Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SP. Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissors
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Scizor can't even use its last two slots, so IDK what to do with them.
aerial ace and thief both get technician boosted, might as well since hes choiced?

...i didnt realize bug bite is an oras tutor move, its been too long lol. usually the other coverage move ive seen on scizor is superpower, but oras tutor too of course.

and for xurki, energy ball or grass knot. it hits the other grounds that arent hit supereffectively by hp ice. gastrodon, whiscash, things like that. i realize you have bulu, but if you arent tail glowing anyways, its a waste of a slot and bulu doesnt have spread moves for those double ground opponents.

Last edited:
I don't really try in the battle facilities unless it was for BP but since you get a stamp in your trainer passport if you get a 50 streak so I thought I might as well try.

I just got a streak of 49 and lost because I was unlucky/lazy. My team currently is:

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
IVs: 30/31/xx/31/31/31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
IVs: xx/31/31/xx/xx/31
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Mimikyu @ Expert Belt
Ability: Disguise
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / Sp Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

My streak was cut short by a stockpiling Torterra which used Leech Seed and Protect until it could knock me out with Earthquake. I would have won if I had Hyper Trained Tapu Lele since Torterra lived my Psychic with >10 HP. I would have won if Kartana didn't die to a quick claw Steelix just before Torterra came out. So I lost to bad luck on the quick claw and my laziness to hyper train my Tapu Lele and tbf my Kartana too.

I lead with Kartana which usually swept teams until the started to throw out an abundance of fire types which I just switched into Mimikyu to get a free switch in but losing it's disguise which worked out fine 90% of the time. I'm not sure what would have been a better choice of move X-Scissor or Night Slash. But X-Scissor did leave me helpless against Fire/Flying types but I would have never stayed in anyway.

Mimikyu was normally second to come in if Kartana failed/couldn't survive if it got hit, he only really struggled against steel types and defensive walls which both Kartana and Tapu Lele could deal with instead. I chose Shadow Claw over Leech Life on Mimikyu because I thought I'd benefit more with a higher critical hit rate which did help me sometimes but I feel like i would have won anyway since the critical hit just saved it from being KO'd at the end of the battle.

Tapu Lele was always a last resort, I needed a Choice Scarf since fast poison types like Salazzle, Crobat and Gengar just ran through my team otherwise. Besides the IVs I don't think there is much wrong with it and honestly pulled me through quite a few games.

The reason why there is an expert belt on the Mimikyu it was because I had no BP and that's all I had left.

Can anyone make any alterations to the team? I really want to get to 50 but I just don't want to try and fail again with the same team if it's not good enough.

Mimikyu @ Expert Belt
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / Sp Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
Have you considered a Z-Crystal for it?

I've been using one and it deals a surprising amount of damage at +2. Your pick between Fairium Z and Ghostium Z - Higher Power vs Coverage STAB.

Have you considered a Z-Crystal for it?

I've been using one and it deals a surprising amount of damage at +2. Your pick between Fairium Z and Ghostium Z - Higher Power vs Coverage STAB.
I'll try it out later thanks, I'll get rid of shadow claw for leech life, use ghostium Z and then get rid of x scissor on Kartana for night slash. I'm currently training Kartana and Tapu Lele to level 100 for hyper training.

Finally beat 50 on the Super Multi battles! That's Super singles and Multi down.
Only reason I haven't done doubles is cuz I haven't found a particularly interesting team to use yet (might try Xirkutree + Tapu Koko just for fun lol). Made it with the following:

Greninja@ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Mat Block

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

My partner was Ace Trainer Levi with a Mega Metagross and a Choice Banded Blaziken (with Light metal and Blaze respectively lol..)

