Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
When you challenge somebody, you can "Replace Player" in the middle of the battle. This is supposed to give to other player the control of the game. But instead of that, it simply does nothing, but you also lose the control of your own match, so you can not play and do anything. I know that some people tried it a few months ago but now it does not work.
Is it a bug? Or am I not doing it correctly?

Move validation "error" for all post-Gen 5 legends/mythicals.
Because Gen 6 and beyond forces legends/mythicals to have 3IV, they can't learn HP Fighting.
However, if there is an illegal move before HP Fighting, it does not output an error for HP Fighting.

Magearna
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

If HP Fighting comes before the illegal move, the validator works fine.

Magearna
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Pulse

I believe urkerab already has a fix for this.

On Randbats: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-913311360

Turn 13 happens, Shedinja faints, and opponent Turn 14 sends in Zoroark's Qwilfish Illusion. Qwilfish having already been sent out appears twice on the opponent's team. Randbats never gives two of the same Pokemon, thus immediately indicating a Zoroark in play. I, Wackodude, was not paying attention to that, but did notice it after Qwilfish (Zoroark) used Dark Pulse.

I also have seen in other Randbats replays an insane number of pokemon (nine in the worst case I saw) are shown in the opponent team viewer when Zoroark shows up disguised as a bunch of pokemon, revealed, withdrawn, KOd, etc.

Also, an observation, Intimidate did not activate on turn 24 because the pokemon were not sent out simultaneously; Magnezone KOd Qwilfish with volt switch, and the move was completed by sending in a replacement, Arcanine, and a fainted pokemon cannot be intimidated. Scizor was then sent in as the end of the turn.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-913346576

client bug (feature ?) with how showdown addresses messages in spread moves in doubles.

https://pastebin.com/E6H7QzRq

tl;dr: skipping turns and / or disabling animations produces very vague logs on what exactly got critical hit such as:

Mankey used Earthquake!
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
(Tapu Bulu lost 0.4% of its health!)
(The opposing Tapu Bulu lost 0.4% of its health!)
(The opposing Breloom lost 0.4% of its health!)

Last edited:
On Randbats: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-913311360

Turn 13 happens, Shedinja faints, and opponent Turn 14 sends in Zoroark's Qwilfish Illusion. Qwilfish having already been sent out appears twice on the opponent's team. Randbats never gives two of the same Pokemon, thus immediately indicating a Zoroark in play. I, Wackodude, was not paying attention to that, but did notice it after Qwilfish (Zoroark) used Dark Pulse.

I also have seen in other Randbats replays an insane number of pokemon (nine in the worst case I saw) are shown in the opponent team viewer when Zoroark shows up disguised as a bunch of pokemon, revealed, withdrawn, KOd, etc.
This happens because Illusion doesn't copy level. On Turn 4 the Qwilfish is level 88, and on turn 14 the "Qwilfish"/Zoroark is level 78, so Showdown sees that they're 2 different Pokemon. It looks weird when updating the party but the info is still there either way.

Had an issue today, but was closed out of the battle before I could save a replay. Garchomp used his second turn of Outrage on my Toxipex, who had used Baneful Bunker. Poison triggered as normal and was cured by Lum Berry. Confusion from Outrage also triggered, but was immediately snapped out of (presumably from the Lum Berry as well). I don’t think this is intended- I believe that Lum Berry should only cure one status effect, even if two status effects are gained at the same time.

pre

pkmn.cc
I don’t think this is intended- I believe that Lum Berry should only cure one status effect, even if two status effects are gained at the same time.
Pretty sure this is how Lum Berry works. From Bulbapedia:

A Lum Berry, if held by a Pokémon, can cure it of any non-volatile status condition and confusion instantly, or can be used as an item to cure any non-volatile status condition and confusion at any time.
and it was fairly explicitly coded that way, leading me to believe it is not a bug.

The word “any” before “non-volatile” there is a little ambiguous, but it still leads me to believe that Lum Berry is only intended to cure one status effect, or else I would think it would have been written as something like “...can cure it of all non-volatile status effects and confusion present at time of use...” I might be wrong though.

As for the code, I’m not much of a coder myself so I can’t really say if it was written intentionally to cure two status effects at once.

