Battle Mechanics Research

Mega Stones cannot be taken or otherwise disturbed, be it through Trick, Knock Off, Thief, Switcheroo or Covet. I don't even think you can Fling them.
That said, what about Embargo and Magic Room? Has anyone tried that?
Both have already been mentioned in this thread, and neither have any effect on a pokemon with a megastone. They don't even prevent the pokemon from mega evolving if they have not already done so.

Probably late to ask this and maybe already answered but it doesn't hurt to check, does Gooey activate behind a sub?

Facts about kangaskhan's mega evolution (tested by me):
2:Moves that switch traits with the target like skill swap cannot be taught to kangaskhan, ergo what would happen if said moves were used remains a mystery.
6: Effects like paralysis through moves like thunderbolt cannot be inflicted by kangaskhan's child.
Any pokemon from that was available in third gen can be taught mimic via tutor. I know its a huge amount of work but this could be used to test moves like skill swap if someone really wanted to know. Obviously this won't be possible till pokemon bank comes out though.

Also I have not tested myself, but I could have sworn someone else on this thread said the exact opposite as you about moves with chances to do something like a status or a stat drop. Are you positive the second attack lacks these chances? What method did you use to test this?

a load of people have said that mega kangaskhans baby doesn't hit on double hit but me and my friend tested it and both the baby and the parent hit twice

Any pokemon from that was available in third gen can be taught mimic via tutor. I know its a huge amount of work but this could be used to test moves like skill swap if someone really wanted to know. Obviously this won't be possible till pokemon bank comes out though.

Also I have not tested myself, but I could have sworn someone else on this thread said the exact opposite as you about moves with chances to do something like a status or a stat drop. Are you positive the second attack lacks these chances? What method did you use to test this?
Just use a skill swap mon in doubles, switch Parental Bond to it and then use it in another pokemon, though considering non-damaging moves have been used only once so far I don't think there's gonna be any big surprises

Facts about kangaskhan's mega evolution (tested by me):

6: Effects like paralysis through moves like thunderbolt cannot be inflicted by kangaskhan's child.
7:As far as I have seen the baby kangaskhan cannot preform critical hits but if anyone can prove otherwise I will update this.

After about 5 minutes of testing with thunder in the rain I got a crit with the second hit, and it also paralyzed. So I can confirm the second hit is capable of doing both crits and chances. I have also noticed that I flinch more often with bite than I would otherwise but I have not kept track to really tell if its because both the second and first hit have a chance to flinch. However I am betting that they do.

I will get a multihit move to test next.

a load of people have said that mega kangaskhans baby doesn't hit on double hit but me and my friend tested it and both the baby and the parent hit twice
I just tried with Comet Punch and double hit, and the baby did not hit at all. This agrees with what everyone except you is saying.

Also i'm pretty sure this has been stated already, but I will reconfirm that there is only 1 miss chance. If the parent misses, then the baby misses, if the parent hits then the baby hits.

Sorry if being stupid but with some of the new changes I was about to get my hopes up (probably for nothing); the type-to-stat conversion hold items (absorb bulb, cell battery, snowball, luminous moss), still don't activate through immunities, do they? Including both type and ability immunities (Motor Drive, Storm Drain, etc.)?
I don't expect much, but I was just being hopeful.

Sorry if being stupid but with some of the new changes I was about to get my hopes up (probably for nothing); the type-to-stat conversion hold items (absorb bulb, cell battery, snowball, luminous moss), still don't activate through immunities, do they? Including both type and ability immunities (Motor Drive, Storm Drain, etc.)?
I don't expect much, but I was just being hopeful.

I remember seeing that sap sipper still activated on powder and spore moves for grass types, despite the immunity (double checked this and it was indeed stated early in this thread), so it is worth a check. Does anyone have those items or the BP to buy them?

I remember seeing that sap sipper still activated on powder and spore moves for grass types, despite the immunity (double checked this and it was indeed stated early in this thread), so it is worth a check. Does anyone have those items or the BP to buy them?
I have the Cell Battery, Electrizer, and an Electabuzz. About to test that soon now.

I have the Cell Battery, Electrizer, and an Electabuzz. About to test that soon now.
Testing now...

Never know how whacky these are gonna work so...

Electivire w/ Cell Battery, Motor Drive

Test 1: Direct Attack:
Heliolisk uses Parabolic Charge, only activates Motor Drive

Test 2: Switch:
Talonflame returns, Electivire sent out, Heliolisk uses Thunder Wave, only Motor Drive.

