Metagame Camomons

Why is this even a ladder? There's no one to play against - finding an opponent takes forever, and more often than not there are 0 Camomons games going on at any given time (I have yet to see more than 2 at a time).
Try *Abyssal Bot if you want, or tell a friend and arrange a time. Every once in a while, you can play a random person if you want. Time Zones are big with OMs, so you may want to try playing at a different time.

Well apparently my garbage-as-fuck 3 minute teambuilding process actually does WORK (Esteemed Other Meta moderator Ransei would confirm), and apparently this team right here did really well for some reason. I guess I'll drop it here after... Iunno, some many months after my first two teams dropped for this meta. It's the best update from my original Mawile-Mega team, since I took the entire team then started revising bits and other bits until this form came (then Ransei deleted Kyurem Black woo)

best mon (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Some might argue that Ghost/Fighting is a better coverage here, but Fighting/Ice is the best coverage for hitting Super-Effectively onto Pokemon, hence why it's run here. You don't even need to click Swords Dance a lot of the time, since he works best at cleaning late-game. He'll start taking out mons around 60-70% and if you have taken out their scarfer. Shadow Sneak can deal with enemy priority and scarfers.

Stunfisk (Buzzwole) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

THIS IS THE BEST MON IN EXISTENCE.
You will never see such higher P E A K P E R F O R M A N C E than this piece of shit absolute AMAZEMENT of a Pokemon. Electric/Ground is a terrible fantastic type meant to confuse the fuck out of your opponents, making them laugh so hard that they forget to move and win you the match by forfeit. And, by the offchance they somehow aren't laughing, the heartless bastard, your Assault Vest will send them into cardiac arrest as they realize that their STAB Ice Beam with their Starmie isn't going to save them, and you send their HP down into the Shadow Realm along with their hopes and dreams.

holy fuck that was dumb

Basically, I memed with this one. I love doing stupid shit, and this is my 'stupid' thing for the team. And by damn if Buzzwole with this typing isn't one of the most fun things in the world. Using the most beefed up Stunfisk in existence has its perks, such as being able to claim that 'I am the innovator for Electric/Ground Buzzwole' and 'I just somehow tanked a Latias's +1 Draco Meteor'.

DD2Win (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Name says it all, all he needs to do is click Dragon Dance and he can win. Glare is there as a filler slot that I like, meant to cripple things if you know Zygarde can't take out any remaining Pokemon, especially useful on types meant to beat Ground/Normal like Grass/Ghost. Or most Ghost types in general. Not much to say here, since it's a standard build.

Chaz (Magearna) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Just me typing this has probably given Chazm a boner.

Ignoring that previous sentence, Magearna is fantastic. Fighting/Ghost is perfect coverage bar Normal/Ghost (which most mons run when they ruin their coverage by forcing themselves into using a typing meant to counterplay one specific coverage typing yada yada stop using normal/ghost kids), complimented by Ice Beam for the Ground types and Shift Gear to boost speed into something Plankton's Maximum Overdrive would envy. You do miss out a bit without fairy coverage, but you also could trade out Shadow Ball for Fleur Cannon, since Fighting/Fairy is still good coverage, while you also could swap Ice Beam for Fleur and put that over Shadow Ball for a STAB slot.

Mixtape (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Fatcarona is something I advocate in every metagame, since having a Volcarona capable of burning targets with high Attack combined with being better physically defensively while it boosts Special Defense sounds fantastic. Fire/Grass also is a very good typing that is marginally better than Fire/Bug, less common weaknesses, no 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, and STAB Giga Drain while keeping that huge damage on Fire attacks. EVs are pretty normal for a Fatcarona, and Flamethrower/Giga Drain is for those STABs and nice typing.

