Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Realized I'd gotten the multi-battle statue at some point (with one of the computer trainers), in addition to the double- and triple-statues, so during the last few days I decided to complete the set with rotation and singles.

Mission accomplished. Since the previous statues were accomplished cheese-free (even in triples, were I used a Battle Spot team instead of Surf spam), I wanted to forgo the easy Entrainment Durant + setup sweeper method in singles and find a real team that could get through.

Singles wound up being the hardest for me by far--possibly because there's little room to make up lost ground, possibly because I almost never play it and was stuck repurposing Pokemon built for other competitive formats. Either way, Aegislash, Garchomp and Kangaskhan wound up getting the job done, but there were a lot of close calls toward the end.

tl;dr -- Nothing remotely record-breaking here, but I'm pleasantly surprised I was able to snag all five statues at any point, especially without breeding a specialized team for singles.

Last edited:
Just got the Super Triple statue to add to my Singles and Doubles ones. Team for the 50th ended up being:

Greninja | Garcomp | Talonflame
Rotom Heat | Azumarill | Aegislash

Back to Doubles now with my updated team of:

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker | Adamant | 6hp, 252atk, 252spe
Earthquake
Drill Run
Iron Head
Rock Slide

Mega Salamence @ Salamencite
Intimidate | Naive | 6atk, 252spa, 252spe
Hyper Voice
Flamethrower
Protect
Double Edge (may swap for Earthquake at some point)

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Stance Change | Quiet | 252hp, 6atk, 252spa
King's Shield
Flash Cannon
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Huge Power | Adamant | 252hp, 252atk, 6spe
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Play Rough
Knock Off

Going to try and smash my previous streak of 100 - let me know if there are any glaring issues I am missing :)

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So my Singles streak cracked 200 wins, which was kind of my initial goal. It's still ongoing, so we'll see how long I can stretch that. Now I'm starting to theorycraft a team for Doubles. Maybe you guys can look at it and lemme know if there's any glaring problems with it I'm missing.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Fake Out

Good ol Mega Khan, here to just muscle it's way through teams.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31/0/30/31/31/31
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Taunt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Protect

Solid poke overall. Can prevent Tailwind by just outright killing the fliers that carry it, or Prankster Taunt. Prankster Taunt also prevents Trick Room leads from setting up.

Heatran (?) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
IVs: Currently soft resetting for one, trying for flawless.
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Substitute
-Earth Power
-Protect

Tons of resistances that let it switch in on many attacks. Particularly useful if it can switch in on enemy fire attacks to activate Flash Fire. Honestly, just a fan of Fire type in general, so wanted one on my team. Since I'm currently trying to get one, I figure it'd be cool to use it.

Gengar (?) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
IVs: Haven't bred yet, obviously planning for 31/xx/31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect

Another solid poke that is able to switch in on a lot of stuff. Specifically wanted to switch in on Fighting moves targeted at Kangaskhan, and having Levitate to avoid Earthquakes aimed at Heatran is also nice. I also just really like the idea of giving the enemy the middle finger and taking them down with me with Destiny Bond.

Nothing terribly gimmicky or tricky. Just kind of an overall "throw good stuff at them until they crumble" team.
The complete lack of spread moves is going to help you in some instances and hurt you in others. Maybe EQ on Megakhan, since you happen to have a Levitator and a Flier on hand anyway? I also see that your "until they crumble" strategy is going to have to carry you past Water/Grounds (who happen to pop up quite frequently post-50) and Ace Trainer Bunny--while specially bulky 'mons are her thing, there are enough physically bulky 'mons thrown into her roster to make trouble for Megakahn if she's your primary answer against said trainer. Good to see you have multiple ways to deal with stallmons though.

Posting a streak of 1 wins in XY Super Singles.

Mamoswine @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows

Mamoswine softens up the team, and often can sweep on its own due to its super strong Fakespeed. Thousand Arrows achieves perfect neutral coverage. Everything else is self-explanatory.

Zapdos @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Zapdos can often sweep entirely after just one boost. With priority, you don't have much need to run speed. Sub is great for protecting from status.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield
- Diamond Storm

Coil is a great move that patches up Diamond Storm's shaky accuracy. This thing is extremely bulky after just one boost, and very few physical attackers can take it on after several.

