Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Healing wish changes its effect a little in Swsh which has not been applied on showdown.
In Swsh, after the move healing wish is used, the effect of healing wish will not activate if the next pokemon switched in is completely healthy. In this condition,the effect will be reserved and activate on the first unhealthy pokemon switched in in any form(just switch, utvs, baton pass, etc.) after that.

Togekiss targets Whimsicott with Air Slash (expecting to get Encored and hit Whimsicott with Thunder Wave) but after the Encore it hits Lunala with Thunder Wave instead.
If you expected to get Encored, you should have used Thunder Wave, and it would have hit your chosen target. Otherwise, an Encore will cause your target to be picked randomly (as if you'd used another move to call that move).

bigtalk

down the rabbit hole
is a Pre-Contributor
This is a bug affecting speed ties that another person pointed out to me. In the following replay, the Gengar that Mega Evolves last always loses the speed tie: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1049741168 I ran this game for 10 iterations and it had the same outcome each time.

Strangely, it seems that this issue only affects gen 7 and not gen 8. After switching the format to National Dex AG, I was able to win the speed tie with the Gengar that Mega Evolved last: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1049706166

fart

formerly watchingtv
is a Battle Simulator Driver
This is a bug affecting speed ties that another person pointed out to me. In the following replay, the Gengar that Mega Evolves last always loses the speed tie: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1049741168 I ran this game for 10 iterations and it had the same outcome each time.

Strangely, it seems that this issue only affects gen 7 and not gen 8. After switching the format to National Dex AG, I was able to win the speed tie with the Gengar that Mega Evolved last: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1049706166
I'm not entirely convinced this is a bug... I know, for example, when two primal Pokemon are sent out at the start of the battle, the primal who reverts last always "wins" the weather war; this happens (most of the time) because the slower Pokemon's form change occurs last. I think it's related to your case in that the turn order is chosen and the Gengar deemed "slower" (losing the speed tie) transforms last; same as the primal situation. I think it's different with Gen 8 since a lot of turn order factors were changed significantly. Now I could be wrong, this requires some on-cart testing, but based on what I know about primal reversion and the activation in regards to speed, I don't think this is a bug.

bigtalk

down the rabbit hole
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm not entirely convinced this is a bug... I know, for example, when two primal Pokemon are sent out at the start of the battle, the primal who reverts last always "wins" the weather war; this happens (most of the time) because the slower Pokemon's form change occurs last. I think it's related to your case in that the turn order is chosen and the Gengar deemed "slower" (losing the speed tie) transforms last; same as the primal situation.
Since gen 7, the Speed changes from Mega Evolution are supposed to take place instantaneously (ie. on the same turn you Mega Evolve). This means that turn order should be decided after applying the Speed changes, which should result in a Speed tie in this case. I think this is different from the primal situation as neither should be deemed slower than the other.

If on-cart testing reveals that the current behavior is correct then I'll drop this bug report, but I'd be surprised if that was the case. Seems unintentional to me, esp. given that the behavior was accidentally dropped for gen 8.

Aurella

蒼山幸子バニラ
is a Pre-Contributor
You can't set pre-evo abilities from the teambuilder anymore without directly modifying the import/export text. The flavour text declaring a mon's post-evo ability is missing too.

Venusaur from an old team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)