Battle Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Anyhows, time to tally the votes! Feel free to change your votes and let me know if you want to within the next few hours Exploudit, I'll edit the results accordingly. But for now, I'll base the results off the votes where you didn't put yourself first. Oh also I'll flip Yung Dramps's first places where he picked himself with his second places for now, unless he fixes them (or he wrote them in backwards order, idk). Also G-Luke, because of the double comma I'll assume you meant to put yourself second on the Marowak (please correct me if I'm wrong). All of these voting issues aside, the winners are...
Yung Dramps with his Duplica-Ditto,
G-Luke with his Keith-Farfetch'd,
G-Luke with his Otoshi-Marowak and
G-Luke again with his Kiawe-Alolan-Marowak! (pity Luke didn't win any of them on his first slate huh)
Anyhows, slate will be in next post

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Okay, and the slate is...

Regional Rejects
Four Regional birds that have no forms outside of PU. Submission system the same as ever, feel free to submit for as many as you like!
(Oh also my pfp is a shoutout to the awesome new UB Adhesive)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon: Fearow
Battle Bond Name: Skyler-Fearow
Base Stats: 65 / 135 (+45) / 105 (+40) / 61 / 61 / 125 (+25)
Typing: Flying/Fire
Move Buffed: Rage
Move Stats: 50 BP, Fire type, +3 attack if user gets KO with it (Basically Fire type Fell Stinger)
Activation: Switch Fearow in after an ally is KOed or wounded.
Battle Bond Origin: Someone from the anime idk do I look like I care about those gook cartoons lol

Pokemon: Noctowl
Battle Bond Name: Ash-Noctowl
Base Stats: 100 / 50 / 95 (+45) / 110 (+24) / 137 (+41) / 70
Typing: Flying/Ghost
Move Buffed: Night Shade
Move Stats: 80 BP, Restores 3/4x of damage done
Activation: Have Noctowl heal from lower health back to full via any form of recovery, whether it be from an item like a berry or lefties or a move like Roost.
Battle Bond Origin: Ash had a shiny Noctowl in the anime. Ash-Noctowl is inspired by that.

may or may not submit for other two

It's cool Ezaphs, tbh I would have voted for G-Luke anyways :) and sorry for no paying attention again, I'll be more careful next time... Also really cool slate!! I'll try to submit as soon as possible!

Battle Bond Name: Skyler-Fearow
Base Stats: 75 (+10)/120 (+30)/ 65/61/61/170 (+70)

Typing: Normal/Flying
Move Buffed: Drill Peck

Move Stats: Supereffective against Steel and Fire. Sets Tailwind.
Activation: A pokemon on the field raises their stats.

Battle Bond Origin: Skyler trains with his Fearow to become a champion hot air balloon racer. His Fearow used Drill Peck to destroy a missile launcher that was being used to cheat in a race. Now, whenever his Fearow senses someone increasing their power, it gains enormous speed and power to become a true racer.

Battle Bond Name: Aooo-Noctowl

Base Stats: 110 (+10)/50/90 (+40)/86/156 (+60)/70

Typing: Psychic/Flying
Move Buffed: Air Slash

Move Stats: Prevent sound moves like Throat-chop. Gains the effects of Foresight and 100% accuracy.
Activation: A new pokemon enters the field.

Battle Bond Origin: Aurora “Aooo” was a lycanthrope priestess who was guided by the Voices to restore the Fossil Gods. She was given a deaf noctowl to look after and she helped Aooo on her journey and they bonded. Aooo’s victory restored her noctowl’s hearing, but she can still defend against sound-based attacks and has gained mystical power.

Pokemon: Unfezent
Battle Bond Name: Cly-Unfezent

Base Stats: 80/115/100 (+20)/65/95 (40)/143 (+50)

Move Buffed: Air Cutter

Move Stats: Physical. Hazes away opponent’s stat boosts prior to damage. Ignores opponent’s ability. Boosts by 50% if opponent resists Flying attacks.
Activation: A new pokemon enters the field.

Battle Bond Origin: Chloe “Cly” Cooper was one of the most strategically brilliant of all the chosen of the Voices. Yet she was known for rejecting stereotypes and her Unfezent kept her grounded and taught her the importance of being an ordinary person. That someone didn’t need to be what the world saw as “special” to do great things. Now, she can gain the power to overcome abilities, boosted stats and type advantages to show what she is truly made of.

Pokemon: Toucanon
Battle Bond Name: Devin-Toucanon

Base Stats: 80/170 (+50)/95 (+20)/75/75/100 (+40)

Move Buffed: Beak Blast

Move Stats: 20 BP. Hits 5 times. Then burns the target. Does double damage if the opponent connected with a contact move this turn.
Activation: Take damage without fainting.