Ransei's Mon (Thundurus) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Honestly this set isn't even mine, Ransei swapped out Kyurem-Black (thanks SW again :]]]]]), then I edited it a bit further, and I don't even need to really test it to know it's effectiveness: Having used Electric/Fighting Thundy in the past, he's great at clicking that Super-Effective button and then getting the fuck outta there once things start going south for him. Flash Cannon hits the Fairies that will plague him since he can't just click Superpower on them. Choice Scarf ensures that he outspeeds as much as possible, like +1 Charizard-X and slower Scarfs.

And here's the raw paste for all of you people who want to get in on that Electric/Ground Buzzwole action.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Ignoring that previous sentence, Magearna is fantastic. Fighting/Ghost is perfect coverage bar Normal/Ghost (which most mons run when they ruin their coverage by forcing themselves into using a typing meant to counterplay one specific coverage typing yada yada stop using normal/ghost kids), complimented by Ice Beam for the Ground types and Shift Gear to boost speed into something Plankton's Maximum Overdrive would envy. You do miss out a bit without fairy coverage, but you also could trade out Shadow Ball for Fleur Cannon, since Fighting/Fairy is still good coverage, while you also could swap Ice Beam for Fleur and put that over Shadow Ball for a STAB slot.
Of course you'd make that joke. Regardless, I'll probably drop one of my teams here too:

This team is a generic bulky offense that I've honed during the January months of the ladder, and so far this team has been brilliant. Victini is a surprisingly good Pokemon in this metagame, and I'm surprised to see just how strongly it hits with only 100 base attack.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

The original mon this team was built around. V-create absolutely demolishes most walls, even the likes of Cresselia are 2HKO'd. Bolt Strike also hits surprisingly hard, and the typing given here actually provides a brilliant combo, as it can check the majority of Porygon-Z running around (pretty much all are Elec/Ice). The only real problem this Pokemon has is with Dragon-types, which I have Trick to cripple or U-turn to pivot out of. Water/Grounds like Gyarados-Mega are also problematic, which brings me on to my next Pokemon...

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Koko synergizes brilliantly with Victini, keeping the Dragons that threaten it at bay and forming a VoltTurn core at the same time. It even has Grass Knot for other Ground-types like Haxorus, Gyarados-Mega, and Zygarde, Pokemon that would otherwise happily switch into Koko and force it out. Other than that, set is pretty much standard OU material.

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

I really find Toxapex to be brilliant in this metagame, even using its original typing. The amount of Pokemon it can pivot into and set TSpikes, especially in a Magic Bounce lacking metagame is astounding, and this is why it is my only special wall on the team. Despite never seeing a single Ash-Gren in Camo so far, Toxapex is one of the few pivots which can actually deal with it reliably.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Jirachi was chosen over Magearna due to the need for a dedicated MMawile check, and the fact that I can compile both Stealth Rock and Healing Wish on BO is brilliant, especially in tough matchups. One Pokemon in particular really annoys this team, and that is Volcanion - having Healing Wish alongside Zygarde + Mew is good enough, in my opinion.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

I find Grass/Water Mew to be incredibly splashable due to its ability to check the majority of Ground-types in the metagame, and because of that, it is also one of the most reliable Defoggers in the metagame. This especially helps Victini considering it is my only real source of stallbreaking power.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Facade
- Stone Edge

And last off, probably my Magearna of this metagame - Zygarde. Its CB set is just so good for revenge killing, because it forces out so much already because of its extremely good coverage. Facade was chosen over Toxic incase Zygarde gets poisoned from reflected TSpikes - this helps to punish Magic Bouncers which might prove problematic for the hazard stacking nature of this team.

