SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I always thought that title belonged to Cynthia anyway...but she's about to take that title once and for all. YacheChomp with Swords Dance, Nasty Plot Luke with Wise Glasses, the crazy shit her Milotic has going for it...eventually a Serene Grace Togekiss lmao. Red with his Brine Lapras has nothing on this.
Yeah but a lot of people keep yapping it's Red. Not necessarily on smogon and it's mostly on other platforms like fb for example

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In both cases, you can nonetheless tell that the peeps at ILCA who designed the boss fights were clearly having the utmost fun with it.

A large portion of the work that went into this game clearly went into making the boss fights difficult, and at the very least incredibly fun with many well designed movesets, EVs, and items, as well as a few jokes and memes here and there which they clearly put in for the lulz and for some comedic value, which will also be funny in and of itself when we see them in action.

This is gonna be incredibly fun to play. This is an impressive post-game, to say the least. Some absolutely GOATed Trainer battles that are fairly repeatable, sign me up! Not to mention the expanded Underground and Super Contests being better than ever, this will be a fun time.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I think that's just because most of the time you end up 10-20 levels below him
Exactly. Red was never a difficult challenge. He was just a massive pain in the ass because his mons are high level. In all honesty, he was never really difficult. Just pure and utter time consuming. All pokemon games are except maybe for bdsp if all these info are true

I always thought that title belonged to Cynthia anyway...but she's about to take that title once and for all.
Pokémon games so bad lately that a hard mode in boss fight rematches is what saves a game for some people
Absolute worst case scenario. All I wanted from this game was to teach Carnivine Snap Trap and watch Cynthia apologists break down in tears.

0/10. The simps feel validated, and that bothers me.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I think that's just because most of the time you end up 10-20 levels below him
You see, Red is different from most trainers in that he completely skyrockets the level curve to an unprecedented level. Combine that with the relatively meh pace of HGSS? You’re going to be there a LONG, LONG, time if you wanna catch up to him.

So that’s it, really. Red’s levels, and by default his difficulty are all results of an absolutely bonkers jump in level compared to like, Blue or somethin.

Absolute worst case scenario. All I wanted from this game was to teach Carnivine Snap Trap and watch Cynthia apologists break down in tears.

0/10. The simps feel validated, and that bothers me.
Nah fam, objectively that title is hers. Cite me a better constructed NPC team than this one right here:

Spiritomb84
PressureSitrus BerryShadow Ball / Dark Pulse / Will-O-Wisp / Sucker Punch
Porygon-Z85
AdaptabilityExpert BeltHyper Beam / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Togekiss86
Serene GraceLeftoversAir Slash / Dazzling Gleam / Aura Sphere / Thunder Wave
Lucario86
Inner FocusFocus SashClose Combat / Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Extreme Speed
Milotic84
Marvel ScaleFlame OrbRecover / Mirror Coat / Ice Beam / Scald
Garchomp88
Rough SkinYache BerryDragon Claw / Earthquake / Swords Dance / Poison Jab

Go ahead, I'll wait.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
On one hand, -_- On the other hand, I'm not joking when I say I almost lost to Joey in Soul Silver.

I'm also not joking when I say I full heartily think some kids are going to get their souls crushed by the Final Garchomp, even with a Level 100 Team. If anyone wants to make it even better/worse, try going through the entire Elite Four without healing between battles. 30 Pokemon, Zero mercy. I know I'll try that if I get Brilliant Diamond and I hope to remember to keep a death counter.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
We're all rightfully shitting ourselves at the rematch teams among others, but I just want to praise something of an "underrated gem" that's gotten buried in the crossfire: Saturn!

Screenshot (136).png

They took one of the lamest boss teams and managed to renovate it into a delightfully memey Rain stall battle of all things while keeping to the DP team composition.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
We're all rightfully shitting ourselves at the rematch teams among others, but I just want to praise something of an "underrated gem" that's gotten buried in the crossfire: Saturn!

View attachment 384310
They took one of the lamest boss teams and managed to renovate it into a delightfully memey Rain stall battle of all things while keeping to the DP team composition.
You can't convince me that this game isn't an elaborate shitpost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)