Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Check out turns 10 and 11 of this replay...
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-783166174

If both pokemon have a speed tie, then the pokemon who attacks first is chosen randomly and then the alternate pokemon gets to hit first right? If Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Alakazam have a speed tie, then the first pokemon to attack is chosen randomly in the first turn and then in the next turn, the alternate pokemon gets to attack first right? That's how a speed tie is decided correct?

If both Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl have a speed tie, then how did Mega Alakazam attack first twice in turns 10 and 11?
Please clear my doubts and also please tell me are any special preferences or advantages provided to pokemon during battle who are of OU in the OU tier battles over UU or any other tier?

I would really appreciate it if my doubts are cleared.
Speed ties determine randomly each turn who acts first - there's no set order at all. Much like a coin can land on heads twice in a row a Pokemon can win a speed tie multiple turns in a row.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Check out turns 10 and 11 of this replay...
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-783166174

If both pokemon have a speed tie, then the pokemon who attacks first is chosen randomly and then the alternate pokemon gets to hit first right? If Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Alakazam have a speed tie, then the first pokemon to attack is chosen randomly in the first turn and then in the next turn, the alternate pokemon gets to attack first right? That's how a speed tie is decided correct?

If both Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl have a speed tie, then how did Mega Alakazam attack first twice in turns 10 and 11?
Please clear my doubts and also please tell me are any special preferences or advantages provided to pokemon during battle who are of OU in the OU tier battles over UU or any other tier?

I would really appreciate it if my doubts are cleared.
No, Speed ties are determined on every individual turn, just like any other probability in Pokemon.

Showdown is saying that my Level 12 Salamence with only Dragon Claw is illegal in Gen 7 OU. It says Salamence must be at least level 50. But you can catch Salamence as low as level 9 in SM. So this needs to be fixed.

I'd just like to add to this bug by saying that it's not even limited to Salamence! This error occurs with every single underleveled mon, to my knowledge, barring Original Cap Pikachu and the Totems. It seems PS! has trouble with underleveled Pokemon in general. Here's a list of ones I did, for example (and I've tested transferring certain ones like Poliwrath, Electrode and Jynx and they work fine, so I don't think it's a matter of Poke Transfer & level legality.)
Capture.PNG

Here's a good resource for a list of underleveled Pokemon, and from what I've tried, not a single one of them works. I think PS! should implement these for the sake of legality. Dragonite in particular has some competitive relevance due to being legal for VGC08 (as that was the reason why the event was distributed). Though, I'm not entirely sure if VGC had event mon checks at the time - all I know is that VGC08 did not level mons down like they do in the modern games.

EDIT: Also worth noting - most of the traded/event trade evolutions on that list almost always evolve into their evolution once they're received (examples of such include Blue (Japan) In-Game Trade Haunter and Toys "R" Us Trade and Battle Day Haunter).

Last edited:
View attachment 130085
This set isn't legally obtainable in game, yet I'm able to get it in Random Battles. Extreme Speed, Shift Gear and Blaze Kick are only compatible when Shiny and while having the Hasty nature.

I do know there are several other pokemon that aren't legal in game due to leveling purposes like Arceus being below level 100, so I don't know how this is specifically looked at, but I felt the need to report this specific incident anyway.
Moveset illegalities such as these are ignored in Random Battles.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
So i got this visual bug from a ticket: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-783039299

the first turns (5-10)

LandorusT put Gravity on the field, when Excadrill got in the balloon wasnt displayed, and after the gravity ended excadrill was inmune to ground type moves without showing the air balloon, so the opponent was unable to know that excadrill wouldnt be affected
This is not a bug, Air Balloon only announces itself on switch in. If you switch in with the item supressed Gravity/Klutz/Magic Room it won't announce itself but will still work when the supression ends (runs out/skill swap)

Hi, in my recent random doubles battles there were suddenly 2 Raichu icons in my opponents pokemon list (see first screenshot), while there were no Zorua/Zoroark in any of our teams (as can be seen from the second screenshot). One of the icons disappeared when my opponent sent out their last mon.

Attachments

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm pretty sure that Growth Eevee (and the evolutions) have to be Shiny to know it, but this is not in the Teambuilder's Validation System.

Growth Eeveelutions could only be obtained via the Catch 'em All Station Event's Shiny Eevee Event, much like Lovely Kiss Nidoran-F, etc. But unlike some, it was coded to be shiny;
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_'Em_All_event_Pokémon#Growth_Eevee

This means that it requires to have specific DVs, as Shiny Pokemon can only have 10 in everything but Attack. One thing for sure is that you cannot have Maxed DVs for a Shiny Pokemon: that combination does not beget a Shiny.

I believe this was brought up in a thread some years back, but was never picked up on despite it being a big issue (See: GrowthVap). Could an investigation be organized so this can be put to rest?

Attachments

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm pretty sure that Growth Eevee (and the evolutions) have to be Shiny to know it, but this is not in the Teambuilder's Validation System.

Growth Eeveelutions could only be obtained via the Catch 'em All Station Event's Shiny Eevee Event, much like Lovely Kiss Nidoran-F, etc. But unlike some, it was coded to be shiny;
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Gotta_Catch_'Em_All_event_Pokémon#Growth_Eevee

This means that it requires to have specific DVs, as Shiny Pokemon can only have 10 in everything but Attack. One thing for sure is that you cannot have Maxed DVs for a Shiny Pokemon: that combination does not beget a Shiny.

