Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
If you search for a Pokemon by stat, click the EVs part of the Pokemon, then go back to the search function, the Pokemon you selected will appear twice on the search function. This is most noticeable if you choose a Pokemon with an already high stat in that category (say, Shuckle in Defense or Kartana in Attack).

2021-02-11 (8).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, make sure to click EVs in-between to see the effect (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason why my opponent gets six turns of idle-turns until they lose because of inactivity? There‘s so much inconsistency for someone not familiar with that - One match they lose immediately, the next the bot takes over the whole match. Anyone kind enough to explain?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1281044816-xvtk3986tfcgppemmhvhuqgl2u0nwbvpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is just how the VGC timer works (the Your Time part at least). You have a designated amount of "Your Time" and do not lose until all of it is expired if the opponent goes afk. This is what would happen if the opponent went afk on cartridge (DaWoblefet)

Hi, I came across a bug in Gen 8 OU where my Clefable was able to trick a sticky barb onto Tapu Fini after it fainted. The Tapu Fini's leftovers were knocked earlier by the burned Clef so it had no item at the time. Two screenshots of the interaction are below, sorry for not having the full replay I downloaded it instead of uploading. If you have any more questions please lmk.

Screenshot 1.PNGScreenshot 3.PNGScreenshot 2.PNG

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Sticky barb can also transfer through contact moves. Since Draining kiss is a contact move and the Tapu Fini had its item knocked off, it gained Clefable's sticky barb. (Dawn of Ares)

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey, there seems to be an issue with the sub room permission inheritance from parent rooms regarding access to the logs.

If someone is a staff member in the parent room but holds no rank or room voice in the sub room, they can still use their staff member powers (punishments, broadcast, modlog), but do not have access to the /roomlog, which is pretty annoying and counter-intuitive considering the fact that the modlog entries' timestamps all link to the roomlog site. Since parent room staff members are still able to use /chatlog, it would make sense for them to be able to access the regular roomlog as well.

Permission refused despite being a moderator in the parent room (having no rank instead of voice does the same); it's fixable by promoting parent room staff members to their respective rank in the sub room which makes sense anyway for staff rooms but perhaps some sub rooms with different policy guidelines do not like that option.

Not a big issue per se since /chatlog seems to work fine but still wanted to point it out since the difference between the two similar commands echoes the fact that one of the two behaviors isn't the intended one. Thanks for your time!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (Dawn of Ares)
Mia edit: Log viewer is closed source so this is difficult to work on. Will investigate.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1282104596-858u2m1ydlfla9ua6343iq13cul8h3jpw

On turn 9, Protective Pads Silvally kills Mummy Ludicolo with Outrage and some weird messages show up (double Mummy "activation" and Ludicolo's ability becoming Mummy when it already had it).

turn 9 said:
Valiant used Outrage!
(The opposing Ludicolo lost 24% of its health!)
[The opposing Ludicolo's Mummy]
[The opposing Ludicolo's Mummy]
The opposing Ludicolo's Ability became Mummy!
Valiant protected itself with its Protective Pads!
Valiant became confused due to fatigue!
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Also in this replay is a bug with Rollout not continuing to target the correct slot after being called

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

EDIT:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1282155553
Something very weird happens on Turn 5 of this game. Blissey Flings its Leppa Berry into Silvally. Silvally eats the flung Leppa Berry, Blissey also eats the same Leppa Berry, and then Blissey appears to be flinging nothing.
turn 5 said:
Blissey used Metronome!

