Survivor (Big) Survivor: Starhome

At the last tribal council, Pisx was voted out. It's ROOSTER time!

Top two vote getters get eliminated
Challenge 24​

You have 24 hours to play this flash game. http://foddy.net/Athletics.html?webgl=true
Fastest time wins individual immunity

You then have another 24 hours to submit your vote. You may not vote for whoever has individual immunity. Top two vote receivers will be eliminated.

Ties for the 2nd highest vote getter will be resolved through a revote, with the top vote getter eliminated prior to the revote. Rocks follow after that.

At the ROOSTER, Brandon and Janzen were eliminated.

Guess the fridge
Challenge 25​

There are a bunch of pictures of fridges in the document below. Your task is to match up the fridge with the person that took it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/172CprjTLBR-9DXXvo0s9-fCUWwbBJJl1eJ0AixtyrIY/edit?usp=sharing

The list of people who have taken pictures of their fridge are below, along with a short blurb describing them for your convenience.

GGL
Ethnic BG: White
Grew up: East coast, midwest, then southeast USA
Living situation: Apartment owned for school

kim
first-generation viet american who grew up on the east coast and i currently live with family; favourite home-cooked meal is gỏi cuốn and i cook at home

broil
My dad's family is German and my mom's is Italian, but my closest immigrant relative is my great grandmother so we're pretty much American by now. I grew up in Buffalo NY and moved to Rochester NY for college (or you can just say Western NY), and I am currently living in student-targeted off-campus housing with 3 housemates. My favorite dish that my dad used to make was basically just a mix of ground beef, rice, and tomato sauce that we called Hamburger Rice, and I do cook at home often

Pidgin
African American, grew up in Georgia and have stayed here for all my life. My favorite homecooked meal is cheese steak, currently living with grandparents during Uni. yes I cook at home. Fridge.

LittEleven
Ethnic BG: Indian
Grew up in: India
Living situation: Home with parents during online uni
Favourite homecooked meal: Fried Rice
Do I cook at home?: Yes

Divya & Hal
Divya is South Indian, I am Chinese. We both spent significant time growing up in our home country, but I also spent time in Vancouver and Divya lived in norcal. We live together in an apartment. My favorite home cooked meal is Hui Guo Rou, and divya’s is chicken korma. We cook at home

Przzy
I am a white Polish-American who grew up in Metro Detroit. I currently live in a college apartment with a roommate. My favorite home cooked meal is potato cheese pierogis that my family taught me how to crimp by hand. My kitchen sucks so I normally cook over at my girlfriends apartment down the road.

Jet Skystar (Jetstream90210)
I'm a pure Filipino, grew up here in the Philippines (never experienced flying out of here but that may change soon). Currently living with my family, I LOVE Adobo (Sauteed Meat with Soy Sauce) and I do cook from time to time (I'm the best Fried Rice maker in this household)

Vizh
I am Eastern and Northern European, I grew up in the Southeastern US, in the suburbs, and currently I am living with my parents at home while commuting to college. Favorite meal is grilled cheese.

Refined Horror
Ethnic background is African American. Born in Georgia, but lived in Florida for most of my life. Currently crashing at a parent's house, and my favorite home cooked meal is Brown Stew Chicken and Rice. I do it myself sometimes.

Dyno
ethnic background: asian (chinese)
born in ontario canada, raised in ontario canada
living in a middle class house in canada, still w/ my parents
fav meal is barbecued pork on rice
i cook about half the time

mado55
I am a half-Asian, half-European. I grew up in a rural town on the east coast, and now live by myself in a mid-western city. My favorite homecooked meal is Alpine macaroni. I usually make food at home.

Brit
I’m a gay Lebanese/Irish american that grew up in Columbus Ohio. I grew up pretty middle class in a 1 parent house hold. Now I’m in my last year of college gonna be the first person in my fam to graduate college and moving to Dallas Texas for my full time job next summer
My favorite home cooked meal is anything Mexican, i love making guac, fajitas, pico de gallo. I love cooking but I am very guilty of door dashing food too much

DLE
Hi! I’m DLE! I’m too lazy to write a description of my eating habits. In fact, I’m too lazy to do a lot of things. I spend my time hosting a DND session on Tuesdays, judging debate, and combing my lucious beard. I am American, but I’m also 1/4 Irish which you can tell by my red beard. I am a great cook and on occasion I’ll cook for my roommates under the condition that they clean. I LOOOOOVE barbecue sauce.

