Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hi,
just lost a game,
last turn a wrong damage calculation happened....
Even with the crit the Def was so high... in a previous turn it did 15.6% of damage the same move.
I attach the log.. an html as txt..

Pax Eric
Critical hits ignore opponent's Defense stat increases. When Tauros used Double Edge on turn 42 and did 15.6%, it was hitting a +4 Defense Porygon2.

Hi, sorry if there is some error in the title and prefix.

The followong msg appears for reflect/lightscreen on Jolteon in a BSS team, but these moves are TMs...

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- This format requires Pokemon from gen 6 or later and Jolteon is from gen 2 because it has a move only available from Gen 1-2 Virtual Console transfer.

- Jolteon must have its Hidden Ability because it has a move only available from Gen 1-2 Virtual Console transfer."

My Jolteon have the correct ability. I made some tests and thats really because of reflect/light screen. Can't figure it out. Could someone help?

Thank you.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi, sorry if there is some error in the title and prefix.

The followong msg appears for reflect/lightscreen on Jolteon in a BSS team, but these moves are TMs...

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- This format requires Pokemon from gen 6 or later and Jolteon is from gen 2 because it has a move only available from Gen 1-2 Virtual Console transfer.

- Jolteon must have its Hidden Ability because it has a move only available from Gen 1-2 Virtual Console transfer."

My Jolteon have the correct ability. I made some tests and thats really because of reflect/light screen. Can't figure it out. Could someone help?

Thank you.
Testing with a jolteon with light screen and reflect gives that error with the ability "Volt Absorb" (normal), but it works if I select "Quick Feet" (hidden). Can you verify that you selected the hidden ability and if so send me the set with the issue?

Testing with a jolteon with light screen and reflect gives that error with the ability "Volt Absorb" (normal), but it works if I select "Quick Feet" (hidden). Can you verify that you selected the hidden ability and if so send me the set with the issue?
HI 'HoeenHero', it seems this moveset works on Overused, but is forbiden on BSS for a rule called "3DS-born rule". A pal from reddit gave me that explanation. Thank you for your help anyway.

Even though Reflect and Light Screen are both TMs to the present day, Reflect's RBY TM distribution was really wacky back then compared to what it is now. Specifically, there were some Pokemon, including Jolteon, that were capable of learning Reflect from TM33 in RBY, but were never compatible with the TM in any of those later games, so if they want to have the move, they had to get it from back there.

This forces GB origin, and therefore the hidden ability; normally the origin doesn't matter for things other than mutual incompatibility between moves, but BSS forces only pentagon and/or clover origins, while VGC goes even further and restricts to only clovers. That means a GB origin is incompatible with either of those formats, and in the case of sets that can only originate on GB, you can't use that set there at all.

Curiously, Showdown doesn't quite have its legality airtight here: it validates a Reflect+Flail Jolteon as legal in OU, when that combination of moves is unobtainable regardless of the source game.

Not sure if that's the place for reporting bugs on damage calculator, but for whatever reason, the damage calculator doesn't automatically register the Competitive boost if the opposing Pokemon has Intimidate whereas Defiant does. That seems rather jarring.

Certain underleveled Pokemon do not appear as legal in Teambuilder.
Electrode (
RBY / FRLG), Magmar (GS / HGSS) and Metapod (HG) appear as illegal despite being able to be obtained at those specific levels.

Oddly enough, however, Poliwrath (Y), Politoed (Y) and Victreebel (GS) all appear as legal.

As for resources on which sites list underleveled Pokemon, Bulbapedia has two unfinished pages dedicated to them. This page made by Bulbapedia user AllAreEqual has a compiled list of every Pokemon up until Generation 6, while this page by Bulbapedia user Spriteit lacks quite a bit of Pokemon from gens 1-4, but features every underleveled Pokemon obtainable from gens 6-7. The underleveled Pokemon obtainable from RBY and GSC are also forced to have their Hidden Abilities upon transfer.

Another bug I've noticed is with the Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee metagame. The formula for calculating IVs for Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Go is as follows:
IVᴳᴼ x 2 + 1source
This formula applies to HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense IVs. Attack and Special Attack share the same IV stat, while Defense and Special Defense share the same IV stat. Speed is randomized upon transfer.

The issue arises with Meltan and Melmetal, who cannot be obtained in LGPE without the use of Pokemon GO. This means that even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30) for every stat except Speed should all be unobtainable - however, the Teambuilder registers these IVs as legal.

Another issue is that due to how GO calculates stats, Attack and Special Attack, as well as Defense and Special Defense have to share the same IV stat - but in Teambuilder, it's perfectly legal to have a Meltan or Melmetal with these differing stats (ex. 29 Attack IV and 1 Special Attack IV Melmetal is legal, when they should be identical). A 31 Attack IV and 1 Special Attack IV Melmetal is legal however, due to Hyper Training.

EDIT: Another problem involving underleveled Pokemon is that level checks aren't implemented for Friendship-type evolutions, making them legal at any level, when they should be legal at the pre-evolutions lowest level + 1 (so for something like Crobat, level 14 at the absolute minimum). For a more ludicrous example, Silvally is legal in Teambuilder at level 1, when the lowest possible level it can be obtained is 41.

Last edited:
Underleveled Pokemon are currently in a state of reworking. As it stands, the validator will accept things like Rhyperior, Florges, and Crobat (all of whom evolve to their final stage via something other than a level threshold) at level 1, when no game makes such an encounter legal, and I already loaded in the table of underleveled encounters for every generation but Showdown doesn't currently do anything with that table of levels. I imagine that somewhat soon, the logic for handling the encounter lists will be incorporated, solving both the cases of "these Pokemon should be available at a lower level than their natural evolution level" and the cases of "despite not being gated to a specific level threshold for evolution, these Pokemon should require a certain minimum level simply due to the realities of the prevo's available level range".

