Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Came across something weird and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what the AI was "thinking"?

I'm playing around with a probably non-viable team of Mega Gyardados, Assualt Vest Metagross, and Poison Heal Gliscor (where have you been all my life?). Anyway I just pass battle 20 or so and I apologize for not knowing trainer names as I don't really check sets, but out comes a grandmother looking trainer.

Leads with Shiftry, switch to Gliscor and toxic stall, no big deal. Sends out Primarina, I protect because I assume all water has ice coverage. She immediately switches to Rotom Wash. That's weird, because she chose Primarina to come out, but whatever because Protect fails due to the switch. Hit Protect again to see what Rotom does and she switches right back to Primarina. This time Primarina goes with a Z move, Breakneck Blitz.

Any idea why the AI would double switch on my Gliscor? Both mons had moves that hit Gliscor at least neutrally. Was a relatively easy win, but I've not seen that happen before.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Came across something weird and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what the AI was "thinking"?

I'm playing around with a probably non-viable team of Mega Gyardados, Assualt Vest Metagross, and Poison Heal Gliscor (where have you been all my life?). Anyway I just pass battle 20 or so and I apologize for not knowing trainer names as I don't really check sets, but out comes a grandmother looking trainer.

Leads with Shiftry, switch to Gliscor and toxic stall, no big deal. Sends out Primarina, I protect because I assume all water has ice coverage. She immediately switches to Rotom Wash. That's weird, because she chose Primarina to come out, but whatever because Protect fails due to the switch. Hit Protect again to see what Rotom does and she switches right back to Primarina. This time Primarina goes with a Z move, Breakneck Blitz.

Any idea why the AI would double switch on my Gliscor? Both mons had moves that hit Gliscor at least neutrally. Was a relatively easy win, but I've not seen that happen before.
Was the last move you used on Shiftry Earthquake? The AI can do "resist switches" after you score a KO, failing to recognize that they now have a different Pokémon in. So if you hit Shiftry with EQ, the AI goes Primarina, but sees "they used Earthquake last turn, I can make an immunity switch to Rotom", which is why they would switch to Rotom there despite having Primarina in. But the Rotom was probably Rotom-Wash1, which has Charge Beam as its only attack, ie. Gliscor completely walled it. So the AI recognized that and switched right back to Primarina lol.

(that Primarina doesn't have an Ice move by the way, and if it doesn't roll Liquid Voice, it doesn't even have a Water move)

Without looking, the AI will sometimes switch in a flyer/levitator if you used a Ground move the turn before, even if the Pokémon you currently have out doesn't have a Ground move.

This probably also happens in other cases, but the ground one was relatively common to come across in the past after something with Sturdy and Metal Burst would KO an Earthquake user.
Here's a post I made almost 3 years ago answering that exact same question. Maybe that should've been updated in the OP so we don't have to keep going in circles like this with what should be common knowledge by now. On a related note, somehow we've gone the entire 7th generation without putting a Battle Tree article on the site.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Here's a post I made almost 3 years ago answering that exact same question. Maybe that should've been updated in the OP so we don't have to keep going in circles like this with what should be common knowledge by now. On a related note, somehow we've gone the entire 7th generation without putting a Battle Tree article on the site.
How is a question that pops up for a second time after 3 years "keeping going in circles"? There are definitely a lot of facts/knowledge about the AI that could be usefully collected, like in an article or a dedicated post. But I think adding these directly to the OP would clutter it up more than anything (there's already a lot in there).

As a side-note, an article project was made by Worldie more than a year ago with quite a lot of work put into it, it just never got finalized. Now might be a bit late into the generation for people to really get the utility they could have out of it, but if anybody with experience is willing to take it on, it could still be a nice project for sure.

How is a question that pops up for a second time after 3 years "keeping going in circles"? There are definitely a lot of facts/knowledge about the AI that could be usefully collected, like in an article or a dedicated post. But I think adding these directly to the OP would clutter it up more than anything (there's already a lot in there).

