Base Stats of New Pokemon

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So yeah... I'm really mad about about Doryuzuu. Max Attack with Adamant nature + Sandstorm means that it's going to absolutely tear through this metagame. I don't like guess ahead but seriously... could this thing get any more ridiculous? It was a really cool looking pokemon too. Shame it had to burdened by it's ridiculous stats.

Also guys I saw a picture of Kenhooru's (the staple bird pokemon) wearing mask. Is it a vizard will that mean Base stat changes?

Damn, Aakeosu don't look that neat right now with this ability, however it still may be used with deadly effect.

a) Give it Sandstorm making it reasonably easy to switch into.
b) With this speed and power, just keep it to late-game, without taking any hit
c) Wish
d) Probably have Roost, if Aerodactyl with the same typing has it. Also forcing switches with this retarded power won't be hard, so you may easily find this free turn too Roost without even having good defenses.

and BTW ;)

Thank God for Scizor.
Thank god for... Azumarill. Before you say WOOT, some simple reasoning.

Doryuuzu, Warubiaru, Hihidaruma, Aakeosu, Shanderaa, Urugamosu - All of them are badly Water weak and won't enjoy STAB Aqua Jet for sure. Add to this some stuff like Tyranitar, Mamoswine, etc. Azumarill also has solid bulk to switch into some attacks. It may be surprising come-back for our water mice, and her attack is really good thanks to Huge Power.

So yeah... I'm really mad about about Doryuzuu. Max Attack with Adamant nature + Sandstorm means that it's going to absolutely tear through this metagame. I don't like guess ahead but seriously... could this thing get any more ridiculous? It was a really cool looking pokemon too. Shame it had to burdened by it's ridiculous stats.

Also guys I saw a picture of Kenhooru's (the staple bird pokemon) wearing mask. Is it a vizard will that mean Base stat changes?
You guys are overreacting to the mole, seriously. What's it going to do against Skarmory? Being a physical-based Pokemon means Intimidate (which btw, we got another great Ground-type with... crocodile) will cripple it from sweeping. It'll be a good Pokemon without a doubt, but it's way too early to assume it'll be broken.

Specs Meteor spamfest anyone?
lol that was my initial idea for Sazando too.

But good news people, I have found something that can put a stop to the mighty Doryuuzu! It's called Bulky Gyara. Gyara can come in on an EQ and live a LO Stone Edge thanks to intimidate even after SR damage. (51.9% - 61.6%)

But wait! There's more! If Doryuuzu gets Meteor Mash (or another base 100 Steel attack), and hits Gyara with it on the switch in, it only does a pitiful 19.5% - 23% so if you can keep SR off the field, you can OHKO with Waterfall after he hits you with SE without even having to DD up!

This of course leaves Gyara at like 15% lol but it beats Dory so worth mentioning!

i feel that teams will look like one of these kinds of teams

1. 3 dragons 3 steels! wheee! chomp will be brought back to STOP the DAS meta. chompy will be great in BW balencing OU pretty well against DAS
2 sandstorm/weather in general now then imagine the pain of kyogre kingdra now imagine that in OU yea...

predictions for usage stats
1 tyrannitar
2 chompy!
3Aakeosu

You guys are overreacting to the mole, seriously. What's it going to do against Skarmory? Being a physical-based Pokemon means Intimidate (which btw, we got another great Ground-type with... crocodile) will cripple it from sweeping. It'll be a good Pokemon without a doubt, but it's way too early to assume it'll be broken.
Can we please all read the bolded sentence? If everything this gen is "broken" like some people seem to be screaming (not pointing fingers here)...then nothing is. I'm sure new strategies will emerge to deal with these pokemon.

Hard to say without knowing what it learns and potentially new attacks, but Skarmory is one of the very few who can tank that thing.
[And besides, what's Skarm's gonna do, Roar it? It's not like the mole even has boosts it would lose or anything, he can just come back next turn and keep pounding]

That said, I think sandstorm will be great, but not necessarily THE team to have.

It looks to me like poor Dragonite will be left in the dust lol.

Mence: Mixed attacking behemoth.
Dark/Dragon: Specially offensive Dragon
Lati twins: Bulky special attackers.
Garchomp: Bulky physical attacker.
Ononokusu: Frail physical powerhouse (and it has DD).

What does that leave Dragonite with? Supporting dragon?

It looks to me like poor Dragonite will be left in the dust lol.