Waggling a finger let it use Fling!
It's super effective!
(The opposing Valiant lost 4% of its health!)
The opposing Valiant restored PP to its move Metronome using its Leppa Berry!
(Blissey ate its Leppa Berry!)
Blissey restored PP to its move Metronome using its Leppa Berry!
Blissey flung its !
BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point (I think by pyuk)

When using Fling with Leppa Berry, you can never possibly consume the Leppa Berry yourself, even if it's Fling's last PP. It goes like this (DaWoblefet)
[Pokemon] used Fling!
[Pokemon] flung its [item]!
(damage on target)
[target] restored PP to its move [move] using its Leppa Berry!
(Fling really is at 0 PP)

EDIT 2:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1282687716
Turn 3 Silvally megahorns Snorlax to death, Snorlax eats its Jaboca Berry, but Silvally does not take any damage.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point (I think by pyuk)

Bug Report: Graphical Glitch regarding an old move with a damage type change

In G6 Water Shuriken is a physical move and in G7 it was changed to special

On Showdown if you use a Greninja in G6 Ubers or AG the move shows as special even though it should be physical

On top of this when tested in battle the move is still actually physical

1613364127809.png
1613364139420.png
^^^^
Here you can see it's Gen 6 and Ubers and still shown as a special move

1613364169760.png
^^^^
Here you see it doing low damage to a Rhyperior with a highly polarized build

Rhyperior @ Kee Berry
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Lax Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Stealth Rock

In addition it also activates the Kee berry which can only be done via physical moves, and it also shows a damage reduction when the defense is increased by one stage

Also even though the move is physical it still affects what the "Guessed Spread" will be... even when given Water Shuriken and all physical moves it still changes the nature to Hasty and invests a point for special attack

I'm pretty sure ghost/dragon types can't be hit with Close Combat,right?
Cause Sirfetch'd did that to my Giratina,and I'm confused as heck.(My Giratina didn't have any item that would've allowed Close Combat to hit it. Don't know about the opponent though.)
The battle format was (Gen 8) Random Battle.
20210216_144109.jpg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, as Lionyx says, Sirfetch'd has the ability Scrappy (DaWoblefet)

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm pretty sure ghost/dragon types can't be hit with Close Combat,right?
Cause Sirfetch'd did that to my Giratina,and I'm confused as heck.(My Giratina didn't have any item that would've allowed Close Combat to hit it. Don't know about the opponent though.)
The battle format was (Gen 8) Random Battle.
View attachment 316372
Not a bug at all, it has an ability called Scrappy that allow normal- and fighting-type moves to work on ghost-type Pokémon

Gen 8 Inheritance metagame:
I used an Accelgor whose set was inherited from a Butterfree with the moves Psychic, Bug Buzz, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball and ability Tinted Lens. However, it says that Accelgor's set is illegal even though I checked that Butterfree can learn all of these moves.
1613548524580.png

1613548564687.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Butterfree is banned from Inheritance, so you can't inherit from it. (Kris)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-1284372795 game revealed zoroark before any reason to show it against me (opponent swapped pokemon but never to the same pokemon that was just out) illusion isn't supposed to reveal the pokemon like that

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Mudsdale and Zoroark were different levels. On cartridge, Zoroark does not copy the level of the target it is attempting to Illusion. Once level 84 "Mudsdale" was sent out, Zoroark was revealed because that was different than the level 88 Mudsdale it showed before. (DaWoblefet)

brett davis: ah ok never had that happen though before thank you for letting me know

I just tried loading into a gen3ou game and was given the message that a pokemon on my team had the nickname 'tyranitar' and that was not allowed. The pokemon in question is my tyranitar and I had played a few games immediately beforehand with no such issue. I renamed it to 'tyranitar1' and it worked just fine after that. I don't really know what other information I can provide here but if you ask for something I can try
itsttar.PNG
banttar.PNG

EDIT: I just tried again and it works just fine now. Still a confusing bug though

BUG STATUS: FIXED - Issue with the filter system that resulted in everything being flagged as spam.

