Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Prior to 6, the mother was incapable of passing down egg moves, so it didn't matter that each egg move had a legal father individually--if you wanted both moves, you had to have one Pokemon pass down both of them at once. Curse could only come from Slowbro/Slowking or Torterra, while Pursuit could only come from Sceptile or Rampardos, so there is indeed no overlap between them.
In HGSS Cranidos got Curse added to its Egg Move pool, and as it gets Pursuit by level up and is a valid father what he said is indeed an error.

Chain breeding:

Male Turtwig w/Curse + fem Cranidos -> male cranidos with curse, learns pursuit at level 10 + fem snorlax -> snorlax with Curse and Pursuit.

In past gens, if you want moves listed by power, it uses the power of the current gen for the listing, despite the power of the move itself being listed correctly. Here is an example:
Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.17.54 PM.png

Leech Life is listed above Razor Wind and Giga Drain is listed above Steel Wing, as that's how it would be in Gen 7, even though it's supposed to be Gen 2.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Unless I’m missing something, on turn 8 of this replay, ditto shouldn’t have been able to outspeed mew because giratina’s Base Speed is less than mew’s and in random battles the evs are evenly spread meaning that a faster mon always outspeeds a slower mon. I also know it wasn’t choice scarf, because it was life orb and it switched moves.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4randombattle-697771161

I have encountered a few bugs with Burn Up and the different interactions with transform compared side by side from retail to showdown. Special thanks to Nuren for helping me test this.

Retail Pokemon Battle: HEKG-WWWW-WWWG-5AHB

Turn 1: Wyrx: smeargle uses splash Nuren: arcanine uses burn up
Turn 2: Wyrx: smeargle uses transform Nuren: arcanine stalls with burn up
Turn 3: Wyrx: smeargle-arcanine stalls with burn up Nuren: switches out to smeargle(edited)
Turn 4: Wyrx: smeargle-Arcanine uses burn up (fails) Nuren: Smeargle uses shadow ball (no effect) >>The transformed arcanie is pure normal type
Turn 5: Wyrx: smeargle-arcanine switches to smeargle Nuren: smeargle switches out to arcanine
Turn 6: Wyrx: smeargle uses forest's curse (before burn up) Nuren: arcanine uses burn up
Turn 7: Wyrx: smeargle uses transform Nuren: arcanine stalls with burn up
Turn 8: Wyrx: smeargle-arcanine uses burn up (nothing happens) Nuren: arcanine switches out to ho-oh
Turn 9: Nuren: ho-oh uses burn up and smeargle-arcanine faints (SE hit) Wyrx: n/a, sends out new smeargle >>smeargle-arcanine became at least part grass type(edited)
Turn 10: Wyrx: Smeargle uses transform into ho-oh Nuren: Ho-oh uses burn up (nothing happens)
Turn 11: Wyrx: Smeargle-ho-oh uses shadow ball (neutral damage) Nuren: ho-oh uses shadow ball (neutral damage) >>neither is normal type
Turn 12: Wyrx: smeargle-ho-oh uses burn up (nothing happens) Nuren: Ho-Oh stalls with roost
Turn 13: Wyrx: switch to smeargle Nuren: Ho-Oh stalls with roost.
Turn 14: Wyrx: Smeargle uses transform into ho-oh Nuren: ho-oh stalls with roost
Turn 15: Wyrx: smeargle-ho-oh uses burn up (nothing happens) Nuren: Ho-oh uses shadow ball (neutral damage) >>transformed burned-out ho-oh is not fire or normal type
Turn 16: Wyrx: smeargle-ho-oh stalls with roost Nuren: ho-oh switches to arcanine
Turn 17: Wyrx: smeargle-ho-oh uses giga drain (NVE) Nuren: Arcanine uses burn up (neutral)
Turn 18: Wyrx: switches out to smeargle Nuren: Arcanine uses burn up (nothing happens)
Turn 19: Wyrx: smeargle uses forest's curse Nuren: Arcanine uses burn up (nothing happens)
Turn 20: Nuren: arcanine switches to ho-oh Wyrx: smeargle uses forest's curse
Turn 21: Wyrx: Smeargle uses splash. Nuren: Ho-oh uses burn up.
Turn 22: Wyrx: smeargle uses transform into ho-oh Nuren: Ho-oh stalls with roost
Turn 23: Nuren: Ho-oh switches for smeargle Wyrx: smeargle-Ho-oh stalls with roost(edited)
Turn 24: Nuren: smeargle uses spore (nothing happens) Wyrx: ho-oh uses roost to stall >>transformed burned out ho-oh hit with forest's curse remains grass type
Turn 25: END

Differences in showdown. Note: Turn 9 the turn order gets shifted around because Smeargle didn't die due to incorrect burn up mechanics. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-697780715

Turn 1: Same as retail
Turn 2: Smeargle became a ??? type (Showdown) and not a Normal type (Retail)
Turn 3: Same as retail.
Turn 4: Smeargle hits Arcanine with shadowball(showdown) doesn't affect Arcanine(retail)
Turn 5: Same as retail both parties switch.
Turn 6: Smeargle used Forrest curse. Arcanine loses grass type + fire type (showdown) Arcanine loses Fire type and keeps Grass type (retail)
Turn 7: Smeargle transformed into Arcanine as a ??? only type (showdown) Smeargle becomes a Normal / Grass type (retail. tested in another battle)