As a side-note, an article project was made by Worldie more than a year ago with quite a lot of work put into it, it just never got finalized. Now might be a bit late into the generation for people to really get the utility they could have out of it, but if anybody with experience is willing to take it on, it could still be a nice project for sure.
Here's something from the OP.
  • Reliable information on AI play, particularly with respect to changes from previous generations, is most appreciated. For example, in the Subway, AI Pokemon started to switch out when Tricked into using a non-damaging move. In the Maison, the AI finally learned to stop spamming status moves into existing Substitutes. An example of a possible change in Sun and Moon where confirmation would be wonderful: In the Maison, the AI wouldn't try to Trick or Switcheroo away Mega Stones that were introduced in XY, but would still try to remove Mega Stones introduced in ORAS. Has this been fixed? (EDIT: Thanks to HeadsILoseTailsYouWin, we have confirmation that the AI will still try to Trick Mega Stones introduced in ORAS)
I guess I'm not considered knowledgeable enough to provide reliable information on AI play or write an article about how the game works lol

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
I guess I'm not considered knowledgeable enough to provide reliable information on AI play or write an article about how the game works lol
I have no idea why you're saying that, especially with this tone. I'm sure most would agree you're definitely knowledgable enough to provide info or write an article about singles. If you wanted to write one I'm sure it'd be very much welcome.

I have no idea why you're saying that, especially with this tone. I'm sure most would agree you're definitely knowledgable enough to provide info or write an article about singles. If you wanted to write one I'm sure it'd be very much welcome.
I don't appreciate the backhanded "about singles" part considering that I understood a game mechanic (one that should occur more often in Doubles since there are twice as many attacks being thrown out on a given turn) 3+ years before you posted about it. I had a solid enough intuition about how Doubles works to point out that using a Pokemon like Gliscor or Chansey in the back row as a win condition while being more offensive with the other Pokemon seemed like a solid strategy, and that certainly seems to have borne itself out as true despite initial objections from the more 'experienced' Doubles players.

If not for the genuinely brilliant and creative teams players like Jumpman16 came up with, I wouldn't have been inspired to play any of this postgame stuff at all, and the community has clearly regressed since then to a chummy, circlejerk type of environment where only the people who post in Discord often enough have their opinions considered valid.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I don't appreciate the backhanded "about singles" part considering that I understood a game mechanic (one that should occur more often in Doubles since there are twice as many attacks being thrown out on a given turn) 3+ years before you posted about it. I had a solid enough intuition about how Doubles works to point out that using a Pokemon like Gliscor or Chansey in the back row as a win condition while being more offensive with the other Pokemon seemed like a solid strategy, and that certainly seems to have borne itself out as true despite initial objections from the more 'experienced' Doubles players.

If not for the genuinely brilliant and creative teams players like Jumpman16 came up with, I wouldn't have been inspired to play any of this postgame stuff at all, and the community has clearly regressed since then to a chummy, circlejerk type of environment where only the people who post in Discord often enough have their opinions considered valid.
I literally cannot believe how asinine your posts are. This is like a whole new level of grasping at straws and attempting to uncover subtextual meanings that were clearly not intended by the authors. If anyone mentions you're good at Singles it's a personal insult because it means you're bad at Doubles (which, btw, you've never touched because you keep saying how much easier it is than Singles). If anyone fails to mention your Singles prowess then that's also a personal insult and suddenly they think you're not "qualified".

And now it looks like you're blaming it on the community. Maybe, just maybe, if every single interaction you've had with someone in this community has wound up in a bitter argument, you may want to consider the remote possibility that the fault might lie inside yourself. Don't push the blame onto a community that operates perfectly well and, for the most part, non-toxically, in your absence.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
I don't appreciate the backhanded "about singles" part considering that I understood a game mechanic (one that should occur more often in Doubles since there are twice as many attacks being thrown out on a given turn) 3+ years before you posted about it.

