Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Taunt supposed to prevent the use of Max Guard? I have gotten mixed responses

Regardless if it is or it isn't, I saw some strange behavior.

1584902610343.png

Kommo dynamaxed on the same turn it was taunted. I selected Max Guard, and got this message (invalid choice). If I wasn't able to select Max Guard, I would think that it would prevent me from selecting the move. Instead I kinda got stuck in limbo and it looks like it didn't accept my move inputs as valid (only my timer was counting down even though I had selected moves). I had to cancel my move choices and select a move other than Max Guard to continue.

Charizard cannot learn Toxic legally in the VGC 2020 format, but if I search "Toxic", he shows up with that move available in the VGC2020 format teambuilder.

There are many other examples of this, but this is just one of them.

Fell Stinger failed to activate the 3 stage attack boost when KOing Indeedee here. I assume it's because the check on Fell Stinger is registered as "the chosen target is killed" rather than "the target when the move hits is killed". I selected Hatterene with both attacks expecting a redirect but I targeted Hatt since I wanted to see if it could kill (or at least get some good damage) if they didn't redirect.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Is Taunt supposed to prevent the use of Max Guard? I have gotten mixed responses

View attachment 230376

Kommo dynamaxed on the same turn it was taunted. I selected Max Guard, and got this message (invalid choice). If I wasn't able to select Max Guard, I would think that it would prevent me from selecting the move. Instead I kinda got stuck in limbo and it looks like it didn't accept my move inputs as valid (only my timer was counting down even though I had selected moves). I had to cancel my move choices and select a move other than Max Guard to continue.
Yeah I don't think it's supposed to cancel max guard, at least I think so, because I've had Pokemon in the past dynamax while taunted and it worked perfectly fine using Max Guard. Not only that, but the system is acting as if the opponent used disable, not taunt.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have no idea if this is intended, but currently, in the validator, Raichu with Lightning Rod as its ability, and Extreme Speed as a move, is validating. I'm 99% positive it's not supposed to be, since the event that gives Raichu (and by extension, Pikachu) Extreme Speed, Pikachu is locked into Static. If I'm wrong, I'll like to see how Pikachu obtains Extreme Speed with Lightning Rod as an ability.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I have no idea if this is intended, but currently, in the validator, Raichu with Lightning Rod as its ability, and Extreme Speed as a move, is validating. I'm 99% positive it's not supposed to be, since the event that gives Raichu (and by extension, Pikachu) Extreme Speed, Pikachu is locked into Static. If I'm wrong, I'll like to see how Pikachu obtains Extreme Speed with Lightning Rod as an ability.
Looks like it was some confusion over whether the event was "any ability" or "no hidden ability". This has been fixed now.

Ok, I'm not sure if its been reported, but, I would like to point out the Pokemon Calculator has numerous, irritating bugs. Some I have Screenshots of, other I've experienced ever since gen 8 has been introduced:

1. It is very common for the calculator to keep calcing Abomasnow when one tries to put a new mon or spread. It just refuses to change the name, and on the worst cases, the mons. Here is evidence of the former:

Bug Calc.PNG

2. The calculator will, at random times, refuse to update the sets if changed and get frozen in place with the same calculation. I could try to trigger this, but the issue seems similar in nature to issue 1.

I hope this can be addressed soon. The calc is a key part of the game and having to solve issues mid-match can be crippling to the experience and often I just go via hunch lately due to how often the calc gives me issues. It has already been a few months and while the calc has graciously been updated for gen 8 at long last, these bugs prevail. I don't recall ever having such issues in gen 7.

Silvally is able to learn all three pledge attacks, but only Grass Pledge is currently legal. The other two should be legal as well.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Silvally_(Pokémon)#By_tutoring
Scroll down to the trivia section, fren.

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Silvally is programmed to be able to be taught all three Pledge moves (Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, and Water Pledge). However, due to a coding error, the Move Tutor will only offer to teach it Grass Pledge, making the latter two unable to be learned legitimately. The glitch continues to exist in Sword and Shield.​

It's a bug alright, but not with Showdown. If Game Freak messes up their own code, it's Showdown's job to emulate it, no matter how nonsensical it may be.

Runerigus's ability Wandering spirit doesn't seem to trigger when I use Aqua Jet on my own pokemon. It is supposed to trigger on any contact move (which Aqua jet is). It has occassionally worked as it should when I play on Showdown, but most of the time it doesn't. I've included links to the battle with an example (on the last turn).

