Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Your implementation of Battle Spot Special 8 has exactly three clauses...
One mythical
Species clause
Item Clause

It has no actual legality clause. It's literally classic hackmons with restricted mythicals, species clause, and item clause.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotspecial8-690369256
Adding on to this:
There's no EV limit (so 252 in everything is legal), and CAP pokemon / abilities seem to not work. My team was rejected for the following reasons: - You must bring at least 3 Pokémon. - Colossoil does not exist. Team is in hide tag.
Colossoil
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 99
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sheer Cold
- Extreme Evoboost
- Thousand Arrows
- Earthquake

I had a tour game that lasted a while so i wanted to go back and look through it again, but when I skipped back turns my avatar began to cycle between other avatars, but only those of the main characters of their respective game (i.e. Lyra, Hilda, Red, etc.) I have a series of screenshots of the same turn here: so you can see that it was randomly cycling every time I clicked the last turn.

Battle timer is turning on and claiming I requested it, despite me not doing anything of the sort. (Only happened once, can't seem to recreate the issue. Am 100% confident I didn't enable it however.)

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
there is an issue with kingdra, if we trust the last tiers update "Kingdra moved from OU to UU" but the ingame reality is :
1516309340745.png
chrome_2018-01-18_22-00-44.png

I got in a battle and I couldn't see anything except the field and the trainer sprites.
I reloaded and chose a pokemon, but nothing seemed to happen.
I clicked cancel, but it said that the next turn had started.
In the end, I couldn't do anything
Was this a wifi problem or a problem with the website
Screenshot 2018-01-18 at 18.40.01.png

That's what happened a few seconds after I reloaded for the 7th time

As this replay shows, endless battle clause doesn't activate even after over a hundred turns of neither side using PP. I think that needs to be changed, since as it stands now, players could easily create a Shared Power team that abuses Unaware+Multiscale+Magic Guard+Regenerator and can beat many opponents by simply switching constantly until the opponent forfeits.

As this replay shows, endless battle clause doesn't activate even after over a hundred turns of neither side using PP. I think that needs to be changed, since as it stands now, players could easily create a Shared Power team that abuses Unaware+Multiscale+Magic Guard+Regenerator and can beat many opponents by simply switching constantly until the opponent forfeits.
I think the way endless battle clause works is that one person is deliberately forcing an endless battle for the opponent. For example, the infamous funbro (starts at around 8:30). If both players willingly allow an endless battle, the game doesn't take that into account. If such a situation does happen inside of a game (2 pokemon constantly switching, without hazards up or any other way of dealing damage to the opponent, or something else), it's very uncommon, but you can call a global admin to enforce a draw.

There seems to be a strange issue with the custap berry in gen 4. I don't know about the other gens but it seems leftovers disappears.
I observed this in a battle I was spectating.
Here are the logs
Battle timer is ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up.
Format:
[Gen 4] OU
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
Battle between We Three Kings and Triangles started!
Go! Uxie!
Triangles sent out Registeel!
Turn 1
☆We Three Kings: ok stoss
Uxie used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the opposing team!
The opposing Registeel used Seismic Toss!
Uxie lost 33% of its health!
Turn 2
☆We Three Kings: agian
Uxie used Stealth Rock!
But it failed!
Turn 3
☆We Three Kings: again
Uxie used Stealth Rock!
But it failed!
Turn 4
☆We Three Kings: ok lets see
☆Triangles: see what
Triangles has 285 seconds left.
☆Triangles: shd i toss again
☆We Three Kings: do u have a non dmging move
☆Triangles: yeah
Triangles has 270 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: use that
Uxie ate its Custap Berry!
Custap Berry activated.
Uxie used Trick!
Uxie switched items with its target!
The opposing Registeel obtained one Custap Berry.
Uxie obtained one Leftovers.
The opposing Registeel used Curse!
The opposing Registeel's Speed fell!
The opposing Registeel's Attack rose!
The opposing Registeel's Defense rose!
Turn 5
☆We Three Kings: ok
☆We Three Kings: do u have
☆We Three Kings: the custap berry now
We Three Kings has 285 seconds left.
Triangles has 285 seconds left.
☆Triangles: yes
☆We Three Kings: ok thx
☆We Three Kings: lmao
☆We Three Kings: i wonder if thats correct
We Three Kings has 270 seconds left.
Triangles has 270 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: seemed weird
☆Triangles: that seems weird intuitively
+Rebirth101: why didn't you get lefties recovery?
We Three Kings has 255 seconds left.
Triangles has 255 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: yea i dont have the lefties
☆We Three Kings: i didnt even notice that
We Three Kings has 240 seconds left.
Triangles has 240 seconds left.
☆Triangles: man thats really weird lol
+Lavos: O__O
+Lavos: bug catcher Lasse
We Three Kings has 225 seconds left.
Triangles has 225 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: give researcher badge
☆We Three Kings: >_>
☆We Three Kings: curse again
+Rebirth101: lol
Uxie used Trick!
Uxie obtained one Custap Berry.
Turn 6
Triangles has 225 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: lefties gone yea
☆We Three Kings: lmao
We Three Kings has 255 seconds left.
☆We Three Kings: ok again
Uxie ate its Custap Berry!
Custap Berry activated.
Uxie used Trick!
The opposing Registeel obtained one Custap Berry.

