Become a Star-ly Wi-Fi Tournament! Series 1 ROUND 1 PAIRINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, hopefully kingbattlus should be on within the next hour or so. I won't be able to post the results until tomorrow if he comes on too late, I gotta get to bed for school tomorrow...

Hmm I just saw this and I have to say I'm glad that there's a wifi tournament happening. If there's another one Id be glad to join.

man what a great battle!

just lost to thehuntbegins :( that last pokemon was doozy, so unexpected and just complete ownage... absolutely an awesome come behind win.

down 3-1 and he just pulled out the W... incredible.

i still like my team though, just his a bit more haha.

Pulled another upset! 1-0 me, we had an amazing battle. very gg, kingbattlus. I can't wait to put the video on YouTube, can't believe I have to wait until June to do it lol.

Good job everyone so far. Here's how I will deal with the last remaining pairings if they do not get completed:

altex vs Sunday - Sunday's last Log In date was April 14th, he will get the default loss and be dropped of the tournament (unless I hear otherwise from him) if he doesn't get it done by tomorrow when I return, but he will not be blacklisted until I hear from him and his excuse.

Crunkking01 vs Mini Guerra - Crunkking01 will get the default loss but wont be dropped out of the tournament, but will not be blacklisted due to lack of WiFi, just dissappointed he didn't even EV his Pokemon while he had none.

Davy vs soma - I've seen Davy at least a bit more active here, and soma seems to have forgotten about it. If the match has not been completed, soma will get the default loss and be dropped out of the tournament (unless I hear otherwise from him).

Garchomp17 vs Gin - Gin seems to have forgotten about it, so he will get the default loss and be dropped out of the tournament (unless I hear otherwise from him) if the match is not completed.

Expert Evan vs Shinryu - Again, EE has been around here, Shinryu hasn't, Shinryu will get the default loss and will be dropped from the tournament (unless I hear otherwise from him) .

No no, you're mistaken. I am around, but remember, 1 of us lives on the West coast, 1 on the East. It's hard to try to get times to coordinate cause of the 3 hour difference; I mean, I'm usually out and about doing stuff at 5pm here, while it's already 8pm+ where he is. So yeah, I've been around, don't worry. We've been PMing each other trying to work something out. So hopefully tomorrow...

No no, you're mistaken. I am around, but remember, 1 of us lives on the West coast, 1 on the East. It's hard to try to get times to coordinate cause of the 3 hour difference; I mean, I'm usually out and about doing stuff at 5pm here, while it's already 8pm+ where he is. So yeah, I've been around, don't worry. We've been PMing each other trying to work something out. So hopefully tomorrow...
I do not think that is a valid excuse. I am also West coast and my opponent was east cost. We got our battle in without any problems, and i believe you should be able to do the same.

Davy vs soma - I've seen Davy at least a bit more active here, and soma seems to have forgotten about it. If the match has not been completed, soma will get the default loss and be dropped out of the tournament (unless I hear otherwise from him).
Soma isn't out I've been talking to him via aim. I'll alert him to post here, and also he said Davy said he would need the week to have his team made for him lol.

Gin - Please get it done :D

Shinryu - OK, thats a perfectly good enough reason. I will not give you the default loss. Hopefully you guys can get it done by tomorrow. If not, I will have to decide o a method of who gets the deafault loss, as neither of you will merit it, but one has to get it. It will be a fair and ubiased method though, such as flipping a coin or rolling a die, too bad only I will be able to see the result.

I've been Pming Davy the entire week about it but I recall him saying he needed to ask Forbidden something before he could finish his team. I Pm'd him yesterday and today as well but both times he logged off before my Pm got to him.

I do not think that is a valid excuse. I am also West coast and my opponent was east cost. We got our battle in without any problems, and i believe you should be able to do the same.
Dude, it's not an excuse. This has seriously been the main reason why we haven't battled. I don't spend every waking moment on the internet, I have many things that need to be tended to during the day, including now Finals next week as well as other stuff. The only real time I have to spend on the internet is at night, which obviously is when he's asleep usually.

So yeah, if you can spend 90% of your day on the internet and coordinate a battle with your opponent, good for you. But don't go assuming this is some excuse for avoiding him.

soma - Fair enough, thanks for letting me know.

Shinryu + Blak - Don't argue about it, it's up to me to decide wether its valid or not, and I completely understand how being on the internet is not a number 1 priority for most of us, so I find that a perfectly reasonable reason for them not completing their match yet. Don't argue about it anymore please, it's solely up to me to decide, thanks.

OK, Garchomp17 can't do it anymore tonight. Please guys get it done tomorrow for sure! I will give you until Tuesday morning to complete it if necessary. Same for all the remaining matches. The next deadline though will NOT be pushed back any further than the next Monday night.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If the next round is randomly generated you should consider just starting the next round and giving opportunities for people to make up "previous rounds"

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm back from Esperance. My 'excuse' was already posted on the first page and my opponent well informed I would be back the day before the deadline. As such I am 100% ready to battle at any time suitable with my opponent.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, Garchomp17 can't do it anymore tonight. Please guys get it done tomorrow for sure! I will give you until Tuesday morning to complete it if necessary. Same for all the remaining matches. The next deadline though will NOT be pushed back any further than the next Monday night.
I'm expecting we'll both get our match in tonight as we've been trying to communicate through AIM but seem to keep missing each other.

Kara - Deadline is now Tuesday the 22nd of April at 11:00 AM GMT -6.

Tangerine - I can't generate the next round until all matches have been completed.

Sunday - OK then, hopefully you can get it done today.

EE - sounds good.

No, he isn't on when I'm on and then 20 minutes after I get off, I get a PM..x.x

He keeps PMing me but it's ~ Midnight here.

I've been Pming Davy the entire week about it but I recall him saying he needed to ask Forbidden something before he could finish his team. I Pm'd him yesterday and today as well but both times he logged off before my Pm got to him.
We were only on at the same times like twice this whole week and that was early in the week (When I think we were both working on teams)...
Then when I PM'ed him ready to battle, the times he replied was when I was off...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While we wait for my match, here's a youtube video which features my son's uber team as 3 of them were from my trade thread and others were that of Slakingmaster, Juuka and forgot the other.

I'm a time zone over from the east coast. And it was just chance that I was available at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)