Bobby Fischer is dead :(

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
More like, if had set foot in the US, he would have been arrested and jailed for breaking sanctions.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Who is Josh Waitzkin supposed to search for now?

Renowned figures from my favorite activities keep passing. First Chip Reese, now Bobby Fischer. R.I.P. Bobby.

Oh this is very sad news. I always liked the man, since I read a book on how to play like him back when I was ten. I was so into chess I named my dog after him. Shame he had to go out he way he did.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
*sigh* Bobby inspired me to play chess in fifth grade. I've enjoyed it ever since, such a shame. R.I.P Mr. Fischer.

There was a house keeper at the nursing home I work at by the same name.. except this guy was an ex-pimp in his late 60s, and all he talked about was sex and perversion. I miss that dude.

/random

Really, if I was in Bobby Fischer's position, I'd be pretty pissed at the states, too. He did a lot for America, and they treated him as a traitor.

RIP

I always wanted to play against him, becuase in this one episode of Smart Guy, the idiot outsmarted the super computer cause the idiot kept making random moves. That was my ambitious goal.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I always wanted to play against him, becuase in this one episode of Smart Guy, the idiot outsmarted the super computer cause the idiot kept making random moves. That was my ambitious goal.
That's funny because that's the first thing that went through my mind when I read this topic. :(

RIP, I guess. I know he was a great chess champion, but after seeing his comments after 911 and the anti-semitism it is very difficult for me to think of him in high regard.

How many other American chess players hads as great a reputation as Fischer? Need more like him, eccentricity and all. Give some life to the game.

Yeah, I heard all about it... too bad, he owned. Well, he was quite... nuts, but he was a great chess player.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
R.I.P

I am going to search more on this guy, never payed too much attention to Chess. Although, lately I'm trying to get more into the game, playing online and losing most of the time.

So, how many times did he lose? after becomming a pro, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)