Thanks!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1085288307
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wandering_Spirit_(Ability)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aqua_Jet_(move)

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I (and several users in the Help room) are having issues with no rating showing up for battles in the Find a battle tab. I am using Chrome 80.0.3987.149 on a Mac.
Skärmavbild 2020-03-25 kl. 4.41.56 em.png

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

View attachment 230376

Taunt does prevent the usage of Max Guard on cartridge, though the implementation is pretty bizarre for actually allowing you to click the move on Showdown; it should just be grayed out like normal, ideally.

Runerigus's ability Wandering spirit doesn't seem to trigger when I use Aqua Jet on my own pokemon. It is supposed to trigger on any contact move (which Aqua jet is). It has occassionally worked as it should when I play on Showdown, but most of the time it doesn't. I've included links to the battle with an example (on the last turn).

Thanks!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1085288307
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wandering_Spirit_(Ability)
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aqua_Jet_(move)
You cannot Skill Swap abilities while Dynamaxed, including via Wandering Spirit.

Reposting a bug i stumbled upon a while ago but is still there,

When setting a Pokemon's level to a value other than 100, the sim usually applies a level check, i.e. checks wether or not the level value you set is legit. For example, setting your Haunter to level 6 is rejected since Gastly evolves at level 25 (as shown here) :
screen_haunter.png

It can also reject your team if you try using a Move or Ability obtained exclusively via event, and that event doesn't match the level you set you Pokemon at.
For example, Jirachi can learn Happy Hour, but only from a gen 6 event, the Nintendo Hong Kong Jirachi. This specific Jirachi was ALWAYS shiny and at level 25. Thus setting it to either being not shiny or at a lower level than 25 is rejected by the sim (as shown here):
screen_jirachi.png

This is still true for ingame events such as Ultra-Beasts or Legendary Pokemon. That's why Poipole is banned from LC, it's unavailable at level 5.

However here comes the bug. The sim doesn't check for the level to be legit if the Pokemon has evolved without a level check. For example, Haunter doesn't need to reach a specific level to evolve. It just needs to be traded. However, it MUST be level 25 or above, as seen earlier. Despite that, you the sim doesn't reject a level 6 Gengar (as shown here):
screen_gengar.png

This bug applies to every third stage evolution Pokemon that doesn't evolve by reaching a specific level while it's second stage evolution does
Mamoswine
Tsareena
Magnezone
Gallade
Ludicolo
Vileplume
Victreebel
Shiftry
Eelektross
Crobat
Leavanny
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Bellossom
Florges
Chandelure
Alakazam
Machamp
Golem
Gengar
Gigalith
Conkeldurr
Politoed
Kingdra
Rhyperior
Magmortar
Electivire
Dusknoir
Aegislash
Vikavolt
Poliwrath
It also applies to Silvally, whose previous stage Type:Null is a ingame event at lvl 40, but evolves by Happiness

Also for some reason the gen 8 fossils are not considered ingame events by the sim, even though they should be since they can only be obtained at level 10 and can't reproduce.

Lastly i don't know if Runerigus is suffers from this bug. Does Yamask need to lose 49 HP during a battle, meaning you could heal it to lose more than your max HP, or does it need to have at least 49 missing health ?

Scroll down to the trivia section, fren.

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Silvally is programmed to be able to be taught all three Pledge moves (Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, and Water Pledge). However, due to a coding error, the Move Tutor will only offer to teach it Grass Pledge, making the latter two unable to be learned legitimately. The glitch continues to exist in Sword and Shield.

It's a bug alright, but not with Showdown. If Game Freak messes up their own code, it's Showdown's job to emulate it, no matter how nonsensical it may be.
That makes sense in a technical standpoint, but it feels dumb to repeat the multiple mess ups of TrollFrEAk. Honestly, at least it should be worth fixing those bugs on tiers like CAP or Tier Shift, that are already meant to be a metagame-fixing mod.

Is this normal? Turn 4: when using Fire Pledge with Charizard and Max Overgrowth (base move Grass Pledge) with Venusaur, Fire Pledge does actually wait for the Grass Pledge combo and does no damage.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1085242989
When combining Pledges, the fastest user waits for the seconde one to move, right after it. Then the combined effect of both Pledges merges into ONE AND ONLY move. The user's move has no effect and only the combined Pledge move has an effect. However, by using Grass Peldge's max variant, the original effect of the move is negated, yet it technically remains Grass Pledge (same interaction as Copycat on a Max move). Thus, the combined Pledge mechanic happens, negates Fire Pledge's damage since Venusaur's Grass Pledge should have the combined effect, and then negates that effect by making it Max Overgrowth.
Check out Fire Pledge dex entry or Bulbapedia page if i didn't make it clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)