Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Second: Malamar with Contrary and "Z-Happy Hour", isn't he supposed to decrease the stats instead of increasing them?

Thanks to everybody and sorry if I'm just too late or wrong about this.

Cheers.
As far as I know, Z-Move stat boosts are unaffected by abilities (I know for sure this is the case for simple)

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
First: Emergency Exit activated by Volt Switch. I used it on a Golisopod with "my" Electrode, he made the swap (so that's okay) but then I didn't get to swap, Volt Switch then didn't really do what was supposed to... Any thoughts?
Activation of Emergency Exit cancels out the switch provided by Volt Switch and U-turn.

Second: Malamar with Contrary and "Z-Happy Hour", isn't he supposed to decrease the stats instead of increasing them?
Stat boosts that happen because of Z-status effects ignores Contrary.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

im not exactly sure where to post this, but it seems to be an error with the file names for afd sprites. as you can see in the underlined part, the actual afd sprite for pidgeot is mispelled, which causes the regular sprite to load in matches instead of bird jesus sprite. the same also occurs in the backsprite but at least the backsprite has an afd version, even though its not bird jesus. this is an example of what im talking about:

im pretty much just asking to fix the file name for both of mega pidgeot's afd sprites so that the real one actually appears. theres also a couple of pokemon that still need afd sprites, such as primal kyogre, mega slowbro, mega glalie, and backsprites for megas lopunny and camerupt so if those can get added that would be nice; i could even draw them if you want lmao.

Hello there,

It seems that during this match, at turns 12, 13, I (Glazou in the replay) outsped my opponent even without the trickroom set up.

and at some occurences throughout the match, having a Trick Room or not does not seem to play in my outspeeding. I've detailed the occurences below, and plausible non-bug explanations when possible, and explanation to why I think it is not a bug.

We see at turn 14 that even after oppo sets up Trick Room the previous turn I still outspeed both before and after the TR setup. there is no speed tie here, as my Marowak-Alola set is minimum speed (=85), which is lower than Cresselia's minimum (157). But at turn 18, he still outsped with his Lunar Dance.

It is safe to admit that my opponent was not holding an iron ball, in which case I believe he would not have been as surprised as I, and I believe he'd have told me.
Even supposing he was holding a light ball and a 170 speed set to reach exactly 85 speed and therefore be on a speed tie with me (which is a bit Farfetch'd but let's assume every non-bug scenario) it still occurs during the match.

Turn 24, his M ampharos outspeeds my magearna. Now this one we could assume he was not min speed, but from turn 27 is when there is no doubt possible. on first turn my Hoopa outspeeds Magearna, so far so good, for as long as he has under 148 speed it makes sense, but on that same turn he uses trick room, and I still outspeed him next turn.

and on turn 28, I outspeed his ampharos despite the trick room.
And while that could once more be explained by him having simply not minimum speed (and at turns 24-25-26 he outspeeds magearna which most likely means it is indeed the case), I think it once more seems pretty far fetched that all the other scenarios, on top of this one, do fit together.

While it is obvious that his mega ampharos had the bad investments and was not minimum speed, I don't think that on top of that, he had a exactly 148 speed on his magearna, on top of having exactly 170 speed + light ball on Cresselia, and while I could be wrong on that (after all, as the page about PSD RNG says, a one in a million event does appear every week on PSD), I think the chances of just a bug are at least as low as this event occuring. But only looking up the opponent's sets would (dis)prove that. Personally, I can guarantee you that I have min speed on all the mons on that team.

TL;DR : Trick room seems to not always register, as demonstrated by this match.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Hello there,

It seems that during this match, at turns 12, 13, I (Glazou in the replay) outsped my opponent even without the trickroom set up.

and at some occurences throughout the match, having a Trick Room or not does not seem to play in my outspeeding. I've detailed the occurences below, and plausible non-bug explanations when possible, and explanation to why I think it is not a bug.