Well if anything the first part of this post proves exactly the point you were attempting to counter, which is kind of ironic (a point I was not even making in my post, btw): you have no actual experience with playing doubles in Tree. As far as I remember, this kind of interaction (an AI double-switch) never happened to me in a doubles game, the reason I know about it is because I've heard of it from people it happened to in singles. Not saying it can't happen, but it's obviously not as simple "twice as many attacks being thrown out on a given turn" as you're assuming, cause that's not the case.

This adds up with an earlier argument where you claimed the AI didn't care about its partner when going for spread moves in doubles because the doubles AI was the same as the singles AI, but applied to the doubles. This is completely wrong, and anybody with a few hundreds of battles in doubles will know it (there's several in here), and yet you insisted you knew better. Instead of admitting you were wrong, you edited your original message to remove part of the claim, and kept arguing.
You also claimed the doubles AI hadn't been changed for Gen 7, which is also known to be wrong.

You never admitted you had been wrong about any of this, instead you kept arguing, endlessly.

So now that you mention it (I did not), I would definitely have reservations about you writing a guide or an article about doubles AI considering you're willing to not only state but also vehemently argue for things that you actually don't know, because you assume them from your actual singles experience.

Humility doesn't kill, you know.

I had a solid enough intuition about how Doubles works to point out that using a Pokemon like Gliscor or Chansey in the back row as a win condition while being more offensive with the other Pokemon seemed like a solid strategy, and that certainly seems to have borne itself out as true despite initial objections from the more 'experienced' Doubles players.
???????????

I don't know if you suggested this to anybody else, but I have seen 0 objections about Chansey or Gliscor (I don't remember seeing you suggesting Gliscor though). I said it could work every time, wth.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.20.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.21.34 AM.png

the community has clearly regressed since then to a chummy, circlejerk type of environment where only the people who post in Discord often enough have their opinions considered valid.
We're as welcoming as possible to all newcomers on the server, helping with teams, ideas and Pokémon. Meanwhile, about every second message you send insults a person or another, as well as their streaks - yet we've tolerated that for months before you even got warned about it.
Are you really surprised that the people you've been insulting for 2 years while none of them were offensive toward you don't particularly like interacting with you?

Last edited:

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Adding to Eisen's advice, the AI behaviours documented in https://www.smogon.com/ingame/bc/maison_part1 still apply to the Tree AI as well. With some additions: the AI in Tree may now do a resist switch, where it switches in a Pokémon that resists your previously used move - but it only has a chance of doing this if that Pokémon has a super-effective move against your current Pokémon in its moveset. The behaviour with switching in a Levitate/Flash Fire/Lightning Rod/Water Absorb/Storm Drain mon is separate from this and doesn't require the switched-in Pokémon to have a super-effective move for it to trigger, as was the case here.

Re: Tree article, I think the good quality and completeness of the existing Maison articles which mostly apply to Tree as well is a major reason why the interest in making one hasn't been as present. An idea for how to incorporate this existing material into a new Tree article could be "differences between Battle Maison and Battle Tree", as an article that cites the Maison guide and then compares it to known Tree mechanics and explains how the differences affect the format.

I just had the idea of making a Fake Out speed tier list, the ones with a + can be after 51 although they may have only a small chance of appearing, others are before. It's also so the list can be easily made into post 40
Without further ado, here it is:
205 - Lopunny-3 +
194 - Weavile-1
194 - Weavile-3 +
194 - Weavile-4 +
185 - Salazzle-3 +
183 - Ambipom-1
183 - Ambipom-3 +
178 - Raichu-2
176 - Infernape-1
176 - Infernape-3 +
176 - Infernape-4 +
173 - Liepard-1
172 - Mienshao-2
172 - Mienshao-3 +
172 - Lopunny-1
169 - Salazzle-4 +
167 - Kangaskhan-3 +
167 - Kangaskhan-4 +
162 - Togedemaru-2 +
152 - Medicham-4 +
142 - Kangaskhan-1
137 - Toxicroak-1
132 - Medicham-1
132 - Shiftry-2
125 - Mienshao-4 +
122 - Ludicolo-2
100 - Shiftry-4 +
98 - Blastoise-3 +
90 - Ludicolo-2
80 - Incineroar-2
78 - Scrafty-1
70 - Sableye-4 +
63 - Hariyama-1
63 - Hariyama-3 +