The loss occured due to a Barbaracle that dodged Thousand Arrows with Bright Powder and proceeded to set up Shell Smashes and Double Teams. Even though most of the moves on the team could OHKO it at that point, none of them hit. Looking at the back-ups, (Chesnaught and Noivern,) the battle would have easily been won had I been able to take out the Barbaracle with Tyranitar or Mamoswine. It's a sad thing to see such a long streak come to an end, but all must eventually. I hope someone will be able to replicate this daunting feat before Sun and Moon's release.
That's too bad, sometimes the evasion hax will give some opponents really great days though (just ask the Swoobat trio at Mauville Ramen Noodle Shop)...
...you know what? Now I have the awful urge to get rolling on creating a Barbaracle1 Imperfect (and maybe Chesnaught1, while I'm at it). Curse you and you encouragement of humorous/horrible ideas!
Mission accomplished. Since the previous statues were accomplished cheese-free (even in triples, were I used a Battle Spot team instead of Surf spam)
Interesting, hoping you get the chance to post that Triples team at some point, am always curious how BS teams fare within the Maison confines.

Ames, what made you opt for the oven over the washer?

My Triples streak (posted HERE) is now at 186, and I've come to realize that Aerodactyl4 is arguably the biggest threat to my team--outspeeds everyone before Tailwind, and while that's fine if he takes out Talonflame (who is designed to be a suicide setter anyway), as a center lead he's a conundrum--sometimes he favors the type advantage over Talonflame and targets him, other times he favors Greninja's slightly lower Defense ("Ben" has 87, SamiClone has 81) and stops Mat Block instead, and occasionally he opts to bust Bisharp's Sash with EQ (so that his partners can then it out). Confusing bastard, that bird is. Thankfully, because it's so determined to use Stone Edge it has shot itself in the foot a few times due to the accuracy issues, and if he targets Talonflame he's good as gone by Turn 2. Plus, it seems like every time it pops up, one of its teammates is something that is best dealt with via Brave Bird, which means I'm stuck deciding between maintaining "Ben"'s primary role and turning it into an actual offensive presence.

On the other side of the coin, I've been blessed to have Dewgong4, Meganium4, and Cradily4 pop up numerous times too. Battles get just a little easier with those mooks running around. Also, Weezing4, who since appearing at Battle #138 has become a regular presence. Probably my most hated opponent to see now (despite the fact that it's merely the next step above a non-issue with this current team), I now get to savor isolating it, then bringing in Sylveon and actually putting Misty Terrain to use. Poor bastard...

Will hopefully be posting Battle #200 by tonight.

EDIT: Battle #199: vs. Cyril (Bouffalant/Arcanine/Magmortar/Volcarona/Vaporeon/Heracross) (Set 4) -- the first Set 4 trainer I ever encountered just misses out on hitting an important number. Oh well. ZXLW-WWWW-WW3Q-W4BL
Battle #200: vs. Rosalind (Aurorus/Nidoqueen/Ampharos/Toxicroak/Tyrantrum/Skuntank) (Set 4) -- my second-ever Lansat battle is up against, appropriately enough, the trainer class I've most obsessed over since this "Maison vs. Maison" research began. MX9G-WWWW-WW3Q-W4CL

Okay, now I'm focusing on my research for real (for a while, anyway)...I hope to list my entire 101-200 run for comparison purposes at some point.

Last edited:
The complete lack of spread moves is going to help you in some instances and hurt you in others. Maybe EQ on Megakhan, since you happen to have a Levitator and a Flier on hand anyway? I also see that your "until they crumble" strategy is going to have to carry you past Water/Grounds (who happen to pop up quite frequently post-50) and Ace Trainer Bunny--while specially bulky 'mons are her thing, there are enough physically bulky 'mons thrown into her roster to make trouble for Megakahn if she's your primary answer against said trainer. Good to see you have multiple ways to deal with stallmons though.
I initially had Heat Wave on Heatran, but holy shit, Heat Wave's 90% accuracy drives me insane. I swear it misses as often as Focus Blast. Earthquake might be a good idea, I had initially designed the Kanga set before I had settled on Gengar for the 4th mon, and didn't want to have a move that became useless if Thundurus switched/died and Heatran entered the field. I was also considering Double-Edge over Return, since it has Drain Punch to heal off the recoil, but Earthquake would probably be overwriting Drain Punch in that case.