The Greninja was honestly not very good, I just couldn't find something to replace it that could handle fire and ghost types that's also very fast. It's nature is Hasty cuz I was trying out some Physical sets beforehand (none were very good lol). Sadly the video for said streak is once again unable to be uploaded..I REALLY don't understand what causes that, cuz I've posted a video using this exact same team beforehand (24BG-WWWW-WWW3-AB7W). The battle went like this:

Turn one they send out Regular Exeggutor and Venusaur. I expected Metagross to bop said Venusaur, but was worried that the Exeggutor might set up a Trick Room (yeah it probably doesn't ever run it, but I've gotten stopped by trick room one too many times lol) so I decide to Dark Pulse it (which I knew wouldn't kill) while Mega Metagross bops the regular Venusaur, and sadly, at red health, I don't flinch the Exeggutor, so he simply Bloom Dooms me to death.
Turn two, Red sends out Charizard as I send out Salamence. Metsgross finishes off Exeguttor with a Bullet Punch, then, fearing an incoming Heat Wave that'd OHKO Metagross, I go straight for Double edge expecting Charizard Y (which would die to said move), sadly it was X, so he lived with a bit of red health as he dragon danced, at which point I thought it might be gg, especially when Blue sent out an Aerodactyl lol.
Turn three, Charizard Dragon Rushes and beats my Salamence, as Aerodactyl, whom isn't actually a mega, simply Stone Edges Metagross, and Metagross Meteor Mashes Aerodactyl to death.
Turn four, I guess Red gave up as he Flare Blitzed Metagross and both went down lol.

IN OTHER WORDS, just like on the video I mentioned before, my partner's Blaziken never hit the field on the battle, so there goes that theory about only being able to post videos with currently released Pokemon ^^; if anyone can tell me why exactly we can't post specific videos, I'd really appreciate it ^^

EDIT: Nvm, it let me post the video I saved 10 battles prior to said battle, in which Blaziken came out :/
PSVG-WWWW-WWW3-CRMB

Last edited:

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry R Inanimate for being unable to finish the race we had, although I'm still willing to have another go with this team and hopefully reach 500 or so.
I'm somehow still alive in my run, but honestly I should have been dead at least 10 times since the point where I reached 200 (currently 350+). I've been getting a few spots of bad luck followed by some ridiculous bailouts.

An example would be having my Salamence get Crit KO'd by Sableye Foul Play, and getting my Aegislash burned because of playing a bit sloppy. I have a Silvally at half HP, and a burned Aegislash. The opponent sends out a Malamar. It should be over... except it's not because I'm lucky enough for it to have Sticky Hold and not Contrary or Infiltrator. I manage to KO it. I have Silvally at about 50 HP as my current active, and Aegislash in the back at around 45 HP, enough for one more Sub. The opponent sends out Scrafty. It is Scrafty 4 and it shows Intimidate. I'm able to win with what I have by escaping with Parting Shot, getting a further attack drop with King's Shield, switching Silvally back in, and hitting Scrafty with Toxic. I end the battle with an Aegislash at 4 HP and burned, but alive to see another day.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bank pls come soon I like ESpeed. Oh well, the extra coverage doesnt hurt.
While for something like the battle spot, leaving home without Extreme Speed feels very wrong, in the Maison (and now Tree) I'm partial to Fire Punch even when the option is available. Usually there's less need for the priority against AI sets, and the coverage (and ability to avoid locking into Outrage against certain Grass-types) is really convenient.

Congrats on 100!

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really like that Lucario set and want to give it a try. How did you get Vacuum Wave on that thing, cause serebii is telling me only Hitmonchan is learning it by lvl up in Sun and Moon and can breed with the Lucario family :/
Smeargle can sketch Vacuum Wave from Scyther and breed with the Lucario-line
Honestly I didn't even know about any of that. I just got lucky on the GTS when I was working on completing the Dex and got a Riolu breedject with both Bullet Punch and Vacuum Wave. [:

hello i am here to bring you all a skype log of me arguing about shit i probably shouldnt be getting so worked up over regarding AI hax in the battle tree! My Contributions Are Worthwhile