[/HIDE

I just had the idea of making a Fake Out speed tier list, the ones with a + can be after 51 although they may have only a small chance of appearing, others are before. It's also so the list can be easily made into post 40
As someone conscious about reasonably creeping FO users when applicable this is greately appreciated. Thank you so much!

Was the last move you used on Shiftry Earthquake? The AI can do "resist switches" after you score a KO, failing to recognize that they now have a different Pokémon in. So if you hit Shiftry with EQ, the AI goes Primarina, but sees "they used Earthquake last turn, I can make an immunity switch to Rotom", which is why they would switch to Rotom there despite having Primarina in. But the Rotom was probably Rotom-Wash1, which has Charge Beam as its only attack, ie. Gliscor completely walled it. So the AI recognized that and switched right back to Primarina lol.

(that Primarina doesn't have an Ice move by the way, and if it doesn't roll Liquid Voice, it doesn't even have a Water move)
That sounds right. I assumed all Rotom Wash had Hydro Pump (again, that's what I get for not checking sets).

Primarina was not Liquid Voice in this case, weird that they designed a set around an ability when the ability isn't a given. I'm guessing that has been discussed in here somewhere already.

Edit: Didn't mean to kick a bees nest. I've been playing Pokemon since RBY, but this is the first battle facility I've used as well as being new to this site. There's a ton of information on this site, I'll probably never learn all of it, and I may ask more questions that seem obvious in the future...

Last edited:
Sets designed around a particular ability are nothing unusual; most Toxic Orb and Flame Orb users, as well as Specs Serperior, were all really designed with that in mind, only to wind up much less threatening 2/3 of the time. On the other hand, we have GolemK2 who gets a Focus Sash to ensure it plays the way it's supposed to regardless of which ability it draws.

On the subject of Fake Out, grouping them by speed is a helpful arrangement when you're in battle and facing down whatever opponents you get. But for the team planning phase, dealing with the gamut at large, a different way of sorting may be preferable...
Salazzle4 (Ultra Sun) - #6 most common set overall, 17.28 projected appearances in a 1000-battle doubles streak
Salazzle3 (Ultra Sun) - #11, 15.56
Kangaskhan4 (Ultra Sun) - #98, 9.87
Weavile4 - #187, 8.17
Weavile3 - #212, 7.88
Ludicolo4 - #250, 7.21
Kangaskhan3 (Ultra Sun) - #252, 7.18
Salazzle4 (Ultra Moon) - #262, 7.01
Infernape4 - #272, 6.91
Infernape3 - #295, 6.51
Shiftry4 - #310, 6.31
Medicham4 - #342, 5.75
RaichuK2 - #374, 5.37
Salazzle3 (Ultra Moon) - #381, 5.29
Kangaskhan4 (Ultra Moon) - #420, 4.47
Ambipom3 - #422, 4.35
Mienshao4 - #469, 3.43
Blastoise3 - #470, 3.38
Sableye4 - #483, 3.00
Togedemaru2 - #486, 2.95
Hariyama3 - #535, 1.83
Kangaskhan3 (Ultra Moon) - #539, 1.77
Mienshao3 - #541, 1.70
Lopunny3 - #560, 1.00
----- These sets can't appear after battle 39 (or grade 39 in Battle Agency) -----
Weavile1 - #585, 0.77 (this is actually the single most common set overall from among those that have no chance of appearing in endgame)
Toxicroak1 - #622, 0.42
Scrafty1 - #633, 0.40
Liepard1 - #639, 0.39
Incineroar2 - #691, 0.30
Hariyama1 - #707, 0.29
Infernape1 - #725, 0.27
Ludicolo2 - #737, 0.26
Ambipom1 - #763, 0.24
Shiftry2 - #770, 0.23
Lopunny1 - #799, 0.20
Kangaskhan1 - #824, 0.17
Medicham1 - #904, 0.12
Mienshao2 - #962, 0.09