Interesting, hoping you get the chance to post that Triples team at some point, am always curious how BS teams fare within the Maison confines.
Sure. I can't remember all the EV spreads, as I made the team quite a while ago and no longer have a copy saved on Showdown for easy double-checking, but I'll post what I know. I don't know how long this could keep its streak up, since I find Maison a little too boring to go for long ones, but it is at more than one-hundred with no signs of stopping:

Front

Kelceon @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
-Fake Out
-Feint
-Trick Room
-Foul Play

--This guy is the threat (doubly so on Battle Spot). Kecleon's one of the few useful Pokemon with access to all three of Fake Out, Feint and Trick Room. It's nearly impossible to OHKO (I'm actually not sure if anything in the Maison can do it--maybe one of the stronger Focus Blasts). Between this and Smeargle, you'll either get Dark Void or Trick Room up. Feint breaks guards and acts as a useful +2 priority (more useful online than in the Maison in that regard), and Foul Play offers some offense.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Quiet Nature
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpDef (???)
-Fake Out
-Water Spout
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere

--A mid-speed Trick Room attacker. The team as a whole runs in sort of a mid-speed Trick Room range, which is fairly ideal for Battle Spot Triples, as you can safely outspeed hard TR teams (not like anyone runs them over 1600) but take advantage of TR against fast modes. The team carries some fast Pokemon in the back for flexibility as well, though given that one of them is Talonflame, the only one disadvantageous to have out in Trick Room is Landorus. Fake Out helps get setup going (it's slow, but Smeargle demands fire be drawn toward it anyway, for the Dark Void threat, or else they waste two moves doing Quick Guard + Safe Guard or something, and you still get TR up), Water Spout hits hard once you have speed control or the opponent is asleep, and the last two moves offer coverage and can hit opposing corners if you can maneuver Blastoise into another spot later in the game.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Speed/4 Def
-Fake Out
-Dark Void
-Wide Guard
-Safegurd

--It's f*cking Smeargle, one of the best supporters in Battle Spot Triples. It offers a reasonably fast Fake Out--and in the Maison, the Fake Out options between the three are usually all I need for my preferred setup--but in the event a faster Fake Out is on the field on Battle Spot, or an obvious Quick Guard, I'll just Dark Void away. Wide Guard is generally amazing and, though somewhat expected on Smeargle on Battle Spot, something to be wary of. Safeguard I barely ever use in the Maison, but it's there for opposing Smeargles and Amoonguss, which can otherwise be a pain.

Back

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: ??? (I'd have to look these up again, but it's nothing crazy; 252 SpA, but I can't remember what I calced against or the defensive stats)
-Hyper Voice
-Moon Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock

--It's Sylveon. 99% of the time in the Maison, it's just going to be Hyper Voice-ing. It has three other moves for fun.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Knock Off

--Basic Landorus. Just a good thing to have in Triples if Trick Room goes down late game. Occasionally it'll lead on Battle Spot, but that obviously doesn't apply to the Maison. Intimidate is nice.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
EVs: 44 HP/252 Attack/188 Speed
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Sleep Talk

--DAMAGE

Last edited:
My Triples streak (posted HERE) is now at 186, and I've come to realize that Aerodactyl4 is arguably the biggest threat to my team--outspeeds everyone before Tailwind, and while that's fine if he takes out Talonflame (who is designed to be a suicide setter anyway), as a center lead he's a conundrum--sometimes he favors the type advantage over Talonflame and targets him, other times he favors Greninja's slightly lower Defense ("Ben" has 87, SamiClone has 81) and stops Mat Block instead, and occasionally he opts to bust Bisharp's Sash with EQ (so that his partners can then it out). Confusing bastard, that bird is. Thankfully, because it's so determined to use Stone Edge it has shot itself in the foot a few times due to the accuracy issues, and if he targets Talonflame he's good as gone by Turn 2. Plus, it seems like every time it pops up, one of its teammates is something that is best dealt with via Brave Bird, which means I'm stuck deciding between maintaining "Ben"'s primary role and turning it into an actual offensive presence.

On the other side of the coin, I've been blessed to have Dewgong4, Meganium4, and Cradily4 pop up numerous times too. Battles get just a little easier with those mooks running around. Also, Weezing4, who since appearing at Battle #138 has become a regular presence. Probably my most hated opponent to see now (despite the fact that it's merely the next step above a non-issue with this current team), I now get to savor isolating it, then bringing in Sylveon and actually putting Misty Terrain to use. Poor bastard...

Will hopefully be posting Battle #200 by tonight.