[12/23/16 8:26:56 PM] dude: I would use dragonite as my lead but I feel like the battle tree would hax me and I'd see a bunch of weaviles
[12/23/16 8:27:00 PM] Altissimo: but in singles that wont work because ai is dumb
[12/23/16 8:27:31 PM] Altissimo: it's never been proven conclusively that the AI counterteams for the record, you are free to believe me or not but I'm just stating fact
[12/23/16 8:28:08 PM] dude: proven conclusively like global warming proven conclusively or ?
[12/23/16 8:28:23 PM] Altissimo: theres no evidence to suggest it does at all
[12/23/16 8:28:26 PM] Altissimo: unlike global warming
[12/23/16 8:28:38 PM] dude: what about anecdotal evidence
[12/23/16 8:28:43 PM] Altissimo: thats the thing
[12/23/16 8:28:46 PM] dude: a lot of people test it by say
[12/23/16 8:28:49 PM] dude: bringing sand teams in
[12/23/16 8:28:58 PM] Altissimo: its easy to find people using conformation bias
[12/23/16 8:29:16 PM] Altissimo: but when people start to mark down the actual incidence of certain pokemon/trainers they fight, the distribution reveals no tendencies
[12/23/16 8:29:19 PM] dude: test # of ground/rock/steel types appearing
[12/23/16 8:29:53 PM] dude: if it wasn't a thing before, I think it is a thing now
[12/23/16 8:29:55 PM] Altissimo: i dont ever recall seeing data that is statistically balanced in a direction suggesting the AI chooses its mons based on yours
[12/23/16 8:30:01 PM] Altissimo: I dunno about the tree because i havent played it
[12/23/16 8:30:08 PM] dude: specifically because my first battle tree run saw increasing numbers of steel types
[12/23/16 8:30:28 PM] Altissimo: But from experience it never bothered me in Maison and I have a streak of over 500 in singles, and streaks of 200 in each oft he other modes
[12/23/16 8:31:34 PM] dude: pretty much everyone else believes in AI hax
[12/23/16 8:32:22 PM] Altissimo: and lmao rotations AI is so retarded i find it hard to believe it'd know how to counterteam elsewhere
[12/23/16 8:32:38 PM] Altissimo: like i sit with klefki against stuff that could kill me if it stayed in and attacked constantly with the same move
[12/23/16 8:32:40 PM] Altissimo: and the ai rotates
[12/23/16 8:32:58 PM] Altissimo: or uses stupid attacks
[12/23/16 8:33:32 PM] Altissimo: also doubles where i used a level 1 aron and the ai consistently, always went for aron and not the other mon on the field
[12/23/16 8:34:14 PM] Altissimo: On 12/23/16, at 8:31 PM, dude wrote:
> pretty much everyone else believes in AI hax

most of the people i've seen who do have no background in actually paying attention to their games
[12/23/16 8:34:20 PM] Altissimo: and often low streaks
[12/23/16 8:34:26 PM] dude: On 12/23/16, at 8:31 PM, dude wrote:
> I remember this was a pretty big argument with you like a year ago (he is referring to this)

[12/23/16 8:34:30 PM] dude: that didn't send
[12/23/16 8:34:38 PM] Altissimo: people who DONT believe in ai hax often have like a ridiculously high streak which i mean, should say something
[12/23/16 8:34:41 PM] Altissimo: oh, no, it didnt
[12/23/16 8:34:49 PM] Altissimo: i couldnt remember who i was arguing against. [other person who was OP of the post I linked a minute ago] maybe?
[12/23/16 8:35:06 PM] dude: [other people] and me at least
[12/23/16 8:35:10 PM] dude: all proponents of AI hax
[12/23/16 8:35:23 PM] Altissimo: yall are wrong but whatever lmao

(i finally got sun so maybe i can contribute actual things to this thread in the near future. Maybe)

Thank you for your advice! I actually didn't think of playing defensively in Battle Royal because I wasn't sure if you can get kills with this strategy.
If that's okay for you, would you share the team you used with me?
I didn't prepare any special team for Battle Royal, I just used my Super Single team, the one posted by GG Unit.

Last edited:
I just ran into a Drizzle, Tailwind Pelipper + Mega Swampert lead in Super Doubles, with Walrein and Rocky Helmet Amoonguss as backups. I forget the trainer's name but it is a Chef.
The Battle Tree is not fucking joking around guys.
Swap Walrein for Tapu Koko and you'd have a fucking squad right there though, if anyone wants a Rain spam idea post-Bank.

Unfortunately for the AI, it could not decide between Hail and Rain Dance (Swampert) and wasted multiple turns confusing itself as I blasted the fuck out of it with Clanging Scales.
Z-Moves piercing Protect has been a bitch though.

