Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSentFromHell

Banned deucer.
The timer in random battle needs to be fixed. You know how when someone stalls the timer until it says "Username has 10 seconds left" for the first turn it cuts 30 seconds off their next turn when they stall again, but then they play normally for the next two turns after that (3 and 4) and it gives them some of their time back so they can stall even longer. It shouldn't be doing that.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The timer in random battle needs to be fixed. You know how when someone stalls the timer until it says "Username has 10 seconds left" for the first turn it cuts 30 seconds off their next turn when they stall again, but then they play normally for the next two turns after that (3 and 4) and it gives them some of their time back so they can stall even longer. It shouldn't be doing that.
That's how it's supposed to work. If there is a period of a match where one player would require a lot of time to think, fight connection issues and/or calc hits, it wouldn't be fair to leave them with only 50 seconds to battle with for the last 15 turns of a 20 turn match, just because they took long time to decide in the first 5 turns.

Of course, that doesn't mean timerstalling is OK. It's just that finding a system that leaves room for thinking time without leaving it susceptible to timerstalling that everyone can be happy with is pretty much impossible. If your opponent is excessively abusing the timer, I suggest that you report them to a global driver or higher (users marked with a @ in the help room).

This:

Swanna lost 38.9% of its health!
Swanna was poisoned!
[Swanna's Hydration!]
Swanna was cured of its poisoning.
The opposing Swalot restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!
Swanna was hurt by poison!

Wut??

I got an impossible damage roll with Doom Desire. According to the calc, with 150 base Spatt (Dialga's base, but no STAB due to MMY-Imposter being my curret mon) it should do at least 63.9% of damag with uninvested SpAtt at +6 (but Dialga had 252 SpAtt with modest nature).
+6 0 SpA (150 SpA base) Mewtwo-Mega-Y Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 266-313 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(266, 269, 272, 275, 278, 281, 284, 287, 291, 294, 297, 300, 303, 306, 309, 313)

In the battle however, the opposing MMY took only 50% of damage: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-579714506

I got an impossible damage roll with Doom Desire. According to the calc, with 150 base Spatt (Dialga's base, but no STAB due to MMY-Imposter being my curret mon) it should do at least 63.9% of damag with uninvested SpAtt at +6 (but Dialga had 252 SpAtt with modest nature).
+6 0 SpA (150 SpA base) Mewtwo-Mega-Y Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 266-313 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(266, 269, 272, 275, 278, 281, 284, 287, 291, 294, 297, 300, 303, 306, 309, 313)

In the battle however, the opposing MMY took only 50% of damage: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-579714506
You sure do seem to post a lot of bug reports without actually making sure it's a bug. Doom Desire calculates damage using only the stats of the Pokémon that used it, and none of the stats or statuses of the active Pokémon if those are different. Additionally, STAB is considered even if the user if the move is inactive at the time of the hit, even though its item and ability are not in that case.

252+ SpA Dialga Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 195-229 (46.8 - 55%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO

Seriously, your opponent even tried to explain it to you...

Hey, so I had a glitch. I went through 30 pages without finding anything similar, so I'll just throw this here:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579852750

I have my Zapdos hit 16 times by a Tyranitar using Pursuit.
Thanks to Zapdos having Pressure, this should leave Tyranitar with 0PP left.
The tooltip confirms this, displaying 0 pursuit left (turn 47).
Now thinking it's safe, I switch out my Zapdos.
My opponent uses Pursuit and KO's my Zapdos (turn 48).

You sure do seem to post a lot of bug reports without actually making sure it's a bug. Doom Desire calculates damage using only the stats of the Pokémon that used it, and none of the stats or statuses of the active Pokémon if those are different. Additionally, STAB is considered even if the user if the move is inactive at the time of the hit, even though its item and ability are not in that case.

252+ SpA Dialga Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 195-229 (46.8 - 55%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO

Seriously, your opponent even tried to explain it to you...
But doom desire uses the stat modifiers thate active when it hit? Using Foom Desire first and then boosting SpA with Tail Glow increases its Damage output; in the replay I impostered the opponent's MMY, which had +6 SpA, rather than using a boosting move like Tail Glow.

Last edited:
But doom desire uses the stat modifiers thate active when it hit? Using Foom Desire first and then boosting SpA with Tail Glow increases its Damage output; in the replay I impostered the opponent's MMY, which had +6 SpA, rather than using a boosting move like Tail Glow.
Perhaps I was unclear: Doom Desire and Future Sight only use the stats and modifiers of the original user of the move. Since the Dialga was not at +6, it's SpA was not calculated as such.

P.S.: Please include the turn number when you post a replay if the bug isn't within the first three turns. It's annoying to have to watch a battle all the way through to the end just for one turn, and BH battles are especially daunting with their propensity to go beyond 50 or even 100 turns.

Hi guys, reporting illegal dual moves on alolan raichu, in hope that I'll be proven wrong because I infact like to avail of this, and want to be able to achieve it on my 3DS.

Alolan-Raichu can learn Surf via the event from a previous gen, and it can learn nasty plot from pichu at level 13. But it cannot learn both, its one or the other. If I'm wrong please give an explanation on how I can achieve this

Thanks - JB

Hi guys, reporting illegal dual moves on alolan raichu, in hope that I'll be proven wrong because I infact like to avail of this, and want to be able to achieve it on my 3DS.

Alolan-Raichu can learn Surf via the event from a previous gen, and it can learn nasty plot from pichu at level 13. But it cannot learn both, its one or the other. If I'm wrong please give an explanation on how I can achieve this
Apparently, there is a way. Pokemon Box has a Pichu with Surf as a reward, so you'd just have to transfer it all the way to Gen VII, learning Nasty Plot before evolving into Pikachu in the way, evolve the Pikachu in Sun/Moon, and you get an Alolan Raichu with both Nasty Plot and Surf, so it's technically legal (but as legit as encountering things like a Salamence with Wish, as in almost impossible).

It's incompatible with all egg moves, though.

breh

強いだね
Apparently, there is a way. Pokemon Box has a Pichu with Surf as a reward, so you'd just have to transfer it all the way to Gen VII, learning Nasty Plot before evolving into Pikachu in the way, evolve the Pikachu in Sun/Moon, and you get an Alolan Raichu with both Nasty Plot and Surf, so it's technically legal (but as legit as encountering things like a Salamence with Wish, as in almost impossible).

It's incompatible with all egg moves, though.
can't transfer pokemon with HM moves past gen 3 or 4

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Hey, so I had a glitch. I went through 30 pages without finding anything similar, so I'll just throw this here:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-579852750

I have my Zapdos hit 16 times by a Tyranitar using Pursuit.
Thanks to Zapdos having Pressure, this should leave Tyranitar with 0PP left.
The tooltip confirms this, displaying 0 pursuit left (turn 47).
Now thinking it's safe, I switch out my Zapdos.
My opponent uses Pursuit and KO's my Zapdos (turn 48).
if u put timer on/off when your opponent leaves, u cant use timer again
Both of those should be fixed after the next server restart.
To clarify, the problem with the timer was not the disconnection, but the "can't be re-enabled so soon" message, which falsely made the client think the timer was enabled when it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)