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Toxapex @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Facade
- Stone Edge

Well apparently my garbage-as-fuck 3 minute teambuilding process actually does WORK (Esteemed Other Meta moderator Ransei would confirm), and apparently this team right here did really well for some reason. I guess I'll drop it here after... Iunno, some many months after my first two teams dropped for this meta. It's the best update from my original Mawile-Mega team, since I took the entire team then started revising bits and other bits until this form came (then Ransei deleted Kyurem Black woo)

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Some might argue that Ghost/Fighting is a better coverage here, but Fighting/Ice is the best coverage for hitting Super-Effectively onto Pokemon, hence why it's run here. You don't even need to click Swords Dance a lot of the time, since he works best at cleaning late-game. He'll start taking out mons around 60-70% and if you have taken out their scarfer. Shadow Sneak can deal with enemy priority and scarfers.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

THIS IS THE BEST MON IN EXISTENCE.
You will never see such higher P E A K P E R F O R M A N C E than this piece of shit absolute AMAZEMENT of a Pokemon. Electric/Ground is a terrible fantastic type meant to confuse the fuck out of your opponents, making them laugh so hard that they forget to move and win you the match by forfeit. And, by the offchance they somehow aren't laughing, the heartless bastard, your Assault Vest will send them into cardiac arrest as they realize that their STAB Ice Beam with their Starmie isn't going to save them, and you send their HP down into the Shadow Realm along with their hopes and dreams.

holy fuck that was dumb

Basically, I memed with this one. I love doing stupid shit, and this is my 'stupid' thing for the team. And by damn if Buzzwole with this typing isn't one of the most fun things in the world. Using the most beefed up Stunfisk in existence has its perks, such as being able to claim that 'I am the innovator for Electric/Ground Buzzwole' and 'I just somehow tanked a Latias's +1 Draco Meteor'.

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Name says it all, all he needs to do is click Dragon Dance and he can win. Glare is there as a filler slot that I like, meant to cripple things if you know Zygarde can't take out any remaining Pokemon, especially useful on types meant to beat Ground/Normal like Grass/Ghost. Or most Ghost types in general. Not much to say here, since it's a standard build.

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Fatcarona is something I advocate in every metagame, since having a Volcarona capable of burning targets with high Attack combined with being better physically defensively while it boosts Special Defense sounds fantastic. Fire/Grass also is a very good typing that is marginally better than Fire/Bug, less common weaknesses, no 4x weakness to Stealth Rock, and STAB Giga Drain while keeping that huge damage on Fire attacks. EVs are pretty normal for a Fatcarona, and Flamethrower/Giga Drain is for those STABs and nice typing.

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Honestly this set isn't even mine, Ransei swapped out Kyurem-Black (thanks SW again :]]]]]), then I edited it a bit further, and I don't even need to really test it to know it's effectiveness: Having used Electric/Fighting Thundy in the past, he's great at clicking that Super-Effective button and then getting the fuck outta there once things start going south for him. Flash Cannon hits the Fairies that will plague him since he can't just click Superpower on them. Choice Scarf ensures that he outspeeds as much as possible, like +1 Charizard-X and slower Scarfs.

And here's the raw paste for all of you people who want to get in on that Electric/Ground Buzzwole action.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch

Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Glare

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam

Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
I suggest toxic>glare for zygarde to get pass those bulky grass/ghost trying to stop you from running rampant(bar celebi,that mon is perfect zygarde counter.)and I should say that normal/ghost lucario is actually pretty good(also noivern and zardx to some extent.Others are shit).I doubted if flash cannon help you get pass fairies.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
It's so nice to see Camo getting some love finally, stemming from the fact that removal of Kyu-B and Kartana has enabled balanced teams to rise leading to decently balanced meta. Since I have been a big proponent of Camo here's me dropping a team which has been pretty good for me( Don't sleep on medicham guys)

1520176413308.png
1520176443125.png
1520176459730.png
1520176542841.png
1520176558649.png
1520176570125.png