Mence: Mixed attacking behemoth.
Dark/Dragon: Specially offensive Dragon
Lati twins: Bulky special attackers.
Garchomp: Bulky physical attacker.
Ononokusu: Frail physical powerhouse (and it has DD).

What does that leave Dragonite with? Supporting dragon?
Are we talking in general here, or OU?
Unless they fixed Draco Meteor and Outrage, I don't think there's any chance these are coming back. And for that matter I really don't see Ononokusu NOT being Uber if they are.

Of course, shitton of theorymoning based on not much here, but I'm just sayain'.

Oh yeah, the steel/dark. I fucking love it, but it seems really mediocre. What's everyone's toughts?

Specs Meteor spamfest anyone?
I'm more afraid of it getting Nasty Plot.

To the people referring to Ononokusu and Doryuuzu: It is far to early to tell whether they are broken or if X checks this. If either of these Pokemon gets Swords Dance[It is likely], they will be pretty goosed up, and Ononokusu could easily go either way. We don't know what the tutors are, and we don't know all the TM's yet. It depends on their move pools as well as the move pools of the old Pokemon and possible mechanic changes.

We should be able to speculate[to an extent], when we learn these things.

^I'm pretty sure that Gen 5 will begin with the old suspects, minus a few. Seems to be the general sentiment over in PR.

This generation is weird in my opinion. I was thinking they would have average to high stats because many of these would be setting the stage for cross gen evolutions, but these pokemon seem to fall in three categories.

1). Very strong with horrible speed
2). Good speed
3). Mediocre stats with a few good ones (which is what I thought the majority would fall under... but apparently not).

Anyone see the pure bug pokemon with 145 speed and 100 SpA?

The defensive Vulture would look promising if it weren't for all the ridiculous attacking stats flying around. 110/105/95 is great, and Flying is a good defensive type, albeit not as great paired with Dark.

The defensive Vulture would look promising if it weren't for all the ridiculous attacking stats flying around. 110/105/95 is great, and Flying is a good defensive type, albeit not as great paired with Dark.
I LOVE the vulture. The design is amazing and its stats are really unique for a bird Pokemon. I would think it'd be an offensive Pokemon.

Ononokusu has that move, Dragon Tail. Remember? Even if it has negative priority, it's going to be forcing switches at an alarmingly high rate, giving you a chance to hit a "counter" really dang hard with Dragon Tail and then force it to switch (if I understand the mechanics of the move correctly) so you got a mega hit on something.

Ononkusu@Choice Band/Life Orb
252 Att / 224 Spe / rest in HP - Jolly
~ Dragon Tail
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch (probably)

What does it hit, like 395 Attack with this spread? CB puts it up to 592. LO puts it up to 513. CB Fire Punch 2HKOs Skarmory after Stealth Rock. Mold Breaker discourages Bronzong / other Levitators from switching in and makes EQ wayy easier to spam.

And for fun, Dragon Dance + Life Orb puts it at 770 Attack after one free turn.

tl;dr This is going to be awesome :D

ugh, I hope this is like the Rampardos hype, because otherwise this looks like an extremely offensive metagame. Also, what happened to older pokes getting new evo's? Poor Lanturn :(

^No new evos was confirmed a long time ago.

We do, however, have Electric/Water Rotom, with STAB Hydro Pump to boot. If it keeps levitate...it has a single weakness to grass.

well I just realized that the pure Flying legendary will probably be completely outclassed by the Electric/Flying legendary...kinda disappointing for such a cool typing. Are there any advantages of pure-flying over electric/flying? The only one I can think of is that it won't be weak to EQ if it roosts.

The problem I see is that sure you can switch in Skarm on it, but what the hell are you going to do once you have it in? Most physical attackers can't touch Skarm so it's free to get up spikes as they switch out. If you roost and it gets you with EQ you're finished, and I'm sure it'll have something to wear you down with in the meantime. If you whirlwind it, it'll just be back later once Skarm is out of the picture. If Forry switches in on EQ, it is 2HKO'd. Same happens to Nattorei. Losing your physical wall to a physical attacker 1 on 1, regardless of whether you get a layer spikes up is not good. The only 2 pokes I can think of off the top of my head that can take this thing out without having to revenge it are Gyara and Warubiaru, and to me that presents a problem.

This is of course all theorymonning, but still. And it's gonna be hell if this thing gets taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)