Andy
I have a tattoo on my butt that says Made in India, grew up in an immigrant household in the US, and live with parents to save on rent. My favorite thing my mom used to make for me growing up was idli with tomato chutney, and it's a mix on whether I cook at home. These days I mostly cook for myself because our taste buds are just so different.

SidTheShuckle
My ethnic background is Indian, I grew up in Orange County CA and currently living there, favorite home cooked meal is an Indian dish called Poha, and I don’t cook

alimdia
My parents are asian, I grew up in Auckland, and now live with 2 random flatmates in Perth after moving by myself for work. My favorite homecooked meal is pork mince with duck egg in the middle, and I cook at home around 25% of the time.

Dyo
Hi, I am Chinese-American and I grew up in Maryland. My parents immigrated around their late 20s to 30s so Chinese and Asian cuisine was always something that was incredibly present in my life. I currently live in my college apartment, and I try to cook but I hate shopping for groceries. My favorite home-cooked meal is freshly made pulled-noodles, typically with lamb and cumin. The spicier the better!

Most correctly matched fridges wins individual immunity. Ties are broken by sending your most interesting recipe, as judged by Hal.

In the last tribal council, Matieu was voted out.

Split the room
Challenge 26​

In this next challenge, everyone will be given a list of 5 different pokemon from generation 1 to 5. You will have 13 hours to choose two from your list and submit a drawing of the pokemon for others to guess. To make this standard, you must draw using https://sketch.io . The catch is that you’re trying to get exactly half of the players to guess the drawing correctly and the other half to guess incorrectly. You will be awarded points based off of how well you “split the room” with each of your drawings.

Your point total will be 3*ABS(# guessing your first drawing right - # guessing your first drawing wrong) + 3*ABS(# guessing your second drawing right - # guessing your second drawing wrong) - # times you guessed someone else's drawing right. Lowest point total wins

You may not include any words or numbers to add detail. Any detail you add must be in the form of a drawing of something. In addition, you may not clearly use features of only two Pokemon (in the last iteration, Texas drew a line down the middle and drew one pokemon on one side, another on the other side. This is not allowed).

You will shortly receive your list of pokemon and have 15 hours to submit your drawings (8am PST). Then all the anonymized drawings will be posted in this thread and you have another 9 hours to submit your guesses (5pm PST). Each player gets ONE guess for every drawing so make it count! Please do not communicate about any specifics of your drawings to other people. We're not looking for collusion here--just your most mediocre drawings.

Winner gets individual immunity. Ties separated by my judgment of which drawing is the most emote-able.

Last edited:
At the last Tribal Council, vooper was voted out.

Make Some Music
Challenge 27​

Submit your music in your confessionals. Best music wins.

You may not sing. Your music must be 100% produced by yourself, and must not contain any samples of other music. You may not use any commercially produced instrument (instruments are defined in this list): https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_instruments

You are permitted and encouraged to make your own instruments.

At the last Tribal Council, Totter was voted out.

The Biggest Loser
Challenge 29
In your next challenge, you will be participating in a Pokemon Tournament. The twist? The winner of each game is the person who has their entire team KOed first (and then loses the match).

Everyone will use the same team. This team is below:
Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Clamperl @ Deep Sea Tooth
EVs: 236 Def / 244 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Whirlpool
- Hydro Cannon
- Blast Burn

Munchlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Phantom Force
- Double-Edge

Fletchling @ Assault Vest
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Light of Ruin
- Agility
- Brave Bird

Zorua @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Night Daze

Trapinch @ Metronome
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulldoze

I will randomize the matchups and post them in the announcements channel of the discord server. Should anyone not have a battle scheduled within 18 hours, we will cancel this challenge and instead move to generic flash game #2 (which you will have 6 hours to compete in) as the challenge. After 18 hours, if battles have not happened or are not scheduled to happen before 5 PM PST 12/18, I will make activity calls.