MegaMedi Balance :
http://pokepast.es/542dfc6c8984ac61

Description :
  • Starting with medicham, it's probably as good a wallbreaker as they come, with a decent fighting/electric typing ( tho I think fighting/ice is equally viable, but I like having something to hit steel/ghosts). So the only thing different here is the PuP , which just allows it to clear off most defensive walls like after a round of toxic spikes damage, while you can opt for a coverage or toxic, but pup just gives that extra oomph.
  • Coming to the defensive core, we have Buzz(bug/steel), spdef toxapex(water/poison) which lays down toxic spikes and like always does what toxapex does and another mon which i have been using a ton is spdef volcanion which with its set of immunities can be actually really hard to take down. I decided to forgo rocks for this team because like laying them and then giving 6% back to the opponent was kind of counter productive.
  • Next up I wanted another breaker which improved my match-up against stall as well as whittled down randoms walls for medicham to finish. Also grassy terrain is super helpful for a team as without it, I'd be conderably ground weak.
  • At last vastly improving my match-up against offensive teams is choice scarf victini. Irrespective of it being Camo, Fire/Psychic is chosen typing for mons like lele or psychic spam in general.

Anyways, I'll be dropping a few more teams once I get to my other laptop.

I like camomons.There are still lots of team building potential in this meta.Gonna introduce a team with some interesting sets.

Dragonite and its happy fellows:
https://pokepast.es/eb8d0c83f2a4745f
Description;
Rock/dark lycanroc dusk:Suicide lead.Tbh its the least important member in my team.You can replace it with anything fast with sr and taunt.I choose lycanroc cause it have priority.Tough claws boosted stab sucker punch actually hurts.
Water ground Gyarados-Mega:Standard sub DD set.Standard but amazing.Unlike haxorus,Megados set up sub against many mons.It sweeps my foe many games.
Steel/dragon kommo-o:I find that this mon have a lot more opportunities to set up in this meta because there are few fairies.I run a full special set cause I don't want to reduce its above average bulk.Steel to discourage fairy switch ins.Flamethrower to hit steels.Taunt is just filler.Steel/dragon/fire is decent enough.Bulletproof make it immune to focus blast and shadow ball.Guess what mon that is.
Normal/fire dragonite:The star of this team,set up and revenge in one slot.Ppl know how scary zygarde is,so they use bulky grass to check those normal ground lizards.However,not many people prepare for this typing combination.Weakness policy is so good on this mon.I usually set up this thing against water and ground type(not megados and haxorus tho,moldy ignore multiscale).At +3 its nearly unstoppable.EQ to round up coverage.Another mon I usually sweep with.Burn immunity is nice.
Grass/ghost chandelure:Sub CM chandelure,but grass/ghost.This type combination with flash fire give it 4 resists and 3 immunities.Especially zygarde.The ev spread give it some bulk while speed creep timid magearna.I've baited so many fire moves with this mon and set up free subs.
Ice/electric Latios:my defogger and secondary revenge killer.If I see a suicide lead in my opponent side,lead with this mon and click trick,then defog.Stab Bolt beam give it enough coverage,and scarf ice beam is the most "broken" strategy ever.I seldom use this mon tho.
5/8
Edit:change stone edge to iron head and make lycanroc steel dark,to kill mega diancie lead(usually fairy ground).
Taunt is actually very useful on kommo-o.This thing doesn't really 2hko many walls after the set up,so taunt help it wallbreak greatly.With this typing and +1 defense on both side,not many walls can touch you.
Threat list:
1.normal/ground zygarde:It will be really tough to deal with if chandelure get pursuit trapped.
2.Fairies:They stop kommo o set up,and most of them in camomons are not weak to steel.No switch in to fairies in this team(you don't want to switch dnite to any attack).
3.Mega lopunny with its original typing:Click fake out,and sth dies next turn.Fake out mess up my team in general.
Hope you guys enjoy this meta.

Last edited:
sorry for the one liner but in "Deijin's Pyukumuku, Umbreon + Miltank Balance", mew doesn't have an item, idk if this is wrong or not , and i have not played the tier that much or if it's a filler.
Mew is running Acrobatics, which is probably why it doesn’t have an item

Passimian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 84 Atk / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Nifty way to utilize Passimian. I feel it's pretty much a more offensive and reliable Alola Muk allowing it to check the very common Fairy and Psychic mons in the tier, while also offering strong general offensive presence and U-Turn to keep momentum. Seems pretty strong against stall.

