Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I was playing randbats today when i encountered this: I bring in Kyurem-W (Choice Specs) and click Freeze Dry a few times. My opponent brings out Gengar, I Freeze Dry it, and Freeze Dry is disabled by Cursed Body. As a choiced mon which is disabled, I try and dynamax it to bypass this, but it will only allow me to select the move in my first slot (Max Flare in this case). I think this is perhaps due to me only being able to select struggle before dynamaxing. It also shows the move type as normal. If this is intended behaviour I apologise but I think it isn't since Dynamax moves aren't supposed to be affected by disable. Here are screenshots/the replay link.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1267398719-qk6ts3g7y4pxes6ij4akauhgv43r873pw
bugpic1.PNG
bugpic2.PNG

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

Last edited by a moderator:
hello fellow gamers, found a bug:
2021-01-22 (2).png

I have no idea what happened, but the guy switched out his falinks to another one, and his sprite didn't load. This was taken today, and was played on Sw/Sh anything goes singles.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE, Shiny Falink's BW front sprite is bugged. I tested it with some battles earlier. (Dawn of Ares)

Wait, I don't think he was shiny? I dont know, but nothing else was shiny.

In the poll queue, clicking the delete button doesn't work:

1611366352231.png

It only brings up a message from ~ saying "/deletequeue - must be used in a chat room, not a console", but /deletequeue isn't the right command – it's /poll deletequeue [number].

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Currently the simulator allows the item Ring Target to override the move Magnet Rise.

Pokemon in a non-grounded state, such as the one produced after a pokemon uses the move Magnet Rise, shouldn't take damage from ground-type move, unless there's gravity on the field, or the ground-type move user has the ability Mold Breaker or a similar one (in case the state is caused by levitate). Ring Target only removes type related immunities.
BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

So I think this is either a bug or hack idk. I was playing Balanced Hackmons and basically had Yveltal with geomancy and other buffs. Yet I got hazed by a Melmetal. Now its not because I couldn't kill it. It went first and hazed me? At the very very end of the battle he says its prankster. Yet I had a Yveltal. A dark type. Also, in the fight. I had a triage Kyogre being outsped by Eternatus using Dynamax cannon as its attack. I used oblivion wing because it benefits from Triage yet I got outsped/didn't have more priority.
Here's the replay file:///C:/Users/jamle/Downloads/Gen8BalancedHackmons-2021-01-23-decaffinator-ergdrt.html
I really don't understand what happened. If this is something in game, I didn't know about it ig.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Moves that target the field, such as Haze, that get boosted by prankster are not nullified by Dark-types (Kris) Dealt with in help room, but Triage was suppressed with Core enforcer, so it couldn't have priority. (Dawn of Ares)

1611473810175.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) though I don't know what causes this, a workaround is to choose another format then go back to the format you were trying to challenge in (DaWoblefet)

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug but here goes.

Silver Wind does exist in gen 8 (as do all the removed moves), it just can't be selected in battle. I understand for a new player and for almost all circumstances this would be useless or confusing, however I don't believe it should prevent you from entering a battle since showdown is supposed to simulate what happens in game.

Instead, I feel it should be more appropriate to give a warning, for example: "Silver Wind (or any removed move) can't be selected in battle. Are you sure you want to proceed?"
You could also go further with this by marking removed transfer moves something different to "illegal" in the team builder. For example just a simple "removed" tag.

This would stay true to the games while still informing new players that there could be an error with the team. Again, it probably won't apply in most cases, but at the moment the simulator isn't doing the same thing as on cartridge.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, there is no reason to include Silver Wind, as opposed to simply not include it on your moveset. It is much easier to reject these at the validator level rather than mid-battle, to make things easier for mods like National Dex (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

In RBY, Recover and Softboiled will display the "In gen 1, recovery moves fail when missing HP modulo 256 = 0" text even if Recover fails due to being at full health.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Added Smeargle to [Gen 8] Nat Dex teambuilder and noticed when looking at all the moves that there are two bugged out moves as shown in the screenshot below:

Clicking on the blank move does nothing while the fake move 'a' can be added, however the bugged moves cannot be validated (as not a real move).

1611721942430.png

1611722086373.png

Edit: If I write something but don't choose a move and just go to the next moveslot, I will be able to find it in the 'useless sketched moves' area
1611784738760.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Attachments

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
im listed as still being in some battles, even though i closed them.. someone also told me i was marked as online all night even though i closed PS (no screenshots for that but 2 different people confirmed that i was "online" and idle)

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Attachments

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
/ds electric, trick returns Rotom but not any of its formes (which also learn Trick)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, The /ds command doesn't list formes unless the form matches the search and the regular form doesn't. (Dawn of Ares)

This would be a nonsensical change and only confuse newbies. It does not change anything with the actual battle besides allowing Pokemon with unusable moves on a team - unlike something like replicating cartridge bugs, which actually influence battles.
While it might not influence competitive battles, it can definitely effect battles attempting to test mechanics. Showdown at the heart of it is supposed to be a simulator and making its mechanics different to the in game ones seems even more confusing to new players.
Things like choice band, technician boosted struggle are mechanics that can be pulled off in game but can't on showdown. It isn't really a bug but it is an in game mechanic.
Would this affect high level tournament play? No. However to argue it's confusing, when there is a pop-up that can tell you every exact problem with your team, would be underestimating the ability of new players to read.

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While it might not influence competitive battles, it can definitely effect battles attempting to test mechanics. Showdown at the heart of it is supposed to be a simulator and making its mechanics different to the in game ones seems even more confusing to new players.
Things like choice band, technician boosted struggle are mechanics that can be pulled off in game but can't on showdown. It isn't really a bug but it is an in game mechanic.
Would this affect high level tournament play? No. However to argue it's confusing, when there is a pop-up that can tell you every exact problem with your team, would be underestimating the ability of new players to read.
To be honest, it seems better to present this idea with a post in the suggestion forum, rather than arguing in the bug report theard, as your idea will, at best, be forgotten given the number of messages here.
(Sorry for the one line post)

if the pokemon has a weather hability like sun, and is holding an eject pack if the oponents pokemons has something like intimidate on turn 1, your pokemon is ejected before the weather sets in, ive checked out in my switch and the pokemon gets ejected after the weather sets, please fix it because is a core mechanic of vgc team

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), there's no replay here, but I know which bug they're talking about (DaWoblefet)

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
The "Don't Allow Spectators" checkbox and "/hidenext" commands aren't actually making ladder games private. Not sure how to show proof of that since I can't really record my PS!, but I've seen several others with the same issue/complaint.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I was wrong, these make battles hidden instead of invite only now. (Dawn of Ares)

Shiny Urshifu is legal on Showdown. I've tested it in VGC, Ou, and BSS.
1612287179163.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

If you click "switch sides" in a replay before starting it the "Play (Music Off)" option disappears.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

Hello back again with random things found.

It seems when searching for max flare, the default base power is stated to be 100 when it should be 10 like all the other moves.
(I am actually not sure why the default is 10).

1612331392794.png

1612331378296.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as p0ip0le correctly says, Max Flare just is 100 BP in-game, different from all the others (if I had to guess, a typo). Of course, these are hacked Max Move base power; real Max Move base power is overriden based on the particular move. Showdown just includes these for hackmons purposes. (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)