We see at turn 14 that even after oppo sets up Trick Room the previous turn I still outspeed both before and after the TR setup. there is no speed tie here, as my Marowak-Alola set is minimum speed (=85), which is lower than Cresselia's minimum (157). But at turn 18, he still outsped with his Lunar Dance.

It is safe to admit that my opponent was not holding an iron ball, in which case I believe he would not have been as surprised as I, and I believe he'd have told me.
Even supposing he was holding a light ball and a 170 speed set to reach exactly 85 speed and therefore be on a speed tie with me (which is a bit Farfetch'd but let's assume every non-bug scenario) it still occurs during the match.

Turn 24, his M ampharos outspeeds my magearna. Now this one we could assume he was not min speed, but from turn 27 is when there is no doubt possible. on first turn my Hoopa outspeeds Magearna, so far so good, for as long as he has under 148 speed it makes sense, but on that same turn he uses trick room, and I still outspeed him next turn.

And while that could once more be explained by him having simply not minimum speed (and at turns 24-25-26 he outspeeds magearna which most likely means it is indeed the case), I think it once more seems pretty far fetched that all the other scenarios, on top of this one, do fit together.

While it is obvious that his mega ampharos had the bad investments and was not minimum speed, I don't think that on top of that, he had a exactly 148 speed on his magearna, on top of having exactly 170 speed + light ball on Cresselia, and while I could be wrong on that (after all, as the page about PSD RNG says, a one in a million event does appear every week on PSD), I think the chances of just a bug are at least as low as this event occuring. But only looking up the opponent's sets would (dis)prove that. Personally, I can guarantee you that I have min speed on all the mons on that team.

Trick Room has -7 Priority, so it will (almost always) go last regardless of Speed.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello there,

You outsped turn 13 because Trick Room has negative priority (in fact the lowest priority in the game, meaning it will always go last) and turn 14 because your Marowak-A had a lower Speed stat than the opposing Cresselia (most likely)

for the Ampharos thingies, the only assumption I have is that it's a max Speed one, which could explain why it did those outspeedings, considering your mons have min speed

EDIT: sniped

Last edited:
Something happened in a UBERS battle. Pressure of my Palkia didn't activate, my opponent could use a move that Pressure should had depleted earlier.

Palkia Vs Snorlax (with Gluttony) also had Fire Punch, Recycle, Curse and Facade.

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions

doing /ds[gen] [move that didn't exist in that gen] comes up with smeargle, barring /ds1

edit: image broke, fixed

Doubles random battle. Hurricane does not properly update accuracy for my Vivillon while Primordial Sea is active. It did not end up missing, so I’m unsure if this is just a visual bug or not.

One problem I've noticed is that Sticky Web on Araquanid is greyed out in battle and I can't use it. I'm not sure if this means it's bugged, or I've done something wrong?

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
One problem I've noticed is that Sticky Web on Araquanid is greyed out in battle and I can't use it. I'm not sure if this means it's bugged, or I've done something wrong?
You are likely holding the Assault Vest item, which prevents the use of status moves on its holder.

(Please refer to screenshot.)

A user (LeviathanAndMeta) was disqualified from a room tournament by the autodq inactivity time limit. The message "LeviathanAndMeta has been disqualified from the tournament." was shown in chat. I believe that structurally this should have ended the tour, since only one active user remained. However, the tour created a new branch between the dqed user and the remaining user, arkeis (the same challenge that had previously been resolved by the autodq). In the new final, arkeis was apparently issuing the challenge to LeviathanAndMeta, if it is of any relevance. (I manually ended the tour at this point.)

Had to reset my password for this lmao. Friend and I are doing a run of BW2 where we fight on here using our in game teams after every gym. Long story short, we tend to use Gen 5 OU and it wouldn't let us because my Magnemite had an "illegal" move- that move being Magnet Bomb, which it learns at level 18. Attached is proof of this.

Not surprised nobody has noticed this, but I figured I'd report it. If it's not a bug, I apologize. I don't really browse here.