The lesson here is pretty clear: If you hate Fake Out, play on the moon side. Doing that results in 25% fewer Fake Outs overall.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
So most of us know about ReptoAbysmal's great accomplishments using semi-random teams, as well as his many random runs he documented on Discord over the last couple of years. About a year ago, seeing how fun it could be, I started doing similar randomized runs, with the difference that my roster doesn't revolve about Trick Room only. The ideal roster I had then planned only was finished assembling recently. I've had a ton of fun random runs in the past year (which I might one day document partially here, if laziness doesn't get the best of me...). With so many Pokémon in my boxes, all specifically trained for Tree doubles, I decided to share them to hopefully help people get into the Battle Tree and maybe even using that kind of randomized format, like the good old Factory!

Thus, I created a giveaway where all these Pokémon can be obtained: the Battle Tree Factory! I hope it can useful to some people in here, whatever their purpose is (I think some really good teams could assembled out of those!).

——————————————————

As a separate note, streak update!

I reached 3000 yesterday with ZapFini (battle 3000 replay: HF8G-WWW-WWXB-LES7)! I attempted to document the last 50 battles with live commentary on Youtube, though the first 3 aren't there because of recording testing I was doing. The 2981-2990 stretch is also missing since it got recorded without audio, which would have made for a painful watch. Here's the final stretch - the rest can be found on the channel:

The slow pace of the team probably doesn't make these too exciting to watch, but I'm still really happy to have done these either way. I think it depicts pretty accurately how the team is routinely played, its strengths and weaknesses, my usual calc/informant usage, and more importantly some points I made in my writeup that were difficult to convey just by writing (how incredibly useful U-turn is, Zapdos' crazy bulk, how skipping Fake Out is often a fine call, etc.).

The team hasn't changed much since last time; one change that was now done long ago (basically from the moment I posted the report, it was even included already in the QR team posted at the time) is a bit of additional speed on Zapdos, now with 68 speed EVs. This outspeeds Pelipper4 by 1 point. That change felt worth since Zapdos is my switch-in for the Incineroar slot when facing Pelipper4 as a lead, to tank the Hydro Vortex. Outspeeding gives Zapdos a chance to either KO Pelipper or Roost on the following turn, while being slower allowed Pelipper to finish it off. The downside is the loss of a couple guaranteed OHKOs, namely Landorus with HP Ice and Samurott34 with Thunderbolt, both of which are still extremely favorable rolls. After almost 1000 battles with this new spread, I would say it was worth, but it's still a minor change overall.

Otherwise, I really don't have much to add to my report, I feel the same about basically everything that was written there. I've had a few really close calls, and kept saving as many replays as I used to, so I have a large amount of new replays to go through. I might end up doing a very short compilation of the 4-5 most interesting ones, though their value lies mostly in entertainment and aren't anymore informative about the team than the hundreds of replays I already posted alongside my report.

For now, I might keep playing ZapFini a bit on the side, but I'm likely to play more Tree in Ultra Sun with random teams or to complete some of ANTS' awesome challenges (this should be in the OP!). With SwSh a few weeks away, I doubt the progress will be as fast, but I really hope to keep tending to the streak until I lose (and given the close encounters I've had along the way, it's definitely bound to eventually happen!).

