Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1286662173 Visual bug: The tooltips show an unburden boost when there shouldn't be one. A pokemon can't gain the boost if it lost the item before it gets unburden. This is correct serverside, as you can see the rillaboom outspeed the regigigas.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
When Weezing-Galar's Neutralizing Gas prevents ability activation from stat-gaining moves, the PS! overlay still says that the stat increase occurred.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Send in a pokemon with unburden vs Weezing-G (Hawlucha with Power Herb)
2. Activate Unburden the usual way (Use Sky attack)
3. Observe that the projected increased stats are displayed rather than the actual speed.

Proving that the stat change did not occur is easy as well.
4. Switch out Weezing-G, sending in a pokemon faster than the normal speed (Scarf Lycanroc)
5. Observe that the Unburden mon goes second but shows increased speed regardless

I forgot to save a replay, but I tested with the guy after (and forgot again lol)
Easy enough to reproduce.

It makes sense that the Neutralizing gas prevents the stat gain, but PS! shows that it didn't. I didn't notice this to be the case on the first turn, and when Weezing was KO'd I just assumed I was faster because the neutralizing gas went away. I don't think it's a bug or unreasonable or anything that i missed my stat boost, the trigger was over. I just assumed that when Weezing G left, the stats would have returned to normal, and Showdown's UI convinced me of that despite it not being true.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet (client) and Karthik99999 (server)

p0ip0le

it's a billion lions
/learn giratina, rockclimb

similar issues also occur w/ other gen4 pokemon; tried lucario toxicroak magmortar abomasnow etc. rampardos is, for some reason, exempt from this, and shows up in /nds rock climb despite getting it the exact same way as lucario-- HM only

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Rock Climb is an HM move, and HM moves can't be transferred up from Gen 4 to Gen 5 if the move is an HM in that Gen 4 game. Rock Climb is an HM in all Gen 4 games, so a Pokemon can't be transferred knowing the move. The error message is wrong, though. (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion

Aeonic

we got to install microwave ovens
/tour create returns an incorrect error when an argument for elimination or round robin is not supplied.

(obviously I have access to tour commands)

edit: this only happens in some rooms. I get this error in staff, stafftours, and Pokemon Games, but not Video Games (tested at +, @, #) or Random Battles.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

I believe there's an issue with the move 'bubble beam' in Gen 1. When a paralysed pokemon is affected by a move that lowers it stats (such as bubble beam reducing a targets speed by 1 stage) the speed drop from paralysis should be re-applied. This doesn't appear to happen with bubble beam. You can see this in this replay on turn 91.

In the replay my Chansey gets a speed drop with bubble beam on the opponent's Starmie (both are paralysed). In the next turn Starmie goes first, which shouldn't happen if the speed drop from paralysis was re-applied.

I apologise if there's some mechanic which explains this that I'm not aware of. This might not seem like a priority but I think bubble beam would be useful if it re-applied the paralysis speed drop.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (Plague Von Karma)

I'm sure this has been reported on already since it's very visible, but I didn't see it in the last few pages, so...

When battling against a team with Rapid Strike Style Urshifu, it will show up as Single Strike Style on the team preview, and will remain that way until it is sent out into battle. This has happened multiple times to me in Gen 8 OU. Screenshots from the same battle below:

Capture705.png
Capture706.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, That's how PS shows Urshifu's generic form, as Urshifu's specific form isn't shown on team preview. (Dawn of Ares)

When a driver or moderator does /chatlog, the command does not work. For bots it works. In the help command it is written that the command works for% @ * # &.

1614539963962.png

( http://prntscr.com/109l431 )

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, You need to be a trusted user (or RO in the room) to access /chatlog at all. I would assume if it works for bots you gave them the declare permission, which shouldn't work and I will fix that now. (Mia)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-1291832153

On turn 4 of this replay, Lickitung hyper beams my Rattata and doesn't KO, so it's stuck recharging.
On turn 5, Rattata freezes the Lickitung before it can successfully recharge. However, the Recharging message is still displayed (which counts as a bug on its own).
On turn 6, the Lickitung can switch out despite the fact that it hasn't recharged from using hyper beam. This contradicts what should happen, which is that the frozen pokemon is stuck there without being able to choose a move or switch until it can successfully recharge, which would only happen if the opponent thaws it with a fire move (but not with Haze).