Streak is at a mere 37 atm, but so far Kommo-o has been a good spread-spammer. Scarf, Specs, Dragon Fang, it doesn't really matter, it gets shit done and bombs SubPunch Scrafty and such.
Kommo-o @ Dragon Fang
Modest, 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Speed
Ability: Bulletproof (all of Kommo-o's abilities are pretty good so use whatevs)

- Clanging Scales
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Focus Miss

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant, 212 HP, 252 Atk, 36 Speed
Ability: Technician

- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Swords Dance / Feint
- X-Scissor

Alakazam @ Alakazamite
Timid, 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
Ability: Synchronize (Trace) [because fuck getting a Magic Guard Abra prebank]

- Psychic
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Primarina @ Sitrus Berry
Modest, 132 HP, 44 Def, 252 Sp. Atk, 76 Speed
Ability: Torrent

- Scald
- Protect
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast

I've just been leading Scizor + Kommo-o and spamming the fuck out of Clanging Scales while Scizor shits on Fairies and softens. Zammy cleans after the Wrath of Kommo, and Primarina is just bulky / strong / great typing and blows shit up.
Team was thrown together as a conglomeration of the first 5 things I impulsively bred and has no actual synergy, strategy, cohesion, and multiple faults. But hey, I have some BP now and this shit is all easy-to-obtain.

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Did some breeding and I now have an idea of what I want from a singles team.

Firstly, I love Garchomp - it's been in my squad since it was first introduced and will continue to be there. He's definitely a must have!

I'm thinking of the following, but my Mimikyu isn't trained yet, so I'm open to suggestions for a lead pokemon. Garchomp is a must have, quite happy with Toxapex.

Mimikyu @ Red Card
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Toxapex @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

I'm aiming to get 50 wins in each battle format for the passport stamps. I've found the other posts from less experienced players really useful when trying to work out what tactics and team to use, so figured I should write up my experience.

I was sure I'd taken this team from somewhere on this thread, but haven't been able to find it - the Dragonite is turskain's set, the other sets seem to be quite common so I'm not sure who came up with them originally. Thanks to all the people who've written about their experiences, it's been very useful when trying to work out what to actually do with the team.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Multiscale
52 HP / 252 Attack / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP / 252 At / 4 SpD
(Had 31 speed IV, so 80 speed which I'm aware is not ideal, but I also didn't know what speeds the various pokemon I was facing had so it didn't seem to matter too much)
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

I got past 50 on my second try, losing at 53, 5DUW-WWWW-WWW3-DL75, after getting status'd to death by a Meganium. I suspect having Fire Punch instead of Roost would have helped deal with it, or perhaps Roosting to get me some more time against the combined Toxic/Leech Seed.

I wasn't checking sets, so I think I got lucky quite a lot during the run, as I often stayed in with Dragonite against leads who turned out to have ice/fairy moves or otherwise made stupid mistakes like trying to Earthquake opponents which were off the ground, poison Steel types and so on.

Most of the time fights were relatively quick - I got either Dragonite or Aegislash set up, depending on who I thought could survive the lead better, and then proceeded to KO everything or most, giving me enough of an advantage to finish . Then there were the other fights, usually caused by me doing something wrong at the start, getting one of my sweepers KO'd and then desperately trying to toxic-stall whatever the surviving sweeper couldn't cope with with Toxapex.

Things I learnt:
  • Don't try to keep Dragonite in on Rock Slide/Stone Edge. Switch out to Aegislash instead. Then switch back, because Earthquake is both common and painful.
  • Continuing to switch around Aegislash and Dragonite to PP stall is really useful, if boring.
  • Toxic stalling with Toxapex was boring, but worked quite nicely for enemies I wasn't sure what to do about. Getting Toxapex to survive through the first stall and then Toxic the next pokemon meant it would be losing HP nicely while Aegislash was still setting up.
  • Alternating King's Shield and Swords Dance when setting up Aegislash is useful for extra turns of Leftovers recovery, and if the opponent is actually hitting King's Shield and taking the drop to Attack it seriously improves your chances of surviving a hit in Blade Forme when it is Sturdy/Sashed/just bulkier than expected.

Got to 86 on super doubles, but lost to a combination of missplay and a team strong against mine. I fought a Latios + Heatram and didn't the Latios had used a white herb, so I went for the heatram, who survived the earthquake despite being at low HP because of a shuca berry and grassy terain.