To receive an activity call in your favor, you must have AT MINIMUM the following:
  • Indication of what your timezone is (and what it is relative to GMT - i.e. PST is GMT-8)
  • A range of hours that you will be free to do the battle (simply saying something like "i'm free at 2:00 EST" will not suffice, but saying "i'm free after 2:00 EST" would - provided you are actually available in that range.
  • An attempt to actually make it reasonable for your opponent to play you within the 24 hour timeslot. Saying you're available for only 1-2 hours of the day isn't going to be good enough.
The above is subject to change if I think of anything else that will be needed. If these requirements are changed, you will be notified.
Any matches which have neither player receiving the activity call will be treated as a forfeit from both sides.

I'm setting a cap of 24 hours on the whole challenge because these battles shouldn't be time-intensive. I'll be willing to extend for a couple hours if it's absolutely necessary, but this extension will cut into tribal council if it occurs.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

At the last tribal council, Psy was voted out.

Cryomancer Speedrunning
Challenge 30​

For your next challenge, you'll be playing Cryomancer: https://armorgames.com/cryomancer-game/19005
You will submit your completion time for levels 6 through 10.

The fastest time for a level will earn the respective player 6 points. The second-fastest time will earn the respective player 5 points. The same trend will follow all the way down to the last-place player, who will receive 0 points for being the slowest.

The player with the most points after all 5 levels are scored will be the winner. In the case of a tie, the fastest player on level 10 (who is also in the tie) will be the winner. Subsequent ties will result in the previous level being checked with the same format - should no winner be determined after following this, the immunity will be decided via RNG between everyone with tied times.

At the last tribal council, Clouds was voted out.

Grid Battle
Challenge 31​

This challenge is going to be run live. Below is the general structure for the challenge:

You will each be located on a 8x8 grid; I will randomize 3 placements for each of you, and you will post in your confessionals as to which one you would like to use. Your goal? Knock everyone else off of the grid. Last person standing wins immunity!
How does this work? Each turn, you will be able to move up to 4 spaces and use 1 attack. The attacks are as follows:
1) Punch (in a cardinal direction, sends someone a space away, infinite uses allowed)
2) Kick (in a cardinal direction, sends someone a space away; also sends you one in the opposite direction, moving anyone who might be there, infinite uses allowed)
3) Ground pound (pushes everyone around you one space away, 3 uses allowed)
4) KO punch (in a cardinal direction, knocks the person three spots away, only 1 successful use allowed)
5) counter (if anyone tries to attack you, their attack fails and they are 'stunned' for a round and can do nothing. if nobody attacks you, you are 'stunned' for a round. You may NOT counter two rounds in a row.)

Here is your grid! A black space is considered "off the grid".

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.20.42 AM.png

After the second round, I will remove the outer 'ring' of squares at the end of each round. Once removed, these spots will be deemed as "off of the grid" - if you walk into these spots or are pushed into them by an attack, you will be eliminated. Ending a round on a spot that will be removed at the end of the around also eliminates you.

Coordination of movements/attacks is not allowed for this challenge.

Extra information on attacks

Lets say that Hal is 1 space left of me. If I decide to Punch to the left, I will send him 1 space left. If i decide to Kick to the left, I will send him 1 space left and send myself one space right. If Divya was one space to the right of me, the Kick will also move Divya one space to the right. If Divya were instead one space to the left of Hal, then both Hal and Divya would be moved one space left by both the Punch and the Kick.
If, however, I decide to Punch upwards, I will miss and do nothing. Attacks do NOT extend. Only the space that you target will be hit (or 1 space all around you if you ground pound). Punch, Kick, and KO Punch cannot hit diagonally. Ground Pound hits every space around you, including diagonals.
You can still move while countering.

Submitting Actions:
Movements + attacks will be resolved in the order that they are posted in the channel that I will set up for this challenge. If you counter, your counter must be posted BEFORE someone attacks you. If you post it after, the counter will not work (but you won't be stunned like you would if you counter and nobody attacks you).
I will indicate when the time for submissions is open (by saying something like "submit actions now") and will also indicate what time the aforementioned message will be posted. Posting an action before I post the submissions open message will invalidate the action; you will need to post it after my message for it to count.

At the last tribal council, torin was eliminated.

The Gauntlet
Challenge 32​

Welcome to your final immunity challenge.
This challenge will be a combination of two things - trivia about the season, and tasks similar to those that you would have had to complete earlier in the season (season challenges).

