Battle Subway

breh

強いだね
The Subway people say such weird things... not to mention Hiker Tapioca. Anyway, I tried running a Sandstorm team with Ttar, Excadrill, and Regirock, and I was up against so many more Machamps, Swamperts, (insert Poke good against Sandstorm team here), etc. than I'd ever seen with a more "balanced" team. Maybe old news, but the Subway builds its teams against you just like the Tower!

I enjoyed defensive Battle Tower teams last gen, I don't see why they wouldn't do ok now.
did you try switching out regirock for reuniclus?

Too bad, really. Would a regular Hyper Cutter Gliscor still work? Since Toxic Orb is gonna be used by Swellow and all...
I don't think they're used at all today anyways, as the Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil have been outclassed by Poison Heal. Sand Veil would be an option in a Sandstorm team, but you'd be better off with Poison Heal.

did you try switching out regirock for reuniclus?
thats the team that i have, t-tar reuniclus and excadrill and i've only tried it in the wifi train but one thing that definitely gets in its way is hippowdon. garchomps can also be annoying but i usually only lose to them because of unlucky sandveil misses. rotom wash is also tough to handle

I don't think they're used at all today anyways, as the Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil have been outclassed by Poison Heal. Sand Veil would be an option in a Sandstorm team, but you'd be better off with Poison Heal.
Bah. Well, that still leaves me with another team member to find. I'd use Landorus, but I don't have the requirement to get it to appear yet. :v

Would a Golurk work, perhaps? If not, I might really have to train a Garchomp, at this rate, and I really don't want to.

Edit: Actually, really all I need is something reasonably fast, and resistant/immune to both Electric and Fighting. Or, resists/immune to one type and can reasonably take a hit from the other type. Anything other than obvious Gliscor and Landorus?

Yeah I had a Sandstorm team of T-Tar, Garchomp, and Excadrill, worked well until I faced Hippowdons, especially when they had Curse... I guess swapping Chomp for Reuniclus doesn't seem like a bad idea, but we'll see. Time to breed a Bold Solosis...

I'm doing really well at the time with shellbreak cloyster, SD Scizor and CM suicune. I actually haven't lost a super single yet, but I'm progressing slowly and my streak is at 56.

I'm doing really well at the time with shellbreak cloyster, SD Scizor and CM suicune. I actually haven't lost a super single yet, but I'm progressing slowly and my streak is at 56.
My record is 33, but I haven't played in a while, as I'm still making a team. The one that got 33 was just scraped together from Pokemon in my in-game team :P

Yeah on the wi-fi train I was having trouble with electric types so my challenge is on hold till I get to replace Scizor with Haxorus, the Dragon dance version.

Dude a streak a 56 is pretty good d:
The best I got was a streak of 35; lost to freeze hax. -___-

Currently my team has gone from
DualScreens Latias, CS Tran (w/ HP Ice), and RestTalk Umbreon. That was the team I got 35 on.
But then I realized that I was so weak to fighting and all the Battle Girls kept getting on my damn nerves so I switched out RestTalk Umbreon for RestTalk Suicune.
Things were going well, until I figured I can't do anything against bulky waters.
So then I went DualScreens Latias, CS Tran (now with Stone Edge for Vulcarona), and Leech Seed Sceptile d:
It got me to a streak of 20 but I lost to some shit with Ice Beam.
I'm so stuck and Idk what to do. I pretty much gave up for today. But I'm basically trying to maintain this DualScreens thing I got going because it sponges up hits well, but Idk what sweeper to use, or if I should even use one. Any suggestions?

Meh. I haven't tried out my hail team in train yet

Carried by Abomasnow, Starmie (Rolling blizzard just for 100 accuracy. Gimmicky, but just for the occasion) and Typhlosion to a 21 win Streak in supers

Thinking About going Abomasnow, Spikes Froslass, and Mamoswine, Maybe Bright powder Double Team Glaceon with work up, Baton pass and Blizzard instead of Fros as a buff slave and attacker.

Idk Really... Ive been able to 1hitKO alot of things, even a Tyranitar, with Gem Typhlosion

Maybe I should get a sunny day user? A buff slave SubUmbreon since I have never ran into taunt?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
After losing to hax in the early-30s multiple times, I changed my team around and finally made it to 49 wins in Super Single Train and got my trophy. I was originally running a balanced team, but after changing it to Sandstorm, I'm never looking back. I used:

Brave Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch / Stone Edge / Flamethrower / SR

Adamant Excadrill @ Focus Sash <--(key)
EQ / Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Swords Dance

Naive Landorus @ Choice Band
EQ / Rock Slide / Grass Knot (for Cursers) / U-Turn

The major problem is 356 | Mamoswine set with EQ & Ice Shard... which I can only defeat if TTar and Exca are at full HP, so Tar can take the EQ, hit back, and then have Excadrill finish it.

