testing to start though :3

After reviewing the stat totals that we now have, I have to say I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable. I was worried that they would just one-up themselves one offensive stats, but I saw a TON of high HPs thrown around and many underwhelming (or at least 'usable' = 100-110ish) attacks. Lots of low speed pokemon as well.

I gotta say, I'm pretty excited. It really looks like they tried to balance the game so it wouldn't be so offense oriented; perhaps mence and even chompie will find their way into OU...I'm a bit skeptical about that ice dragon though. That could be trouble.

I think a lot of you guys are getting a little too worried. Before making ANY sort of judgement, I think it would be better if we got all info about stats, abilities and changes to game mechanics and other pokemon. For all we know when the all the info has finally be revealed, everything could balance itself out, and I highly doubt there are gonna be minimal changes from 4th gen to 5th gen. Just wait and see what else is out there so we can play test everything and go from there.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ha, I had to laugh when I saw Swanna's stats.

75/87/63/87/63/98

Lumineon complex much?

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking the 87 stats were defenses. Oh well, my statement still stands.

Yeah oglemi, I don't know why they INSIST on making shitty pokemon that nobody will ever use. Look at that stupid gopher thing, it just begs of being terrible.

Also, how about 3 more bug/steel types? Scizor is gonna be number one no longer.

Looks like they're encouraging slow powerhouses.

That said, Doryuuzu is a monster.

Do we have any word on stealth rock?

Speed tiers become more versatile every generation. We've got base 97, 98, and 99 speeds (latter is legendary, though). Anyway, scarf dark/dragon will probably a decent check to Ononokusu (although a liability considering other scarfed 100s). Well, Scarf Flygon potentially gets 2 Dragons to threaten, one of which is even weak to U-turn. I don't remember a lot of specifics but there was 101 base speed in there with decent attacking stats, iirc. And a couple of mons at 116 to beat out Starmie.

Mr. Polar Bear seems like Mamoswine minus ground STAB minus power minus cool.

I do like a lot of the legendaries. Might acquaint myself with Ubers this gen rather than bother with OU.

That ground/steel Doryuuzu or whatever looks pretty awesome. I wonder how that'll impact Tyranitar's/Hippowdon's tiering, with w/ Sandstorm version of Swift Swim he can outspeed virtually everything. They aren't really uber material but might be necessary. Not to mention he's a great switch-in to Blissey with Thunder Wave AND Toxic immunity.

Really hope SR gets nerfed. Will make a more diverse metagame. Even if they just halve the damage... 4x weaks will take only 25%, and stuff manages with that in Gen IV.

Oh, and that base 145 with Sticky Hold might make a nice spiker if he gets them. Outspeeds common Taunters and isn't vulnerable to Trick. If he doesn't get spikes/toxic spikes then... really sucks for him. He is kind of frail though. =/

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Oh. My. God.

I looked at Serebii's New Pokemon page. These...these creatures have INSANE Attack and overall offensive stats. Don't even get me started on the new Chlorophyll Pokemon. This new Pokemon list is VERY offensive. And I actually changed my mind about the Ubers list a bit...

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

I'm really gonna like this mon...

#553 Warubiaru
Abilities: Intimidate/Earthquake Spiral
Type: Ground/Dark
Base Stats: 95 HP/117 Atk/70 Def/65 SpA/70 SpD/92 Spe

Earthquake Spiral boosts the Pokemon's Attack stat whenever it knocks out an opponent.

I'm really hoping it learns Dragon Dance. This Pokemon will be a beast. It's almost like a love-child of Tyranitar and Garchomp.

<--My prediction is correct x3

Ononokusu hopefully doesn't get Dragon Dance, or that would be broken like hell...
We already know that Kibago learns DD (which is Onono's first stage). I hope only a few Pokemon learn Stealth Rock. No more of this Normal-types learning this non-sense. Give it to Pokemon like Gigaiasu, not Blissey.

I believe that it's been confirmed that Kibago has Dragon Dance. I think he might necessitate the use of a 100+ base scarfer, or some seriously bulky stuff.