Battle Bond Origin: Devin Yates was a host of the Voices who avidly collected pokemon. However, he formed a close bond with some of them, including his angry toucanon. Now, she can really unleash the fury by repaying her pain with a lot more in return.

Last edited:
Gosh dang it I was thinking of this before you I just did not know about pet mods XD or the metagame workshop :/ oh well

will edit with a idea later

Alex-Fearow
Activation: on crit
Move stats: drill peck: bp 1.3x on crit
+40 attack +40 spattack +30 speed

wip

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Skyler-Fearow
Typing:
Ground / Flying
Base Stats: 115 / 130 / 65 / 61 / 61 / 120
(+50 HP +40 Atk +20 Spe)
Battle Bond Activation: Land Drill Peck susccessfully
Buffed Move: Drill Peck
Move Changes: 110 BP. 1/3 recoil. Doesn't check accuracy.
Rationale: Skyler is the most notable owner.
Competitive: While facing very high competition from Landorus-T as a offensive Ground / Flying type, Skyler-Fearow distinguishes itself with its much higher speed and access to a much more reliable Flying STAB. While Drill Run is rather weak, nothing like a Groundium Z to smack them back to their Pokeballs.

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Seeing as we've literally got three submissions before this one and two of them are half complete at most, I'm extending the deadline for this slate until we get at least one more. Also I'm in a rush, so my submissions won't have any formatting.

Rico-Fearow
Type: Normal/Flying
Base Stats: 65/150/75/61/61/140
Trigger: Getting a K.O.
Buffed Move: Fury Attack
Move Changes: always hits 4 times, +1 Priority
Rationale: The main Pokémon of a poacher, it goes beserk when it tastes blood.
Competitive: not too shabby

Alexander-Noctowl
Type: Flying
Base Stats: 100/50/90/126/126/70
Trigger: Clearing hazards with Defog
Buffed Move: Defog
Move Changes: Also acts as Haze
Rationale: A Pokémon content with supporting its teammates.
Competitive: A defensive pure Flying type with good utility, definitely viable.

Skyla-Unfezant
Type: Normal/Flying
Base Stats: 80/130/80/130/55/123
Trigger: Gain stat boosts
Buffed Move: Pluck
Move Changes: 90BP
Rationale: Skyla's Pokémon powers up so it may create a bond with her in battle.
Competitive: A viable mixed offensive Flying type, mainly held back by its somewhat lackluster movepool.

Superheated-Toucannon
Type: Normal/Fire
Base Stats: 80/120/90/155/90/60
Trigger: Being exposed to Sun
Buffed Move: Flame Charge
Move Changes: 60BP, gives +2 speed if Sun is active
Rationale: Toucannon already has an extremely hot beak. Exposing it to the sun seems to push that heat over the edge, quite literally engulfing the Toucannon in flames. Don't worry though, its feathers are flame-resistant.
Competitive: A great nuke on sun teams. Overheats and Boombursts from 155 special attack will deal a whole lot of damage, and that's not even considering the possibility of Specs or a Z-Move.

Battle Bond Name: Furor-Fearow
Base Stats: 65 / 150 (+60) / 80 (+15) / 61 / 61 / 135 (+35)
Typing: Flying / Dark
Move Buffed: Pursuit
Move Changes: 60 BP / Decreases the target’s Def by one stage / 20% chance to cause flinching when the target doesn’t switch out
Activation: Furor-Fearow’s HP is reduced to half or lower of its max.
Battle Bond Origin: This particular Fearow has a lot of built-up anger due to being called a “Regional Reject,” so it aggressively and relentlessly pursues opponents who think they can beat it. Once it labels a target, it ensures escape is impossible.

Battle Bond Name: Somnus-Noctowl
Base Stats: 100 / 50 / 80 (+30) / 126 (+40) / 136 (+40) / 70
Typing: Flying / Fairy
Move Buffed: Hypnosis
Move Changes: Accuracy increased to 80% / Can no longer be bounced back by Magic Coat or Magic Bounce
Activation: Cause an opponent to fall asleep with Hypnosis.
Battle Bond Origin: This Noctowl learned to focus its hypnotic waves more accurately after a decade of self-training through using Hypnosis on a mirror. It no longer puts itself to sleep but can easily put almost anyone else into a deep slumber.

Pokemon: Unfezant
Battle Bond Name: Achlys-Unfezant
Base Stats: 80 / 115 / 100 (+20) / 115 (+50) / 95 (+40) / 93
Typing: Flying / Normal
Move Buffed: Echoed Voice
Move Changes: 60 BP / Decreases the target’s Atk and SpA stats by one stage each
Activation: Successfully hit the target with two consecutive Echoed Voice attacks (doesn’t have to be the same target for both hits)
Battle Bond Origin: After being abandoned by its previous Trainer, this Unfezant fell into depression. It never learned why it was abandoned, but the happiest moments it remembers are when it and its Trainer would sing together. When it was just a Pidove, its Trainer would sing some lyrics to a song and it would attempt to sing them back, and they had a lot of fun together. Now, the Unfezant only sings with a gloomy tone, echoing itself like it once echoed its Trainer. When other Trainers and Pokemon hear its melancholy voice, they can’t help but feel remorseful for it, and even aggressive wild Pokemon restrain themselves from attacking the lonely Unfezant.

