Bleach Discussion Thread

Ichigo's friends are really odd looking. Hardly look like the same people.
Anyways, that was a rather nice chapter. Managed to get multiple story lines moving at once.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yes...

Also I wish Kubo would stop trying to pretend that the completely irrelevant characters are actually important. I can't even remember the names of Ichigo's other friends.
I couldn't even remember the hot spring guy's name and judging from the chapter, it doesn't seem like even Kubo thought people would.

Sad, Bleach going on a long break (5 weeks, damn) AND it's entering its last arc :(

Otherwise not much else in this chapter besides Seretei vanishing, though apparently the last arc will encompass a total of 9 days somehow?

tehy

Banned deucer.
So big news in this chapter obviously

Am i the only one who thinks that the whole 'warning ichigo's friends' thing was totally pointless, and also kind of a dick move?

He literally admits it's a 1 in 10,000 chance. Why not tell them about it IF it happens? What kind of a douchebag move is that, to come and frighten them on a 1 in 10,000 chance (Unless that was a bad translation?) Honestly, Tite should've just had him say "maybe, 50/50 chance' or something;the way he says it now makes it clear that the whole thing was just to give the last chapter a cliffhanger.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everything with Ichigo's friends is pointless. Everything with almost every character is pointless. Fuck, even half the stuff with Ichigo is pointless, and he barely gets any screen time as a main chAracter

Ichigo is a main character. A one out 10,000 chance that he will become too powerful is nothing for him. It is pretty much guaranteed that he will become that strong, the real question is whether or not he will be able to control his power well enough to not be dangerous.

9 days could take several years to go through depending on the pacing and how much happens in each day. The Aizen battle took close to half a year to finish and that didn't take up much time in the story.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There should be a chapter coming out next week or so, along with some color pages. You can look forward to that, I suppose. Also, I'd recommend browsing the various Dagger threads on the Bleach subreddit. There are plenty of interesting tidbits in all of them IMO, even though the first three happen to be recaps.

So they always was "there".... and i think they have a little bit too much overconfident.

I completely lmao with mayuri new disguise :)

As long as they can steal bankais, they can be as overconfident as they want since there's what, 1 person strong enough to fight without one at all equal to them (Kenpachi) and one whose bankai can't be stolen (Ichigo). Everyone else pretty much sucks without it and can't really fight on an equal footing, hell their common shinigami are weaker than the Quincy foot soldiers. So yeah, unless they solve that problem, extermination time.

Did you miss the whole nothing but training for everyone mini - arc? They are gonna overcome their reliance on bankai and save the day due to pure determination, willpower, and above all else, friendship. lol.

Did you miss the whole nothing but training for everyone mini - arc? They are gonna overcome their reliance on bankai and save the day due to pure determination, willpower, and above all else, friendship. lol.
Lies, it's all in the Heart of the Cards. Exodia shall obliterate and smite all foes.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought this chapter was great in showing Hitsugaya's development from lolweak Bankai-dependent captain to semi-competent captain that can work around a handicap (I only say "handicap" because of Hitsugaya's claim that Hyōrinmaru's Shikai isn't that much weaker than it is in Bankai). Here's an explanation for the multi-layer vacuum ice wall.

Still, I cannot wait for the glorious return of Kenpachi Zaraki and his new increase in lethality. Kubo, quit stalling us!

You know, is that actually a vacuum though? It would have to be airtigh for starters (the ice itself and the space inbetween), and unless Matsumoto resealing her shikai makes it magically disappear instead of like leaking out, there should be air present, which just feeds fire right?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Bazz-B's fire comes out as waves of flames, not as a continuous stream, which means he can only melt one layer at a time. As for the vacuum, Matsumoto's Shikai returning to its base state makes it disappear magically, kinda like how Byakuya's Senbonzakura petals magically condense as it returns from Shikai / Bankai to its sealed form.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Latest chapter...

Pretty obvious Bazz-B wasn't dead; enjoyed the way he was drawn in the second to last page. BG9 is a total ass, though. It's (what is it? Male, female...Hollow?) action left me in shock.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
HOLY SHIT BG9 WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU?

In all seriousness, BG9 has become one of my new favorite Stern Ritter, alongside Äs Nödt and the Stern Ritter that shot Kyōraku's eye out. His / her / its (?) cold methodology (using Mareyo as leverage to get Ōmaeda to speak of Soi-Fon's whereabouts) definitely is a shock, and his / her / its (?) Reishi weapon (a ten-barreled minigun!) subverts the notion that the K stands for "The Knight." Based on BG9's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if the K was short for "The Knowledge."

Eh, as usual, if someone has a new power up, the foe is always stronger. No one ever dies if a main supporting character gets a power boost.

Lmao, burning finger...I'm so reminded of G Fighter Gundam...

Also I call BS, this bazz b guy having flames string enough to block yamamoto? Why do they want to make him from badass to weakass these days...is there really no plot device better besides having to make everyone stronger than Yamamoto now? Which if true makes this whole arc pointless considering Yamamoto was strong enough to burn away soul society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)