This will be done live.
The way this will work - each of you will have a channel where you will put your answers to the Trivia questions you are asked. There will also be a channel for each season challenge, which you will gain access to upon completing the respective set of questions. Each time you get a set of questions fully correct, you will be able to move on and complete a season challenge. Should you get a set of questions incorrect, you will be told so, and must wait for 2 minutes before submitting your next set of answers. After 5 incorrect submissions, you will be told precisely which questions you got wrong (and will only have to fix those answers to complete all the questions).
You may NOT complete a season challenge until you finish the previous set of questions, and the challenges MUST be completed in order. There are five sets of trivia questions and season challenges in total - the first person to complete all five will win immunity.

Oh, and one last thing - the members of the electorate will be able to watch the challenge the entire time.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS LONG SO I BOLDED THE MAIN IDEAS FOR THE SKIMMERS LIKE ME. DON'T FEEL PRESSURED TO READ EVERYTHING

Hello jury and specs! I I have so much to talk about regarding my game that I almost feel like skipping right to it; however, how I settled into bigvivor is very important to me. (I also had like a paragraph written about all of you I had to cut due to length, I’ll send my full [somehow fkin longer] FTC post season or if you want to see what I wrote about you/your cycle ask!!)

It is unbelievable for me to have made it to the end, I don’t think anyone expected me to make it far, let alone play big while making FTC. As many of you know Bigvivor is my 2nd org ever and I had a very notorious reputation in my 1st one. Back then on s16 I was the merge boot, I was called socially inept, cognitively dissonant, and such a wide variety of albeit funny insults that post-game I was immediately warned not to filter my name in the spec-chat. One of the reasons I joined bigvivor was because when I received the invite(alongside a joke about me winning it) someone replied quickly and said it would be impossible for me to win. Even if I don't win, I overcame all of the doubts, I played one hell of a game from day 1, I proved that I am able to win an org, and above all else I did it my way.

For those of you like me who don’t like reading FTCs, I will post 3 powerful statements that display my continued dominance over the game.

1. I was never at risk on any of my tribes, I would have made it much farther on all of them

1. The only votes on me the entire game were 2 stray votes from Clouds

1. The person I submitted a vote for always went home at EVERY single tribal council except for Psy at F10

Postal-

I was in multiple majority alliance chats and in the multiple “inner core” chats of those alliances.

Localizer-

I was the flip vote between the two main alliances, and would’ve dominated the tribe regardless of what I chose

Cyber-

I continued to play dominant and visible, illustrated by me being an Influencer.
In the actual Influencer show, being an influencer immediately puts a huge target on your back, but despite 6 out of the 7 surviving Cyber members making merge, I still made FTC without my pace of gameplay slowing down.

Seperatist-

I utilized my social ties to save Tommy from the bottom of the tribe and blindside Dyo off of the top of it.

I had thus far played my entire bigvivor game grappling on top of every tribe with minimal connections, and now that I had connections I immediately thought ahead and didn’t coast to merge with my existing allies as a lot of players would have.

Pre-Merge Summary-

Even though I certainly continued my streak of dominance in merge; I felt invincible during the pre-merge portion of Bigvivor. I was always the center of the tribe, no matter what the dynamic of the tribe was upon entrance. I never received a single vote during pre-merge and every person I submitted for was eliminated. My plan going into merge was to keep seperatist majority for at least one cycle to give myself time to branch out, this worked out even better than expected.

F15 Floptina-
I got my ideal target of a loyalist that wasn’t TBZ or Vooper

I was very focused on ensuring the first boot was a loyalist member, Early merge I immediately bonded with TBZ and we told each other we wouldn’t let the other get voted out, this meant despite pushes on TBZ from my close allies that I always shifted the vote away from him.

F14 Janzen-
I took out my ideal target

Janzen’s boot is one that I give myself a lot of credit for. Going into Merge I could tell Janzen was going to try and play a powerful middle game due to his links with Brandon and Torin as well as his status as a loyalist meaning he was very close to Clouds and Vooper(massive threats). Furthermore, overcoming Janzen really engrained myself into the merge and made me a hard target to hit.