Hello, there is a strange bug in battles where even after the battle has finished, if a player disconnects it will still say "<Player> disconnected and has a minute to reconnect". I have provided a screenshot demonstrating the bug.

Attachments

Hmm, so it sounds like in the specific situation I ran into, Lum Berry should have only cured poison, but there are other cases in which it should cure both status effects?

I've been trying to make the move Electro Ball work. It is supposed to deal 150 basepower once you're more than 4 times as fast as your opponent. After some speed boosts, hovering over the attack will tell you it has increased, but the increase always feels too slow. In this example, my joltik had 56 Speed, and the enemy Bulbasaur had 7 speed. Yet the attack had according to the dialogue only increased to 80 basepower.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-916494956

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
The Almost Any Ability ability list has a couple obviously bugged abilities listed. H, 1, (suppressed), and one that's just a blank space. You can't bring them into battle, so it doesn't really effect playability to my knowledge.

Here's what it looks like.

Normalize is boosting the damage of all moves, not just non-Normal moves that are turned Normal. I thought it might be just a bug with the mouseover info, so I tested it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-916827622

These Lonely Guzzlords are Banded, have 0 Defense IVs, and 252 Attack and HP EVs. Despite Thrash dealing a bit more damage, that's just due to damage rolls. According to the calculator, the maximum a non-Normalize Thrash or Dragon Ascent can do is 507.

According to Bulbapedia, moves that are already Normal-type shouldn't receive a boost. However, because this "bug" has existed for quite some time, the Smogon Ability Dex implies that the boost happens regardless of the original move's type, and Normalize is a pretty obscure ability that probably no one but Smogon would research in-depth, there's a very real possibility that this isn't a bug and Bulbapedia is wrong.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Normalize is boosting the damage of all moves, not just non-Normal moves that are turned Normal. I thought it might be just a bug with the mouseover info, so I tested it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-916827622

These Lonely Guzzlords are Banded, have 0 Defense IVs, and 252 Attack and HP EVs. Despite Thrash dealing a bit more damage, that's just due to damage rolls. According to the calculator, the maximum a non-Normalize Thrash or Dragon Ascent can do is 507.

According to Bulbapedia, moves that are already Normal-type shouldn't receive a boost. However, because this "bug" has existed for quite some time, the Smogon Ability Dex implies that the boost happens regardless of the original move's type, and Normalize is a pretty obscure ability that probably no one but Smogon would research in-depth, there's a very real possibility that this isn't a bug and Bulbapedia is wrong.
Bulbapedia is incorrect. All moves (with the exception of moves that can change type like Judgment or Weather Ball, even if they remain Normal, as well as CFZ moves) even if they were Normal-type originally, get the Normalize boost.

e: here's a link to the original research on smogon: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...attle-mechanics-research.3586701/post-7125289

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Bulbapedia is incorrect. All moves (with the exception of moves that can change type like Judgment or Weather Ball, even if they remain Normal, as well as CFZ moves) even if they were Normal-type originally, get the Normalize boost.

e: here's a link to the original research on smogon: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...attle-mechanics-research.3586701/post-7125289
There are actually no implications of Normalize that it doesn't boost Normal-type attacks in Bulbapedia. It is stated in the very first sentence that "Normalize makes all moves (including status moves) used by the Pokémon with this Ability act as though they were Normal-type instead of their usual type." This sounds a bit weird but it is not wrong to assume Normalize turns Normal-type attacks into Normal-type. The only explanation made there were the exceptional moves that the ability does not affect which are listed as Z-moves, Hidden Power, Weather Ball, Natural Gift, Judgment, Multi-Attack and Techno Blast. I ran this test myself to basically verify this so can say it is working as intended, Bulbapedia wasn't just clear enough.

In this replay you can see that 2 moves were used with the same base power, Multi-Attack deals less damage because it is indeed not affected by the Normalize, while Rock Climb hits harder with the damage boost it gets from Normalize.

Last edited:
It doesn't say that Haze blocks Mist, it says that in RBY Haze used to remove the protection of Mist entirely, something it no longer does. Haze will still remove stat boosts during Mist, it's just that until Mist expires naturally, you can't follow that up with explicit stat drops like Screech or Intimidate-switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)