Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
To my knowledge, as of gen 7 you need to have an item to use trick. This was not the case in gen 6, so if those sources haven't updated since then that's probably why.
Even if that's true, this bug still occurs in Gen 6 and possibly previous gens too. Here's an example from only a couple of pages back:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513830822

turn 34, i clicked trick with my itemless mr. mime against a metang holding an item. the move failed. earlier in the game, i had tricked my choice scarf onto a clefairy, also holding an eviolite, which proceeded to knock off the eviolite my mr. mime stole. in-game, trick only fails if neither pokemon is holding an item, and it doesn't matter if the items are the same.

ive noticed this happen several times recently, but this is the first time it happened during one of my games. it seems to be a recent bug, ive been able to trick items purely away before.

this game is gen 6 pu. i don't know if something in sun and moon changed trick's mechanics, but if it did, its affecting gen 6. according to bulbapedia, trick's mechanics were not changed, but its bulbapedia.
I have no idea whether the mechanics were changed in Gen 7 and I'm not able to test it, but either way this is still a bug in Gen 6 (assuming my sources are correct).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
To my knowledge, as of gen 7 you need to have an item to use trick. This was not the case in gen 6, so if those sources haven't updated since then that's probably why.
This is just straight incorrect. Trick only fails if neither Pokemon are holding an item, or if one of the items is locked (such as vs Giratina-O). Trick was not changed in Gen 7. What people are describing is a bug.

Hi, I don't know if they are bugs or just errors of data, but I'm reporting them here anyway:

in VGC 2017:

1. Oricorio's Dancer abilitie + Petal Dance: In Showdown Oricorio keeps locked in Petal Dance after the first use, while in 3DS it doesn't.

2. Another error is also related to Dancer: if the Dancer user is sleeping (e.g. Trace Porygon 2 or other Oricorio), the Dancer abilitie keeps working even through the sleep in Showdown, while it don't work that way in 3DS.

English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for any mistake.
Thanks!

Last edited:
According to the first post in this thread , reflect type should fail if used against a typeless previously fire type pokemon.
  • Reflect Type fails against purely "typeless" previously-Fire-type Pokemon, by using Forest's Curse on it, then using Burn Up, and then using Reflect Type on it, the Reflect Type user becomes Normal/Grass. (Marty)
but as shown in this replay reflect type doesn't fail when used against the arcanine that became typeless due to burn up.

I have a bug to report.

When using a Pokemon with a trapping ability (Dugtrio, Magnezone, Alolan Golem, etc...) The "You Might be trapped, so you won't be able to cancel a switch" warning only pops up when the opponent has the ability. I tested with two accounts simultaneously and found that when I used a Magnezone with Analytic, the "You might be trapped..." message does not come up. Idk why the 'warning' is there, it may as well just say 'you're trapped' from the get-go.

Ok so, I have found a presumed bug: I was in a VGC battle and my core was lilligant+oricorio.
I have used petal dance with lilligant and the ability "dancer" of my oricorio activated in the same turn.
The strange thing is that the next turn I was locked in petal dance. I have checked on bulbapedia to make sure it was not a bug, but a game's mechanich, but there is written that
"If a Pokémon copies Petal Dance via Dancer, it will not be locked into the move".

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-517825289

Unfortunately I've lost the original battle replay, but I've tested it again just to be sure, and the result was the same.
Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

I don't know if any similar cases have been reported recently, but for some reason, Fire Blast is listed as a legal move on Eelektross, which shouldn't be the case (in Monotype, not BH or something like that).

upload_2017-1-15_21-9-54.png

Edit: PS!, however, did tell me that Fire Blast was incompatible with Eelektross when I tried to validate my team.

Last edited:
I have a bug to report.

When using a Pokemon with a trapping ability (Dugtrio, Magnezone, Alolan Golem, etc...) The "You Might be trapped, so you won't be able to cancel a switch" warning only pops up when the opponent has the ability. I tested with two accounts simultaneously and found that when I used a Magnezone with Analytic, the "You might be trapped..." message does not come up. Idk why the 'warning' is there, it may as well just say 'you're trapped' from the get-go.
There is no message of trap in the game series, you only realize it when you try to switch.

This is a singles, gen 7 glitch involving Emergency Exit by Golisopod. I've been playing a lot of singles, but I crit a golisopod under 50% with my Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave, and it never switched. My opponent had pokemon to switch to and Golisopod was not trapped. It never used its item. This needs some looking into - because Golisopod wasn't forced out, I lost my Queen and 50% on another mon, so it was a rather big deal.
Turn 16: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-518186708

This is a singles, gen 7 glitch involving Emergency Exit by Golisopod. I've been playing a lot of singles, but I crit a golisopod under 50% with my Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave, and it never switched. My opponent had pokemon to switch to and Golisopod was not trapped. It never used its item. This needs some looking into - because Golisopod wasn't forced out, I lost my Queen and 50% on another mon, so it was a rather big deal.
Turn 16: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-518186708
Your Nidoqueen has sheer force, which prevents Emergency Exit from activating.

Screenshot_2017-01-08-21-14-54.png
Screenshot_2017-01-08-21-15-11.png

As you can see, my opponent started off with gyarados but it was apparently a gastrodon that has an unbreakable illusion and also has intimidate. In all seriousness, what happened and why was that even possible!? The gyarados didn't even swap out but I got intimidate dropped and the sprite was gyarados instead of gastrodon.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The teambuilder won't let you use pokemon that have a z move that can boost speed, a z move that can boost attack, and baton pass, even though the pokemon can't actually pass speed+another stat. For example, the below set is banned at builder

Lopunny @ Normalium Z
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Splash Z: +3 to attack
- Baton Pass
- Encore Z: +1 to Speed
-

e: actually even after taking off encore it's banned. idk what I'm missing but either way something isn't right with banning z moves+BP or the reason the teambuilder gives for the set being illegal

Last edited:
In the team builder, sitrus berry is erroneously listed in gen 3 as restoring 1/4 of hp when you get below half health, when it actually just serves as a clone of gen 2's gold berrry, restoring 30 hp when hp drops below 1/3rd of max health.

MichaelXD2

Banned deucer.
Gust is missing from the smogon damage calculator. Had everyone forgotten about that move? Various other Pokemon, flying and even non-flying types can learn it.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Gust is missing from the smogon damage calculator. Had everyone forgotten about that move? Various other Pokemon, flying and even non-flying types can learn it.
Gust isn't really a relevant move competitively, so it's not featured on the Damagecalc. If you really want to do a calc involving gust, just select a special flying move like Air Slash, Aeroblast etc. and set the power to 40 (80 if you want to calc it during bounce/fly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)