Here's the teams Dexio and I used:

Kommo-o @ Kommonium-Z
188 HP/68 SpA/252 Spe
Mild - Bulletproof

Clanging Scales
Safeguard
Close Combat
Flamethrower

This is a different Kommo-o from the one I posted about originally, I had to rebreed for the right IVs. Clangorous Soulblaze was more powerful than I thought it would be. Safeguard was mostly for slower status-oriented Pokemon (like that Nidoqueen who always uses Flatter first turn), but since Espeon had Magic Bounce to take care of itself I didn't end up using the move much.

I love Bulletproof as an ability.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Adamant - Swarm
252 HP/100 Atk/52 Def/104 SpD

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
X Scissor
Roost

I'm considering switching X Scissor for Aerial Ace or Bug Bite to make better use of Technician. If I try again with Dexio I'll probably use Bug Bite instead.

The EV spread could probably also be optimized more. I didn't take into account the base Defense change after Mega-Evolution. I'm gonna put those EVs into attack before I use Scizor again.

Espeon @ Expert Belt
??? - Magic Bounce

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Grass Knot
Dazzling Gleam

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
??? - Shell Armor

Psychic
Surf
Blizzard
Trick Room

I'm glad that he only set up Trick Room when it would actually benefit us.

Unfortunately, I lost a little after taking that picture due to misplay on my part. I might try again later, though! For now I think I'll go after Super Singles next.

I'm just curious but is there any actual proof about that there is some "modifications" on battle tree that even 90% accuracy moves seem to fail sometimes 3 times in a row or is it just bad rng? I'm not mad or salty, just curious. I've had my share of really good luck too like hitting Hydro Pump in a drought to +2 evasion enemy through confusion.

But yeah this bad luck was about Jellicent-1 v.s my Tapu Lele. Nature's Madness (90% accuracy) failed 2 times before it did hit (1/100 chance to fail 2 times in a row). And yesterday when other opponent had Blizzard during hail it did freeze my Chansey 2 times (1/100 chance to freeze 2 times in a row also).

I've had my share of really good luck too like hitting Hydro Pump in a drought to +2 evasion enemy through confusion.
I think you answered yourself there.

Human brain tends to only remind unfavorable events, but you proved yourself how RNG is RNG on both sides.

(Also it's well known that 95% accuracy means 95% chance to miss don't quote me on this I totally didn't lose a streak at some point on a icywind miss)

Submitting my first post to the boards here, featuring a finished Doubles streak of 91 wins. Am I happy to contribute to this thread with a bare minimum wins streak? Sure, but I'm also going to try and improve on my mistakes and do this team justice! Without, further ado, here's the squad!

Pests In The Garden (based largely on Worldie's Flower-inspired Team)

First slot is Aromatisse @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: Meh in Attack, 0 Speed
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Misty Terrain
- Trick Room

You can look at Worldie's post here to get an idea of what this girl can do, but I'll just expand on a couple of points here. First, Lum Berry cannot be understated. Aromatisse will go last 9 times out of 10, so having the ability to shrug off sleep or paralysis hax in order to get Trick Room up turn 1 is huge. You'll also be using Trick Room 90% of the time on T1. The only time I ever really found myself doing something different T1 is if I know Aromatis will survive on T2, and there's a serious status threat that would for sure cripple the other active member. Thankfully Aroma Veil stops Taunt on both active members, which ensures outside of a flinch or OHKO that Trick Room will go up. Other than that it uses Moonblast or Psychic on the following turns depending on resistances.