The video of the battle I lost: DZ6W-WWWW-WWW3-EXRS
aerial ace and thief both get technician boosted, might as well since hes choiced?

...i didnt realize bug bite is an oras tutor move, its been too long lol. usually the other coverage move ive seen on scizor is superpower, but oras tutor too of course.

and for xurki, energy ball or grass knot. it hits the other grounds that arent hit supereffectively by hp ice. gastrodon, whiscash, things like that. i realize you have bulu, but if you arent tail glowing anyways, its a waste of a slot and bulu doesnt have spread moves for those double ground opponents.
Thanks for the suggestions. Tail Glow actually ended up being useful a bunch of times, all against the curse ferrothorn and I had no other way to deal with it, so I'm keeping it, but I'm changing the scizor.

Last edited:
Whats the best EVs for Toxapex in the Tree? Most I've seen on here seem to be entirely focused on Def and the odd 4 in Sp Def. Is this just because it functions better as a physically defensive wall or that the common threats are less likely to be specially defensive?

Seems like a cool 'mon and I'm looking forward to using it. Just bred one and just wondering how best to train it.

Whats the best EVs for Toxapex in the Tree? Most I've seen on here seem to be entirely focused on Def and the odd 4 in Sp Def. Is this just because it functions better as a physically defensive wall or that the common threats are less likely to be specially defensive?

Seems like a cool 'mon and I'm looking forward to using it. Just bred one and just wondering how best to train it.
Psychic / Electric are primarily Special based, while Ground is mostly physical. So yeah, it does wall physical mons better in general, and the things that hit hard specially are either walled by tying (Fire, Fairy, Grass, Water) or something you do NOT leave Toxapex against (Alakazam, Magnezone).

Ok, I realize I misplayed in this doubles battle, but the hax was also strongly against me :)

Take a look, and try not to laugh!

XA6G-WWWW-WWW3-E79H

------------
In other news, I've finally hit 50 in super singles with a squad of assault vest Golisopod, mega Metagross and Rockium Z Garchomp.
I've found not many people are using Golisopod in singles and this is a serious oversight! I've built my team around him as he's very, very bulky and powerful, and has nice priority.
I'll post more about the team when I lose.

I have just reached streak 100 and still going with this team:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Spe / 4 Def / 4 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Here's the video: BWHW-WWWW-WWW3-ED4R

I figured I should stop lurking and contribute a bit. I'll preface this by saying that I'm very new to the more in-depth and competitive scene of Pokemon. Post-game S/M recent, even.

I've messed around with various pokemon in singles. Golisopod is a very impressive choice, with First Impression doing a huge amount of damage and often getting two uses. I could see Assault Vest being great on it. Toxapex is an immovable object, I don't think it's ever died for me. Unfortunately, catching Regenerator Toxapex has proven to be a true test of patience, and I didn't breed for Haze, so it wasn't too useful. I eventually opted out of Golisopod as well, in order to stick with the much suggested Dragon / Fairy / Steel core, which has been serving me well.

I'd like to point out that this team is a combination of sets from this thread, advice from users in this thread, and just highly common ability sets for the pokemon. Even just getting to this point took a lot of effort though, and the current team is a direct result of advice from this thread.

I was previously struggling to get past the 20s in Super Singles. I'm currently in high 30s with the current team:

Garchomp @ Life Orb:
Jolly, 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Sand Veil

Swords Dance
Outrage
Fire Fang
Earthquake

In early streak battles, Garchomp can often sweep teams just with SD > Outrage. If there is a Pokemon that could even potentially have an ice move, switch to Metagross immediately. Outside of Ice moves, which typically annihilate me, Garchomp has only ever died to an Exeggutor2 Leaf Storm on Grassy Terrain, which was just disrespect on my part, as well as a turn 1 Dragon Pulse from a Goodra1 (31.3% to OHKO). It seems Dragonite and Salamence are the popular alternatives here, but haven't tried either.

