Battle Spot - Simple Questions and Answers

Umm... I would like to ask that I have a male Eevee whom I would like to evolve to Sylveon for a cleric. Please tell if he is competitively viable or not, thanks in advance!

Nature: Bold
Ability: Anticipation-->Pixilate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/15
Moves: Wish
Yawn
Stored Power
Curse
PS: It is a level 1 untouched Eevee, so it is having loads of Egg Moves, even if some are useless for Sylveon. And I don't have any good female Eevees, so I will have to turn to my 3/4 IV Dittos to breed good Eevees :o Tried to ask this in the Question thread in Intro Hub, but there is no reply :(

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Umm... I would like to ask that I have a male Eevee whom I would like to evolve to Sylveon for a cleric. Please tell if he is competitively viable or not, thanks in advance!

Nature: Bold
Ability: Anticipation-->Pixilate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/15
Moves: Wish
Yawn
Stored Power
Curse
PS: It is a level 1 untouched Eevee, so it is having loads of Egg Moves, even if some are useless for Sylveon. And I don't have any good female Eevees, so I will have to turn to my 3/4 IV Dittos to breed good Eevees :o Tried to ask this in the Question thread in Intro Hub, but there is no reply :(
There are Ditto giveaways in the Helpful Links for New Battle Spot Players thread so you can breed for a perfect Eevee.

Most bold Sylveon in singles are Rest, Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, and Hidden Power Ground/Fire or shadow Ball with a Chesto Berry, but you can use a cleric one if you want but that one is more situational.

There are Ditto giveaways in the Helpful Links for New Battle Spot Players thread so you can breed for a perfect Eevee.

Most bold Sylveon in singles are Rest, Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, and Hidden Power Ground/Fire or shadow Ball with a Chesto Berry, but you can use a cleric one if you want but that one is more situational.
My team is quite offensive based and are status weak so a cleric will be helpful, but would like to use that Eevee if 15 speed is still usable as a cleric. But is it okay to have such a low speed?

Thanks for your help though :)

I would say no unfortunately.

Get a 6iv Ditto and start breeding. Alternatively I could trade a clone of my bold HA eevee.

Alright, guess it is breeding time again lol
It is too slow even for a cleric, right?
Thanks very much though! :D
I'm not sure on speed tiers but with a 6iv Ditto from someone here, you could get a perfect 5iv in less than 10 eggs I think.

Request one in the WiFi section SQSA Thread or check the signature of a user called Most.

I'm not sure on speed tiers but with a 6iv Ditto from someone here, you could get a perfect 5iv in less than 10 eggs I think.

Request one in the WiFi section SQSA Thread or check the signature of a user called Most.
Got it, is currently checking Ditto Giveaways lol. Grabbing a Ditto is going to help in my Porygon and Rotom breeding too! :3
Thanks for helping out!

Hey that's me
Got it, is currently checking Ditto Giveaways lol. Grabbing a Ditto is going to help in my Porygon and Rotom breeding too! :3
Thanks for helping out!
*Conveniently replying here so you just have to click the link in my signature, in case you haven't found it yet*
Make sure to follow the steps and read the FAQ if you got questions.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has Krookodile a good niche in battle spot single?
Maybe in a core with M-Venusaur?
I really can't see any use for it that isn't massively outclassed by other stuff. According to the PGL, the most common set looks something like this:

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

The only thing this guy has over Garchomp is Intimidate and Knock Off at the cost of lower speed (and all around lower stats in general), and not actually being Garchomp itself (meaning you can run a different Garchomp set yourself, lol).

M-Venu could maybe pair with him OK, since Krook is immune to the Psychic type moves that Venu is weak too, and Venu resists the Fighting and Water type moves that Krook doesn't like, while Krook helps soften physical moves for Venusaur. It's not something I would try myself but I wouldn't totally rule it out...

edit: oh yeah Lando-T is a thing. Don't bother with Krook lol

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ninja'd by overlord #2, who forgot to mention landorus but otherwise completely sniped me .-.

Krookodile has a slight niche as a switch-in to Aegi's Shadow Ball but it's otherwise completely outclassed as a Ground-type by Landorus-T, which has the same ability and almost the same Speed stat, but also has far superior offenses, slightly more bulk, and a better defensive typing. There are also better Dark-types in the format like Weavile and Scrafty (and Landorus gets Knock Off too).