Second slot is Incineroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Brick Break

The first difference from Worldie's team. Whereas they ran Hariyama as their Fake Out user, I wanted something with a little more bulk. Incineroar also has the added benefit of having Intimidate, which can be a huge boon against Mons that require a high roll to OHKO the front 2. Flare Blitz and Darkest Lariat are the obvious STABs, with Flare Blitz having the added bonus of a very high base power already, which gets plenty of unresisted KOs by itself. Leftovers is lopped on to help mitigate any recoil taken. Brick Break may seem like an odd choice here, and it definitely is. My reasoning for taking it over Low Kick or Superpower is that this team can easily get miss out on some essential KOs if the opponent sets up an early Reflect or Light Screen. Not enough that it's a consistent issue, but it's incredibly useful to have the option when the need arises. Also, having a consistent base power against lighter targets is handy as well. Overall I think this is the most flexible moveslot on the team.

Third slot belongs to Vileplume @ Grassium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Speed, near max in SpDef
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Moonlight

This wonderful lady resists or can take a hit from everything that would threaten the frontline. It's also one of my favorite gen 1 pokes, so when I was looking for a team to build around this was the first thing that caught my eye. Dual STAB's are there to threaten a surprising amount of enemies, and Moonlight is there to help keep HP up in the few occasions when it's not being full aggro. Toxic is where I stray from Worldie's set. They run protect, but I wanted something to deal with especially bulky stall sets. Anything with excessive recovery that doesn't get KO'd in one turn by Plume and her ally can reliably stall out Trick Room, which leaves this team in a very bad place if Aromatisse is already gone. Even with max SpAtt investment and Z Energy Ball, I still found myself failing to KO or 2HKO some important bulky water types, which is an issue I might revisit later if I try for another long streak with this team. Honestly in my opinion she's the most fun member of the team to play around when I got the chance to swap her out.

Last but not least is Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP, 220 Att, 20 Def, 16 SpDef
Sassy Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide

When everything else fails, throw Golisopod at it. My other large departure from Worldie's set. I don't think I EV trained correctly since looking back at him now some of the stats aren't where they should be, but this was the intended spread. Plenty of people have used and succeeded with him, so I'll just add my two cents. Emergency Exit is incredibly useful for creating space and controlling tempo, even moreso on a Trick Room team. First Impression is a good tool if he comes out after Trick Room expires, otherwise most of the time he'll be going for the super effective option. Getting forced to switch out when he has yet to move can be a pain, so if I run this team again I'll definitely look at damage calculators to make sure I know when to keep him in vs risking a swap.

Battle Videos

Battle 10 vs. Lass Chan
Shows how dangerous flying types can be against the backline. From what I encountered, Flying, Rock/Grounds with Sturdy, and bulky Water types were the most dangerous threats to this team.

Battle 58 vs. Veteran Dooley
Mawile after a Swords Dance is very hard for this team to deal with, luckily I dealt with the rest if the team fast enough. Also, not the first time I tried to use First Impression after Golisopod had been out for a turn already. Just sloppy play.

Battle 90 vs. Pokemon Trainer Cynthia
I was happy to see Cynthia for my 90th battle, she's one of my favorite trainers in the game. Not much to say about this one. Fake Out on Lucario triggers Steadfast which makes it even slower under Trick Room. Mega Garchomp comes in and could have been a big threat....had it not used Sandstorm. That triggers Emergency Exit which brings Vileplume in at the perfect time to finish off Togekiss. Cleanup from there.

Battle 92 vs. Pokemon Breeder Danby (The loss)
I got past 90 and started playing sloppier. A lot of RNG on this one on both sides. I should have switched Incineroar out sooner to the obvious Hydro Pump from Wishiwashi, but all I got out of him was Fake Out chip damage. Aromatisse and Drampa take turns slapping each other, which Aromatisse narrowly wins and manages to avoid a Hydro Pump. That's about when the game decided it had had enough. I must have rolled above average on Fake Out and Bloom Doom since there's a 87.5-103.9% chance to KO Wishiwashi through Rindo Berry on that. Rolled just high enough to drop it to single digits, and this is where it all went downhill. Rhyperior survives Energy Ball due to Focus Sash, and hits Plume with Payback, triggering Effect Spore, which of course causes paralysis, pushing Rhyperior to go first next turn. Aromatisse KOs Wishiwashi and enemy Golisopod comes out. Rhyperior manages to land Horn Drill onto Plume through the paralysis, and Golisopod lands Rock Slide onto Aromatisse. My Golisopod comes out as Trick Room ends. Enemy Pod lands a Rock Slide which flinches, sealing the nail in the coffin. I could have tried for First Impression onto Rhyperior, but I feel like it was still too far gone at this point.