No Battery, unfortunately. Would have been nice.
Stat-boosting items based on type attacks are not activated/used up under the effects of immunity-giving abilities (Do not know how this works with any other specific ability than Motor Drive w/ Cell Battery. Specific other abilities <might> work? Volt Absorb, Storm Drain, etc. Unlikely based off of this, but still.)

On that note, I assume Luminous Moss and Absorb Bulb act in the exact same fashion, just with different stats from each other?

I just tried using Sky Drop against a Hoppip, and it said it didn't affect it.

Has there been any research into changes to that move?

I just tried using Sky Drop against a Hoppip, and it said it didn't affect it.

Has there been any research into changes to that move?
What you're describing is nothing new, but there have indeed been some changes to Sky Drop- if memory serves, someone reported that a Sky Drop didn't affect a certain Pokémon (I want to say Lapras, but it could've been Metang) due to its weight. I don't recall if there's been any kind of research done into that yet.

What you're describing is nothing new, but there have indeed been some changes to Sky Drop- if memory serves, someone reported that a Sky Drop didn't affect a certain Pokémon (I want to say Lapras, but it could've been Metang) due to its weight. I don't recall if there's been any kind of research done into that yet.
In my in-game playthrough, I had my Hawlucha attempt to Sky Drop a Probopass (Just learned it, wanted to see the animation), and Probopass was "too heavy to lift".

A little known fact about sky drop last gen was that if you used it in rotation battles your opponent could rotate while the pokemon were in the air and the pokemon would get dropped for no damage, while if the newly rotated in pokemon was slower than the pokemon performing sky drop it could hit it with an attack that turn. It might be worth looking into whether or not this is still true. I might do this tomorrow if I have time, but if anyone else is already going to be testing sky drop it should be fairly quick to test this as well.

After about 5 minutes of testing with thunder in the rain I got a crit with the second hit, and it also paralyzed. So I can confirm the second hit is capable of doing both crits and chances. I have also noticed that I flinch more often with bite than I would otherwise but I have not kept track to really tell if its because both the second and first hit have a chance to flinch. However I am betting that they do.

I will get a multihit move to test next.
Ok, I'll update it. Thanks for help with research.

Has anyone tested the amount Sniper boosts crits? Since crits were maxed at 1.5x instead of 2x, the multiplier for sniper might have changed.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone tested the amount Sniper boosts crits? Since crits were maxed at 1.5x instead of 2x, the multiplier for sniper might have changed.
Yes, Sniper is a 1.5 multiplier for CHs. So they now do 2.25x damage.

Testing now...

Never know how whacky these are gonna work so...

Electivire w/ Cell Battery, Motor Drive

Test 1: Direct Attack:
Heliolisk uses Parabolic Charge, only activates Motor Drive

Test 2: Switch:
Talonflame returns, Electivire sent out, Heliolisk uses Thunder Wave, only Motor Drive.

No Battery, unfortunately. Would have been nice.
Stat-boosting items based on type attacks are not activated/used up under the effects of immunity-giving abilities (Do not know how this works with any other specific ability than Motor Drive w/ Cell Battery. Specific other abilities <might> work? Volt Absorb, Storm Drain, etc. Unlikely based off of this, but still.)

On that note, I assume Luminous Moss and Absorb Bulb act in the exact same fashion, just with different stats from each other?
So, it seems the priority is Abilities -> Types -> Items. Such a shame.

And just to be sure: do you need to hit to activate those items? As in, if I use Thunder Shock against a +6 Snow Cloak pokémon holding a Cell Battery or with the Motor Drive ability, will I always activate it, going against all odds? And do these items "absorb" the damage, or do the pokémon still takes full damage?

So I was just updating the page on bulbapedia with these findings on parental bond and I noticed they mention EQ does not hit twice in horde or tripple battles. I was wondering if anyone knows if that applies to double battles as well. I think it should also be tested if this applies to all moves that hit multiple targets, or all moves that hit both allies and enemies, or if its just EQ (which is unlikely, but that's how it's currently stated on bulbapedia).

Can anybody test the following?
-Does Flower Veil prevent stat lowering on the Pokémon itself(ie. if the Pokémon with Flower Veil is Grass-type)? To test this, you might need Role Play or Skill Swap or Forest's Curse. Camouflage also works if bred on Flabébé-line.
-Does Healer user heal itself in singles now? Though that seems to be the likely case, we still haven't got a proper confirmation on that.

I just tested Parental Bond with fixed damage moves such as Seismic Toss. Both hits deal the same damage, so Seismic Toss always does 200 damage at level 100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)