Turn 8: Same as retail.
Turn 9: Ho-Oh hit smeargle-arcanine for neutral damage (showdown). Ho-Oh hit smeargle-arcanine for super effective damage + KO due to forest's curse (retail)
Turn 10: N/A had to switch due to faint in retail vs non faint in showdown.
Turn 11: Same as retail (Turn 10)
Turn 12: N/A incorrect move usage (used burnout to test if fire type)
Turn 13: Same as retail (Turn 11)
Turn 14: Same as retail (Turn 13) refer to the burnout test of Turn 12.
Turn 15: Same as retail (Turn 14)
Turn 16: Same as retail (Turn 15)
Turn 17: Same as retail (Turn 16)
Turn 18: Same as retail (Turn 17)
Turn 19: Same as retail (Turn 18)
Turn 20: Same as retail (Turn 19)
Turn 21: Same as retail (Turn 20)
Turn 22: Ho-Oh used burn up and became a ??? flying losing both its fire and grass typing from forest curse (showdown). Ho-Oh used burn up and became a grass-flying (retail) (Turn 21)
Turn 23: N/A Incorrect move usage
Turn 24: Smeargle transforms into a ??? flying type (showdown) Smeargle transforms into a Grass / Flying type (retail) (Turn 22)
Turn 25: Same as retail (turn 23)
Turn 26: Smeargle uses spore and puts Ho-Oh to sleep (showdown) Smeargle uses spore and nothing happens (retail turn 24)
Battle Ends.

Bolded the differences between the retail and showdown battle. TL;DR Burn up incorrectly removes the additional typing of forest's curse on both dual types and mono type pokemon. Having a pokemon transform into a mono-type pokemon that used burn up will result in a normal type not a ??? type.

Last edited:
Hello, for Gen 4 OU, it tells me Snorlax can't have Curse and Pursuit because it doesn't have a legal father (poor b-----d). However, this is false. There are legal fathers for Snorlax to have these moves.
This was an unexpected consequence of an attempt to fix chain breeding for the field egg group, and has now been fixed. Thanks for reporting it!
I was testing pressure and haze together and I found out this thing, if you're the pressure user you won't notice the -2 pps reduction of haze caused by the ability. But if you are the haze user you will see the reduction.
The PP in the choice buttons is generated by the server and is therefore always 100% accurate. The PP in the move track is only an estimate generated by the client; in this case, Haze affects the user, so the client thinks it's a self-targeting move and therefore not eligible for PP deduction.

Hi first of all I'd like to know if I'm wrong about stats changes when mega evolving any pokemon
Did all stats chanches the moment the poke have mega evolved or, as i know, it change all but Speed (which is modified the next turn)
Having said this, the bug I think I've seen, and proved with a friend, is when mega evolving any poke it's speed changes in the same turn you megaevo...not in the next turn

I've tested using Volcarona (max speed 328 with fav nature) and Diancie (max speed 218 with fav nature) which mega evolve and got 350 max speed and Diancie-Mega OHKO Volcarona with Rock Slide even though I've got much more speed from the begining
Then we tested out using Beedrill and Beedrill-Mega with Diancie-Mega. As we expected Beedril coludn't atack before Diancie-Mega, but if I megaevolve Beedrill attacks first

NOTE: This was tested without using prority moves (neither negative nor positive) and no speed modifier item. Moves used were Flamethrower, Rock Slide and Poison Jab only

REPLAYS:
Beedrill/Volcarona speed VS Dancie Speed: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699148269

Beedril/Volcarona Speed VS Diancie-Mega Speed: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699153602
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699154658

Beedrill-Mega VS Diancie-Mega Speed: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699155615

Beedrill.jpg
Diancie.jpg
Volcarona.jpg

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hi first of all I'd like to know if I'm wrong about stats changes when mega evolving any pokemon
Did all stats chanches the moment the poke have mega evolved or, as i know, it change all but Speed (which is modified the next turn)
Having said this, the bug I think I've seen, and proved with a friend, is when mega evolving any poke it's speed changes in the same turn you megaevo...not in the next turn
This is no longer true; As of Generation VII, Speed changes in Mega Evolution apply in the same turn as it Mega Evolved.

I've tested using Volcarona (max speed 328 with fav nature) and Diancie (max speed 218 with fav nature) which mega evolve and got 350 max speed and Diancie-Mega OHKO Volcarona with Rock Slide even though I've got much more speed from the begining
Then we tested out using Beedrill and Beedrill-Mega with Diancie-Mega. As we expected Beedril coludn't atack before Diancie-Mega, but if I megaevolve Beedrill attacks first

NOTE: This was tested without using prority moves (neither negative nor positive) and no speed modifier item. Moves used were Flamethrower, Rock Slide and Poison Jab only

REPLAYS:
Beedrill/Volcarona speed VS Dancie Speed: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699148269

Beedril/Volcarona Speed VS Diancie-Mega Speed: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699153602
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699154658

Beedrill-Mega VS Diancie-Mega Speed: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-699155615

View attachment 100580View attachment 100581View attachment 100585
This was changed in gen 7, now when the mon mega evolves it has the speed of the mega the same turn
EDIT: NInjed

Bug with Dancer:

When using Fiery Dance (or any other attacking Dance move), Oricorio attacks the Pokemon it targeted this turn (might be random). However, in game, it will always target the same target as its partner.