Pests In the Garden QR code for those who want to try it (looking at you Smuckem)

Last edited:
Submitting my first post to the boards here, featuring a finished Doubles streak of 91 wins. Am I happy to contribute to this thread with a bare minimum wins streak? Sure, but I'm also going to try and improve on my mistakes and do this team justice! Without, further ado, here's the squad!

Pests In The Garden (based largely on Worldie's Flower-inspired Team)

First slot is Aromatisse @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: Meh in Attack, 0 Speed
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Misty Terrain
- Trick Room

You can look at Worldie's post here to get an idea of what this girl can do, but I'll just expand on a couple of points here. First, Lum Berry cannot be understated. Aromatisse will go last 9 times out of 10, so having the ability to shrug off sleep or paralysis hax in order to get Trick Room up turn 1 is huge. You'll also be using Trick Room 90% of the time on T1. The only time I ever really found myself doing something different T1 is if I know Aromatis will survive on T2, and there's a serious status threat that would for sure cripple the other active member. Thankfully Aroma Veil stops Taunt on both active members, which ensures outside of a flinch or OHKO that Trick Room will go up. Other than that it uses Moonblast or Psychic on the following turns depending on resistances.

Second slot is Incineroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Brick Break

The first difference from Worldie's team. Whereas they ran Hariyama as their Fake Out user, I wanted something with a little more bulk. Incineroar also has the added benefit of having Intimidate, which can be a huge boon against Mons that require a high roll to OHKO the front 2. Flare Blitz and Darkest Lariat are the obvious STABs, with Flare Blitz having the added bonus of a very high base power already, which gets plenty of unresisted KOs by itself. Leftovers is lopped on to help mitigate any recoil taken. Brick Break may seem like an odd choice here, and it definitely is. My reasoning for taking it over Low Kick or Superpower is that this team can easily get miss out on some essential KOs if the opponent sets up an early Reflect or Light Screen. Not enough that it's a consistent issue, but it's incredibly useful to have the option when the need arises. Also, having a consistent base power against lighter targets is handy as well. Overall I think this is the most flexible moveslot on the team.

Third slot belongs to Vileplume @ Grassium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Moonlight

This wonderful lady resists or can take a hit from everything that would threaten the frontline. It's also one of my favorite gen 1 pokes, so when I was looking for a team to build around this was the first thing that caught my eye. Dual STAB's are there to threaten a surprising amount of enemies, and Moonlight is there to help keep HP up in the few occasions when it's not being full aggro. Toxic is where I stray from Worldie's set. They run protect, but I wanted something to deal with especially bulky stall sets. Anything with excessive recovery that doesn't get KO'd in one turn by Plume and her ally can reliably stall out Trick Room, which leaves this team in a very bad place if Aromatisse is already gone. Even with max SpAtt investment and Z Energy Ball, I still found myself failing to KO or 2HKO some important bulky water types, which is an issue I might revisit later if I try for another long streak with this team. Honestly in my opinion she's the most fun member of the team to play around when I got the chance to swap her out.

Last but not least is Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP, 220 Att, 20 Def, 16 SpDef
Sassy Nature
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide

When everything else fails, throw Golisopod at it. My other large departure from Worldie's set. I don't think I EV trained correctly since looking back at him now some of the stats aren't where they should be, but this was the intended spread. Plenty of people have used and succeeded with him, so I'll just add my two cents. Emergency Exit is incredibly useful for creating space and controlling tempo, even moreso on a Trick Room team. First Impression is a good tool if he comes out after Trick Room expires, otherwise most of the time he'll be going for the super effective option. Getting forced to switch out when he has yet to move can be a pain, so if I run this team again I'll definitely look at damage calculators to make sure I know when to keep him in vs risking a swap.

