Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickeroo is bugged in Dual Wielding, the items in the ability slots are gone after a switch: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7dualwielding-657670656
My Gengar tricked Sticky Barb + Black Sludge onto the opposing Mandibuzz, so that it takes 25% damage per turn and received Leftovers + Rocky Helmet in return. When the Mandibuzz switched out and back in, its Black Sludge, which was in the ability slot, was gone, so that it only lost 12.5% of HP per turn. Same happened with my Gengar's leftovers, which were gone too when it came back in later.

Got impossible damage rolls in a C&E tournament battle, played in Doubles OU.
Battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-657738399
Luckily I used Knock Off with Pansage the first turn, so that it is clearly visible that the opposing Mantyke was itemless when the impossible rolls against Baltoy, which had a never consumed Wiki Berry, occured.
The first roll of 51% is possible assuming no SpA investment and a -SpA nature, which is very unlikely to be the case.
0- SpA Mantyke Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 138-164 (48.5 - 57.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
The second roll, after Baltoy's Calm Mind, was too high, as the calc shows:
0- SpA Mantyke Scald vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 92-110 (32.3 - 38.7%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO

Also, the "Ready" button did not work when I tried to accept my opponent's challenge in the AAA tournament in the OM room. Cleared Cookies and Cache and tried it on my phone without success, so it is clearly an issue of Showdown and not a local one.

Edit: asked my opponent about the Mantyke's spread - it was max SpA and SpDef. And here are the calcs, how much damage it should have done:
252+ SpA Mantyke Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 236-278 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mantyke Scald vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 156-186 (54.9 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means the rolls inbattle actually were far too low.

Last edited:

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Got impossible damage rolls in a C&E tournament battle, played in Doubles OU.
Battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-657738399
Luckily I used Knock Off with Pansage the first turn, so that it is clearly visible that the opposing Mantyke was itemless when the impossible rolls against Baltoy, which had a never consumed Wiki Berry, occured.
The first roll of 51% is possible assuming no SpA investment and a -SpA nature, which is very unlikely to be the case.
0- SpA Mantyke Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 138-164 (48.5 - 57.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
The second roll, after Baltoy's Calm Mind, was too high, as the calc shows:
0- SpA Mantyke Scald vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 92-110 (32.3 - 38.7%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO

Also, the "Ready" button did not work when I tried to accept my opponent's challenge in the AAA tournament in the OM room. Cleared Cookies and Cache and tried it on my phone without success, so it is clearly an issue of Showdown and not a local one.

Edit: asked my opponent about the Mantyke's spread - it was max SpA and SpDef. And here are the calcs, how much damage it should have done:
252+ SpA Mantyke Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 236-278 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mantyke Scald vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 156-186 (54.9 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means the rolls inbattle actually were far too low.
As a quick calc shows, your opponent's Mantyke was probably not Modest;
252 SpA Mantyke Scald vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Baltoy: 144-170 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Can't access roomlogs for rooms I have authority in.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/logs.psim.us/lib/common.inc.php on line 97
You are logged in as +wgma.
Your account needs to be authorized. Log in on a roomdriver/globaldriver account or higher.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Can't access roomlogs for rooms I have authority in.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/logs.psim.us/lib/common.inc.php on line 97
You are logged in as +wgma.
Your account needs to be authorized. Log in on a roomdriver/globaldriver account or higher.
the most recent crashes/restarts seem to have fixed that

Emergency Exit on Golisopod, at least for RU, isnt working. I played 3 games in a row to be sure and in them went to 27% or less and was able to attack, then the turn ended and i never switched out.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Emergency Exit on Golisopod, at least for RU, isnt working. I played 3 games in a row to be sure and in them went to 27% or less and was able to attack, then the turn ended and i never switched out.
If the damage dealt to Golisopod was by a Nidoqueen or any other mon with Sheer Force, that negates Emergency Exit activating.

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
When we try to say "AG" (Anything Goes, I don't if it has any other meaning), the site say that this word is banned.

Last edited:

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Whenever you link on PS ''wi-fi'' exactly like how I typed it, it will open 2 chatrooms. The normal W-Fi room and some mysterious blank room called ''wi-fi''. You cannot chat there nor commands seem to display. Whenever closing the mysterious room, it automatically closes the original one as well. Closing the original one does not close automatically the mysterious one

https://imgur.com/a/sdU9S

NON-RELATED TO THE POST EDIT (Just to avoid double-posting):

Although Secret Sword is necessary to obtain Keldeo-Resolute, it's possible to for Keldeo to learn Secret Sword without changing forme.
To be more precise, it can obtain Secret Sword from Black and White 1 where the Resolute form didn't exist.

Last edited:
I had a really strange bug happening in this game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-660000628
In turn 64, I clicked on Giratina to switch it in and avoid trapping - definitely no misclick, I can exactly remember seeing the message that Giratina will switch in, replacing Chansey. Then, I got disconnected (why is Showdown so damn sensitive regarding disconnects, it is not exactly a game where lag or delay matters...?) and while I was disconnected, for some reason, Chansey stayed in and used one of its - imprisoned - moves, resulting in a Struggle, so that I lost the match, which was a tournament final.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Apparently, popups do not work anymore. I asked in the Help room and people tried to link it to ad block. I turned it off, refreshed the browser and tried it again. It still didn't work. I turned off all the extensions I had and refreshed 3 more times, still did not work. I asked around and people told me they were experiencing the same issue. When I asked Brandon, he said it might possibly be because Chrome sees PS as "Insecure". I thought it was always there but I might be mistaken.

In generation 2 (GSC) the move "Struggle" is supposed to have 1/4 recoil (quoting Bulbapedia: Generations II and III [...] and its recoil damage is equal to ¼ of the damage the attack did to the opponent" https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Struggle_(move)#Generations_II_and_III).

On showdown the recoil damage is implemented as 1/2 instead.

I know that Bulbapedia is not guaranteed to always be correct but I don´t have a better source to confirm the actual struggle damage but someone could try to test that on cartridge.

Sceptross

The words were voted out by a landslide
is a Community Contributor
In generation 2 (GSC) the move "Struggle" is supposed to have 1/4 recoil (quoting Bulbapedia: Generations II and III [...] and its recoil damage is equal to ¼ of the damage the attack did to the opponent" https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Struggle_(move)#Generations_II_and_III).

On showdown the recoil damage is implemented as 1/2 instead.

I know that Bulbapedia is not guaranteed to always be correct but I don´t have a better source to confirm the actual struggle damage but someone could try to test that on cartridge.
I've made a video to confirm if Struggle recoil in gen 2 is 1/4 as Bulbapedia claims. It is:

As we can see from the video, Heracross takes 28 damage from Struggle recoil, after having done 115 damage. 115/4 = 28.75 aka 28 rounded down.

there seems to be a bug with the ultra burst feature, when I tried to ultra and then cancel my move, i got the error message "[Invalid choice] Sorry, too late to cancel; the next turn has already started" but the next move never actually happened, and after turning on the timer, the time didn't go down and the battle did not progress

Reactions: Ren
Stakataka turns around when you make him Shiny.

EDIT: This is in Teambuilder for sure, not 100% sure if it's in battle as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)