How has nobody mentioned that Koromori is one of the worst Pokemon BST-wise this generation? It's abilities are only average, and I can't think of a movepool that would make it usable. I don't even like Koromori, but why screw it over so much when everything else is monstrous?

Hmm so many pokemon with high HP and offensive stats, while many pokemon with low speed and defenses. Seems that GF are trying to make the metagames slightly more balanced this gen. I have so say, The starters disappointed me greatly. Jaroda has some potential if it gets Growth - UU/BL. Embuoo is an instant NU, unless it gets a great movepool - NU. Although I doubt it will be better than Infernape's. Daikenki looks like a good UU pokemon, with those nice mixed offensive stats and decent physical bulk - UU.

Pokemon with potential:
Zeburaika - It better have a good movepool though.
Gigaiasu - I see Trick Room making a return.
Doryuuzu - Fuck those stats with Sand Throw is nice.
Nageki - BL? A bulkier, offensively weaker Hariyama.
Warubiaru? - Has decent stats, nice speed to work with and great Attack coupled with Intimidate. Also, Earthake Spiral @_@
Hihidaruma - 105 HP/140 Atk/95 Speed, sorry what
Desukan - If this has Pain Split, I see potential as a spinblocker.
Aakeosu - Insane stats with crippling ability and Stealth Rock weakness.
Chirachiino - Ambipom v2 anybody?
Shubarugo - Wow stats, but horrible STABs.
Shibirudon - Great stats barring speed, with legendary typing and ability.
Shanderaa - It could pull off a Pory-Z and fail.
Kojondo - Regeneration?
Urugumosu - Typing fails, but stats and STABs are full of win.
Borutorosu - Movepool better be good with those nice stats and typing.

Ubers:
Ononokusu - ...
Sazando - So. Damn. Uber.
Reshiram & Zekrom - Insane. Reshiram's typing might prove some problems, and lack of good physical stabs for Zekrom might result in fail. Otherwise, O_O
Kyuremu - This thing is god.

#530 Doryuuzu
Ground/Steel
"Sand Throw"/"Sand Power"
HP: 110
Atk: 135
Def: 60
SpA: 50
SpD: 65
Spe: 88

Right, so, pop Tyranitar on the field and you just won.

I love this thing.

For those of you who are interested in stats / like sorting things etc, I've manually typed in everything from Serebii's page into a spreadsheet and used a few VLookups to list things. :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVGULMXM

Ononokusu, Shanderaa and Hihidaruma will all be huge threats. Ononokusu has that amazing base 147 attack and resistances to the FWG core STAB attacks and apparently dragon dance. Shanderaa has that amazing base 145 special attack and access to flash fire while Hihidaruma has base 140 attack and hopefully flare blitz to work alongside encourage.

how about this bug alien?

Genosekuto. 71/120/95/120/95/99 with DOWNLOAD as its ability. And it's Bug Steel, which is a fantastic defensive typing.

This thing is going to rip through the ubers tier. Basically it powers up on the switch in and just starts firing off crazy attacks. And you know just based on its sprite that its going to have some super high powered bug move lol.

Meloia, the other event legendary, seems amazing as well. 100/77/77/128/128/90 this thing can be a great special wall... and then fire back attacks with a 128 base special attack. And Serene Grace as its ability? Damn. Not to mention that normal/psych has the potential to be a great defensive typing. Only weak to Dark and Bug, neutral to fighting, and immune to ghost.... would only resist psychic though actually (and poison? i forget lol)... still Meloia seems like a very legit uber.

I just have to point this out - Meloia is the most human looking pokemon yet... could this thing be both human and pokemon? Or at least maybe both alien and pokemon? Hmmm maybe gamefreak has decided to get a bit philosophical with us and blur the lines between human and pokemon :o ;)

The Archelon had so much potential... if only its Defense stat was switched with its HP. Solid Rock is a great ability, even on something with such a horrible typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)