Edit: Just Realized that Defiant is unusable as it stands so RIP the dream.

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Passimian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 84 Atk / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Nifty way to utilize Passimian. I feel it's pretty much a more offensive and reliable Alola Muk allowing it to check the very common Fairy and Psychic mons in the tier, while also offering strong general offensive presence and U-Turn to keep momentum. Seems pretty strong against stall.

Ultimately, there are better pokemon that use this typing in conjunction with AV. Defiant + AV is a bit of a counter-intuitive synergy. Something like Tornadus-T with Regenerator would work better.

Jrdn

Hey guys, with Camomons Open wrapped up, I was hoping to post some potential sample teams to try and inspire some of you to play this meta more. It's tough to get in to, but it can be really fun to build for. My bro ItsKimbo won the open (woo) and I was there passing him teams, so at least you know the teams are successful.

1522771531954.png
- http://pokepast.es/2ef69cfbf1af48d0

A balance team with the dual regen core of Grass/Water Slowbro - which handles a lot of the prevalent ground attackers in the current meta, such as water/ground Haxorus, Zygarde, etc. - and Fairy/Steel Reuniclus. The Reuniclus idea formed from the common AAA set RegenVest Magearna, but with less attacking options. Water/Poison Mega-Latias rounds out the defensive core, adding a fighting resist, defogger, and amazing utility. This mon/set is incredible and if Camomons wasn't so fluid, I'd be comfortable calling it S Tier. Scarf Lando with rocks is just nice to have, another fighting resist, some speed, and strong momentum. Finally the breakers. DD Z-Outrage Dragon/Rock Tyranitar is an absolute menace. Incredible typing, insanely powerful, and fun as hell to use. Flame Orb Hera on the other hand doesn't need set up, and is tied with Reuniclus as my favourite set on the team. STAB Guts Facade is downright disgusting.

252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 225-265 (57.1 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 174-205 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO

Whew.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-720518995 Camomons Open vs Racool where my brother had amazing match up and Heracross just claimed lives, like it does

1522772454605.png - http://pokepast.es/0259f2d3e9c76846

Bulky Balance. Chansey is pretty gross in general, I hate to use it tbh, but the idea of the team is to live long enough for Mew to sweep. Psychic/Ground/Poison coverage is insanely hard to wall, only Poison/Dark Levitate Mons like Hydreigon or Cryagonal are living. It hits insanely hard, and with MewiniumZ, it can shatter both Stall builds and Revenge killers that rely on Espeed. Cresselia/Chansey/Mega-Latias make the core, with some nice bulk from Jirachi and Tyranitar. Healing wish support from Rachi is really nice for Mew, and can supplement a second sweep.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-727232970 Camomons Open Final that shows best case scenario with Mew

1522773223272.png - http://pokepast.es/2e2fece3bb572566

Sticky Webs Offense that showcases how insane Porygon-Z is tbh. The rest of the team is terrifying too, but man, PorygonZ is something else. It's pretty straightforward to use. Ghost Magearna to stop rapid spins and set up. DD Mega-Tyranitar to obliterate things and take some hits. And then double scarfer duo Diggersby and Lele. Lele so priority doesn't get out of hand, and Foul play Scarf Diggersby to do what Scarf Yveltal with Foul play does, in a way. With Huge Power, Foul play will, strangely enough, calculate it's damage based on your opponents attack Multiplied by 2.

For an extreme case, consider these 2 calcs.

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-259 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 106-126 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

A few people asked why I use Foul Play over Knock Off, and that showcases it perfectly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-719077960 Camomons Open game where Megazard uses it to win. Also PZ OHKO's a Lele with a Non-SE move, cause why not.

