Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1218685708-kewf1xz6fs6rhw05t9fbsx5ux3cl0m5pw

Turn 18 the second hit of Rock Blast did strange damage on a flying type, is it a bug?
Nah, that's just Little Cup being Little Cup. Damage rolls are wild at those low levels.

0 Atk Onix Rock Blast (1 hit) vs. +2 252 HP / 252 Def Woobat: 2-6 (7.6 - 23%)

Possible damage amounts: (2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 6)

I don't know the exact spreads of Onix or Woobat, which is why the calc doesn't line up exactly.

So I was making an NU team and suddenly found myself unable to add Pokemon. There's no "add pokemon" or + button when you view the team. In addition, if you delete a Pokemon while viewing it along with the others (the page where the "Upload to Pokepaste" button is), you can't add another one (but can still undo the delete), but if you delete it by clicking on the Pokemon and clicking "Delete," you can add another Pokemon (but only one). Attached a few screenshots showing the glitch.
Teambuilder-Showdown- (1).png
Teambuilder-Showdown- (2).png
Teambuilder-Showdown- (3).png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike last time, this is a bug I have experienced firsthand. I use the Mac application version of Showdown. The new Box feature of the Teambuilder creates a box with 24 slots at first, and I can use it as such, but after closing the app and opening it again, the Box is converted back into a Team. It no longer has 24 slots, and the sprites of the Pokémon past slot 6 overflow behind the next Team in line. I also can't add any more Pokémon to the former Box. Looks like this:

Attachments

Unlike last time, this is a bug I have experienced firsthand. I use the Mac application version of Showdown. The new Box feature of the Teambuilder creates a box with 24 slots at first, and I can use it as such, but after closing the app and opening it again, the Box is converted back into a Team. It no longer has 24 slots, and the sprites of the Pokémon past slot 6 overflow behind the next Team in line. I also can't add any more Pokémon to the former Box. Looks like this:
I’m guessing that’s because your version of the client wasn’t able to update properly. If you reinstall it (back up your teams first!), do new boxes stay as boxes? If so, you should be able to convert that one back into a box using import/export, and in a few days I plan to have added a button that turns a regular team into a box.

When using the teambuilder in generation 1, Seismic Toss, Night Shade, Psywave, Super Fang and Dragon Rage (but not Sonic Boom) are listed as having 1 base power.
In every other generation, they are listed as having '-' power.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is really more of a suggestion (DaWoblefet)

I'm having a problem with teambuilder, I can't add pokemon to my already built teams if I happen to delete one pokemon. The only option available is "upload to PokePaste". Also, I can't copy/import those teams no matter how, when I click "copy team", nothing is copied.
ra1.PNG

Capturar.PNG

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
when searching for a team if you backspace everything, the input field loses the focus and you have to click on it
also can't do ctrl+a, so any new search is: backspace everything, click on input field, type new search query
it's been like this for a long time but my lazy bum didn't get to posting about it till now

chrome 86.0.4240.183 on win 10, didn't test any other browser

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, it also probably shouldn't start the search until at least 2 characters are entered (DaWoblefet)

1605056245347.png
Somehow I gave Corviknight Defog twice, and the validator didn't mind.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

/h uno gives you the command /unso disqualify [player] - disqualifies the player from the game. Requires: % @ # &, where there's a spelling error.

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
In this Bulbapedia article, it says that the move Double Iron Bash should double in power and no accuracy check if the opposing Pokemon has used Minimize.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Double_Iron_Bash_(move)

However, when I tested this out, it didn't seem to be implemented on PS.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1221716288

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Bulbapedia is simply wrong here; I tested Double Iron Bash vs. Minimize and it missed on cart; moreover, if it did hit, it wasn't doubled damage (DaWoblefet).

in GEN7
If I try to give the move "Reflect Type" to kecleon (no other move, just that one single move), I get rejected

- Kecleon must have its Hidden Ability because it has a move only available from Gen 5 Dream World.

If then I give him its Hidden Ability, I get:

- Kecleon's move Reflect Type can only be learned in past gens without Hidden Abilities.

Dear god...

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
While this is purely visual, Ditto currently copies the gigantamax form of a gigantamaxed pokemon, it is supposed to transform into it's normal form.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
09D081E5-DC46-43A1-9089-EC8FAF8006D4.png

mix and mega and inheritance:
The mega stone you are using/the pokemon you are inheriting from shows up as [undefined] rather than the corresponding Mega Stone/Pokemon. Not a big deal for mnm as it announces the stone in the battle chat but this is a big deal for inheritance

EDIT: Don Vascus provided me a replay for inh as well https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8inheritance-1223002604

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Currently, there is no visual indication outside of the battle log that states a lingering effect from a pledge combo is on the field, not even in the top left corner where similar effects are listed. It’s not really a bug, but it could certainly confuse players unaware of how pledge combos work.

I played someone on ladder who had a rating of 1000 but I had a rating of 1640. During that battle, when I hovered over my avatar, it said I had 1081. I had just gotten off an alt that I played a few games on, and I probably had 1081 on it.

HoennHero said that me changing alts shouldn't have changed anything because my "mmrCache says 1640."
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen8nationaldex-1223251982-ybpf5v18ldczm2udcgsyubr4xxmbb0upw

I got a battle after this one and everything was fine.
1605319230897.png

1605319251242.png

1605319286147.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), this is a known desynchronization between the avatar hover rank and the ladder rank displayed at the end of battle (the hover rank isn't consistently correct) (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1223335309 turn 8, shouldn't SSA have been physical? there is no physical way for blissey's spdef to be lower than its def without the use of external moves, screens, etc. which weren't the case here. please let me know if there's something i'm missing

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, confirming that Shell Side Arm would have done more damage to Blissey with special rather than physical, so SSA picked Special for its damage. If you had 31 Atk IVs, it would have picked physical and dealt a couple more % in damage (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8stabmons-1223335309 turn 8, shouldn't SSA have been physical? there is no physical way for blissey's spdef to be lower than its def without the use of external moves, screens, etc. which weren't the case here. please let me know if there's something i'm missing
Side Shell Arm considers both the user's attacking stats and the target's defence stats when choosing what type of damage to deal. One way to think about it is to consider it as checking both how much damage it would do as a physical move targeting defence and a special move targeting special defence and choosing whichever would do more.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Side Shell Arm considers both the user's attacking stats and the target's defence stats when choosing what type of damage to deal. One way to think about it is to consider it as checking both how much damage it would do as a physical move targeting defence and a special move targeting special defence and choosing whichever would do more.
I calculated the possibility of the formula using the information provided in /dt, and its possible for shell side arm to be spa in this matchup, just somewhat unlikely.

In any case, here are some calculations to show that it's possible.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)