From Bulbapedia's page on hyper beam: "Hyper Beam will not require a recharge turn if it misses, it breaks a substitute, it knocks out the target, the user is targeted by a binding move (even if it misses), the user flinches or the user is put to sleep after the attack but before the recharge turn. However, freeze does not prevent the need for the recharge turn of Hyper Beam. If the user is confused, the recharge turn of Hyper Beam will not count towards the number of turns the user will remain confused."

[EDIT] SadisticMystic with cart footage (Skip to 2:10):

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
There seems to be a small visual bug on this replay (and on the corresponding live match back then). Player A's lead Thundurus was switched out for an undercover Zoroark who got Toxiced but started to set-up and flinch his way in such a manner than he died of poison of life orb recoil without his illusion being broken. However, when Player A sent the Pokémon Zoroark took the appearance of right after (Reuniclus), his perfectly healthy Thundurus was greyed out for some reason.

...I don't feel like I'm explaining it super well but see: Turn 5.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) this is kind of hard to properly update the client with though; you know because of Species Clause that it must be a different Pokemon with Illusion, but you technically don't know what Pokemon had it. It could be a Zorua or Zoroark, we don't know. I suppose you could add a blank ? sprite and gray it out? (DaWoblefet)

Hi everyone, is this a bug?
I could not select a move.
buggg.PNG

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO; it sounds like a custom client but doesn't look like one? Not sure (DaWoblefet)

There seems to be a small visual bug on this replay (and on the corresponding live match back then). Player A's lead Thundurus was switched out for an undercover Zoroark who got Toxiced but started to set-up and flinch his way in such a manner than he died of poison of life orb recoil without his illusion being broken. However, when Player A sent the Pokémon Zoroark took the appearance of right after (Reuniclus), his perfectly healthy Thundurus was greyed out for some reason.

...I don't feel like I'm explaining it super well but see: Turn 5.
I've experienced similar bugs while testing things with illusion. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesubers-1286661485 (turn 18 & 21, zorua used memento, zoroark was revealed)

My guess is that the client will look for the first revealed illusion mon in your team, and then if it doesnt find any, it will just default to the first unfainted mon that exists.

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Interesting bug; apparently when searching the teambuilder by stats in older gens, the builder will actually use the given Pokemon's stats as of their most recent game, rather than the gen of that specific game.
DPP Speed.
Pidgeot's Speed Stat was upped to 101 as of Gen 6
1614736356639.png

BW Attack.
Nidoking's Attack was upped to 102 as of Gen 6, and Dugtrio's Attack was upped to 100 as of Gen 7
1614736562012.png

ORAS Defense.
Aegislash's Defense was dropped to 140 as of Gen 8
1614736769742.png
Doesn't really break PS or anything, just seemed like an interesting little error.

Pretty sure this is a bug, or at least something I thought belonged here, but when you are playing ADV and have physical moves that are not physical in that gen (example being crunch), it will recommend +attack instead of +special attack.
Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 20.22.39.png

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1293666408-jkhz4atu9lbega1w5ntzrv8myk595ytpw

Klefki's Play Rough immune to a Dark type due to Prankster? Reported in the Help room by user Broco. Help auth speculated it was because Klefki likely used a Prankster boosted move, but was outsped by Liepard and thus Play Rough got the +1 priority applied to it as it was Encored in to it.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you described the behavior correctly; the Pokemon was Encored when it had selected the status move, and thus was Prankster-boosted. This is what happens on cart. (DaWoblefet)

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Very situational, but when building teams in balanced hackmons, I came upon this pop-up that made my team invalid: - Blacephalon must have at least three perfect IVs because it's a legendary in gen 6 or later.

This limitation should not apply according to BH rules since regular EV/IV limitations do not apply and the concept of legendary is futile in the tier. I have not validated if it applies in previous gen metas but it should be tested too.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Hello! I am not sure if I am missing anything here, but snow clock does not seem to work. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1294604096. Here is a replay of me using hail with Swinub for the entirety of the game, but it does not once raise my evasiveness like snow cloak claims. All of the Swinub have snow cloak and the enemy does not and cannot have mold breaker. I could not find any reason why this setup should not work unless I am misunderstanding how snow cloak is supposed to work.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Snow Cloak does not guarantee that the move will miss; it simply makes the move's accuracy 80% of what it would otherwise be. You can see the code snippet relevant to this. You simply didn't get lucky! (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)