EDIT: Battle #199: vs. Cyril (Bouffalant/Arcanine/Magmortar/Volcarona/Vaporeon/Heracross) (Set 4) -- the first Set 4 trainer I ever encountered just misses out on hitting an important number. Oh well. ZXLW-WWWW-WW3Q-W4BL
Battle #200: vs. Rosalind (Aurorus/Nidoqueen/Ampharos/Toxicroak/Tyrantrum/Skuntank) (Set 4) -- my second-ever Lansat battle is up against, appropriately enough, the trainer class I've most obsessed over since this "Maison vs. Maison" research began. MX9G-WWWW-WW3Q-W4CL

Okay, now I'm focusing on my research for real (for a while, anyway)...I hope to list my entire 101-200 run for comparison purposes at some point.
Hmm... on matter of Ptera 4... I used my Focus Sash on Kirito (Gekkouga/Greninja), but you used it on the main actor. Hmm.... That prehistoric annoying bird is indeed a confounding thing to face often, although it has never targeted my middle artillery and only used Stone Edge on the side supporters. The AI seems to be a little smarter that they will take out anyone if they think they can OHKO it, making some decision making necessary. I have ran afoul of Scarfed Electric Pokemon that targets my middle artillery instead of the more obviously weak to Electric ones like Fiarrow/Talonflame or Gekkouga too.

When speed threats come, though, at times using Protect instead of supporter's Mat Block can be useful too. For me anyways, just as long as middle actor is fully healthy as Tailwind sets in, but....

Ames, what made you opt for the oven over the washer?
I was actually using MegaMence in the spot but the Oven was a switch made almost solely for the Chatelaine battle - it was the only poke I could think of off the top of my head which resisted all of her own STABs (except Rock Slide on Regirock) AND still had a powerful attack for dealing with Registeel, Regice and Articuno if needed making it a great gluemon for my haphazard team. I also needed something which could freely switch in to Earthquakes. It will probably change when I return to Triples.

(Also, the Washing Machine is one of my most hated "pokemon" >.>)

<Annasayshi> jesus christ
<Annasayshi> fuck hurrrrrrrrnadus
<Annasayshi> articuno2
<Annasayshi> thank god i went back to gliscor after kanga fainted
<Annasayshi> uhhhh
<Annasayshi> shit this battle is going to hell very fast
<Annasayshi> cuno stalled gliscor out of all its protects
<Annasayshi> it only used three sheer colds
<Annasayshi> it's at 6% health and is toxiced
<Annasayshi> and it has just ko'd gliscor
<Annasayshi> do i go for calm mind
<Annasayshi> or scald?
<Annasayshi> i think i have to go for calm mind
<Annasayshi> it went for mind reader
<Annasayshi> what's the third poke?
<Annasayshi> zapdos
<Annasayshi> oh god
<Annasayshi> this is horrible
<Annasayshi> as much as i hate to say this
<Annasayshi> i have to pray this is set 2
<Annasayshi> it's set 1
<Annasayshi> it got a low roll on thunderbolt
<Annasayshi> it needs a 25% roll to kill
<Annasayshi> i can go for scald twice
<Annasayshi> wait i can't
<Annasayshi> this is horribly stressful
<Annasayshi> i need it to get a low roll on thunderbolt
<Annasayshi> and for me to get a high roll on scald
<Annasayshi> i live with 4 hp
<Annasayshi> 252 SpA Magnet Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +2 196 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 84-98 (42 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (i was at 96 hp)
<Annasayshi> i made a mistake by not calm minding before my icy wind
<Annasayshi> only a high roll will save me now
<Annasayshi> i need like a 25% high roll
<Annasayshi> holy shit
<Annasayshi> i critted
<Annasayshi> i should not have won that battle
<Annasayshi> my god
<Annasayshi> that scared me half to death
<Annasayshi> my heart rate is going too fast
<Annasayshi> and I forgot to save the replay

Yet another battle i shouldn't have won.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Posting a streak of 1 wins in XY Super Singles.

Mamoswine @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows

Mamoswine softens up the team, and often can sweep on its own due to its super strong Fakespeed. Thousand Arrows achieves perfect neutral coverage. Everything else is self-explanatory.

Zapdos @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Zapdos can often sweep entirely after just one boost. With priority, you don't have much need to run speed. Sub is great for protecting from status.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield
- Diamond Storm

Coil is a great move that patches up Diamond Storm's shaky accuracy. This thing is extremely bulky after just one boost, and very few physical attackers can take it on after several.

