Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a pokemon gets badly poisoned, showdown seems to register bad poisoning as a status. In SWSH, badly poisoned is just normal poison with a side effect making it worse, and the side effect can be removed by switching out, like a disabled ability, stat boosts, etc. Showdown does not revert bad poisoning to normal poison, but only resets how much damage the pokemon will take.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Toxic does not revert to regular Poison in Sword and Shield or on Showdown. It actually does have this behavior in Gen 1, which is accurately simulated (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
When dawn wings necrozma (Maybe Dusk mane too, haven't tried) uses protect while using ultra burst, it says (name of pokemon) will use protect at slot ultra. Is this intended? (Edit: I added a screenshot to help give you more info, because a battle replay won't show it. It also happens with dusk mane necrozma. Hope this helps!)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

Pokémon in BDSP PU appear illegal in the teambuilder, even if they can be used in the selected format.
proof1.png
proof2.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

Special mythical pokemon and Shiny event pokemon that are normally shiny locked can be nicknamed in a showdown when normally they cant be named. It doesn't appear in the nonbug list and other minuscule details regarding shiny moves EX: if you want to use Splash on rayquaza you have to have it be shiny. So is this a bug or intentional?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, we don't enforce nickname restrictions on Pokemon Showdown, typically because of the cost of enforcement (it is possible, for example, to get an identical TID/SID in some generations and nickname events, there are certain restrictions on nickname characters and limits, etc.) and because of the low competitive impact (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1547486177-in6gmbm28h1hgxj0nz5emg9n6csluc0pw
I was testing out Wishiwashi's schooling mechanics with Beat Up to see if the damage changes when Wishiwashi steps onto the battlefield and then switch outs.
I tested this mechanic on PS! and it does the same damage no matter what happens.
Does this mechanic work the same as the cartridge by any chance?

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, The base Attack stat Beat Up uses when it determines the base power of each hit is that of the forme the Pokemon entered battle with (see associated research) (DaWoblefet)

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
When using /challenge genXou @@@ Allow Tradeback, +future to allow moves/items/Pokémon like Taunt in Gen 1 or 2, or Scald in Generations before 5, works completely fine for everything, except moves in GSC. The issue is only on moves, and only in GSC, as Eviolite GSC or Scald DPP work just fine, for example.
1649316603875.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, Allow Tradeback is supposed to do this (DaWoblefet)

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
there's are 2 ho ho!
1649361762454.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER I can reproduce this in lots of different formats (DaWoblefet)

In this Random Battle Mayhem battle, my Machamp dropped to 0 HP on turn 9 due to Croagunk's Gunk Shot. However, the Machamp still took its turn at 0 HP, then died to its burn. Unfortunately I cannot screenshot it as viewing specific HP amounts is disabled in replays, but I am hoping that Smogon staff can still view the exact HP or duplicate the scenario. Thank you!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattlemayhem-1548388854

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, you were not in fact at 0 HP, but at 1 HP. You may be misremembering; I can verify it survived on 1 HP (DaWoblefet)

1649444895607.png
1649444901233.png

something happened to dragapult's sprite, not sure if intentional. same with corviknight, possibly more. old on the right side.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, several of the Gen 8 Pokemon got new sprites (DaWoblefet)

Been having this visual bug with player sprites, but only on the left side, and only while spectating games. Things are fine when my sprite is in this position while playing.

Edit: The same thing happens in replays too now

spritebug1.png

spritebug2.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like your operating system, browser, and preferably a way of reproducing it (DaWoblefet)

Waves edit: Windows 10, Firefox. While there isn't any specific way of reproducing it afaik, it does happen quite frequently. This is especially true for stours.

Attachments

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Currently, in every metagame since Gen4, it is legal to give to a Pokémon a Cherish Ball. However, and to my knowledge the Cherish Ball has been not released as a Bag Item in main Pokémon games, and is thus illegal without hacking.

I believe this is a bug? (Similarly, in BDSP metagmes it is legal to give a Beast Ball, despite the ball not being coded afaik.)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Attachments

Currently the validator says Freeze-Dry and Rock Polish are illegal on Amaura, but /learn says this combination is legal (Rock Polish is a gen 7 TM and Freeze-Dry is a gen 8 level up move)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I'm assuming you are trying to validate this in LC. The only way Amaura can have Freeze-Dry at level 5 is if it was bred in Gen 8 by parents that already know Freeze-Dry, which would make it unable to have any moves that are only TMs in Gen 7 (Karthik)

When challenging to a gen 1 custom game, various abilities are illegal on some pokemon and not others. For example, if you attempt to bring Solar Power Mega Aero, it will be denied but if you bring Solar Power Charizard it will work fine. Bring an Iron Fist Melmetal, rejected, Iron Fist Blissey, it works fine. Guess it denies certain abilities on unevolved mons?
1650007979886.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, we don't guarantee the behavior or legality of future-gen mechanics in a past-gen metagame (DaWoblefet)

Reactions: TGA
i just made a forums account so idk how this works but heres my report:

in gen 5 ou, it says that whimsicott cannot have encore and switcheroo, which is wrong, by breeding first a male cacturn with switcheroo and a female whimsicott, you can get a female cottonee with switcheroo, then you can breed this female cottonee that knows switcheroo with a male togetic that knows encore to get a cottonee with encore and switcheroo, then you can train it to have a whimsicott that knows both encore and switcheroo, i did this in my pokemon white 2 save file so i was confused why it didnt work here when it should

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, female Pokemon don't pass down egg moves in Generation V. The only possible father for Switcheroo is the Cacnea line, which cannot itself have Encore; Encore is an event move on Cacnea, it's not an egg move. But Switcheroo is Egg move only on Cacnea, so Cacnea can't have both, which means Whimsicott also can't have both (DaWoblefet)

I was able to log into my account with an incorrect username
Username JustNoPokemon
Incorrect username that worked JustNoPokemon#
(the # was a typo that worked)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Partman's comment below (DaWoblefet)

In Gen 2, Smeargle cannot learn Explosion/Selfdestruct, but they show up in the list of learnable moves. Validation states that these moves are unlearnable(as they are in Gen 2), and thus they should not appear in the move list.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Darmanitan-Zen is listed as illegal in the (Gen 8) Balanced Hackmons teambuilder, however the validation allows you to run it.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 43)