Pokemon: Toucannon
Battle Bond Name: Ankhiale-Toucannon
Base Stats: 80 / 140 (+20) / 75 / 145 (+70) / 75 / 80 (+20)
Typing: Fire / Flying
Move Buffed: Beak Blast
Move Changes: Now deals Special damage / Has a 50% chance to cause Burn on hit (no longer just from contact with the opponent)
Activation: Successfully Burn an opponent with Beak Blast
Battle Bond Origin: This Toucannon loves warmth so much that it became part Fire-type. Its beak is constantly heated, and other Pokemon often want to snuggle with it on cooler days. The Toucannon is happily willing to share its warmth with anyone, but will use its newfound powers to attack those who want to bring harm to others.

Fearow: Ezaphs, Origin0, G-Luke

Noctowl: Ezaphs, Origin0, Yung Dramps

Unfezent: Origin0, Ezaphs, Sereg

Toucannon: Origin0, Ezaphs, Sereg

Fearow: Ezaphs, G-Luke, Sereg

Noctowl: Sereg, Origin0, Ezaphs

Unfezant: Sereg, Origin0, Ezaphs

Toucannon: Ezaphs, Sereg, Origin0

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
I'm a bit busy right now, but I just remembered that this voting is still open. I'd preferably like at least four people to vote, so if someone else could vote I'd appreciate :] I'll vote tomorrow

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fearow: Orgin0, G-Luke,
Noctowl: Sereg, Origin0, Ezaphs

Unfezant: Sereg, Ezaphs, Origin0
Toucannon:Origin0, Ezaphs, Sereg,

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Fearow: G-Luke, Ezaphs, Origin0
Noctowl: Origin0, Ezaphs, Yung Dramps
Unfezant: Sereg, Ezaphs, Origin0
Toucannon: Sereg, Ezaphs, Origin0

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Even though I'm gonna delay the next slate until Thursday (Halloween theme ooo), I'll poll the votes now as I said I would. Grats to...
Me and G-Luke tied for Fearow! (Anyone who didn't vote can vote on this tiebreaker),
Origin0 with his Noctowl,
Sereg with his Unfezant, and
Me with my Toucannon!

Eve

Bzzt!
Community Leader
Luke wins Fearow!
Here's the slate:

Season Of Spooks
Four ghosties that look ready for Halloween! Feel free to scare your ideas with us.

Pokemon: Gourgeist
Battle Bond Name: Jessie-Gourgeist
Base Stats: 105 (+40) / 140 (+50) / 122 / 58 / 75 / 104 (+20)
Typing: Ghost / Grass
Move Buffed: Trick-or-Treat
Move Changes: Also decreases the target’s Atk and Def by 1 stage each
Activation: Knock out an opponent.
Battle Bond Origin: Jessie had a special Pumpkaboo that was deemed super-sized, which evolved into a super-sized Gourgeist. She developed a powerful bond with it, which persisted even though she temporarily traded it (in anger) which caused it to evolve.

Pokemon: Trevenant
Battle Bond Name: Dryad-Trevenant
Base Stats: 85 / 150 (+40) / 111 (+35) / 65 / 117 (+35) / 56
Typing: Ghost / Grass
Move Buffed: Forest’s Curse
Move Changes: Also decreases the target’s Def and Spe by 1 stage each
Activation: Knock out an opponent.
Battle Bond Origin: This Trevenant has a special bond with the forest in which it lives, where it uses its power to defend the forest from anyone who would try to destroy it.

Pokemon: Mimikyu
Battle Bond Name: Jessie-Mimikyu
Base Stats: 85 (+30) / 120 (+30) / 80 / 50 / 105 / 146 (+50)
Typing: Ghost / Fairy
Move Buffed: Mimic
Move Changes: Jessie-Mimikyu now gains the type of the mimicked move as a third type (if it was not a Ghost- or Fairy- type attack). The third type remains until it switches out.
Activation: Successfully Mimic an opponent’s move.
Battle Bond Origin: Jessie has a Mimikyu which she is bonded with, if only because it despises Ash’s Pikachu and all of the attention Pikachus get. Its hatred strengthens it in battle.