The loss occured due to a Barbaracle that dodged Thousand Arrows with Bright Powder and proceeded to set up Shell Smashes and Double Teams. Even though most of the moves on the team could OHKO it at that point, none of them hit. Looking at the back-ups, (Chesnaught and Noivern,) the battle would have easily been won had I been able to take out the Barbaracle with Tyranitar or Mamoswine. It's a sad thing to see such a long streak come to an end, but all must eventually. I hope someone will be able to replicate this daunting feat before Sun and Moon's release.
Fuck, I just can't, I fucking can't, shit

I think the "1 wins" sells it harder than the illegal movesets, this is just too good

I decided to say "1 wins" because people might think I was actually trying to get a serious submission with hacked mons if I made it an outrageous figure like 9001. 1 was decided on as the number because a) it helps clear this up that this streak is obviously fake and b) the idea of a hacked team losing so early has always made me laugh a bit inside.

Hmm... on matter of Ptera 4... I used my Focus Sash on Kirito (Gekkouga/Greninja), but you used it on the main actor. Hmm.... That prehistoric annoying bird is indeed a confounding thing to face often, although it has never targeted my middle artillery and only used Stone Edge on the side supporters. The AI seems to be a little smarter that they will take out anyone if they think they can OHKO it, making some decision making necessary. I have ran afoul of Scarfed Electric Pokemon that targets my middle artillery instead of the more obviously weak to Electric ones like Fiarrow/Talonflame or Gekkouga too.

When speed threats come, though, at times using Protect instead of supporter's Mat Block can be useful too. For me anyways, just as long as middle actor is fully healthy as Tailwind sets in, but....
adding to this:

i too have found the same is true for aero4. the leads i was using were greninja/blastoise/talonflame. aero4 never targeted blastoise because it has no supereffectives and turtle has naturally higher def/sdef, so when aero4 was in the middle it was a toss up between frog and bird, usually hitting bird. bird still got tailwind off because of gale wings, and frog could still mat block since focus sash was on it. after slightly panicking a couple times cuz i lost bird, i stopped caring when i realized that that trainer has no other fast threats and is quite weak to grass and water, and one of my backups was serperior. fast water spout + leaf storm cleared out those battles really quick.

plus seeing multiple fast electrics was also scary for me, but 1 at a time wasnt too bad :P

Thanks for the previous advice on the thread I was able to get my first triple figure run.

Lost at 108 wins in Super Doubles

Nothing particularly original in the team. Nabbed the Aron lead and after one run of using Cresselia as a Trick Room setter decided to use Greninja and really like that combo. Amazed me just how many times Aron would end up surviving as things attacked Greninja instead.

Aron (Sturdy, Berry Juice)
Endeavor
Protect
Swagger
Toxic

Greninja (Protean, Life Orb)
Timid, 252 Spe, 252 Spa, 4 HP
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse
Mat Block

Sylveon (Modest, Pixie Plate)
252 HP/ 204 Spa / 46 Def. / 8 Spe.
Hyper Voice
Psyshock
Protect
Shadow Ball

Mega Khan (Scrappy)
Jolly, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Fake Out
PuP
Sucker Punch
Return

Loss: Choice Band Darmantian was a bad lead for what with it outspeeding Greninja and having no safe swithces in but I misplayed at least twice more where I could possibly have won if I'd protected and let the enemy take residual damage off its own attacks.

Loss: H3XG-WWWW-WW3P-ZQS8

Now to work out something useful to do with the shiny timid Cresselia I got off GTS. Anybody got any suggestions?

Smuckem

Choice Scarf Darmanitan, you mean.
I've rolled with a Cress set of Trick Room/Moonlight/Psychic/Moonblast when trying out my first serious TR teams. Mental Herb as its item works for me, although I'm playing Triples and simply have more Taunt users to worry about--for Doubles, and with FEAR Aron in place to take stuff, you might be better served with Lum Berry or Leftovers. You also seem to have better coverage than that specific team did for me, so Psychic will be mostly unnecessary in your case (support move of your choice, honestly).

On a mostly unrelated front, I've created an Imperfect of the beast that ruined HeadsILoseTailsYouWin's life:

BM0 (Barbaracle) (M) (Lvl.50) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/31/3-5/26/31
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double Team
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell

Will fill in the imperfect IVs later. Just know that my custom Set 1 squad (to also be named later) has found a suitable replacement for my Starmie1 Imperfect (who, unfortunately, sucks as a set overall). Death to BH!

