Bummer's Art Shack

I just went and saw all of your Rare Candy Treatment strips, so good! To bad you stopped making them, but that Clefable one is going to keep me happy for a long time.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Okay, now where do I begin with my fangirling over how astoundingly beautiful your art style is? Would a squee do fine?

I have been following your comic from mid 2011 up until its end, lurked around your dA to quietly enjoy your pieces, and just now decided to post so I can express my gratitude at how your artistic ability got me to slowly dip back into doing art again myself. The best thing to me is how you can draw things very realistic and detailed yet often portray them in a very humoring manner. Maybe it's because I am a fan of strange juxtapositions, but that felt like your charming point.

That, and being an excellent artist.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have been following your comic from mid 2011 up until its end, lurked around your dA to quietly enjoy your pieces, and just now decided to post so I can express my gratitude at how your artistic ability got me to slowly dip back into doing art again myself. The best thing to me is how you can draw things very realistic and detailed yet often portray them in a very humoring manner. Maybe it's because I am a fan of strange juxtapositions, but that felt like your charming point.
aww shucks, thanks for the kind words! Will need to check your thread later and return the compliment, returnin to art seems to have been a good choice.

also, I technically own a personal tumblr now: http://bummersault.tumblr.com/

added nastyjungle and brightobject to my feed, but any other smogoner is free to hook me up

aww shucks, thanks for the kind words! Will need to check your thread later and return the compliment, returnin to art seems to have been a good choice.

also, I technically own a personal tumblr now: http://bummersault.tumblr.com/

added nastyjungle and brightobject to my feed, but any other smogoner is free to hook me up
I'm going to follow your tumblr right now. I love this dark humor or aura I'm sensing from your Pokemon artwork. It fits the style quite well. I also like how in some of your work you don't give a border or space limit. Which gives you ultimate freedom and potentially new ideas of expanding on them in the future.

That Ghost-Fairy with the pink bow and the Swablu with its ribbon-y head feathers are just bursting with cuteness. I want to give them a hug.

Scrolled through the tumblr page and had a chuckle at the room owner artist statement. I find busy chatrooms to be maddening as well.

I love the personalities you gave the RGB Alakazam and Rhydon. Not much to say there

As for the Huntail and Chimecho, the perspective with the Chimecho apears to be too big. The Huntail appears to look fine, though. I wonder what they would look like if you adjusted the Chimecho and touched up on it (even though you already published it to the Smog)?

EV

Banned deucer.

will prob'ly name them later, suggestions welcome. Will probably make it grass/fighting or /poison, with skill link and an ability that adds priority to multi hit moves.
unfixable is a cactus lover and might have some ideas

Now, let's see. Grass and Grass/Fighting seem appropriate for their typing. I don't see any Poison elements, and from what I understand cactus generally aren't poisonous (at least I've never gotten that impression from them.) They are nice and shadowy, but we already have Grass/Dark cacti :(

Cactot is too cutesy for the first one and a little too easy anyway. To reflect on the bandit/outlaw/western theme, names like Bandactus (bandit + cactus), Hombrero (hombre + sombrero), Cactuero (cactus + vaquero), and Gauncho (gaucho + poncho) may work.

Gunslinger sounds like a cool name for the multi-hit priority ability. Go-go STAB Bullet Seed and Arm Thrust! Awesome art as always :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Speedy thing that serves to scout or revenge kill stuff, so Infiltrator / Swarm / Sniper are looking like good abilities that also fits with the mosquito/super soaker design. From the top of my head, 70/85/60/110/50/125 stats seems okay, as it's never meant to switch into hits and instead hit hard and fast with Bug Buzz/Hydro Pump or scout with a reasonably powerful U-turn. Water and Bug provides surprisingly good neutral coverage, but Giga Drain can be thrown in as coverage, and stuff like Memento, Taunt and Endeavour thrown in along with the usual Toxic and Substitute. Don't think I need to explain what its name is based of.

Might make a pre-evo for this thingy later, but I was more interested in its final stage anyway. Based on beetles that feed upon dead animals, and of course the grim reaper, name based on Necro+Arthropod. Current design is leaning towards the role of a physical tank, so something like 95/105/125/70/70/35 coupled with Intimidate/Aftermath/Shed Skin would be neat. Glare, Wisp and Moonlight as standard tools against attackers; Shadow Claw/Sneak, X-scissor, and Bone Rush as physical attacks; with Swords Dance, Trick Room, Destiny Bond and Fake Out thrown into the mix. Always wanted another Bug/Ghost that isn't completely vulnerable, so I hope you like it. Got comments of its recemblance to Duskull, and while it does indeed have a Skull and a hood, I felt that Duskull doesn't really play the role of a reaper, not to mention that its higher stages go a different route in terms of design.

Lovely designs for these two Fakemon here, not to mention how fleshed out their competitive aspect is without minmaxing their stats to be super perfect at their role. Not to mention the idea of using beetles that feed on carcasses as a reaper is really cool. If I were to offer up any criticism I guess Necropod seems a little too small and goofy to be a final form reaper but that's just me

my, your drawings are so good! you use colors so well it's impressing!
and you're very good with expressions too!
definitely an inspiration :)

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Isn't Shiny MGarde's torso supposed to be black on the front, or was it left on purpose?

There is something cute and amusing about Baby Khan trying to play with Amoongus, mostly due to facial expressions. Fantastic as usual!

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
woah you stepped it up. legitimately did not recognize it was your work at first glance. the polish, color choices, and anatomy feel so much more developed. i seriously can't stop looking at that landorus/gardevoir pic. keep it up.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
still doing fakes smh

Remember my fake boars way back when? They're meant to be based on vikings, and since my first attempt did rather poorly on that note, it was time to revisit it. The idea that the "horns" on its helmet doesn't have to be actual horns was one step of the process, and Sunfished and other regulars in the art room gave also honest advice about how its mud-coated legs made for a bad look, so I fashioned them into hardened clay armor that shares the helmet's color. I have an idea for its mega as well, so I'll have to work on that and the middle stage later.

Speaking of quadrupeds...

My Poison/Rock CAP design, and its mega. Got all the way to fourth place, so I just barely missed entering the final poll. Ah well, at least I can give it my own stats and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)