Honestly not sure if this is a bug on my end or a bug on showdown's end, but I wanted to report this just in case.
The bars to set EVs extend further than the stats, when they should be stopping just before the IVs. Not specific to OU (same bug in VGC) and not specific to a pokemon. If it changes anything, then I play using an iPad, and it's on the most recent iOS.
E240150F-B8F4-488F-BD53-BAECCB7283D6.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, it seems to be an iOS problem? I can't reproduce it, I know pyuk could (DaWoblefet)

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1613622380626.png

When /ndsing multiple terms, you get a hard cap of 300 characters before it truncates the input, didn't work this way prior to param refactors quite a while back, hence reporting it as a bug.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this was done intentionally to prevent DDoS attempts (DaWoblefet)

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1285013158-hzi652wroy6g1sdeh5mzn7hjamifh1jpw

On Turn 10 Gulp Missile paralyzed a Slowking that was not active when its Future Sight hit a Cramorant.

Pretty unconventional behaviour so reporting as potential bug.
Yeah that's not what it's supposed to do.

Footage from in game shows that it just...doesn't activate. (Future Sight came from the Slowking in the back of my party.)

Corrosive Gas is missing a failure message ("But it failed to affect [pokemon]!") I know some other moves also fail silently, but I don't have any examples off the top of my head. Compare turn 2 of https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1284077012 to ingame https://streamable.com/b1yw8n

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

When a suppressed ability gets replaced, the (suppressed) current ability text is fully replaced with the new ability, even though the new ability is also still suppressed and doesn't mention the fact. See turn 2 of https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1286077248 where Watchog goes from (suppressed) to Mummy on the hover display, and (suppressed) to Scrappy when hovering over its minisprite.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Byleth

Retirement
Quick Draw/Mega Mechanics:

Testing in the national dex format, it seems quick draw takes priority over mega evolution, leading to a situation where a quick draw can activate before slowbro-galar mega evolves, meaning it still is under the effect of quick draw for that turn. See this replay for reference https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1286109991-rvym4knc394f1qbmie636b3jeesvsdgpw where a 0 speed ev Slowbro activates quick draw before evolving, and having its attack prioritized over the faster 4 speed Slowbro.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, for two reasons; 1) NatDex makes up mechanics that can't be tested on any game as they please, and 2) the closest comparable example is Gen 7 Mega Rayquaza activating Quick Claw and getting it Tricked away mid-turn, which does not impact the Rayquaza's turn order. Credit to Marty for the video. (DaWoblefet)

Quick Draw/Mega Mechanics:

Testing in the national dex format, it seems quick draw takes priority over mega evolution, leading to a situation where a quick draw can activate before slowbro-galar mega evolves, meaning it still is under the effect of quick draw for that turn. See this replay for reference https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1286109991-rvym4knc394f1qbmie636b3jeesvsdgpw where a 0 speed ev Slowbro activates quick draw before evolving, and having its attack prioritized over the faster 4 speed Slowbro.
I don’t know that I would classify this as a bug. Quick Draw and mega evolution don’t exist together in any games so it’s impossible to test this exact interaction, but we do know that Quick Draw activates before Dynamaxing happens, as does Quick Claw before mega evolution. What could be tested in gen 8 is having Quick Draw activate and then overriding it with Prankster Worry Seed or something faster so that when the Slowbro-Galar’s priority bracket comes up, it no longer has Quick Draw. If not having Quick Draw any more makes it not move first, then this is most certainly a bug, but otherwise I would call this “intended”.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Teambuilder will show the abilities from the last gen, ignoring if you are building in Gen 8, 3 or 1.

I think it is important to point out it as it might be confusing for those who are starting.

Edit myself: Gen 1 teambuilder won't show the real stats, as SpA and SpD should be the same

While its sprite is not messed up in the replay, the sprite for zoroark will consistently come up as blank during 2v2 battles if its illusion ability is active. When I played with both accounts on my browser, it seemed like whichever user saw the initial switch ins happen first experienced this bug.

I found a more consistent way to get a similar bug to occur. If you watch a replay, go up to the turn after a zoroark loses its illusion, and then skip back a few turns, the sprite seems to go somewhere to the top left of the screen. For reference, try skipping up to turn 14 on https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesubers-1287054451 and then skip back a few turns. The swoobat will seem to have teleported to the top left of the screen.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)