Last edited:
"ruined my life"
Uh what

I hope you realize that post was a complete joke, I never actually even constructed the team on-cart (I don't have a powersave or anything to modify mons), I just took some mons in my BH team, converted them to maison-friendly and legal sets, and looked through the list until I found the first thing with Bright Powder that could beat the mons I picked. One of the reasons for no battle video in that post is because the battle never actually happened.

Sarcasm doesn't always translate well over the Internet I guess.

Also, my streak hasn't been added to the leaderboard yet? :(
Just wondering...

Smuckem

Indeed, I figured out the "complete joke" part almost immediately--if one is a regular at the Silly Things You've Seen in OM thread, there is much joking to be had, I suspect. Excellent work being done over there, btw. Apologies for any confusion.

Side note: I also made an Imperfect Barbaracle4 while I was at it--non-31 Def, but whatever.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
ORAS Super Doubles streak of 370 incoming

(F) @
, Sassy, Overcoat

EVs: 252|0|212|0|44|0 / IVs: 31|xx|31|31|31|0
Psychic | Helping Hand | Shadow Ball | Trick Room

(F) @
, Gentle, Sturdy
Lv.1 Stats: 12/6/6/5/6/5
Tackle | Endeavor | Toxic | Protect

(M) @
, Quiet, Static -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252|0|0|252|4|0 / IVs: 31|xx|31|31|31|0

Dragon Pulse | Volt Switch | Protect | Thunderbolt

(F) @
, Quiet, Stance Change

EVs: 252|0|0|252|0|4| / IVs: 31|31|31|31|31|0
Shadow Ball | Sacred Sword | King's Shield | Flash Cannon

I made this team up of leftover 'mons from VGC 2014, which is exactly why they all have suboptimal EVs. I just left the EVs as they were and changed some items and moves around; I put Flash Cannon on Aegislash, Shadow Ball on Reuniclus (it had Reflect which wasn't helping, Shadow Ball at least helps in the event of double ghost leads) and Volt Switch + Thunderbolt on Ampharos. Even with Aegislash not functioning that well in Trick Room thanks to Stance Change, the Air Balloon trolls the AI like hell for some reason and having a teammate that functions better without Trick Room helps if Reuniclus goes down and Trick Room ends.

Reuniclus's item has cycled between Sitrus Berry and Mental Herb. Mental Herb seemed nice on paper to block Taunts, but without Sitrus Berry, spread moves brought me into two consecutive close calls, while without Mental Herb, Taunt has never brought me into a close-call match because it's not like Reuniclus is Taunt bait anyway.

I won't be sharing any replays (excluding losing battle for streak proof) because they're all bog-standard Aron shit. Pretty boring.

Losing battle

J7WG-WWWW-WW3Q-6C9H

I lost due to a fucking misclick. A fucking. Misclick.

Threats

Misclicks!

Okay, but really, spread moves and Taunt. There's no 100% fix to either (aside from running Aromatisse) but it helps that Sitrus Berry improves longevity against spread moves and you can play around Taunt if you need to.

Conclusion

Calm the fuck down, Aron!

Been doing some Sneasel theorymon during the multitude of boring battles with Kangliscune. Here's roughly my train of thought[commentary in brackets]:

<Annasayshi> time for more sneasel theorymon
<Annasayshi> is 68/220/220 the best sneasel spread? (with 31iv hasty def)
<Annasayshi> the things its tailored for are lickilicky4 boom and blaziken1 flamethrower
<Annasayshi> you can actually drop 24 spdef EV's and put 20 hp instead
<Annasayshi> why you would do that i don't know
<Annasayshi> since it's not like you have a place for those extra 4 ev's [min defense hasty is run to maximise counter damage usually]
<Annasayshi> 180 sdef/36 hp gives the same effect
<Annasayshi> those are the only two points you can hit
<Annasayshi> while supposedly 0/68/220/220 [hp/atk/spd/spe]
<Annasayshi> 20/68/196/220
<Annasayshi> 36/68/180/220
<Annasayshi> are all the same
<Annasayshi> with the third spread
<Annasayshi> you can afford to run 23 - 25 defense ivs hasty
<Annasayshi> to maximise counter damage
<Annasayshi> Landorus4 is a weird thing
<Annasayshi> it could be bad
<Annasayshi> as all four of its moves ohko sneasel
<Annasayshi> eq hammer arm and explosion cause landorus4 to faint
<Annasayshi> but u-turn causes the switch-in to faint instead [this is somewhat good and somewhat bad in theory, as landorus shouldn't explode on either durant or drapion until eq pp runs out, but by then you've seen 2/3 of their team and if landorus falls then 2/3 of their team is down and you can just go to durant if safe and entrain them]
<Annasayshi> 36/12 jolly causes u-turn to fail to ko at certain times
<Annasayshi> but is it worth using 36/60/12/180/220 with jolly perfect
<Annasayshi> over 36/68/0/180/220 with hasty 24 iv?
<Annasayshi> probably not
<Annasayshi> as landorus 4 shouldn't choose u-turn enough to matter in the first place [it has 4 moves it could choose from]
<Annasayshi> and the utility of 24 iv hasty is too good to ignore