I think the way endless battle clause works is that one person is deliberately forcing an endless battle for the opponent. For example, the infamous funbro (starts at around 8:30). If both players willingly allow an endless battle, the game doesn't take that into account. If such a situation does happen inside of a game (2 pokemon constantly switching, without hazards up or any other way of dealing damage to the opponent, or something else), it's very uncommon, but you can call a global admin to enforce a draw.
The situation I was referring to was one where the stall player has no intention of ever doing anything but switching (in other words, their only wincon is to force forfeits) while the offense player gains nothing from attacking because any damage they can do will be immediately undone by the opponent's Regenerator - essentially, the stall player is giving their opponent the choice to either forfeit, spend a few hundred turns using up all their PP then Struggling themselves to death, or constantly switch and thus make the battle endless. That situation isn't likely to happen in most metas, but in Shared Power it could, and it seems like something the Endless Battle Clause should prevent.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
The situation I was referring to was one where the stall player has no intention of ever doing anything but switching (in other words, their only wincon is to force forfeits) while the offense player gains nothing from attacking because any damage they can do will be immediately undone by the opponent's Regenerator - essentially, the stall player is giving their opponent the choice to either forfeit, spend a few hundred turns using up all their PP then Struggling themselves to death, or constantly switch and thus make the battle endless. That situation isn't likely to happen in most metas, but in Shared Power it could, and it seems like something the Endless Battle Clause should prevent.
The Endless Battle Clause was updated not all that long ago to include a provision that battles will auto-tie at 1000 turns. Reducing that number is definitely not something to discuss in this thread.

If the scenario you're talking about is a major issue, then perhaps the leader of Shared Power should address the broken element - I suggest bringing it up with them.

It does happen in OU too though. For example when both teams are full stall and use a Regenerator core then it is possible that the optimal strategy for both of them will be to just switch all the time and stall forever (I have been a participant in at least 1 such a battle).

Maybe it would be nice to detect this and force a random battle of some kind in order to determine the winner.

I am trying to play gen 6 ou. My team used to work, but now (after addition of gen 7) it doesn't because apparently my thundurus has hp dragon. I have it set for hp ice (I have tried all the iv combos and even clicked the button for hp ice) but when I click "Search" it says my team was rejected because my thundurus has ivs for hp dragon not hp ice

I am trying to play gen 6 ou. My team used to work, but now (after addition of gen 7) it doesn't because apparently my thundurus has hp dragon. I have it set for hp ice (I have tried all the iv combos and even clicked the button for hp ice) but when I click "Search" it says my team was rejected because my thundurus has ivs for hp dragon not hp ice
It needs 30 IV in Defense to use HP Ice, Hyper Training didn't exist in gen 6.

Using /forfeit yields the message "Forfeit failed" in addition to its regular function, even when battle players aren't messed with (like in a previous post).
1516580417077.png

Inheritance, my Mega Garde is inheriting from a noivern with no nickname and it comes up with the nick pumpkaboo
My opponent's mega pidgeot has the same thing with noivern/pumpkaboo and their munchlax inheriting from furfrou is nicknamed Persian
All of them have overlapping abilities with the nicknames just not sure what is going on with it

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7inheritance-692604831

Image below is proof my garde isnt nicknamed pumpkaboo lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When dragging a roomtab from the top of your screen to the right (so you can view two rooms at once), it might "fail", resulting in the disappearnce of the roomtab. However, you are still able to view the room you were dragging in the left side of your screen. An "x", normally on a roomtab so you can close it, is present left of your most-left roomtab on the right half of your screen (confusing much). "Home" is a lighter color than normally when viewing two chatrooms at once, so I think that the client acts as if "Home" is a chatroom (The left chatroom is "Nederlands")

(pic 1)

(Pic 2, with the "x" visible and red)

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In DPP LC, Tickle Wynaut is incorrectly listed as incompatible with other moves, when it should be legal with them.
To clarify, although Tickle would normally be incompatible with the later learned level up moves (Counter, Safeguard, Destiny Bond, and Mirror Coat) since it's an egg event, as the egg event is in gen 3 it should still be completely possible to Pomeg Glitch these moves onto Wynaut. Since every generation of LC allows the Pomeg Glitch, this is indeed a bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)