F14 Brandon-
The vote wasn’t on me despite my early merge and threat level being very similar to Brandon

While I went for Janzen, it was in Loyalist’s best interest to target a threat at the center of seperatist, while TBZ and Vooper likely helped me out behind the scenes, Zach seemed to turn a blind eye towards Brandon.

The most I could do was push separatist to vote 5-3 on Janzen-Matieu which did infact happen. Seeing Brandon sent off invigorated me to play even harder, I wanted to play a game Brandon would be proud of.

F12 Matieu-
I utilized my social awareness to shift the vote on a target where I wouldn’t be idoled out

The fear of me being at risk on a revote was enough for me to attempt to shift the vote from Clouds onto Matieu late, and as Matieu went home I noticed the stray vote on me from Clouds. Had I let clouds be the target, there would’ve likely been a double idol play and I would’ve gone home with a single vote. I believe this shift is a good example of my game awareness.

F11 Vooper-
I learned from a player I respected and used what I learned to better my own game

Vooper was part of the reason I was aware of every target the vote was between every single cycle up to F11(and onwards despite him not being in the game at that point.)

Despite my limited time in the game with Vooper, I was extremely impressed with his social game and found myself even wanting Vooper to get far. His instincts were great and Vooper’s method of injecting trust in people he felt he could trust and it always paying off was something I tried to polish not only in my game(illustrated by my friendship with Tommy and TBZ), but as a person.

F10 Zoa-
I stayed true to my ally despite knowing the likely outcome of the vote

F10 was the low point in my hero’s journey, Zoa was an extremely loyal ally and one of the smartest people i’ve ever met. F10 is when tribal lines crumbled due to the multiple back-to-back Loyalist votes.

My biggest misplay this cycle and in turn probably the game was that I thought idols and advantages were playable on revotes, (once again this is my 2nd org and I had only watched 1 survivor season prior). We had already contemplated playing the idol but if I knew they weren’t playable on revotes I would have heavily pushed for Zoa to play it.

Despite knowing that Zoa was likely the vote at this point, I still chose to sacrifice my insane flawless “everyone I submitted for got voted out” statistic in exchange for returning Zoa’s loyalty by staying with him and hoping for a flip which never came to fruition.

F9 Totter-
I saw through the vote amidst all of the confusion

I firstly would like to state that I'm happy totter and I were able to get to single digits together. Throughout the game ever since Cyber people would ask me if Totter was my “goat” Totter very much played his own game, branched out to loyalist, voted against me, and had strong connections to people I wasn’t even aligned with such as Matieu. I do not deserve any credit for “goating someone past f10” since that just straight up didn’t happen, that being said Totter’s presence always made me feel comfortable, I looked out for Totter prior to his elimination as much as I could, and I would have been happy if totter made it to FTC with me, not because id beat him-but because I simply like Totter a lot.

Near the end of the cycle the only things clear to me were that Totter and Torin were the targets, when news broke that Clouds was going to play his idol on Torin, apparently people switched off of totter onto torin for jury management which I found a little scummy because if that actually happened then Totter is smarter than they think. I opted to submit for Totter over Torin due to Torin being in a more similar position to me and being strong allies with clouds, making it more beneficial for me to not vote Torin out.

F8 Psy-
I took out my ideal target and regained control over the game

F8 is a very controversial vote in regards to my reasoning and how it occurred. The way the cycle was set up was so that the vote was between Eli and Psy with me as the deciding factor between the two. I either went with the flow and voted out Eli or I pushed a Psy vote. I ultimately decided to push for a Psy vote which ended up being successful and I did so for a myriad of reasons.

The first reason is that by flipping the vote onto Psy, I opened up a clear path for me to make FTC. In any scenario I thought of where someone makes a push on me, Psy was a required vote in order to do so- and Clouds even admitted during the next cycle that Psy being in the game was likely required for a push on me to gain any traction.

Personally, Psy was the only player I had taken a shot at and missed(F10), I felt that taking out a strong player I was unable to take out earlier would redeem myself, and lastly taking Psy out of the game myself means I established myself on top of the game again and could dictate/decide how the rest of the game played out.

F7 Clouds-
I took out my ideal target

Out of every player in the merge, Clouds is the one I'm inspired by the most. Whether it be !Speedwing, or him exposing that he knew about the seperatist strawpoll publicly, Clouds not only played hard but constantly played with a ton of swagger and badassery. If not for his foundation collapsing early via me gunning for Janzen at f14 and Vooper walking at f11, there is no doubt in my mind that Clouds could’ve made FTC.