Last edited:
Can I ask a question about ribbon farming? If I was looking to boost level ones at 20 and 50 wins for the ribbons, what do you think would be the two(or three, if doubles would be easier/more consistent) Pokemon to optimally carry these level 1s/get to 19 and 49 wins?

Can I ask a question about ribbon farming? If I was looking to boost level ones at 20 and 50 wins for the ribbons, what do you think would be the two(or three, if doubles would be easier/more consistent) Pokemon to optimally carry these level 1s/get to 19 and 49 wins?
For doubles, you can opt for FEAR comps, so togedemaru, aron, mimikyu, stuff like that would be okay if the level 1 is one of those.

If you're looking at actually just boosting whatever level 1, opt for hyperoffensive comps and try a few times, maybe throw focus sash + something like encore endeavor TR fakeout and similar on them so they can do something in that one turn they get to live. You can realistically luck out and hit 50 wins in both formats if you try enough times.
Singles is significantly easier for this purpose (and faster)

turskain

Ribbons only count the 20th and 50th battle respectively, so you could run regular team for every battle prior and then counterteam Red/Blue bringing along the ribbon recipient for only that battle.

Red's roster has the Kanto starters, Snorlax, and Lapras - sets 1 and 2 for regular Singles, 3 and 4 for Super Singles. Of these, Charizard4 is a Mega Charizard X with Dragon Dance that could be trouble, so counterteaming him ought to have a check if it's the lead and a second Pokémon that can set up on the rest of his roster. For example, Rockium-Z Jolly Terrakion with Close Combat - Z-Move Charizard if it's the lead, Close Combat Snorlax and Lapras, and then a Chansey to do the rest.

Last edited:
Ribbons only count the 20th and 50th battle respectively, so you could run regular team for every battle prior and then counterteam Red/Blue bringing along the ribbon recipient for only that battle.

Red's roster has the Kanto starters, Snorlax, and Lapras - sets 1 and 2 for regular Singles, 3 and 4 for Super Singles. Of these, Charizard4 is a Mega Charizard X with Dragon Dance that could be trouble, so counterteaming him ought to have a check if it's the lead and a second Pokémon that can set up on the rest of his roster. For example, Rockium-Z Jolly Terrakion with Close Combat - Z-Move Charizard if it's the lead, Close Combat Snorlax and Lapras, and then a Chansey to do the rest.
First of all your optimization for battle 50 is literally perfect/what I was looking for and I thank you.

For wins 1-49 I figured Salamence/Aegislash/x are a well balanced mix of consistency/power/speed through the tower, you are way more experienced than I am at the minutiae of the battle tower, so I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on that.

And a small second question this Salamence is slightly non optimal with Naive, do I attempt to utilize this weakness and turn it into a strength with access to double-edge/fire blast or just pick the standard return/dd/sub/roost moveset and accept a weaker Salamence?

Its not a big deal for a casual and relatively short streak. You might get highrolled occasionally but should succeed if you try enough times.

Just make sure his IV ans EV are maxed, expecially speed ones

Its not a big deal for a casual and relatively short streak. You might get highrolled occasionally but should succeed if you try enough times.

Just make sure his IV ans EV are maxed, expecially speed ones
Just to add more Togglea, in case you plan to aim for a higher streak in the future, go for Jolly / Adamant.

turskain

First of all your optimization for battle 50 is literally perfect/what I was looking for and I thank you.

For wins 1-49 I figured Salamence/Aegislash/x are a well balanced mix of consistency/power/speed through the tower, you are way more experienced than I am at the minutiae of the battle tower, so I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on that.

And a small second question this Salamence is slightly non optimal with Naive, do I attempt to utilize this weakness and turn it into a strength with access to double-edge/fire blast or just pick the standard return/dd/sub/roost moveset and accept a weaker Salamence?
I think Dragonite/Aegislash/x is preferable for 50 wins, with Multiscale and Lum Berry to get through battles faster - especially if you're not familiar with enemy sets. Salamence prefers longer battles and more involved set-up with its two teammates to get a Sub and several Dragon Dances going. Tapu Fini (example team: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sion-and-records.3587215/page-29#post-7151924 ) or Greninja can be suitable for the third Pokémon with that.

