Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainshaft

The fate of the story lies in your hands
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
The question you asked in Help was whether it omits Pokemon that only learn the move by event, which was correctly answered; no. It seems the question you actually wanted answered is whether the command checks if event moves are compatible with the other moves you entered, which it does.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for answering :P

Showdown is saying that my Level 12 Salamence with only Dragon Claw is illegal in Gen 7 OU. It says Salamence must be at least level 50. But you can catch Salamence as low as level 9 in SM. So this needs to be fixed.

hey sir,
i am filinia and have a bug to report
i can't normal log in my account. i keeps crashing down and when i even reconnect with https. i keep crashing from time to time and thats why i also lost a battle against another player that i almost won against. i lost that game also because of the server getting crashed down.
my wifi was always online and kept working but the server keeps falling down and thats why i lost precious time and i lost game also. if i battle it happen like every turn almost. i am on a laptop and he isnt filled with anything. so i ask you, can you pls fix the bug and maybe make the lose i made from my account filinia away from the score board cause its not a lose by me or my wifi but by the servers.
thanks you in advance
filinia

Minior-Indigo sprite is broken in teambuilder. (It works in battles)
For the benefit of someone (maybe Ridaz?) who can fix this:
  • Minior-Violet's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-purple.png
  • Minior-Indigo's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-blue.png (!)
  • Minior-Blue's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-lightblue.png
Checked by comparing against the bw and xyani sprite lists which use the correct names.

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
For the benefit of someone (maybe Ridaz?) who can fix this:
  • Minior-Violet's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-purple.png
  • Minior-Indigo's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-blue.png (!)
  • Minior-Blue's sprite is currently called sprites/xydex/minior-lightblue.png
Checked by comparing against the bw and xyani sprite lists which use the correct names.
Still getting all the files ready for an overall change on a bunch of models

Showdown has finally fixed the case of Illusions and differing levels, so Illusion behavior, particularly in randbats, may seem different now than what you were used to before. The lead was a L83 Ursaring, and when Zoroark came out, it now correctly appears as a "L78 Ursaring", instead of showing as another L83 like it would have up until a few days ago.

The client's tracking mechanism at this point can account for the presence of both a L83 Ursaring and a L78 Ursaring, which clearly account for two distinct party slots, but there's no telling apart which one's which (unless you know the correlation between a Pokemon's tier and its randbats level), so displaying two Ursarings makes as much sense as any other option there. However, after the illusion is officially broken, putting the Zoroark icon into the last empty slot instead of replacing the second Ursaring with it is clearly a bug. The empty seventh slot icon doesn't appear until the last Pokemon, Aromatisse, makes its presence known, and having it display the icon of an empty slot instead of its own icon is another bug, though probably one that would neatly disappear if the Zoroark icon were properly contained ithin its original slot.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Tonight as I was messing around with some sets on the Showdown teambuilder I saw that Spacial Rend was not listed as an illegal move on Mamoswine, despite it obviously not learning Spacial Rend. I tried using the team, and of course it was rejected for this error. I also tried using the follwing command: [/learn mamoswine, spacial rend] and once again it confirmed Mamoswine does not learn Spacial Rend. I showed the screenshot below to Verbatim, who suggested I post the error here.

This is the screenshot I took: https://postimg.cc/image/3mr82uzrh/

As you can see, Spacial Rend is listed among the other legal moves while moves that are obviously illegal, such as Spark and Spectral Thief, are prohibited as they should be.

Thanks!

Why is it kept saying "The server was restarted and disconnected"? again and again? It happened yesterday and two days ago. However, When I log in other games, it went fine without single disconnected, however only Pokemon Showdown that kept say again and again, as I was struggle in battling which was interrupted by the non-stop messages...

I guess that's the right place to post this. I had a random battle where my opponent had a Shaymin Sky with Sash. It moved first and was level 73, so it was definitely a Shaymin Sky. I used Ice Beam, and froze it, and it seems like it caused Shaymin's sprite to turn into regular Shaymin's. I think it might just be a display thing, but thought it was worth mentionning here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-783040735 (turn 1)

(see the sprite, and the "yesIamnoob sent out Shaymin (Shaymin-Sky)!"...)

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I guess that's the right place to post this. I had a random battle where my opponent had a Shaymin Sky with Sash. It moved first and was level 73, so it was definitely a Shaymin Sky. I used Ice Beam, and froze it, and it seems like it caused Shaymin's sprite to turn into regular Shaymin's. I think it might just be a display thing, but thought it was worth mentionning here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-783040735 (turn 1)

(see the sprite, and the "yesIamnoob sent out Shaymin (Shaymin-Sky)!"...)
Shaymin will revert to its normal forme when it's frozen. No other status conditions cause this. It's definitely weird, but not a bug.

Shaymin will revert to its normal forme when it's frozen. No other status conditions cause this. It's definitely weird, but not a bug.
Oh, I didn't know that. First time this happened to me, and the animation was weird (like the animation occured twice) + the lack of text saying it went back to its normal form. Good to know.

1532900623380.png

This set isn't legally obtainable in game, yet I'm able to get it in Random Battles. Extreme Speed, Shift Gear and Blaze Kick are only compatible when Shiny and while having the Hasty nature.

I do know there are several other pokemon that aren't legal in game due to leveling purposes like Arceus being below level 100, so I don't know how this is specifically looked at, but I felt the need to report this specific incident anyway.

Check out turns 10 and 11 of this replay...
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-783166174

If both pokemon have a speed tie, then the pokemon who attacks first is chosen randomly and then the alternate pokemon gets to hit first right? If Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Alakazam have a speed tie, then the first pokemon to attack is chosen randomly in the first turn and then in the next turn, the alternate pokemon gets to attack first right? That's how a speed tie is decided correct?

If both Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl have a speed tie, then how did Mega Alakazam attack first twice in turns 10 and 11?
Please clear my doubts and also please tell me are any special preferences or advantages provided to pokemon during battle who are of OU in the OU tier battles over UU or any other tier?

I would really appreciate it if my doubts are cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)