Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a very odd set of interactions with my opponent's doodle and my skill swap. It's hard to describe because I'm not 100% sure exactly what happened, but I'm pretty sure the abilities the pokemon had did not match the abilities the tool tip and messages/chat log said they had in multiple instances.

Replay

Edit: Have found that after using skill swap on tinkaton, its mold breaker doesn't get changed in the ui until the new ability (dancer) is activated. Might be intended, at least from the opponent's view, but it doesn't update on my end either, even in the tooltip attached to the switch-in button.
Not sure if this is the entire bug from before, or if it's another bug that interacted with the first, but here ya go

Replay

Last edited:
Trying to use the "Import from text or URL" function doesn't work at all if any of the Pokemon have Hidden Power.

The Pokepaste URL will add the teamname, but won't add any other team data if ANY of the Pokemon use Hidden Power. Right now, the only way to import older gen teams is to remove Hidden Power from the mons kits and then manually add them back.

Bug Example 1
Bug Example 2

You'll notice that neither of these teams can be imported unless you remove HP Bug from the Heracross

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, a fix has been merged and it is waiting to be applied (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to use the "Import from text or URL" function doesn't work at all if any of the Pokemon have Hidden Power.

The Pokepaste URL will add the teamname, but won't add any other team data if ANY of the Pokemon use Hidden Power. Right now, the only way to import older gen teams is to remove Hidden Power from the mons kits and then manually add them back.

Bug Example 1
Bug Example 2

You'll notice that neither of these teams can be imported unless you remove HP Bug from the Heracross
Related to this, I've also noticed that on the windows app, the teambuilder will be stuck loading forever if you have a mon with hidden power on ANY of your teams. The website seems to handle it fine, but this will be a big inconvenience to almost all users of the windows app.

I made a similar report a bit ago, but I have more concrete data, and this time it wasn't just the ui.

Tinkaton uses skill swap on Oricorio, and then Stantler uses skill swap on Oricorio. Somehow, Stantler now has dancer, Oricorio has mold breaker, and Tinkaton has Intimidate. I double checked to make sure that Stantler targeted Oricorio and moved after Tinkaton, and it's a yes on both counts, so something went very wrong here.

Replay

I made a similar report a bit ago, but I have more concrete data, and this time it wasn't just the ui.

Tinkaton uses skill swap on Oricorio, and then Stantler uses skill swap on Oricorio. Somehow, Stantler now has dancer, Oricorio has mold breaker, and Tinkaton has Intimidate. I double checked to make sure that Stantler targeted Oricorio and moved after Tinkaton, and it's a yes on both counts, so something went very wrong here.

Replay
That’s not what happened. After Tinkaton and Stantler each use Skill Swap on Oricorio, Stantler has Mold Breaker, Oricorio has Intimidate, and Tinkaton has Dancer. Next turn, Stantler uses Skill Swap on Tinkaton the turn you switch in Lilligant so now Stantler has Dancer and Tinkaton has Mold Breaker again.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Really really minor bug, but if the player sets a Pokemon to level 50 in teambuilder in Gens 1 and 2, the validator will reject the team and ask the player to add one EV to confirm that this was intentional just like every other generation. However, since in Gens 1 and 2, Pokemon can have 252 EVs in every single stat, players cannot add a single EV to any stat, but rather, counterintuitively, must remove a single EV from the stat for their level 50 Pokemon to be valid.

In double battles, when using curse move with a non-ghost type pokemon, but terra forming into a ghost the same turn that curse is used, I am unable to select which pokemon to cast curse on.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is identical behavior to cartridge. You cannot select a target for Curse until unless you are Ghost-type at move selection, which you aren't before Terastallization (DaWoblefet)

hp percentage mod is missing from nintendo cup 2000, despite the fact that it is a stadium metagame where exact HP is visible at all times on cart (originally had a rant here because i didn't realize that people were able to sneak exacthpmod in while i was the one challenging them)
incidentally, nc1997 shouldn't have hp percentage mod because it isn't a stadium metagame, but still has it.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, there's quite a few discrepancies between the formats; I have PMed you for additional clarification (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1939591081-qd4ds2q8a7gp6q1qpyuhf7qs353cxj9pw