Battle Videos

Battle 10 vs. Lass Chan
Shows how dangerous flying types can be against the backline. From what I encountered, Flying, Rock/Grounds with Sturdy, and bulky Water types were the most dangerous threats to this team.

Battle 58 vs. Veteran Dooley
Mawile after a Swords Dance is very hard for this team to deal with, luckily I dealt with the rest if the team fast enough. Also, not the first time I tried to use First Impression after Golisopod had been out for a turn already. Just sloppy play.

Battle 90 vs. Pokemon Trainer Cynthia
I was happy to see Cynthia for my 90th battle, she's one of my favorite trainers in the game. Not much to say about this one. Fake Out on Lucario triggers Steadfast which makes it even slower under Trick Room. Mega Garchomp comes in and could have been a big threat....had it not used Sandstorm. That triggers Emergency Exit which brings Vileplume in at the perfect time to finish off Togekiss. Cleanup from there.

Battle 92 vs. Pokemon Breeder Danby (The loss)
I got past 90 and started playing sloppier. A lot of RNG on this one on both sides. I should have switched Incineroar out sooner to the obvious Hydro Pump from Wishiwashi, but all I got out of him was Fake Out chip damage. Aromatisse and Drampa take turns slapping each other, which Aromatisse narrowly wins and manages to avoid a Hydro Pump. That's about when the game decided it had had enough. I must have rolled above average on Fake Out and Bloom Doom since there's a 87.5-103.9% chance to KO Wishiwashi through Rindo Berry on that. Rolled just high enough to drop it to single digits, and this is where it all went downhill. Rhyperior survives Energy Ball due to Focus Sash, and hits Plume with Payback, triggering Effect Spore, which of course causes paralysis, pushing Rhyperior to go first next turn. Aromatisse KOs Wishiwashi and enemy Golisopod comes out. Rhyperior manages to land Horn Drill onto Plume through the paralysis, and Golisopod lands Rock Slide onto Aromatisse. My Golisopod comes out as Trick Room ends. Enemy Pod lands a Rock Slide which flinches, sealing the nail in the coffin. I could have tried for First Impression onto Rhyperior, but I feel like it was still too far gone at this point.

Pests In the Garden QR code for those who want to try it (looking at you Smuckem)
Congratulations!

I’m going to test out this team. Thank you for posting it!

Record of 147.
My streak finally got ended by me not clicking protect :( against a + Charizard X
Last Battle Battle Code: 9EQG-WWWW-WWX5-RH84

Is there any more Data I Need to provide to get on the leaderboard?
I’m looking at the pictures on my terrible tiny phone screen, so I can’t see the smaller details of your Pokémon. Do you remember the EV sets you used?

I’m looking at the pictures on my terrible tiny phone screen, so I can’t see the smaller details of your Pokémon. Do you remember the EV sets you used?
Yes.
Salamence 252 Atk 252 Speed 4 in Def? Jolly
Sylveon 252 Hp 252 Def Bold 4Spa?
Aegislash 252 Atk 252HP 4Def? Brave

I don't know where I put the last 4 EV's on These pokemon and I am to lazy to look it up Right now.
If U Need to know where I invested the 4 EV's let me know.

Another bit of AI strangeness: Pokemon in Multi battles using Helping Hand when they’re the only Pokémon on their side...

I see what I got wrong

Video of me losing made by me with my smartphone camera ;)
Sweet!

You might have to be patient because the mod has real life things to take care of, so I look forward to seeing you on the leaderboard when they check up on the thread!

Sweet!

You might have to be patient because the mod has real life things to take care of, so I look forward to seeing you on the leaderboard when they check up on the thread!
I just overread the part that I have to add a link to my video.
Isn't that a requirement to get added to the leaderboard?