ScarfWynaut Taggin ya so you can see the teams

Attachments

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, with Camomons Open wrapped up, I was hoping to post some potential sample teams to try and inspire some of you to play this meta more. It's tough to get in to, but it can be really fun to build for. My bro ItsKimbo won the open (woo) and I was there passing him teams, so at least you know the teams are successful.

View attachment 109060 - http://pokepast.es/2ef69cfbf1af48d0

A balance team with the dual regen core of Grass/Water Slowbro - which handles a lot of the prevalent ground attackers in the current meta, such as water/ground Haxorus, Zygarde, etc. - and Fairy/Steel Reuniclus. The Reuniclus idea formed from the common AAA set RegenVest Magearna, but with less attacking options. Water/Poison Mega-Latias rounds out the defensive core, adding a fighting resist, defogger, and amazing utility. This mon/set is incredible and if Camomons wasn't so fluid, I'd be comfortable calling it S Tier. Scarf Lando with rocks is just nice to have, another fighting resist, some speed, and strong momentum. Finally the breakers. DD Z-Outrage Dragon/Rock Tyranitar is an absolute menace. Incredible typing, insanely powerful, and fun as hell to use. Flame Orb Hera on the other hand doesn't need set up, and is tied with Reuniclus as my favourite set on the team. STAB Guts Facade is downright disgusting.

252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 225-265 (57.1 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 174-205 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO

Whew.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-720518995 Camomons Open vs Racool where my brother had amazing match up and Heracross just claimed lives, like it does

View attachment 109062 - http://pokepast.es/0259f2d3e9c76846

Bulky Balance. Chansey is pretty gross in general, I hate to use it tbh, but the idea of the team is to live long enough for Mew to sweep. Psychic/Ground/Poison coverage is insanely hard to wall, only Poison/Dark Levitate Mons like Hydreigon or Cryagonal are living. It hits insanely hard, and with MewiniumZ, it can shatter both Stall builds and Revenge killers that rely on Espeed. Cresselia/Chansey/Mega-Latias make the core, with some nice bulk from Jirachi and Tyranitar. Healing wish support from Rachi is really nice for Mew, and can supplement a second sweep.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-727232970 Camomons Open Final that shows best case scenario with Mew

View attachment 109064 - http://pokepast.es/2e2fece3bb572566

Sticky Webs Offense that showcases how insane Porygon-Z is tbh. The rest of the team is terrifying too, but man, PorygonZ is something else. It's pretty straightforward to use. Ghost Magearna to stop rapid spins and set up. DD Mega-Tyranitar to obliterate things and take some hits. And then double scarfer duo Diggersby and Lele. Lele so priority doesn't get out of hand, and Foul play Scarf Diggersby to do what Scarf Yveltal with Foul play does, in a way. With Huge Power, Foul play will, strangely enough, calculate it's damage based on your opponents attack Multiplied by 2.

For an extreme case, consider these 2 calcs.

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 220-259 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 106-126 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

A few people asked why I use Foul Play over Knock Off, and that showcases it perfectly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7camomons-719077960 Camomons Open game where Megazard uses it to win. Also PZ OHKO's a Lele with a Non-SE move, cause why not.

ScarfWynaut Taggin ya so you can see the teams
Since u used one of my replays, honestly i found the webs team inconsistent and the first round it got 6-0d by a stakataka so that was fun. Still really don't know about foul play, the one calc is idk when that never came up but i did almost lose due to lack of knock. Honestly thought ur other team with Mega Lati and Torn was a lot better, aside from auto losing to stall it fared fairly well.

Jrdn

Stak kind of eats webs team in general. I appreciate the feedback. I like the foulplay quite a bit, if digg was faster and it could outspeed more +1 mons (think haxorus with a DD) it would be an incredible set.

