Bug Reports v4 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hi,

Today with friends, we noticed a Showdown bug which could be pretty dangerous so this is my duty to raise it to the Showdown support.

This thread is specifically for reporting Pokemon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands.

If you have a different issue, there is probably another thread somewhere related to that topic:
Other Useful Threads
My bug is not a battle mechanics/chat commands/it's not a question/it's not a connection trouble/it's not a request/it's not the damage calc/it's not a randbat set/it's not a sprite. So I post it there. And I didn't find this issue already raised anywhere.

The bug is very simple: when you create an alt account and you log in to it with friends, if someone wants to switch to its own account and click "change name" instead of clicking "log out", everyone connected to its account without knowing its password. For free. Ok I agree, the guy is stupid to not clicking "Log out". But in any case, a command which can log into someone else account should definitely not exist. I think that's more than critical.

Best regards,

Nico

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, account sharing will do things like this, so you need to be careful with who you share accounts with. The account merging is intended to handle things like logging out of all instances of your account. (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
With a recent change to /dexsearch that allows move searching, immunities are no longer considered as resistances, both for moves and for types. See the provided image.

In the same vein, it appears status moves can also be considered for /ds weak and /ds resist. I'm not sure if this is really necesarry, so I wanted to highlight it as well. Not as much of a bug as what is mentioned above, though.

Finally (though not showcased in the image), move aliases (e.g. cc, eq, pup, etc.) do not work for weak and resist in /ds commands either.
I hope to have informed you enough this way.
20201122_052612.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaegar

MacChaeger

Go ahead, I’m bulletproof!
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With a recent change to /dexsearch that allows move searching, immunities are no longer considered as resistances, both for moves and for types. See the provided image.

In the same vein, it appears status moves can also be considered for /ds weak and /ds resist. I'm not sure if this is really necesarry, so I wanted to highlight it as well. Not as much of a bug as what is mentioned above, though.

Finally (though not showcased in the image), move aliases (e.g. cc, eq, pup, etc.) do not work for weak and resist in /ds commands either.
I hope to have informed you enough this way.
View attachment 293235
I already have a pull request open to fix the immunities problem, but I didn't catch the status move thing. Thanks!

ADV: The teambuilder is rejecting my magneton for having the wrong HP IVs even though it isn't running HP.

2020-11-22.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, That's because it's specified as HP Grass in the builder there, next to the shiny box to the far right. You then changed the IVs manually afterwards most likely, giving you that error. Simply change the HP type to Dragon and it should be fine. (Kalalokki)

Hi ! I found a difference between Pokémon Showdown and the real game with a particular set of Magearna.

First : this is my Magearna. I started to use it for the french UTA metagame created a few years ago on 7th gen. It was fun to play and efficient, especially on Showdown.

Ladypoupée (S) (Magearna) @ White Herb
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This Magearna uses the white herb for spamming Fleur Cannon multiple times. I loved this set, it was really powerful in UTA for sweeping, so, I generated this team on my 3DS, and I found something strange !

Here's a replay, where we see Magearna in action : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1229106090

As you can see, when Magearna is killing a Pokémon with Fleur Cannon, things happens that way :
-First, Fleur Cannon put the opposing Pokemon's life to 0.
-Just after it, Magearna gets Fleur Cannon's debuff.
-The white herb puts Magearna's stats back to normal.
-The opposing Pokémon is declared K.O. and Magearna's ability is triggered.

At the end of the turn, Magearna's Spe Attack is buffed to 1.5x.

But in the real game, things doesn't happen in the same order :
-First, Fleur Cannon put the opposing Pokémon's life to 0.
-Juste after it, Magearna gets Fleur Cannon's debuff.
-But here's the difference : now, the opposing Pokémon is declared K.O. and Magearna's ability is triggered.
-And only now, the white herb puts Magearna's stats back to normal.

So at the end of the turn, Magearna doen't have any buff at all, it is true in 7G and in 8G ! I tested both !

I hope you can fix this !

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), this should also happen with Moxie / Neigh abilities / Beast Boost. It goes stat drops -> target faints -> Soul-Heart etc. -> White Herb (DaWoblefet)

The teambuilder is listing moves cut in Gen 8 as illegal on Smeargle, regardless of metagame. The actual validator works fine.

Screenshot_20201123-032314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201123-032520_Samsung Internet.jpg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Additionally, special stat listings in Gen 1 are inconsistent, as is the ordering when sorting by BST.