Nah, Ok, I wanted just use something that looks cool to build around since my current team (I have posted it in the Teambuild topic) is very weak.
But obviously Landorus-T and Garchomp are better than Krook, then I will build around an another 'Mon. But I have no ideas.. I have no inspirations. xd

Nah, Ok, I wanted just use something that looks cool to build around since my current team (I have posted it in the Teambuild topic) is very weak.
But obviously Landorus-T and Garchomp are better than Krook, then I will build around an another 'Mon. But I have no ideas.. I have no inspirations. xd
Hahah okey! We and this forum are here to help you with that! :)

Hey, I just acquired a great SR'd Zapdos, but it is Modest instead of the standard Bold nature. What should I change on the set or EV spread to compensate? I'm still thinking of Zapdos as a mostly defensive presence, but are there any notable KO's to get/avoid with a modest nature?

Hey, I just acquired a great SR'd Zapdos, but it is Modest instead of the standard Bold nature. What should I change on the set or EV spread to compensate? I'm still thinking of Zapdos as a mostly defensive presence, but are there any notable KO's to get/avoid with a modest nature?
here's a couple notable benchmarks

108+ SpA Zapdos Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 156-186 (101.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
164+ SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 168-200 (101.8 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
100+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 184-220 (101.6 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Awesome, thanks for that. What about on the defensive side? I'm assuming I still want to run 252 HP to maximize bulk, yeah? Either way, thanks for the response.

Awesome, thanks for that. What about on the defensive side? I'm assuming I still want to run 252 HP to maximize bulk, yeah? Either way, thanks for the response.
yeah max hp & however much def you want is pretty good. if you wanted, you could hit a benchmark in spa, then put max hp and dump the remaining EVs in defense. a bit of speed might be good as well.

I haven't battled in a while but I remember that when I did my team got walled pretty commonly by zapados and genies were running around everywhere. But I've noticed that now there are very few genies and no zapadi. What gives?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't battled in a while but I remember that when I did my team got walled pretty commonly by zapados and genies were running around everywhere. But I've noticed that now there are very few genies and no zapadi. What gives?
Not sure what metagame you're playing but Landorus-Therian and Thundurus are very common (#5 and #7 most used respectively). If your team previously had trouble with Zapdos then you should really make sure you fix that as Thundurus plays very similarly and only gets more common the higher you get on the ladder.

So has zapados just been replaced with thundurus? I'm play ranked singles but I'm only a little over .500 so maybe that affects things.

Hello guys, I wanna build a team and I was wondering if these guys are good. Obviously these 'mons are not in the same team, I must build it yet.

- I was thinking to Sash Destiny Bond Sharpedo, Sharpedo is not the main Pokémon,but I wanna know in which gender of team I can put this guy.

- The second is a troll core lol. Smeargle + M-Slowbro, Smeargle must sleep the opposing pokémon and then it can use geomancy and other moves, for then uses Baton pass. M-Slowbro with Shell Armor can't receiving crits but It's weak against status. So I was thinking to use: Psyshock - Scald (Or another water STAB), Rest and Sleep talk. What do you think about? (I'm already aware that is weak to Taunt users. So, what can i do?)
+

- The I was thinking to build around Feraligatr. Is that guy good? Swords Dance or Dragon Dance?

- Same question for Mega Gyarados.

- Last is a standard Charizard-X. But here is my doubt. Is Salamence better or Charizard-x has still a chance? Can you help me with the core for Salamence or Charizard (depending on the answer)
or

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Hello guys, I wanna build a team and I was wondering if these guys are good. Obviously these 'mons are not in the same team, I must build it yet.

- I was thinking to Sash Destiny Bond Sharpedo, Sharpedo is not the main Pokémon,but I wanna know in which gender of team I can put this guy.

- The second is a troll core lol. Smeargle + M-Slowbro, Smeargle must sleep the opposing pokémon and then it can use geomancy and other moves, for then uses Baton pass. M-Slowbro with Shell Armor can't receiving crits but It's weak against status. So I was thinking to use: Psyshock - Scald (Or another water STAB), Rest and Sleep talk. What do you think about? (I'm already aware that is weak to Taunt users. So, what can i do?)
+

- The I was thinking to build around Feraligatr. Is that guy good? Swords Dance or Dragon Dance?