Example:
Volcarona selects Fiery Dance, targeting Metagross
Oricorio selects Revelation Dance, targeting Heatran
In game, Volcarona will use Fiery Dance, targeting Metagross. Then, Oricorio will trigger Dancer and use Fiery Dance, targeting Metagross. After that, Revelation Dance targets Heatran.
In Showdown, Volcarona will use Fiery Dance, targeting Metagross. Then, Oricorio will trigger Dancer and use Fiery Dance, targeting Heatran. After that, Revelation Dance targets Heatran.

I just encountered some weird bug with the endless battle clause.
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sharedpower-700202918

I had a Pyukumuku with Block/Recover/Recycle/Taunt and a Leppa Berry. When it consumed the Leppa Berry the first time, in turn 49, this warning popped up:
Thing [Pyukumuku] is in an endless loop: it used a Leppa Berry it didn't start with. - If all active Pokémon go in an endless loop, Endless Battle Clause will activate.
This is wrong, because it was the first time it consumed a Leppa Berry in this battle - it consumed exactly the one Leppa Berry it started with.

Then, in tunr 89, this warning appeared after the opposing Snorlax switched in:
Snorlax isn't losing PP or HP from repeatedly switching. If this continues, it will be classified as being in an endless loop
This is especially weird, because Snorlax actually lost PP between the switches due to using Facade.

In turn 96, that obscure warning appeared again, and in turn 97, I was declared as the loser because my Pyukumuku started with a Leppa Berry while both pokemon were in an endless loop. Actually only Pyukumuku was in an "endless loop" due to Leppa Berry + Recycle, but forced the opponent repeatedly to use PP by using Block to prevent a switch - and in that last turn, Snorlax even lost PP by using Facade.

Also, note that battle replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sharedpower-698424994
Here, even after 100s of turns consiting of only switches, no endless battle clause kicked in.

What happened here, why triggered the "endless switch" message in the first battle - where in fact was no endless switching - but not in the second one, where we switched endlessly without losing HP or PP for 100s of turns? And why was the battle ended in the first case at all? Please fix that as soon as possible - if it worked right, it would be great to make stall vs stall in Shared Power less of a problem as just switching endlessly wouldn't work anymore.

Last edited:
The teambuilder's telling me that Curse and ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite are incompatible, but shouldn't this not be the case as of pokemon crystal's release on the virtual console? Seems like a bug since you can pick up an Espeed Dratini in crystal and simply teach that curse - and I doubt anything's happened to that TM in Crystal.

hey in pokemon showdown it didn't recognize that silvally can learn the elemental pledges now.
It may have the "compatible" tag for all three of those tutors, but due to the way the NPC is implemented, it goes down the list and stops as soon as it sees a compatible move. So if you take Silvally to the pledge tutor, it will only attempt to teach Grass Pledge; there is no way to have them teach it Fire Pledge or Water Pledge, regardless of the memory it's holding and regardless of those moves ostensibly being flagged as compatible. Think of it being like Staryu in GS, which had Aurora Beam and Barrier on its egg move list even though there was obviously no legal way to realize learning them as egg moves.

Not sure if it's a bug, or the Showdown Staff not knowing the rules of VGC
But in VGC if all remaining mons faint from Perish Song the player with the SLOWEST (IE dies LAST) wins. But in the VGC 2018 Bracket, it is still adhereing to the Smogon ruleset.

Rory Mercury

lacks composure
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok so two things, the latter of which is admittedly more a question:
Delibird doesn't show up when using the priority parameter, assuming this is somehow related to the other incompatibilities.

While the BP of Explosion does go from 170 to 250 from Gen I to Gen II, the opponents defense is always halved prior to Gen V. As such I don't understand why PS doesn't use those mechanics in Gen III and Gen IV and instead just puts the BP as 500. I feel like this is also misleading concerning the actual strength of the moves for PS users.
From what I could gather from the game disassemblies it is never implemented as having 500 BP (at least not in Gen III, which it is on PS). Pokémon Ruby Explosion/Selfdestruct Mechanic and Pokémon Crystal Explosion/Selfdestruct Mechanic and Pokémon Showdown Gen II Explosion/Selfdestruct Mechanic.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Not sure if it's a bug, or the Showdown Staff not knowing the rules of VGC
But in VGC if all remaining mons faint from Perish Song the player with the SLOWEST (IE dies LAST) wins. But in the VGC 2018 Bracket, it is still adhereing to the Smogon ruleset.
Can you post a replay describing what you mean? The interaction of Perish Song you're describing is working correctly for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)