Screenshot_20201123-033005_Samsung Internet.jpg

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, it shouldn't even display SpD in the teambuilder for Gen 1 (DaWoblefet)

so when I use the teambuilder after the initial save of the team if I close showdown for some reason the add pokemon buttons disappear I don't know if this is intentional or has already been reported

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO - if you're using the downloaded version of Showdown, you need to update it. If you're on the latest version and still experience the issue, let us know again (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Two bugs in that game: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8balancedhackmons-1229971869

First, in turn 8 the opposing Suicune missed its U-turn due to my Dialga's Bright Power and got hit by Core Enforcer. Next turn, it U-turned out successfully and was replaced by Cryogonal. According to my rival, Cryogonal's ability showed up as "suppressed" as if it got hit by the Core Enforcer (or got a Core Enforcer Baton-Passed to it).

And second, the opposing Silvally-Fire gained a Fire typing when it used its Burn-Up instead of losing it. It wasn't just a display error as my Spectral Theif could hit it and my Sacred Fire was resisted.

And second, the opposing Silvally-Fire gained a Fire typing when it used its Burn-Up instead of losing it. It wasn't just a display error as my Spectral Theif could hit it and my Sacred Fire was resisted.
This is correct behavior. None of the Silvally and Arceus forms can not have their type changed by any means outside of their ability.

Today I experienced in gen 8 random battles that having a choice-locked move disabled forces you to struggle and overrides the ability to dynamax/z-move. I tested to confirm this in national dex anything goes for both cases with the z-move case here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1229996131. My guess is the struggle overlay isn't equipped to include the button for dynamax/z-moves.
Not a bug. You can't dynamax/zmove when you're forced to struggle.

Even if you have a Pokémon capable of losing its Fire typing, that doesn't make it Normal type, so it would still get hit by Spectral Thief anyway.

First, in turn 8 the opposing Suicune missed its U-turn due to my Dialga's Bright Power and got hit by Core Enforcer. Next turn, it U-turned out successfully and was replaced by Cryogonal. According to my rival, Cryogonal's ability showed up as "suppressed" as if it got hit by the Core Enforcer (or got a Core Enforcer Baton-Passed to it).
Do you have a screenshot or something to replicate this? It looks fine from just looking at the replay.

I have 2 bugs [UPDATED]:

1) It seems the focus sash is used up even if Endure was selected, wasting the item.
I experienced this playing Gen7Doubles with Shedinja.
In original 3ds battles, this doesn't happen.

Could this be fixed? Or is it an intentional nerf?

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH (DaWoblefet)

EDIT: I've attached a new replay demonstrating this behavior on showdown.
Also, here's a video of the same situation but on 3DS hardware w/Ultra Sun.

2) Somewhat randomly, Togedemaru is immune to sandstream. I have a replay here where it does no damage to a lvl1 togedemaru.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, like all Steel-types, Togedemaru is immune to sandstorm damage (DaWoblefet)

EDIT: Thanks, I didn't know that! :smogduck:

Attachments

Last edited:
[21:34:14] p0ip0le ∆: !nms electric, bp desc, physical, acc=100, !z, !gmax, !max, !recoil
Volt Tackle (120), Wild Charge (90)
[21:34:16] p0ip0le ∆: !nms electric, bp desc, physical, acc=100, !z, !gmax, !max, recoil
Volt Tackle (120), Wild Charge (90)

excluding recoil in /nms forces it to include recoil; the correct move line should be
Aura Wheel (110), Fusion Bolt (100), Plasma Fists (100), Bolt Beak (85), Zing Zap (80), Thunder Punch (75), Spark (65), Nuzzle (20)

(directly copied from the same command without using recoil at all; removed volt tackle and wild charge)

When hovering over the active mon on your team it shows a mix of the correct information for that mon and information for the mon the opponent has out. It shows their name and type, and their hp percentage, but your item, ability, moves, and current hp/max hp. This doesn't actually give you any information you shouldn't have, so it doesn't really matter but it's a bit odd to look at.
Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 2.13.59 PM.png

Rabia

i am rabia
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP Co-Leader
Ignore spectators seems to be persistent regardless of whether I disable it or not. Once I get into a new battle, it'll be turned back on even if I turned it off in the previous. This is especially burdensome when doing help tickets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 0)