(Gen 8 OU) Instance where a player was able to force an endless battle but Endless Battle Clause didn't trigger. Opossing Blissey had recycle+softboiled+recycle+block with leppa berry. Opposing Blissey traps my Ferrothorn with block and uses softboiled+recycle in order to pp stall and infinitely recover. Opposing Blissey was leech seeded, resulting in Ferrothorn fully recovering HP lost due to struggle recoil every turn. Opponent was able to force a tie due to endless battle.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), this should have been ruled as a loss for Blissey because it could have ended the loop by fainting to Leech Seed (DaWoblefet)

Mathy

I swear I have good sitting posture
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1939591081-qd4ds2q8a7gp6q1qpyuhf7qs353cxj9pw

(Gen 8 OU) Instance where a player was able to force an endless battle but Endless Battle Clause didn't trigger. Opossing Blissey had recycle+softboiled+recycle+block with leppa berry. Opposing Blissey traps my Ferrothorn with block and uses softboiled+recycle in order to pp stall and infinitely recover. Opposing Blissey was leech seeded, resulting in Ferrothorn fully recovering HP lost due to struggle recoil every turn. Opponent was able to force a tie due to endless battle.
Good find -- EBC doesn't currently consider Leech but probably could, healing >25%/turn makes sense as a threshold for staleness. However, I don't know if this should ever count as a loss for the Blissey -- there are in fact decisions on behalf of the Ferro that resulted in Blissey being leeched.

I'm genuinely not sure what happened here.
showdown bug.png
As you can see, I've already won, but attempting to close out of the battle will prompt the "forfeit?" dialog. The same goes for clicking the "main menu" and "rematch" buttons.

I have absolutely no idea what caused this.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) this can happen for very long replays where the user is a player (DaWoblefet)

Screenshot_20230909-084812.png
My team got rejected for... Absolutely nothing. This happened when I went to another tab and then back.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by adrivrie

Mathy

I swear I have good sitting posture
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
In gens 4-5, and Counter + Tickle Ludicolo validates despite being an illegal combination of gen 3 tutor move + gen 4 egg move.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY Counter can be learned by chain breed as well with Breloom, but Tickle is an incompatible move with it, and the tutor move availability in Gen 3 is not good enough (DaWoblefet)

Um, so this one was pretty frustrating. I think I found a bug, or maybe an exploit is a better way to describe it. Not exactly sure how it happened, but basically, someone managed to use revival blessing with one rabsca like a bazillion times. That’s an exaggeration obviously, point is, they used it more than twice (once normally, once due to a leppa berry, more due to a bugged interaction with either healing wish, sleep talk, or both).
Here is the link to the downloaded fight. It was gen 9 national dex. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1940888943

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG
:furret: Sleep Talk does not consume the called move's PP, and can even call moves with 0 PP.

Im here to report 2 whole Gen 6 bugs.

For this example, Ill be taking a Pokemon with Knock Off (Weavile) and a Pokemon with the Magician Ability (Hoopa-U).
1. On Pokemon Showdown, when a magician Mon kills an enemy Pokemon, it currently does not take the item from them despite doing so on Cartridge.
2. When a magician Pokemon steals a Life Orb, it takes Life Orb damage despite not getting the Life Orb damage boost. On pokemon showdown, thats not the case.

Here are the replays showing that this currently not the case on PS:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ubers-1941439093-pmo552xfae0n7rjj4dytsvxy897uqzcpw (with item)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ubers-1941438249-0pxadv9a1lec1j1xxcdz4pg6bqfyhfqpw (itemless)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6ubers-1941439658-ky34dsm983gqhgy8yh7dh4k37e8vvl6pw (itemless but no Life orb recoil)

Here is a youtube video I found with this niche interaction and how it should actually work, I left it with a time stamp:

It could be that this interaction also works like this in future generations, I haven't tested nor seen it so you might wanna try that for yourself.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) both interactions are the same in Gen 9 (DaWoblefet)

This is probably the least important bug report of all time, but I noticed while going over the Teal Mask datamine that Capsakid's base HP is actually base 50, while Showdown has it as base 52.
I think it's the only stat that was incorrect on Showdown's end! Everything else matched.

BUG STATUS: FIXED
:furret: was done along side all the other dlc stuff

The Glitch that allows Dipplin to be boosted by Eviolite does not exist.

1694656996455.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED
:furret: under the hood it was working but we forgot to fix the tooltips, thx

giving base ogerpon a mask in the team builder will change it to the appropriate ogerpon, however the tera type will stay as grass (ability is still correct, but it would be tera grass instead of the tera type it's supposed to be)

:furret: it now silently corrects it server-side (#9779)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)