Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying out Gen 9 Doubles OU on Showdown, and I ran into an issue. It told me:

[Invalid choice] Can't move: You sent more choices than unfainted Pokémon.
☆SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD: What does that mean?
SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD has 30 seconds left.
☆SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD: It says I sent more choices than unfainted Pokémon?
[Invalid choice] There's nothing to cancel
SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD has 20 seconds left.
☆1 L1k3 P45t4: idk
[Invalid choice] Can't move: You sent more choices than unfainted Pokémon.
SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD has 15 seconds left.
☆SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD: Well ggi guess
SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD has 10 seconds left.
☆1 L1k3 P45t4: gg
☆SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD: I'm about to time out
SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD has 5 seconds left.

SCOLIPEDERULEZDOOD lost due to inactivity.

What happened, and how do I stop it happening again? I had two active Pokémon, the opponent had two active Pokémon, and I chose two single-target moves, one directed at each target. Is this a glitch, or am I confused about how some new Gen 9 mechanic works?

***New info, it looks like it's only a problem with Tatsugiri and Dodonzo. Is the Commander ability bugged?

BUG STATUS: FIXED by HoeenHero

Last edited by a moderator:

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1714572411
Hello, I'd like to report a bug; here Roaring Moon seemed to have lost the STAB on Outrage while he Terastalized into a Dark-type, when he shouldn't have (as far as I know)

Damage calcs on Abomasnow:
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Salamence (Roaring Moon) Crunch vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Abomasnow through Reflect: 198-234 (51.5 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (which is what Tera Blast did, 52%)
+2 252 Atk Salamence (Roaring Moon) Outrage vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Abomasnow through Reflect: 222-262 (57.8 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (STAB)
+2 252 Atk Salamence (Roaring Moon) Outrage vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Abomasnow through Reflect: 148-175 (38.5 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (stabless, which is what it did, 40%)

Damage calcs on Iron Bundle:
+2 252 Atk Salamence (Roaring Moon) Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Delibird (Iron Bundle): 367-433 (145 - 171.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (with STAB)
+2 252 Atk Salamence (Roaring Moon) Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Delibird (Iron Bundle): 245-289 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (STABless, which is what it did - 98%)

BUG STATUS: FIXED

A (believed) bugged interaction I found with Cyclizar:
Cyclizar's signature move Shed Tail, normally removes 50% of his max hp, places a substitute, and switches position with another member of the party. However, if Cyclizar is the last Pokemon on your team, Shed Tail instead places a substitute, gets the "But it failed!" text, and loses no health, essentially a free substitute.
This interaction happened near the end of a game I was playing, check turn 22:
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9ou-1714613376-ax5mw9sgcjmnxkh6ay3xnermwa9ouispw
From this example, it may seem like the bug is merely a visual glitch, and that the substitute is not really there, because Torch Song hits through substitute. I then tested this in another game afterwards and found the same effect. It doesn't matter how much health Cyclizar has, as long as he is above 50% hp, he can use Shed Tail to get a substitute for free: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1714624484-q52rwqp79ivxtr8zi7d67xgdv8hiv2mpw
While this isn't a massive interaction or an incredibly impactful one, I could see a niche situation arising where a combination of max speed Cyclizar with Shed Tail/Protect with toxic spikes up is able to out stall an opponent who otherwise would have won the game.
I would take the time to check if this interaction works the same in Scarlet/Violet, but I do not own a copy of the games yet and cannot afford a copy of them for the foreseeable future, so I will leave this to staff.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

In doubles, if Tatsugiri (Commander) is on the left side of the player with Dondozo on the right, the client makes you choose moves from both pokemon even though only Dondozo should be able to move.
It will try reading the move chosen for Tatsugiri as the move Dondozo will have to perform, but if the move positioned in the same slot for the other pokémon has a different targeting system the client will just read it as the player not choosing anything.
Also Order Up just straight up didn't work this same fight.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1714739527

I don't even think this can be seen here as I just had to forfeit since I couldn't move.

1668816270795.png

Terastalizing is bugged in a different way now. I lost STAB when terastalizing. Might have something to do with me terastalizing to my other STAB.

I don't want to ruin this mon's viability but...

cetoddle.png

Cetoddle on Showdown currently has Slush Rush as its ability, which it doesn't get, it has Snow Cloak in place of that according to Bulbapedia, Serebii, and most importantly, the datamine itself
cetoddle 2.png

Cetitan does have Slush Rush, but not its prevo

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

1668836249240.png
1668836407564.png

The Butterfree line and the Nidoran lines are not in Scarlet/Violet, yet they show up as "OU" in Gen 9 OU formats. Other unavailable pokemon are correctly listed as "Illegal" or "Unreleased".

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Doubles related rooms (Smogon Doubles and VGC) appear to have missed whatever config sweep that set the room's /dt to gen 9:
dou.png

dou2.png

Switching room settings to singles tiers or back does not fix it. A subroomgroupchat, a private room with doubles tiers, or a doubles battle room do not have this issue.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

When ever my page reloads on browser all my gen 9 teams get deleted only the gen 9 teams also only have gen 9 pokemon if that helps
this is the team i was using
Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Order Up

Tatsugiri-Stretchy @ Bright Powder
Ability: Commander
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Protect

Tinkaton @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Gigaton Hammer
- Metronome
- Protect

Kingambit @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Cyclizar @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Shed Tail
- Shift Gear
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner

Ceruledge @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
Edit: Its fixed?

BUG STATUS: FIXED (not sure if this was just on the user's end)

MAMP

MAMP!
Darmanitan-Zen, Darmanitan-Galar-Zen, Aegislash-Blade, and Morpeko-Hangry are all legal in Gen 9 Balanced Hackmons, but they shouldn’t be because they don’t exist this gen.

Reactions: R8

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
Finally able to post in this thread ^_^ https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1715648906 it appears that when i terastalized into fighting, it failed to register since i was unable to act and i was still immune to a fighting type move as per my original typing. I'm wondering if this is actually intentional or a bug, thank you in advance!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1715642116
Instance of Toxic Debris, the ability associated with the newest Rock/Poison pokemon Glimmora, is not always activating. In another battle, it failed to activate because the ability bearer had fainted.
To be clear, I sent them here to report this, but they didn't report the correct thing.
The actual bug is the description: When this Pokemon is hit by an attack, Toxic Spikes are set around the attacker.
When it should be: When this pokemon is hit by a physical attack, Toxic Spikes are set around the attacker.
This is what made this confusion happen.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Glazelf

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello,
In doubles, if Tatsugiri (Commander) is on the left side of the player with Dondozo on the right, the client makes you choose moves from both pokemon even though only Dondozo should be able to move.
It will try reading the move chosen for Tatsugiri as the move Dondozo will have to perform, but if the move positioned in the same slot for the other pokémon has a different targeting system the client will just read it as the player not choosing anything.
Also Order Up just straight up didn't work this same fight.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1714739527

I don't even think this can be seen here as I just had to forfeit since I couldn't move.
I had this same issue. As a temp fix I refreshed the page and it fixed it.
My replay if needed:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1715687954-k773lqqizccrbc3jx1i36wfr40mtho0pw

I had a screen of the error but it got replaced in my clipboard when I copied the replay unfortunately.
Bumping this post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)