Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
This is a bug affecting speed ties that another person pointed out to me. In the following replay, the Gengar that Mega Evolves last always loses the speed tie: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1049741168 I ran this game for 10 iterations and it had the same outcome each time.

Strangely, it seems that this issue only affects gen 7 and not gen 8. After switching the format to National Dex AG, I was able to win the speed tie with the Gengar that Mega Evolved last: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1049706166

This is a bug affecting speed ties that another person pointed out to me. In the following replay, the Gengar that Mega Evolves last always loses the speed tie: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-1049741168 I ran this game for 10 iterations and it had the same outcome each time.

Strangely, it seems that this issue only affects gen 7 and not gen 8. After switching the format to National Dex AG, I was able to win the speed tie with the Gengar that Mega Evolved last: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1049706166
I'm not entirely convinced this is a bug... I know, for example, when two primal Pokemon are sent out at the start of the battle, the primal who reverts last always "wins" the weather war; this happens (most of the time) because the slower Pokemon's form change occurs last. I think it's related to your case in that the turn order is chosen and the Gengar deemed "slower" (losing the speed tie) transforms last; same as the primal situation. I think it's different with Gen 8 since a lot of turn order factors were changed significantly. Now I could be wrong, this requires some on-cart testing, but based on what I know about primal reversion and the activation in regards to speed, I don't think this is a bug.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I'm not entirely convinced this is a bug... I know, for example, when two primal Pokemon are sent out at the start of the battle, the primal who reverts last always "wins" the weather war; this happens (most of the time) because the slower Pokemon's form change occurs last. I think it's related to your case in that the turn order is chosen and the Gengar deemed "slower" (losing the speed tie) transforms last; same as the primal situation.
Since gen 7, the Speed changes from Mega Evolution are supposed to take place instantaneously (ie. on the same turn you Mega Evolve). This means that turn order should be decided after applying the Speed changes, which should result in a Speed tie in this case. I think this is different from the primal situation as neither should be deemed slower than the other.

If on-cart testing reveals that the current behavior is correct then I'll drop this bug report, but I'd be surprised if that was the case. Seems unintentional to me, esp. given that the behavior was accidentally dropped for gen 8.

You can't set pre-evo abilities from the teambuilder anymore without directly modifying the import/export text. The flavour text declaring a mon's post-evo ability is missing too.

Venusaur from an old team

1. Decorate should go through max guard
2. using No Retreat multiple times should create multiple boosts (it fails in showdown)

Last edited:
Although no retreat fails if used a second time under normal circumstances, it is possible to use it more than once without failing if falinks is trapped before the first use, as stated by bulbapedia: “If the user has already been given the "Can't Escape" status by another move such as Mean Look, No Retreat will successfully grant its stat boosts but will not create an additional status line to trap the user again. In this case, using No Retreat multiple times will create multiple boosts.”
The specifics of when no retreat does or does not fail is that the game checks if the user has a trapping status line caused by no retreat and NOT simply if no retreat has been used before. Of course, this is all guessing that patch 1.1 in sw/sh didn’t change this. This may also need testing before implemented in order to answer questions like “if falinks is freed after using no retreat, will the falinks become trapped by no retreat immediately or will that only happen if no retreat is used again?”

Last edited:
Hey, I'm mentioning this here because it's really the best place to put this.
I've been having issues with the Team Builder, it keeps giving my Pokemon the wrong move.
I had naturally assumed that I was the one at fault, but I caught the issue happening to my Salazzle's moveset just a few moments ago.
It wasn't just with Dragon Pulse, it happened with Sludge Wave as well. The issue kept happening until I removed all my moves and replaced them, as you'll see.Snapshot 1 (1-23-2020 5-11 PM).pngSnapshot 2 (1-23-2020 5-14 PM).pngSnapshot 3 (1-23-2020 5-14 PM).pngSnapshot 4 (1-23-2020 5-15 PM).pngSnapshot 5 (1-23-2020 5-15 PM).pngSnapshot 6 (1-23-2020 5-15 PM).pngSnapshot 7 (1-23-2020 5-15 PM).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)