Yes, but Kiele was pointing out that you won't immediately see your streak added to the board. This is because the moderators who will add you will get to it when they have a chance, but that won't be immediate since the moderators have other things going on in life.

Cool streak! Hope to see more about your Battle Tree experiences.

While not "strictly required", main reason to provide the replay or video of the loss is to show that the streak is legitimate and not invented.

(And also, most of us do still save the replay of losses to check out if they could have been played better anyway)

Is Mega-Aerodactyl worth using in the Maison?

I’m thinking of using it in Super Multis. The AI has Greninja-3 and Golisopod-3.

Is Mega-Aerodactyl worth using in the Maison?

I’m thinking of using it in Super Multis. The AI has Greninja-3 and Golisopod-3.
If you're going just for 50 i assume it's usable. Fast, high enough dmg and coverage to bruteforce prelegend sets.
Seeing you'd have 3 electric weak pokes, you could consider matching it with a lightning rod user... Togedemaru for example ;)

(Art by me)

Reporting an Ultra Sun super doubles streak of 234 wins, using a team of Drifblim / Tapu Lele / Buzzwole / Mega Metagross

HootinBallos (Drifblim) @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 100 Def / 220 SpA / 36 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Tailwind
- Memento
- Rain Dance

Hambagah (Tapu Lele) @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Mr. Greenman (Buzzwole) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life
- Protect

(No special image for this one :psyduck:)
Aranea (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body -> Tough Claws
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Drifblim and Lele are a tried and true lead core that can set up Tailwind's valuable speed control very reliably and dish out tons of damage. Drifblim's spread is courtesy of Eisen, allowing it to: outspeed Manectric4 after Unburden activates; OHKO non-mega Gengar, Medicham, and Bruxish3 with Shadow Ball most of the time; survive Thunder from Magnezone3 and Latios3; survive a Weavile Ice Punch, a non-crit M-Steelix Stone Edge, and "plenty of other stuff". Rain Dance is used to disrupt opposing weather, most importantly allowing Lele to OHKO Tyranitar and other rock-types without the sandstorm special defense boost, as well as weakening fire-type moves which both Buzzwole and Metagross appreciate greatly. Finally, the somewhat unconventional Memento is Drifblim's greatest tool to freely switch in one of my two backlines while severely weakening an opponent. At -2 in both attacking stats, most attackers that would otherwise be threats are instead dead weight, and give my team some more breathing room to focus on something else. Generally, Drifblim should use Memento if it has nothing to hit very hard with Shadow Ball, if it's been knocked down to very low HP, or if it's been hit with annoying status like confusion or paralysis.

Lele's set is very simple, using Psychic and Moonblast as its dual STABs, Taunt to shut down Trick Room setters that cannot be reliably OHKO'd as well as annoying status move users in general (looking at you, Regigigas4), and Protect to keep itself safe while Drifblim sets up Tailwind, stall out turns of opposing field effects, and scout for movesets. It uses Life Orb for a consistent power boost, foregoing a Z-Move due to Buzzwole getting far more mileage out of it. Lele OHKOs an overwhelming amount of mons with Psychic alone, and otherwise leaves things heavily dented for the last two teammates to take care of. Thanks again to Eisen for nicknaming and cloning this Lele for me, as I did not have a Modest one to use. Apart from Psychic Terrain activating Drifblim's Psychic Seed, it also helps keep the rest of the team safe from threatening priority moves like Prankster status and Buzzwole from Talonflame's Gale Wings Brave Bird.