The Clouds boot is pretty straightforward, apparently Clouds and Torin campaigned to vote for me but with Psy out of the game campaigning against me at F7 was a fantasy and even Torin’s dedication to that idea is questionable at best and Torin at the end of the day voted with me. Clouds was in a position where as a player he was the biggest threat and the window to take him out was wide open. Clouds getting eliminated made me sad because I think he’s really cool and I personally wanted the fated Clouds vs Ryo to be closer than a unanimous vote, but it had to happen for my game to remain the most dominant.

F6 Torin-
I (very painfully) took out my ideal target

This vote was certainly the hardest for me, not only because it was one of my previously close allies and my friend getting voted out; but because the decision between Torin and Eli going out at f6 was entirely my choice.

Zach and Torin pushed Eli while Eli and Tommy pushed Torin, TBZ pledged himself to vote on whatever I decided on. I spent the full time from the challenge to deadline thinking about this vote, because it was at the start of f6 when it hit me. Torin was in with a lot of people, loved by the merge cast and had two idols played on him whilst surviving being targeted multiple times.

From my POV Torin was simply surviving because I controlled the votes, yet from any other POV Torin was playing an absolutely monstrous game. Not only that, but on top of being allies I came to the full realization that part of my strategical reasoning for keeping Torin around a lot of the time was because we were typically in a similar position with him getting the votes. It fully clicked in that Torin was not only playing an amazing game but that there was a legitimate argument for him being my shield. It is for those reasons that despite Torin potentially not respecting it, that I felt it was my responsibility to make the hard decision, cut off the head of the dragon and take out the person who I believed was the biggest threat.

F5 Zach-
I survived being Eli + Zach’s ideal target, and am now in FTC

F5 was set up to be Ryo vs Eli more than anything else. Eli and I had a handshake on FIC, fully expecting the other to go home if they weren’t immune. My initial plan was to bank on Eli not winning immunity and then vote him out once he wasn't immune, Eli at this point saw me as the biggest threat to his game and Eli’s plan was to win FIC and then make me final juror instead. Which is something Torin foresaw happening and warned me would happen if I voted Torin out.

The major difference between me and Eli is also outlined at F5, had Eli not won FIC he would have been eliminated and been the final juror, yet despite Eli winning immunity he was still unable to take me out due to TBZ and Tommy standing strong by me.

Merge Conclusion

Overall, this was such an amazing merge cast. Bigvivor as a whole was incredible, I even baked a cake for it! Every player as an individual on this merge cast is so distinct and talented that despite the awareness I pride myself on, there's probably still so much I didn’t even think about. I felt humbled meeting the lot of you and I am extremely proud to come into this game without even a right to be in it, and come out of the experience playing a winning game whether I get the votes or not. I overcame the obstacles in my path all the way to the end, I not only played a great pre-merge but I controlled and decided the majority of merge votes, I did all I possibly could in terms of gameplay, I played visibly, I played with moxie, and most importantly I played with heart.

Despite being the absolute underdog…

Please let me be your winner!!

Thanks for reading-or skimming-or not reading at all (I would do the latter)

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
hey guys! ive been out for basically the entire past week+ on a big vacation and my speech may be a little late. very happy to receive and answer questions while i finish on the amtrak to my university LMAO

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
just an update - moving to my new dorm quite soon so ill be able to post my speech within the next hour ideally and then will be able to answer questions during downtime!!

apologies for the delay, it’s been a pretty anti-internet week for me haha

(This is Janzen btw)
Congrats guys, just wanna extend some sincere apologies, after briefly reading the two speeches that are out I definitely see that you guys have a very different perception of how the game went than I did. Unfortunately this format plus a two week break since last game play is not very conducive to diving into the details. I don't go on this website at all and if I'm being honest probably won't check this forum more than once or twice but Tommy/Ryo/Eli if any of you three want to dm me on discord I'd be happy to ask some questions cuz yall have a chance at getting my vote. Either way best of luck to you all and again congrats on making it to ftc!