Mimkyu @ Fairium Z
Mild, 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Play Rough
Swords Dance

Mild nature is a result of me being too lazy to breed for Jolly. The free set-up turn from Disguise should let Mimikyu deal with almost any one threat of your choosing. The Fairium Z was chosen just to give Mimikyu a solid nuke, and has been useful a handful of times, though admittedly I'm considering alternatives. Mimikyu is probably my least used Pokemon, but still very valuable in certain situations. Any of the Tapus could be good alternatives, Fini in particular for Misty Terrain, but I don't like using them personally - as I have yet to get the Tapus to 100, or to collect bottle caps.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Bold, 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Clear Body

Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

Mega-Metagross is incredibly frightening to almost all of the pokemon that Garchomp is not, which makes it a fantastic switch-in. There's not much else to say about this set, as it's very straightforward. If you get a +Atk proc from Meteor Mash, Metagross can quickly ruin the entire enemy team. The biggest downside of Metagross is 90 accuracy on all of it's abilities except Bullet Punch. For this reason, I've considered swapping him out, but being my favorite Pokemon, I'm a bit biased. Aegislash or Celesteela are suitable alternatives, though I don't own Aegislash.

I haven't run into too many issues so far with this composition thus far, but when I finish my run with this team, I will be back with updates. I like this team because none of the pokemon are particularly hard to obtain, and there is only one BP item used, which is not completely necessary. BP is hard to come by at first, because you lack good items which makes winning and getting BP harder. Also, in my case, I prioritized breeding and bought a Destiny Knot and most of the Power items early on.

The goal is to hopefully help someone out in some way, but if anyone has any suggestions for this team let me know.

I'm thinking of the following, but my Mimikyu isn't trained yet, so I'm open to suggestions for a lead pokemon. Garchomp is a must have, quite happy with Toxapex.

Mimikyu @ Red Card
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
You could try that item on Mimikyu but I would be surprised if it does a lot for you. If you do try it, let me know how it goes. I personally ran Life Orb for a while and then switched to Fairyium Z. I can't say for sure which is the better one but I do like that I can use Twinkle Tackle and its accuracy makes it feel safe and reliable. The set looks standard and good otherwise.

I finally was able to beat Red and Blue in Super Multis! Now I'm through with the Battle Tree! Many Thanks go to DK Quagmire, whose awesome team
helped me a lot! I find it strange that the battles against Red and Blue are somewhat easier than the previous battles. At least, I think that. The only
big problem I had was when I battled Red the very first time in Super Singles. After that, I didn't have such a tough time anymore.

Here's the code: YFSG-WWWW-WWW3-CQKM

Furthermore, I beat the Master Rank of Battle Royal! But I somehow... accidentely won the battle. I did some stupid moves
but in the end I was able to prolong the battle so far that I could rack up two KOs and then use Chansey's Substitute, to
keep her alive. I initially thought I lost the battle and I was surprised when I actually did win it! And here the Many Thanks
go to onmyoji, who gave me a great team suggestion!

But, alas, I get the error message when I try to upload it. I won a second time after this battle (and this time deliberately) but I
can't upload this one, too.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Run is over at 449. Satisfied with how long the run went, even though I misplayed pretty badly to lose battle 450.

Battle 450 was vs Guzma. I KO'd his Bisharp, and Silvally got KO'd by Pinsir. I switched in Salamence and got Crit through -5 Atk by Mega Pinsir Thrash through confusion because I forgot that it doesn't have EQ, then in a 1v1 with an Aegislash behind a Sub vs Honchkrow I locked into using King's Shield moments before realizing that that was not a good idea because one of them had Dark Z, so it broke my Sub through Protect, then Swaggered me to death. I'll write a report about the team as a whole in another post.

I just fought a Breloom that had a toxic orb, but doesn't have toxic heal. I checked to see if Breloom learned guts, he doesn't. /psyduck face I don't even know anymore. Yeah I lost to Benji the Cop, I should have not been too scared off by his Tyranitar's EQ and switched in Aegislash because Tyranitar was only going to spam Rock Slide. Then I could have used Sacred Sword to get a KO, then Swap back in Salamence, mega evo return then I could have won. Oh well at least it's due to my mistakes rather than RNGesus saying "no you lose now."

Last edited:

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
I just fought a Breloom that had a toxic orb, but doesn't have toxic heal. I checked to see if Breloom learned guts, he doesn't. /psyduck face I don't even know anymore.
Battle Tree mon abilities are random. You can end up with dysfunctional stuff like Thick Fat Flame Orb Hariyama as a result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)