I'm very happy to share an ongoing super doubles streak of 1,000 in Ultra Sun!

EH5Km8vWsAEm--4.jpg
EH5KnnnW4AIQnwt.jpg

koko peek.png

Rittalin (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam

paper.png

Dunder (Kartana) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

clanger.PNG

(clanger drawn by me)
CLANG GANG (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Modest Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Protect

kanger.PNG

(Kanger drawn by me)
JEJUNUM (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Atk / 28 Def / 52 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch
- Body Slam
I'm not the first person to use Team 4K, I have merely adopted its power. There's not much to say about it that hasn't been said already. Koko and Kartana are the frontline powerhouses that weaken the opposing team and set up tailwind, often outright sweeping all by themselves. Kommo-o is the main wincon and Kanga is there to support with fake out and remove bulky threats with seismic toss.

Electroweb is extremely valuable and has come in handy on many occasions. It's surprisingly powerful, and in conjunction with Kartana protecting, I can set up tailwind against faster mons that would otherwise threaten to KO, taunt, or status Kartana before it could do anything. (Kartana can outspeed everything up to Terrakion-2 after a -1 from Electroweb). This is also why I chose to go with an adamant nature on it to improve its KO chances on things such as Cresselia-4 after a Thunderbolt, which is a 12.5% chance with jolly from a min roll Thunderbolt to a 100% chance with adamant.

Kommo-o uses a simple spread with a few extra points in HP and defenses. Alternatively, 20 attack could be run to KO Electrode with +1 Close Combat.

Kangaskhan, courtesy of Eisen (thanks again bro) uses a nice bulky spread with enough attack to OHKO Mega Alakazam with Sucker Punch, as well as Mega Gengar after a scrappy Fake Out. Body slam is really nice for the parahax and dealing with Minimize users if Kartana has already fainted. Seismic toss is seismic toss.

#1,000: MFYW-WWWW-WWXB-SELA (Kukui)

#900: UGRG-WWWW-WWXB-SELB (Sina)

#870: EJUW-WWWW-WWXB-SELD (Sina)

#724: 3SMW-WWWW-WWXB-SELG (Backpacker Fernanda)

#660: Y25W-WWWW-WWXB-SELY (Kiawe)

#400: AU9W-WWWW-WWXB-SELL (Sina)
My previous loss with this team at 798 involved trick room, a blizzard freeze, and very unlucky targeting into opposing protects. So far, none of that stuff has happened as catastrophically as it did last time. I have had a few close calls with Kangaskhan or Kommo-o winning some 1v2s, but those have been extremely rare.

CLANG GANG.png

CLANG GANG 4LYFE

Hey y'all, look what I made:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jIy3OYCozo1kvrHC8Er3ddXJvw/edit#gid=593914963

Now you can search up a Battle Tree trainer by name and it will show you full detail about his/her roster. The only info missing is Trainer Class (not that important) and IVs- which for now, there is a field for you to guess a value.

Thanks to TRE. This was built off of his spreadsheet. For some missing formes (like Landorus and Gourgeist), I just assumed the default.

NoCheese Edit: Since it's kind of hidden, scroll right on the spreadsheet to see how to use it. You'll need to download it or save a copy.
Hey there!
So, I am a huge Battle Tree fan and am finally actually using this forum's resources to help myself, and I found this spreadsheet the absolutely most helpful, so thank you so much for all the work!

I just wanted to let you know that I found that the Spe Tier does not work as intended as the function is slightly off. I edited it so that it performs properly and displays the Pokémon's speed with the item taken into account and a truncated result. I have also updated everything to reflect the changes present in USUM, would you like me to send it to you or create a google doc of it and post it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)