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
Tommie — Today at 2:15 AM
hey janzen if you have any questions for me let me know, I will try keep dialogue to a minimum here as it is outside game boundary, but if you have a question for me (please do), I can put the question and answer up on the forum and link it back to you?
Janzen5 — Today at 2:16 AM
Works for me, the biggest question I have for you is what was your relationship with Eli throughout the game?
And then I have some follow up questions to that based on your answer. So idk if you wanna wait and post them all in the thread afterwards or what
Oh full disclosure I read the summary only so if the answer is in a specific section of the speech feel free to direct me there
Tommie — Today at 2:18 AM
oh ok, yes it is in there but I will answer again for you putting specific light on it
Gonna put these logs in the thread too

------------------

So to answer Janzen's question: me and eli are great friends out of game, which was the formation of our alliance early on. At the very start of separatist I feel like eli was my sole in and my lifeline a bit. But it was soon clear he did not really have that much say and that if I wanted to survive it would be on my own basis. People had mentioned targetting eimm and it was an obvious thing, so this made us stick together. That being said from this point to about f12 me and eli had a super strong alliance.

As I said eli was an important ally for me from the start of separatist and people often compared him to say how torin was viewed to you early game. I don't know if you remember but even on civil rights me and waffles had both said eli was the person outside of our tribe we were closest too. I was very glad for eli to be on my tribe as an ally at separatist but there also wasn't much he could do for me as he didn't have say on where the vote went.

By the end of separatist I feel like I had definitely taken the lead and had more control over the game as a whole in our partnership. My position as firmly on the bottom of separatist had given me a chance to make strong bonds with everyone ahead of eli, and many people wanted me to be a good ally going forward. This includes ryo who was a good ally with eli early separatist but we had worked out valued me much more by mid separatist.

That being said when I was on separatist I promised ryo I would carry him to f4 if he stuck with me, and I stuck through. Out of game eli is my better friend as we have known each other and been really good friends a long time, but in this game my number 1 was ryo. If needs must I would have booted eli at some point. This was especially true after he crossed me and leaked me to viper and I had cut him off and his position had gotten very weak.

After viper walked though I cleared the air because I heard he was upset with me for cutting him off. I kind of went on a rant of how I have other friends I made in this game, and he does not get to leak me and then demand and get upset if I prioritise other people. He apologised and the air was truly cleared in my opinion. I was also very happy to pick eli back up now because I felt like I essentially controlled his game. Viper and clouds were his strongest two allies outside of me and with viper gone, and no one wanting clouds at ftc, eli was absolutely dependant on my social pull to stay in this game. As said in my speech, this is made clear when I managed to convince ryo to stay off eli at f8 and f6 despite him viewing eli as his biggest threat at this point.

Hey everyone, 'grats on making it here and all that. This is Brandon btw, this username rules ass and forums are wack as shit, so I made it not expecting to have to do anything serious on here. That was a mistake! I'd just like to preface by saying I bear absolutely no ill will toward any of you, nothing I say here is personally targeted and only exists within the confines of the game, and I hope that we can all be chill and get a drink if you're ever in my neck of the woods (don't be, Long Island is a shithole!) FTCs suck ass, so I'm gonna try and keep it as stress-free for y'all as one possibly can while trying to decide on a winner of a game that some of us dedicated our lives to for like three months straight.

———

TBZ, at the time of me writing this, you have not yet submitted your speech. I don't really have much else to say to you unfortunately.

———

Tommy, whether it's gameplay or actual feelings, I give you big props for buttering up s16 people, since we do make up such a large portion of the jury, and even more credit for buttering me up, because anyone who knows me knows that I love me so, so much. Feel free to lmk after all this if this was just gameplay, but you've definitely convinced me that your comments are genuine (and all very very true! Brandon WAS so robbed! I agree completely! :D) Either way it shakes out, kudos for this.

You said at one point that you "did a good job of booting people close to the order that (you) chose, and every vote to now (you've) had at least a big say in who goes." I think your perception of things pre-merge into early merge were incredibly strong, and I think you played a pretty solid game. My issue is that I don't really believe that you had the agency you say you did, and when you did exercise agency, it actively hurt your chances. I think you played a flawless EIMM game and had a winning strategy for that type of game, where all of the finalists win together. But taking Eli to the end, and Ryo to a much lesser extent, feels like a complete blunder.