So this lead to Sneasel V2 for Durant teams:
Sneasel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 68 Atk / 180 SpD / 220 Spe [run 4 defense if 23 iv's]
Hasty Nature
IVs: Anywhere from 23 - 25 def
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Taunt
- Counter

This is similar to the previous Sneasel, except it distributes the EV's more efficiently.

Smuckem

(F) @
, Sassy, Overcoat

EVs: 252|0|212|0|44|0 / IVs: 31|xx|31|31|31|0
Psychic | Helping Hand | Shadow Ball | Trick Room
Fuck yeah, VGC Sitrus users in the Maison!...sorry, Sitrus holders get a man excited and such.

HeadsILoseTailsYouWin, "shouldn't" has an odd tendency to not apply for some certain sets--in your experience, roughly how often has Landorus4 gone for the U-turn?

All of this is theorymon - I've never actually used Sneasel yet(Ask Adamant Zoroark about his experiences with Sneasel in the maison). But at most it's a 1 in 4 chance for it to use U-Turn as it does less damage than EQ. If I ever get a lead Landorus4 on my way to 1000 I'll test the video with Sneasel extensively before implementing it into my strategy.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't face Landorus4 lead from that streak (then again, it ended prematurely due to me being an idiot) but if you really didn't want it to go for U-turn, you'd probably have to EV it specifically to ensure U-turn doesn't get the "OHKO," thus getting it into going for another move (probably either Hammer Arm or Explosion.) It seems difficult to do without compromising the matchup against Blaziken1, and I'm not sure if it's worth it seeing as even if Landorus4 goes for U-turn, you still get a KO on something else with Counter, and then even if it runs out of Earthquake PP against Drapion and explodes, then they only have one Pokemon left and you can just get the Entrainment on it.

Smuckem

So, as previously mentioned I've decided to take a break from Triples to test out various teams and ideas. I've saved replays of all 200 battles (on top of some other stuff from earlier streaks), so I have quite a sample base to work with. I'm curious to see which of these ideas people think would be the most interesting to work on:

- the faux-Scientist team concept, that's still a thing (Magnezone4 & Eelektross4 would definitely be a part of this)
- ToxiCity, a team full of Maison sets with Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Toxic Orb+orb-utilizing moves
- my continuing custom Set 1 squad, with changes being made as suggestions/recommendations are made
- my favorite legendary 'trio' forms a core--Heatran/Cresselia/Regigigas Maison sets make up the leads, plus whoever as backups (the latter can be anyone, Maison sets or otherwise)
- Adamant Zoroark and his Singles threatlist from his most recent run (Walrien4/Yanmega4/Klinklang4/Breloom4/Shuckle4) plus whoever to complete the ensemble
- Mischief by the Wind--a custom Maison team featuring Whimsicott2 as Tailwind setter (as suggested by turskain) HERE

Any additional ideas are welcome.

Also, looking to kinda compare notes--does anyone have any memorable Starf (#100) & Lansat (#200) battles they care to share?

Still planning to list my entire 100-200 run at some point, hope to get back to everyone on that at some point.

Last edited:
So this lead to Sneasel V2 for Durant teams:
Sneasel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 68 Atk / 180 SpD / 220 Spe [run 4 defense if 23 iv's]
Hasty Nature
IVs: Anywhere from 23 - 25 def
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Taunt
- Counter
I'm still not sure what this does differently from Sableye other than give you more of a chance to lose by missing against Evasion items. The other concerns sound decent in theory but if Drapion can make it 3000+ battles without an early Explosion or Flame Body it's probably going to be exceedingly rare compared to something like Absol evading Taunt and setting up a Sub on turn 1.

Smuckem

Posting a completed streak of 200 wins in Omega Ruby Super Triples.