I believe this was brought up in a thread some years back, but was never picked up on despite it being a big issue (See: GrowthVap). Could an investigation be organized so this can be put to rest?
https://web.archive.org/web/20030124023941/http://www.pokemon.com/events/events8.asp

I'm not going to pretend the official Pokemon site has ever been the most reliable thing, but unless someone has actual undeniable proof that they were only available Shiny, we have to trust the official site over Bulbapedia (which also lists that exact page as a reference for this...). Bulbapedia also claims Growth Eevee can be female which is obviously impossible if it was always Shiny, so everything about that entry becomes questionable.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
https://web.archive.org/web/20030124023941/http://www.pokemon.com/events/events8.asp

I'm not going to pretend the official Pokemon site has ever been the most reliable thing, but unless someone has actual undeniable proof that they were only available Shiny, we have to trust the official site over Bulbapedia (which also lists that exact page as a reference for this...). Bulbapedia also claims Growth Eevee can be female which is obviously impossible if it was always Shiny, so everything about that entry becomes questionable.
I'm pretty sure that this would be hard information to find, then. Perhaps ask the Bulbapedia Editors or Joe Merrick about it? One thing I do notice from the website is that it does not note that Eevee comes in a "rare color" like it does with the Fully Evolved Kanto Starters. It notes rare color with the non evolved forms as well, while it does not with Eevee.

I do think an investigation is in order due to how ambiguous this is. If you have time, as I'm sure you're busy. Going by what you've sent here I think this may actually be an error on Bulbapedia's part. I do think clarification is required, though.

A Random Duck

Banned deucer.
I was playing Gen 7 Battle Factory just now and I believe this Delphox is missing all of its EVs. From what I could replicate in teambuilder, it does have a timid nature and 0 IVs in the Attack stat, just no EVs anywhere.

Attachments

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Forgot to save the replay, but in a PU room tour game, my Pyukumuku was Taunted by Sableye and I was holding the Poisonium Z item. I was going to use Z-Toxic to poison the Sableye anyways but for some reason Z-Toxic was a Normal move.

When I clicked on the move, this happened

Not only this, but it made it seem like I had already made my selection and I was waiting on my opponent, if I wasn't looking, I could have timed out despite clicking my move already. Needless to say, I had to switch out, but yeah Z-Toxic is apparently broken when I had to struggle. I don't know how far this glitch extends, but it does at least for Z-Toxic. Checked this again with esteemed user TJ afterwards and same thing occured.

Then UberSkitty suggested we try Normalium Z. I was like okay, same thing is gonna happen except Struggle will turn into Z-Block I can't click. Wrong. This happened...

We tried it with Soak and the same thing happened with Z-Soak as Z-Block. So we tried moveslots and same thing happened as Z-Toxic when Toxic was first moveslot, so its moveslot dependent.

I asked the Help room what the mechanic was and they said that when you are taunted into struggle you can't use any of your z moves. If this is true, then there really shouldn't be a Z-Move option (or at least it shouldn't allow you to click Z-Struggle). If this is false, I can't click my Z-Status move, and when my Z-Status move isn't in my first slot it's wonky.

Thanks to Specs Jigglypuff TJ and UberSkitty for helping

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I asked the Help room what the mechanic was and they said that when you are taunted into struggle you can't use any of your z moves. If this is true, then there really shouldn't be a Z-Move option (or at least it shouldn't allow you to click Z-Struggle). If this is false, I can't click my Z-Status move, and when my Z-Status move isn't in my first slot it's wonky.
Yeah, the mechanic is that if you have all status moves and get Taunted, the game just immediately skips that Pokemon's action once you select "fight" to lock in Struggle. The thing that's wrong here on PS is the ability to click the Z-move option in the first place.

Last edited:
Found a minor bug When i was battling gen4 Ubers with a friend.

My Palkia got Pursuit trapped and died (and automatically did the switch the Scizor), Later in the game I noticed that I was still able to click the switch button to Palkia. I couldn't switch to it to use it as a sac, so it didn't affect the game at all.
It just gave this error: [Invalid choice] Can't switch: You can't switch to a fainted Pokémon

Picture of me being able to click on Palkia: The game in question: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ubers-785406709

Here to report a bug on Benjamin Butterfree.
Turn 32 - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7benjaminbutterfree-785696079

252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Happiny: 415-490 (58.9 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Happiny: 415-490 (102.7 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
First calc is Happiny with Blissey's HP stat.

Volcanionisgood told me his hoopa-unbound was banded adamant max atk. Also, that his squirtle and gible had weird hp stats in battle.

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's something weird going on with the HP bar displays, after damage is taken, the faint color bar doesn't come off at the end of the turn, it actually comes off at a random moment (could be next turn, sometimes fixes itself if the opponent uses a move like Bounce, etc) Other players have reported the same issue too.

Here to report a bug on Benjamin Butterfree. Volcanionisgood told me his hoopa-unbound was banded adamant max atk. Also, that his squirtle and gible had weird hp stats in battle.
Fixed... but accidentally introduced...
When the opponent's poisoned Mega Alakazam devolved after it got hit by Seismic Toss in this Benjamin Butterfree battle, its poisoning wasn't removed
Will be fixed shortly. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)