Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken RBY Ditto.

The label appears, but the opponent's stat changes are not copied.

Screenshot_20220421-215744_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220421-215652_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, in this case, a replay (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
If a pokemon uses metronome, gets hyperbeam, and kills the opponent with it they will still have to recharge next turn.

I'm just assuming this is a bug, I don't know anything about how the original games play.

Happens on turn 40: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-1559409477

Thank you

:bow:

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH I'd want to see cart footage of the actual behavior (DaWoblefet)

If Zamazenta has behemoth bash and iron head the team it’s in can’t be validated (screenshot is teambuilder for national dex AG)
F2EC9E8E-0A56-460F-9030-8CAC96968EB3.jpeg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG When Zamazenta holds the Rusted Shield, it becomes Crowned form and Iron head is changed into Behemoth Bash. You can never have a Zamazenta-Crowned with Iron Head in-game as a result. (DaWoblefet)

Despite Eternatus being labeled as usable under VGC 2021 rules, and I have made a replica of Wolfe Glick's team for that format from his challenge video, teambuilder is rejecting Eternatus under Flat Rules.
Screenshot (2) Edited.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, VGC 2021 is supposed to be Series 7/9 which didn't allow restricteds (Karthik)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1561083991

Turn 2: Golisopod is knocked down to 50% by damage from Leech Seed on Liquid Ooze Swalot. Emergency Exit activates.

Turn 4: Golisopod is switched in at 50%. It is healed by Wish to 100%, which should let Emergency Exit activate again. Then, Golisopod is knocked down to 50% by damage from Leech Seed on Liquid Ooze Swalot. This time, Emergency Exit does NOT activate.

Looking into the mechanics of all the abilities and moves didn't shed any light on the situation.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), thanks for the detailed replay! (DaWoblefet)

Pichu-Spikyeared's back sprite seems to be missing (the front sprite is fine).

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 21-48-37 Gen 8 Hackmons Cup replay Elecktro16 vs. CringeMeta - Pokémo...png

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8hackmonscup-1561678963
Front sprite link (OK): https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/gen5/pichu-spikyeared.png
Back sprite link (Broken): https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/gen5-back/pichu-spikyeared.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

(Posting here because the "PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread" says specifically not to report 2D sprites there.)

In addition (this might be a known issue rather than a bug, and is very minor), I noticed that CAP LC (not CAP FE) and Pokemon Legends Arceus species don't have April Fools mode sprites, but the client seems to try to reference sprites for them as if they existed.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Roulettemons refuses to allow added rulesets in roomtours, but not in friendly battles; instead, the outcome is "Custom rule error: Cannot read property 'includeData' of undefined". Selected rulesets are Camomons Mod, Inverse Mod, Shared Power, and Scalemons Mod. Shared Power does not come up as a rule in the friendly battle, but it is not the cause of the issue.
1651322726408.png

1651323266630.png
1651322849709.png

EDIT: Screenshots are all with custom styles, but I had this happen on mobile without any styles enabled, which led me to create this bug report in the first place.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, when janking together several custom rulesets, we don't provide any guarantee of their behavior or workability (DaWoblefet)

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
A couple of minor issues with the /math command.

Examples:
/math 8002920522199374601 to hex
Code:
= 0x6F1015D04B609C00 = 8002920522199375000
1651399705516.png

Seems if you keep asking it to interpret larger numbers, it'll still give you something but not what you want.
Code:
= 0x6502D4B323DE98000000000000 = 8.002920522199375e+30
If it's not worth handling numbers that large, it maybe could use some error handling or notify that the number is too big?

-------

I believe it's also confusing something with binary numbers.
/math 0x3b isn't understood, but /math 0x3B is, and /math 0x3c is also fine.

1651399861050.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) as discussed later, this is due to floating-point imprecision (DaWoblefet)

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Screenshot_20220501-162042_Opera.jpg
Could whitelist -> deauth be treated as a modlog demote instead of a broadcast promo? Been meaning to ask for this for a while, thanks.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Hi! I'm the creator of the RBY LC thread on the Generation 1 subforum.

Clefairy is listed as NFE both on-site and in the Teambuilder, but the RBY LC rules were recently changed (also reflected on-site) to allow Clefairy in the tier.

No idea if this goes in the Smogon dex thread or somewhere else but hopefully this is resolved :) Thanks!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

A couple of minor issues with the /math command.

Seems if you keep asking it to interpret larger numbers, it'll still give you something but not what you want.

I believe it's also confusing something with binary numbers.
/math uses floating-point arithmetic which only has approximately 16 digits of precision.

Also, it doesn't use base prefixes, it uses base suffixes - h for hex, o for octal and b for binary, so use 3bh etc.

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
/math uses floating-point arithmetic which only has approximately 16 digits of precision.

Also, it doesn't use base prefixes, it uses base suffixes - h for hex, o for octal and b for binary, so use 3bh etc.
If it's intended that it will be inaccurate with large numbers, then the documentation should be updated to say that it is not accurate.
If it's not worth handling numbers that large, it maybe could use some error handling or notify that the number is too big?
If you're supposed to use base suffixes, why does the command accept 0x, 0b, etc as prefixes? It's misleading to allow this behavior and then tell people they're doing it wrong.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1565958507
Here's a bug that some of us metronome battles players have discovered. You can see on turn 8, my opponents Necturna uses Healing Wish, which fails since there is no Pokemon to switch into. However, the Necturna still dies from it. In the past when you roll a move like Healing Wish or Lunar Dance the move will fail and the Pokemon will live.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Me and fellow staff member were trying to clear some inap messages from an user in Tours Room. But right when we tried, the user left the room (didn't went off, just left the room).

[15:37:14] MudkipNerd#0250: seminal fluids?
[15:38:43] MudkipNerd#0250: tis i,
[15:38:51] 1 of MudkipNerd#0250's messages were cleared from Tournaments by shadowmaster67 89. (inap) (Hide 1 line from mudkipnerd0250)

The line cleared here was the most recent one.

[15:39:52] MudkipNerd#0250's messages were cleared from Tournaments by shadowmaster67 89. (inap)
[15:43:41] MudkipNerd#0250's messages were cleared from Tournaments by StreetBoom. (inap)

Tried a few more times and it kept saying this ^, not clearing the message at all.

I think it was a bug, but not sure ofc since that's why I'm bringing it up here.

Thank you for the time reviewing this.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I can't reproduce this with /hidetext which is I assume what you were using (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)