Team Writeup
Update with Addition of Hirota the Sylveon to The Bench
Update with Video Proof of Battles #199-200

So, I was swearing off this thing for a while...but then I brought over several female Kalosmons from X last night to keep growing my Imperfect Legion. By the end of the night, I was hoping to have Imperfect Clawitzer4/Slurpuff4/Gourgeist3-XL. In addition, I was hoping to make something decent for Furfrou & make my own Klefki set. To top it off, I would make my own little tribute to Uphaze's Lvl.1 Taillow and get a little closer to copying his Triples trophy run team. 4211 BP would be more than sufficient to facilitate all this building and creating, right? But I wanted to add a few BP to the count so that I would still have >4200 by the end of the night.

So, back I went into the Maison. And then...
Battle #203: vs. Nigella (Jolteon2/Glaceon2/Umbreon1/Leafeon2/Vaporeon4/Sylveon2)

Turn 1: "Ben" sets up Tailwind, Jolteon2 Thunders him and OHKOs, SamiClone Mat Blocks, Blizzmarck Knocks Off Glaceon2's Chesto, Umbreon1 shoots Blizzmarck with Confuse Ray, Glaceon2 sets up Barrier
Turn 2: Garchomp comes in and EQs immediately, Blizzmarck tries Protect and hits himself in confusion, Jolteon2 Protects, Garchomp KOs Blizzmarck and leaves Glaceon2 in the yellow, SamiClone uses Scald on Glaceon2 and KOs, Umbreon1 shoots him with Confuse Ray
Turn 3: Leafeon2 comes in, SamiClone switches out to BM860, Azumarill comes in. Garchomp EQs and KOs Jolteon2 (hitting Azumarill and bringing her down to 121 HP), activates Leafeon2's Liechi, BM860 uses Ice Beam on Leafeon2 and KOs, Umbreon sets up Curse, don't remember what Azumarill does
Turn 4: Sylveon2 and Vaporeon come in, Garchomp Protects, Azumarill misses Play Rough on Sylveon2, Sylveon2 Calms its Mind, BM860 uses Thunderbolt on Vaporeon, Vaporeon Shadow Balls Azumarill (activating its Sitrus), Umbreon1 shoots BM860 with Confuse Ray. Azumarill falls asleep; I somehow hadn't noticed Leafeon2 using Yawn on Azumarill the prior turn.
Turn 5: SamiClone switches back in for Azumarill. Garchomp hits Dragon Claw on Vaporeon4, BM860 hits itself in confusion, Vaporeon4 KOs Garchomp with Ice Beam, Sylveon2 OHKOs SamiClone with the Moonblast meant for Garchomp, Umbreon1 KOs Starmie with Payback.
Turn 6: Azumarill, still asleep, comes in. Vaporeon4 hits with Shadow Ball, Sylveon2 uses Calm Mind, Umbreon1 does something.
Turn 7: Azumarill still asleep. Vaporeon4 uses Shadow Ball, Sylveon2 KOs with Moonblast. Streak halts at 202.

In retrospect, a combination of playing recklessly, overestimating the opponent early on (was expecting more Set 4s, for some reason), and a couple of Confuse Ray shenanigans combined to cost me. That Jolteon2 Protect was the truning point , I believe--things just kept rolling downhill from there, and mentally I became shaken, which didn't help matters. At the same time, I'm experimenting with so many different things right now that I was subconsciously wanting to lose, I think.

Unfortunately, I'm carrying the SD card with my Battles #101-200 with me (as incentive to get up that 101-200 list that I have mentioned) and thus had no room to save the loss. My 347-win streak with the mostly PokeGen-ed rain team still stands too, so no way to provide photo proof of this 202-win streak either. Still, I actually pushed a hell of a lot farther with this concept that I thought I would, so I'm perfectly happy with the 200 wins I do have proof of.

Time to get back to it...reading through the early 100s pages from this thread, seeing what other craziness I can come up with...the very recent discussion of Landous4 in Singles makes me think I can cobble together a team made from Maison sets that have received extensive analyses/ponderings in this thread. Such a team could include:
- Tyrantrum4
- Victreebel3
- Suicune (all sets)
- Gengar1 (kind of)
and so on and so forth.

In the process of doing this, I have made note of a general rule of thumb that can be applied across all Maison formats--one of those small details you can use to orient yourself when teambuilding & playing:

If turskain says it's a threat, it most likely is.

EDIT: Reading through faith_grins and his Team Blzitzkrieg write-up, what a joy; it's always good to see the oft-laughable first 40 battles get some extended attention. I especially liked the basketball analogy used, even if I don't quite connect the dots & see the parallels.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)