My prized shiny Buzzwole is EV'd to reach 130 speed, outspeeding Manectric4 under tailwind. It is also the slowest team member, ensuring its teammates can move before it to weaken enemies and make gaining attack Beast Boosts easier. Z-Superpower is its bread & butter. The 190 base power move gives it a great nuke that is used to easily start snowballing with Beast Boost, hit through evasion boosts, ignore detrimental contact effects once, and target many bulky fighting-weak/neutral mons that Lele and Metagross have trouble with such as Mega Steelix, Bronzong, and Regigigas. After using the Z-move, Superpower is rarely used again due to its unfortunate stat drops, though it it usually made up for partially by a Beast Boost cancelling out the attack drop. Leech Life is a secondary STAB that provides handy healing and coverage against a myriad of Psychic- and Grass-types. Ice Punch is used for coverage, hitting a good amount of types that its STABs cannot, such as Flying-types like Mega Charizard and Drifblim, though it's very weak if unboosted or not hitting the rare 4x weak. Protect is used to keep Buzzwole safe in situations like opposing Trick Room being up, during which it can bait the attacks of special attackers like Oranguru3, Slowbro4, and other Psychic-types that pose a big threat. It can then often proceed to switch to Metagross, who can take Psychic-type and other resisted special moves very well, stalling out Trick Room even more and allowing Lele to wreak havoc in the meantime. In some cases, Drifblim can sometimes still be alive and set Tailwind a second time. Protect is useful in these situations as well.

Finally, Mega Metagross is a simple, effective attacker under Tailwind with great coverage and nice bulk. Its EVs allow it to be faster than Buzzwole and Lele while gaining a bit of HP for extra bulk. Clear Body before mega evolving makes intimidate teams and the occasional stat-dropping move less of a worry. Iron Head is a reliable and powerful STAB move that hits all fairies incredibly hard and packs a flinch chance, chosen over Meteor Mash for its consistency. Thunder Punch (which was once Ice Punch) allows Metagross to deal with most water types that resist Iron Head, and notably hits Primarina very hard. Stomping Tantrum is boosted by Tough Claws and fulfills the "single target ground move" niche, ending many grounded fire- steel- and electric-types such as Magnezone and Heatran. Protect, again, is necessary to keep Metagross safe in many scenarios, be it stalling out trick room or moveset scouting.

123: 9CYG-WWWW-WWX6-3L49

139: WEDG-WWWW-WWX6-3L4C

190: KMVW-WWWW-WWX6-3L4Y

200: CSJW-WWWW-WWX6-3L4L

235 (loss}: EQ8G-WWWW-WWX6-3L4P

Trick Room: As with most Tailwind-dependent teams, opposing Trick Room is very dangerous. The only Trick Room setters that Drifblim and Lele cannot reliably stop are Oranguru3 and Aromatisse4, but it's also important to watch out for setters that come out later in the match after Drifblim is gone and cannot hit them super effectively with Shadow Ball, or Lele is gone and cannot dent/KO/taunt them. If Trick Room does go up, protect stalling is of the utmost importance.

Tailwind Prevention: Due to Drifblim's great speed after Unburden and immunity to fake out, the only things that can stop it from setting Tailwind are Prankster Taunt from the likes of Tornadus4, Thundurus4, as well as paralysis/confusion. In the case of the former, it is best to simply try setting up Tailwind anyways and target the offending Taunter with Lele, and in the latter Drifblim can only hope to set up Tailwind through immobilizaiton and then memento shortly after to prevent itself from being dead weight.

Opposing Tailwind/Speed Control: Tailwind from the likes of Whimsicott or Mega Pidgeot can be somewhat annoying and pose a threat to the team if facing naturally faster mons. Speed drops from Bulldoze or Icy Wind do not usually matter until it reaches -2, so users of these moves should be prioritized.

Status/Evasion Spam: The AI has quite the fetish for Thunder Wave, and paralysis is annoying to any team. Paralysis and confusion spreaders like Regigigas and Zapdos should be taken care of immediately before they make you waste too many turns doing nothing. Buzzwole's Z-Move should also be preserved to deal with evasion users like Regigigas, Blissey4 (which is OHKO'd even through Chople Berry), and Alolan Muk1.

Contact Effects: Unfortunately, Buzzwole and Metagross both rely on contact moves (barring Z-Superpower) which can trigger the horrible effects of Flame Body and Effect Spore.