Pokemon: Chandelure
Battle Bond Name: Ingo-Chandelure
Base Stats: 100 (+40) / 55 / 90 / 175 (+30) / 130 (+40) / 80
Typing: Ghost / Fire
Move Buffed: Will-O-Wisp
Move Changes: Also deals damage equal to 25% of the target’s max HP (no effect on Fire-type targets)
Activation: Successfully induce Burn on an opponent.
Battle Bond Origin: Ingo has a particularly strong Chandelure that can destroy trains with its Will-O-Wisp. What’s that? Isn’t Will-O-Wisp supposed to be a non-damaging move? Not for this Chandelure it isn’t!

Last edited:
Pokemon: Gourgeist

Battle Bond Name
: Jack-Gourgeist

Base Stats
: 129 (+ 64)/121 (+ 31)/122/58/75/99 (+ 15)

Typing: Ghost/Fire

Move Buffed: Shadow Sneak

Move Stats: + 2 priority. Supereffective against Dragon. Burns and Seeds opponent.

Activation:
Take damage without fainting.

Battle Bond Origin: Jack o’ the Lantern was an evil trainer who took his Gourgeist and dug into an active volcano in an attempt to find the Distortion World, defeat Giratina and rule over it as its new leader. He fund the way, but Giratina threw him out and Arceus cursed him and his pokemon to wonder the Earth until it is destroyed. Now, when his Gourgeist is reminded of that pain, its grass typing is replaced by the fire of the volcano, its stats increase to outclass every other Gourgeist of every size, it becomes even sneakier to sneak back to the Distortion World and it tries to optimise its ability to fight Giratina again.

Pokemon: Trevenant

Battle Bond Name
: Essentia-Trevenant

Base Stats: 85/120 (+ 10)/109 (+ 33)/65/82/113 (+ 67)

Typing: Grass/Ghost

Move Buffed: Horn Leech

Move Stats: Reveals opponent’s held item. Supereffective against Fighting.

Activation:
A new pokemon enters the field.

Battle Bond Origin: Emma, codename Essentia, used her Trevenant to fight Korrina’s Mega-Lucacio so that she could learn more about mega-evolution. Now, when it sees a new pokemon to investigate, it improves it investigation ability, while strengthening to better fight fighting types, and mega-lucario in articular.

Battle Bond Name
: Acerola-Mimikyu

Base Stats: 60 (+5)/181 (+91)/80/50/105/110 (+14)

Typing
: Ghost/Electric

Move Buffed: Thunderbolt

Move Stats: Identical to Volt Tackle.

Activation: Mimikyu ends the turn with a pokemon on the field having a status condition

Battle Bond Origin: Acerola uses a mimikyu in her trial. When a pokemon suffers a status condition, it is reminded of the power over other pokemon it wielded in that supermarket. It strengthens itself to outclass its role model, gaining the HP and speed of Pikachu’s evolution, copying its typing and signature move, and gaining the attack to better use it.

Battle Bond Name
: Shauntal-Chandelure

Base Stats: 100 (+ 40)/55/90/165 (+ 20)/140 (+ 50)/80

Move Buffed: Hex

Move Stats: Burns the opponent and places a curse on them, without cutting Shauntal-Chandelure’s HP.

Activation:
A pokemon uses an item made of paper (Spell Tag, Weakness Policy)or a pair of glasses (Choice Specs, Wise Glasses, Black Glasses).

Battle Bond Origin: Shauntal uses a Chandelure in her Elite Four team. It also helps provide light for he favourite activities of reading and writing. When others seem to be equipped to do similar activities, it helps her Chandelure gain its inner strength, strengthening its mind with the power of books and its health to shine long enough for Shauntal to work. Its fire strengthens to provide light and it draws on its ghosty powers like in the horror stories Shauntal most appreciates.

Battle Bond Name: Candy-Chandelure
Base Stats: 110 (+50)/55/90/165 (+20)/90/120 (+40)
Move Buffed: Hex
Move Stats: Ghost Type / 95 BP / 100% Accuracy / Priority +1, +2 if the opponent has a status condition
Activation: The opponent makes a priority move (Including if a Pokemon has Prankster).
Battle Bond Origin: Candy has always been quite a trickster, always prepared with a prank or a gaffe. Some people have tried to get a leg up on her, but her Chandelure proves that she'll always get the last laugh.

Battle Bond Name: Cerise-Mimikyu
Base Stats: 55/140 (+50)/80/50/125 (+20)/136 (+40)
Typing: Ghost/Dark
Move Buffed: Feint Attack
Move Changes: Dark Type / 90 BP / 100% Accuracy/ Lowers the opponents Attack by one stage.
Activation: Mimikyu's attack is lowered.
Battle Bond Origin: There once was a little girl named Cerise. On the outside, she appeared to be just like any normal little girl. Cerise, however, harbored ill will in her heart, and her hatred spread to her Pokemon as well. When Mimikyu's attack gets lowered in battle, it lets all the hidden hatred they harbor out, resulting in the Dark-typing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)