Attachments

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesuu-911047345 This is the 2nd time this red wall of text pops up whenever blacephalon uses mind blown. It skips the line of text in which blacephalon actually uses the move in the actual battle, but in the replay it's still there. I'm assuming it has something to do with mind blown not dealing damage because both times i have had this happen either i had typhlosion absorb it or a mon protecting alongside it.

It took me a minute to realise what had just happened because I skipped the turn to make things go faster and i didnt get to see blacephalon move lol

View attachment 175560http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesuu-911047345This is the 2nd time this red wall of text pops up whenever blacephalon uses mind blown. It skips the line of text in which blacephalon actually uses the move in the actual battle, but in the replay it's still there. I'm assuming it has something to do with mind blown not dealing damage because both times i have had this happen either i had typhlosion absorb it or a mon protecting alongside it.

It took me a minute to realise what had just happened because I skipped the turn to make things go faster and i didnt get to see blacephalon move lol
guess what i just got to happen a third time lol, this time maybe because there was a dead mon and it didn't hit all of them?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesuu-911053109

Had to reset my password for this lmao. Friend and I are doing a run of BW2 where we fight on here using our in game teams after every gym. Long story short, we tend to use Gen 5 OU and it wouldn't let us because my Magnemite had an "illegal" move- that move being Magnet Bomb, which it learns at level 18. Attached is proof of this.

Not surprised nobody has noticed this, but I figured I'd report it. If it's not a bug, I apologize. I don't really browse here.
I tested a Magnemite with that combination of moves against the Gen 5 OU and Gen 7 OU validators, and it passed both of them. If you put Magnet Bomb on another Magnemite set, it's possible that it may have failed to validate because it and the other moves were independently legal but it wouldn't be possible to have both at the same time in-game.

I tested a Magnemite with that combination of moves against the Gen 5 OU and Gen 7 OU validators, and it passed both of them. If you put Magnet Bomb on another Magnemite set, it's possible that it may have failed to validate because it and the other moves were independently legal but it wouldn't be possible to have both at the same time in-game.
I recreated the error in Gen 5 OU; the teambuilder says it cannot learn Magnet Bomb when you set the level to 18, while it gives no error when you set the level to 100. Just to clarify, I tested a Magnemite with Magnet Bomb as its only move. I guess the teambuilder thinks Magnet Bomb cannot be obtained legally at level 18, which was true in BW1, but not in BW2.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When I typed "!help challenge" earlier, it acted like I was typing "/help challenge" instead, so it doesn't show in the chat. There are apparently a few other commands that do this, but I don't know which ones.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Trying to log in to an unregistered name that someone else is using has a small bug

Someone is already using the name "[name].

It doesn't close quotation marks

I recreated the error in Gen 5 OU; the teambuilder says it cannot learn Magnet Bomb when you set the level to 18, while it gives no error when you set the level to 100. Just to clarify, I tested a Magnemite with Magnet Bomb as its only move. I guess the teambuilder thinks Magnet Bomb cannot be obtained legally at level 18, which was true in BW1, but not in BW2.
That would make sense! I don't use Showdown a lot, so it seems weird that Gen 5 OU would pull from BW1 instead of BW2 but its so obscure I'm not surprised a Magnemite using Magnet Bomb would fall through the cracks lol.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
On the mobile site, more of an inconvenience than anything major: when you select a tier to battle on the ladder, it still says “random team” because the default selection at the top is random battle. So you have to reselect the tier you actually want in order for your teams to show up.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
In playing through Pokemon Sun for Showdown's Community Playthrough, I found that Cursed Body actually activates against Z-moves (A Gengar's Cursed Body activated upon being hit by Raichu's Gigavolt Havoc). In trying to replicate this on PS, I found that I was either very unlucky with about 10 attempts or that PS' Cursed Body doesn't work as it does ingame.

For clarity's sake, I mean the attempted activation of Cursed Body, rather than the Disabled effect, since a move with 0 PP (the used up Z-move) can't be disabled, as far as I'm aware.

Was I just unlucky with getting the ability to activate on PS? Or does it actually not work correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)