Accuracy Drops: I facetiously add this one in lieu of my loss against Gastrodon3, which made Buzzwole miss several crucial Leech Lifes due to -1 accuracy from a Mud Bomb.

I will be trying to get a higher streak with this team in the future!

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
With some help from Eisenherz I believe I have updated all leaderboards through to ExtendedFreezer's post above.

If we missed a streak let me know, or if there are any formatting errors in the Leaderboards!

Keep up the amazing work in this thread guys, its incredibly inspiring to see how you all work together and help each other out!

Just stopping by to report an ongoing streak of 70 wins with my son in SUMO Super multis.

I offered to let him choose the Mega he wanted to use, and he chose Mega-Gardevoir. I believe I posted the team quite a while back, but we hadn't returned to it for a long time after being demoralised when we lost an easy win at battle 42 when he didn't Mega turn one (so instead of Blastoise faking out the Rotom-Wash and Gardevoir 2HKOing it before it could hit Blastoise everything turned sour).

The team is Mega-Blastoise (Modest, Max HP, 200 SpA, Fake Out/Icy Wind/Scald/Aura Sphere) with Thundurus-T in the back on my side (Modest max SpA/Spe, Electroweb/Tbolt (Z)/Sludge Bomb/Protect) and Mega-Gardevoir (Timid, max speed and SpA, Hypervoice/Psyshock/Encore/Protect) with AV Bisharp (Adamant, max attack, near max HP and some SpD, Iron Head/Sucker Punch/Rock Tomb/Low Sweep).

The main premise is to support Gardevoir to throw out as many Hypervoices as possible, usually if you can safely get a couple off that's sufficient to secure things. Apart from excellent defensive switching on both sides, the other main thing is all non-Gardevoir mons having speed control - careful preservation of Gard to allow bringing it back in as the fastest mon is often the overriding priority. I wouldn't say it comes up too often, but Encore almost single-handedly wins some games too, effectively limiting the opponents to one side only (for a few turns at least, often the AI switches out Encore'd mons after a turn or two, but spamming Hypervoice tends to punish those switches quite effectively).

Can't honestly say I would recommend the team, I think there are better options out there, but I'm stuck with it since I allowed my son the latitude to select Mega-Gardevoir. While some battles are as simple as hit Hypervoice twice, many battles feel like an overly intense puzzle of speed tiers, damage calcs, predictions on AI behaviour that are especially fraught before the moveset is determined, and the occasional reliance on 95% accurate moves... But at the same time it's very satisfying when it works out. It's not usually a single opposing mon that's too scary (apart from maybe Gengar with T-Bolt/Energy Ball, Salazzle, which can be immune to Fake Out, carry a Focus Sash and threaten both Gard and Bisharp, and Togemaru with Lightning Rod), but moreso combinations that threaten both leads or a threatening lead paired with a fire type that Hypervoice won't do much to (Heatran back-line instead of Bisharp definitely a consideration, but Bisharp has been very good in particular with Sucker Punch). EDIT: Should add that Char-Y, which seems to come up in the back line most often, is scary regardless of its partner.

Anyways, its nice to be back doing a little battle tree.

Last edited:
Also, how do you save battles before the loss? Save record option? Would have loved to have saved the one where Moltres and Kingdra kept setting opposing weather alternate turns!

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, how do you save battles before the loss? Save record option? Would have loved to have saved the one where Moltres and Kingdra kept setting opposing weather alternate turns!
Between every battle, you can pick "Save record" instead of "Continue battling", this saves the battle video (you can still keep going after saving).

You get Battle Points.
Bottle Caps have nothing to do with the Battle Tree. They can be "bought" with shards or found while fishing. Some NPCs also give you Bottle Caps.
I feel like necroing this to tell you that you can get bottle caps if you get a high enough streak

There are much better ways to get bottle caps as well - even if you don't have a VIP with a 2-star Treasure Hunt, you could always fish them up on the route that leads to the Battle Tree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)