Gliscor, Donphan, Hippowdon, <insert Def-EVd Ground/Fighting-type here> are also annoying to Sandstorm, but I found Banded, Sand Force, STAB-boosted EQs from Landorus can punch through just about anything. Landorus is also a great switch from TTar since the AI loves to throw EQs and Focus Blasts his way (which never miss, of course).

Brave Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch / Stone Edge / Flamethrower / SR
Why SR man and what kind of EVs you running? I assume this is just your wifi Tar and dont want to delete SR, or is it to break focus sashers? Something like Protect our EQ seems like it would be way more useful.

Too bad, really. Would a regular Hyper Cutter Gliscor still work? Since Toxic Orb is gonna be used by Swellow and all...
Couldn't you give Flame Orb to Swellow? I assume this is also a problem because you're using item clause or you haven't picked up another toxic orb.

Otherwise, I'd say yeah Sand Veil is the way to go.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Why SR man and what kind of EVs you running? I assume this is just your wifi Tar and dont want to delete SR, or is it to break focus sashers? Something like Protect our EQ seems like it would be way more useful.
Yeah, you were right on. This is my Wifi TTar and I'm loathe to drop SR for Protect, since although it would be much more useful I couldn't relearn SR. Still, it's useful to have a set-up move for breaking Sturdy/Sashers, who could otherwise ruin my sweepers (esp. Excadrill). EV's are max HP with a split of Attack and SpD to avoid 2HKOs from Surfs.

Good evening. Please step in. After you, sir. That reminds me: I have decided to use Cinccino for After You as opposed to Audino.

However, I don't know how to use PPRNG, so could someone give me a step-by-step guide to finding a standard seed to breed with in PPRNG? Because I don't get the program and how to make it come out with the numbers you want.

I'm using the following Cloyster in super singles:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

I realized Jolly + 252 is a bit much, as it outspeeds everything in the subway (after a Smash) with just 224 EVs. So I'm thinking of replacing it and I came up with two alternatives.

1) Adamant, 252 Atk / 244 Spe / 12 HP / 4 Def
This will hit harder, but there are two Pokemon that can outspeed it (Scarf Entei and Scarf Manectric).

2) Jolly, 252 Atk / 224 Spe / 28 HP / 4 Def
This one throws the useless EVs of my current Cloyster into HP and Def to make it a bit bulkier. Will this be useful? My current Cloyster often Smashes as it takes the hit with Focus Sash, so it doesn't really need its bulkyness.

Any ideas on which spread I should use? Should I just stick to the current one?

Aaaargh, I'm using a Sleep Powder+Quiver Dance Lilligant which is AMAZING when it works, but it has HP Grass and I am reluctant to put Dream Eater in over Giga Drain or Petal Dance...it even dies to Unaware WOOBAT. I've found Accelgor is very useful to outspeed enemies at the end of the battle and Me First is useful on Special Attackers. But my secret weapon to rip through enemies is...Stoutland!

Stoutland@Rugged Helmet
Adamant, 252 Atk/126 Sp. Def/126 Def
Intimidate
-Return
-Fire Fang
-Protect/Crunch (alternate depending on whim)
-Toxic

This is the worst nightmare of physical attackers not named Conkeldurr. Rugged Helmet breaks Sash, Sturdy and generally hurts a lot, while Toxic further wears them down and Protect can be used for emergency Toxistall. With Lilligant covering on the Special side and Stoutland on the Physical side, the only problems I face are hax and priority...pity they're common...I've got a streak of 51 from it.

Aaaargh, I'm using a Sleep Powder+Quiver Dance Lilligant which is AMAZING when it works, but it has HP Grass and I am reluctant to put Dream Eater in over Giga Drain or Petal Dance...it even dies to Unaware WOOBAT. I've found Accelgor is very useful to outspeed enemies at the end of the battle and Me First is useful on Special Attackers. But my secret weapon to rip through enemies is...Stoutland!

Stoutland@Rugged Helmet
Adamant, 252 Atk/126 Sp. Def/126 Def
Intimidate
-Return
-Fire Fang
-Protect/Crunch (alternate depending on whim)
-Toxic

This is the worst nightmare of physical attackers not named Conkeldurr. Rugged Helmet breaks Sash, Sturdy and generally hurts a lot, while Toxic further wears them down and Protect can be used for emergency Toxistall. With Lilligant covering on the Special side and Stoutland on the Physical side, the only problems I face are hax and priority...pity they're common...I've got a streak of 51 from it.
You.. you had success with a non-Sand Rush Stoutland? I lol'd

Also, I've very much been wanting to start battling in the Subway for streaks and for a challenge (I already have all the worthwhile Subway items anyway), but I honestly cannot think of a good team. I can't get unreleased Pokes and I can't get some DW Pokes (though I have alot of the good ones), all I need is an idea for a good team.

trying to get 16bp so i can get my speed bracer. on a 18 game winning streak with my eved entei/raikou/vaporeon. lose to a f***ing stunfisk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)