Underleveled Pokemon are currently in a state of reworking. As it stands, the validator will accept things like Rhyperior, Florges, and Crobat (all of whom evolve to their final stage via something other than a level threshold) at level 1, when no game makes such an encounter legal, and I already loaded in the table of underleveled encounters for every generation but Showdown doesn't currently do anything with that table of levels. I imagine that somewhat soon, the logic for handling the encounter lists will be incorporated, solving both the cases of "these Pokemon should be available at a lower level than their natural evolution level" and the cases of "despite not being gated to a specific level threshold for evolution, these Pokemon should require a certain minimum level simply due to the realities of the prevo's available level range".
Gotcha, thanks. I do find it a little odd that certain underleveled mons like Victreebel and Poliwrath are legal, while others aren't. I'm aware that stone, trade and friendship evolutions already have levels implemented (though it's worth noting that Crobat cannot be obtained at level 1 in any game, not sure why Teambuilder considers it legal).

The old way didn't mention evolution methods other than level-up at all, merely replacing them with a hardcoded substitute that was either previous evo + 0 or previous evo + 1, and wasn't always accurate even there (it claimed Pikachu could evolve at level 1, even though eggs could never hatch at that stage and the happiness evolution required that a level be consumed on it; Silvally's normal form was also listed with an evolution level of 41 but the memory forms all validated as low as L2). When the new logic is fully in place, it should be capable of detecting all these scenarios:
-Floette has never been available underleveled in any game, so getting it requires leveling up to 19 and then the stone evolution doesn't consume a level.
-Rhyperior's evolution doesn't consume a level either, so any level that's legal for Rhydon is legal for it too. If there are any egg moves (or G3-5 only TM/tutor moves) on the set, that minimum level is 42 from reaching evolution the long way; otherwise if it has HA and possibly VC-exclusive TMs, minimum level is 10; otherwise minimum level should be validated as 30. Battle Spot Singles and VGC would raise the minimum level to 30 and 42 respectively due to source restrictions, but as they force everything to the same level anyway, that's not particularly relevant.
-Crobat's evolution does consume a level, so Golbat's minimum level needs to take a +1 to evolve. With exactly one egg move (and no 3-5 exclusive TMs/tutors), Crobat's minimum level should be 20; with two or more egg moves it's 23; with no egg moves and no HA (but any amount of TMs/tutors other than VC-exclusive ones) it's 6; with HA, no egg moves, and possible VC TM moves it's 14. BSS minimum would be 20 and VGC would be 21 regardless of any other factors, but again that's completely pointless.

The old way didn't mention evolution methods other than level-up at all, merely replacing them with a hardcoded substitute that was either previous evo + 0 or previous evo + 1, and wasn't always accurate even there (it claimed Pikachu could evolve at level 1, even though eggs could never hatch at that stage and the happiness evolution required that a level be consumed on it; Silvally's normal form was also listed with an evolution level of 41 but the memory forms all validated as low as L2). When the new logic is fully in place, it should be capable of detecting all these scenarios:
-Floette has never been available underleveled in any game, so getting it requires leveling up to 19 and then the stone evolution doesn't consume a level.
-Rhyperior's evolution doesn't consume a level either, so any level that's legal for Rhydon is legal for it too. If there are any egg moves (or G3-5 only TM/tutor moves) on the set, that minimum level is 42 from reaching evolution the long way; otherwise if it has HA and possibly VC-exclusive TMs, minimum level is 10; otherwise minimum level should be validated as 30. Battle Spot Singles and VGC would raise the minimum level to 30 and 42 respectively due to source restrictions, but as they force everything to the same level anyway, that's not particularly relevant.
-Crobat's evolution does consume a level, so Golbat's minimum level needs to take a +1 to evolve. With exactly one egg move (and no 3-5 exclusive TMs/tutors), Crobat's minimum level should be 20; with two or more egg moves it's 23; with no egg moves and no HA (but any amount of TMs/tutors other than VC-exclusive ones) it's 6; with HA, no egg moves, and possible VC TM moves it's 14. BSS minimum would be 20 and VGC would be 21 regardless of any other factors, but again that's completely pointless.
Yeah, I hope the new logic's put into place then. It seems like it fixes a lot of issues with the current one.

I have a bug where a mega Gardevoir was affected by Yawn, which triggered Electric terrain for some reason. Tapu Koko was previously on the field, and Gardevoir had traced Electric Surge before mega evolving.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-867234752
From what I have seen in the replay, Electric Terrain disappeared on Turn 13, but then Electric Terrain was activated by Tapu Koko switching in on the same turn, hence Mega Gardevoir was unaffected by Yawn on Turn 15 since it was there to begin with, so that really isn't a bug.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The bottom image happened as a result of typing /avatar 294 and happened with other avatars I've tested. The top image was obtained by typing /avatar ash, which worked for other avatars. The bug still updates the user's avatar correctly, however.

Attachments

Bug Report:
In Pokebilities Trace is broken (Tested on Porygon2)
It repeats twice each turn, not only when sent out and only traces the first ability. Fx it´s broken, when fighting an intimidate opponent, since he will be lowered 2x atk each turn, when Porygon2 traces. Hope this will get fixed, as I really enjoy the tier.

The Singles Teambuilder has untiered Pokémon listed under DUU instead of Below PU, would show but screenshot is too large to attatch for some reason.

Sweet veil of ribombee does not work. At least in the "anything goes" round. All Pokemon fell asleep including the ribombee itself lol. I searched the forum and I don't think this has been reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)