- Last is a standard Charizard-X. But here is my doubt. Is Salamence better or Charizard-x has still a chance? Can you help me with the core for Salamence or Charizard (depending on the answer)
or
Yo Skyark this isn't much of a simple question so if you have a query like this again I would recommend asking in the Teambuilding help thread next time! (what's with the massive sprites?)

I do like Sash + D-Bond Sharpedo. I usually use something like this:

Sharpedo @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Aqua Jet / Taunt / Ice Fang

Crunch is great one-move coverage with Dark-type spamability. Protect for speed boosts. Obviously D-Bond is there. Then I prefer Aqua Jet since this guy is super weak to priority moves, this at least lets you pick off weakened stuff that can bypass your speed boosts and/or Destiny Bond.. Taunt is good for forcing stuff to attack you so you can D-Bond them, and Ice Fang is good for hurting all those 4x weak guys like Garchomp, Salamence, Landorus etc... I'm not totally sure what makes a good teammate for this (or D-Bond spammers in general) but like I said you need something to beat priority users like Talonflame (unless you have an intact Sash since you can 2HKO it with Aqua Jet, WoW sets beat you though), Conkeldurr, Lucario and Breloom.

I like the idea of GeoSmeargle + M-Slowbro on paper but I can't see it actually working too often. Firstly, for Geomancy you need Power Herb to get it going in one-turn. You definitely cannot rely on an extra turn of sleep to get the boost, but this also means that he can't hold a Focus Sash or Mental Herb meaning he'll either be knocked out before being able to do anything at all, or Taunted and shut down completely. I would actually prefer to run a physically bulky Smeargle with either a Sash or Mental Herb and try to pass Quiver Dance boosts instead, or just go for full Protect+Sub and try to rack up Moody boost to pass:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore / Dark Void
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect / Quiver Dance

Spore is preferred for accuracy but Dark Void hits Grass-types. Baton Pass for getting the boosts to something. Sub passing helps anything. Protect so you can alternate between it and Sub to accumulate Moody boosts, or go straight for the Quiver Dance and pass one of those.

I'm not a huge fan of Feraligatr tbh. It looks cool on paper but I've heard it's underwhelming in practice (full disclosure: I've never used it myself). Mega Gyarados would be my choice, especially after the round of The Next Best Thing where we discussed it. He literally has so many options that I won't bother to list them all, but in terms of DDing I would use:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Substitute

Crunch is so good neutrally that you don't really need your Water-STAB, and Ice Fang is there for the usually threats. Can use EQ over Substitute to hit certain things but protection from status is pretty helpful. ethan06 had a nice mixed set that used Fire Blast over Substitute (and EQ over Ice Fang I think), check out the OP of The Next Best Thing for the link coz it had a specific EV spread that I can't remember.

Both Zard-X and Mence are really good, I really can't recommend either of them over the other. Flying STAB on Mence is super spammable, but Zard's dual dancer (Swords Dance + Flame Charge) is becoming really popular lately. Not sure on cores but Zard X + Serperior is pretty good, and Mence + Thick Fat Mamoswine is popular too.

+

or
Hey i have a few toughts. A good partner for the troll core would be a pokemon with magic bounce, as if you switch it in while opponent uses taunt, they get taunted themselves and can not taunt you again when you go back to smeargle. Espeon is the first pokemon i can think off, because the others i know (mega sableye and mega alakazam) are mega so u can not use them. Another great way to bypass taunt is use whimsicott with taunt yourself. It is the fastest pokemon with taunt so if you lead with it against another taunter you are sure to be first. And whimsicott is a bit off a troll pokemon himself imo with leech seed and prankster.
About mega salamence versus mega charizard x, i would definitely say that salamence is not better than char, it is just different. Mega charizard has a better defensive typing and is immune to will-o-wisp, but salamence has other benefits.

Why is Glalie above Mega Glalie in the viability thread? I understand Moody is allowed, wouldn't that benefit Mega Glalie just the same?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)