Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1 ROUND 1 PAIRINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I'll have to battle Soma tomorrow....

I don't have wifi where I am at the moment, and I'll get back home tomorrow.

Hopefully, we'll get the battle in on time.

That was one of the only battles I've enjoyed recently. The other being a roulette with Thomaz and his fucking bulky Azumarill!

Anyways, was fun and good luck in the tourney. :)

I'm ok with the time limit, yea it'll be June but, people just aren't on top of things >.>, I want it to be a tourney without drop outs

mmm ok, for avoid drops out, maybe I'll drop out ^^
Nah, we will se, I doubt BTW, I'll be in (prolly I'll go out first)
Msn for you John

One day should be enough for the whole tourney... IDK though. Most of you seem to have "lives".
I think the next tournament should be started on a Friday evening, ending on the monday evening giving everyone a weekend for their battles, but announcing the tournament like a week before so people can prepare their teams, since thats the main reason for delays :/

Even for a "lifeless" person I'd think 1 day would be a very strict deadline >.>, maybe...

I'll notify Gin on aim when he's on, I woulda told him earlier =/

Even for a "lifeless" person I'd think 1 day would be a very strict deadline >.>, maybe...

I'll notify Gin on aim when he's on, I woulda told him earlier =/
Not really, if you have the brackets and stuff sorted out beforehand, a battle takes what, an hour at most? You have seven battles, thats 7 hours out of 24 :/ But a whole weekend would be better.

I allow one week because indeed, the weeked is the easiest time to do it, but alot of us have many compromises and I'm sure shorter timeframes, which do not include the weekends will severley hamper alot of people from playing. This will end in June indeed, it's just the way it will have to be. Top Cut rounds could probably be a bit faster though. We'll see, but look negator, it's been 1 week and there's still 7 matches out of only 19 to be completed.

One day tourneys wouldn't work very well at all if only because of different time zones. I think the current setup with 1 match per week works fine. You could always shorten the Swiss format and go to single elimination a week earlier to speed things up a little bit.

I think the reason though there's still that many matches is because people are just pushing it. Hopefully by this point everyone has at least one team built and maybe we can cut off a couple days...

And I like the Swiss style, kinda helps even out hax matches

I will consider that if there is a clearer Top 8. [sarcasm]I can't wait to explain to whoever got 9th and didn't make the cut how Swiss works and the tie breakers the software uses[/sarcasm]

I will consider that if there is a clearer Top 8. [sarcasm]I can't wait to explain to whoever got 9th and didn't make the cut how Swiss works and the tie breakers the software uses[/sarcasm]
How ARE you doing tie-breakers? If they were based on margin of victory, it might give people to a reason to blowout their opponents (or avoid a blowout despite losing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)