You say in your speech that you intended to have both in your f4, and even talked Ryo down from voting out Eli at f6. The jury debated about this play for hours because it seemed completely asinine, though this was originally attributed as Ryo's decision in our eyes iirc. The clarification that it was you is helpful, but damning. It was integral to your plan to get Ryo to vote against his best interest here, which you did pull off, but this only allowed for letting the biggest challenge threat AND biggest jury threat to survive long enough to demolish the final challenge. I believe this whole plan was against YOUR OWN best interest. It was going to be a difficult endgame no matter what, having Clouds, Torin, Ryo, Eli, and Zach all still around at f8. You were going to have to sit next to at least one, and instead, you consciously decided to sit next to TWO, including the biggest threat still on the board by the time f6 hit. You played well, but coming into FTC, public perception would say that you allowed at LEAST one player perceived to be stronger than you take a seat at the end.

Tommy, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY if and why you intended to sit next to highly visible threats at the end, or to EXPLAIN that YOU were actually the one who held the agency in the Tommy-Eli duo and not the other way around, and how your under-the-radar/second-in-command game should be valued over Eli's more visible game. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.

———

Ryo, there is no doubt in my mind that you played the best game out of 81 other people all the way up to the merge. You made calculated plays and improved drastically over your first outing, which was only just a few months ago. You were genuinely impressive and easily the most improved player from then to now. Most importantly to me, you actively demonstrated the fact that you wanted to be here. I know how bad you wanted to win, and you played your heart out the whole way. I'm very proud of you for having gotten here, truly. You were my #1 ever since we landed together on Cyber and I am deeply appreciative that you never really broke loyalty to me.

That said, we've talked many times about how you wouldn't want to earn FTC votes through pity, and I will clarify here that if you do get my vote, it is not because you are my friend. From my perspective and the perspective of much of the jury, from f12 tribal onward your game kind of derailed entirely. You lost the control and agency you had conducted during the first 50 or so days, and as far as I could tell I'm not sure you ever really got it back. Allowing Eli to get here, when we both discussed from the outset of the merge that he was the biggest threat to win, is pretty egregious. I do have to give you some credit for catching yourself at f5 though, because if Zach left because he knew the vote was on him, I am somewhat impressed that you escaped being the target there instead.

Ryo, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY your game during the merge to the jury in order to show that you hadn't lost control, or to EXPLAIN how your consistent effort and dedication through the whole game outweighs your sloppiness down the stretch. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.

———

Eli, I would describe your game as "effortless", with all of the positive and negative connotations that come with that label. All throughout the game, you frequently commented on how little you cared about the game, and wished people would just vote you off already. At first I always suspected you cared more than you let on, but by the end of it all, I genuinely can't tell if you were telling the truth or not this whole time. That's the thing, I have absolutely no idea what of anything you did was gameplay, or having other stuff to do/not giving a shit. Extended stretches of AFK followed by absolute challenge dominance when you actually wanted to participate in them; being gone for large portions of socializing/strategizing and popping in like 10 minutes before like "heyyyy what's the vooooote", yet still having everyone wrapped around your finger. I don't know what was real and what was gameplay, not that it makes a difference because its all ultimately a part of what got you here, for better or worse.

But the crazy thing is that none of that ultimately matters. Despite all of that you played ridiculously optimal for someone who was AFK for such large stretches of game from beginning to end. The fact that you were able to make so much out of seemingly so little, while maintaining control the entire way through, is absolutely bonkers. My hat's off to you for making it look easy, because everyone who busted their ass throughout the game to be in the game-winning position that you are in will let you know that it is most certainly NOT easy.

I just wish I didn't feel so confused about this, because in my brain, I would be more than willing to vote for you, yet in my heart of hearts, voting for you feels wrong. As someone who put so much into this piece of shit, I want the winner of this massive, all-encompassing game to be representative of the people who really put their whole ass pussy into this game, and I do not feel that from you. Yet I can't deny that you played the most consistently strong game of all 81 of us.

Eli, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY to the jury how much you actually cared about this game from start to finish, to show that you worked as hard as the people who wish they were sitting where you are, or to EXPLAIN how your effortless stranglehold on the game should outweigh the time and dedication others fruitlessly sank in. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)