As for my other team, I agree it was probably better and likely more consistent, but I gave some balance teams already, and tbh, I think most people looking to play camomons would gravitate to webs just to quickly get a feel for the meta. Feel free to disagree here, but with how fluid this meta can be, and all the changing typings, if someone knows what teams you bring, stall will always 6-0. CB hoopa and Taunt Z-Move Torn are pretty effective at breaking stall, but not when the stall is specifically meant to counter you.

not the best at team building or making good pokemon but is this even worth anything?
Victreebel @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Wring Out

I could not think of another move that it has that could hit stuff
Cryogonal @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Defog

decent special defense
Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

more hp toxipex?
Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Curse
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

I just thought this was kinda funny
Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Do I need to explain
Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

bolt beam with shell smash its weak slow but it can be kinda fun
Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

megapex?
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Adamant Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Pretty sure this is just bad but eh
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation
- Shell Smash

new meta or just bad
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil

no clue what this helps if anything

so here Is a team I have been using with good success, won a few dailies with it ad even beat goatrdn a few times with it.

Neo Kyub (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
Papuru Heizu (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Sludge Wave
Dengue Fever (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Roost
Chazms Sidehoe (Mew) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
Alolan Tyranitar (Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
>Volcarona (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

I don't really explain teams well so I will try to do my best:

basically its like this:

Gyarados, mega: Basically ur standard latias/cresselia breaker, the thing can also sweep teams pretty easily once all water/grass or ghost/grass, etc go down. It was originally a water ground but I have been testing normal ground with crunch to deal with ghosts and does really well, only real things that can stop it after it gets two dd off is the edge recoil or a steel flying type (primarily buzzwole). U can use return over edge if u wanna avoid the recoil dmg though.

Tornadus-therian: I originally started using this after seeing racool use a poison dark version of this, and I eventually changed it to fire dark as of recent as aforementioned buzzwole and a few other steel combos were becoming a pain. Though the amount of things I could safely switch it into at times has decreased do its type change and I may recommend swapping it back into dark poison. Its overall just a faster offense mon to pick a few mons under base 121 off or to break sash with u turn on things like suicide lead azelf.

Buzzwole:#SwoletoS. Buzzwole itself is pretty much the core of the team, once any other special hitters are dead this thing can setup on most of the physical attackers in this meta, and even with the ones that it can hit it super effectively like zygarde or dragonite if they run ground typing, this thing can often still tank up in fron of them if it has at least 2 defense boosts up form bulk up or beast boost. In terms of sweeping potential after a special mon drops it also has to worry about unaware mons and any steel flying type since it would be immune to both its stabs. The poison ground typing gives it immunity to toxic so it can be stalled out and eq is one of the strongest consistent physical stabs it has access to.

Mew: I have no regrets about the nickname on this. if u didn't already guess I got this set idea from chazm. Its really effective against the average water ground mon and even tanks normal ground ones as well if they haven't accumulated enough boosts. Scald potential burn chance helps a lot vs the physical attackers that amy try to think they can setup on it and syncrho helps with some thigns they may try to status it without having a type or ability that makes it immune to that status. It does have issues vs a zygarde that may choose to run its original typing with dragonium z however.

Lycan Dusk: This thing is basically just something to rip through walls after it gets an sd and because I have a wolf fetish, nothing more nothing less. Though accelrock does help with picking off faster mons. and if ur wondering why I'm running accelrock or over sucker punch or crunch over sucker, u can change if u wanna but I'm not that good with sucker punch mindgames.

Clefable: as the name implies this thing counters volcarona, though its typing as well also helps counter the standard dark fairy mmaw set. though its evs lean more to volcarona. Though it deals with volcarona in most cases , fire grass ones with roost can turn into stall matches in the process so u may wanna be wary of those and try to conserve pp, or u can u just swap out sr for calm mind if u don't wanna wait out pp vs a stubborn roost volcarona user.

Weaknesses:

1. Volcarona- the thing runs through this team if u don't have clefable alive , it cant setup on some of the mosn ins this teams like lycan or mgyara but none the less if it gets into mew or swole it wont have much issue especially with bulkier variants off volc.
2. Volcanion- the usual volcanion types in this meta aren't properly wallable at all by this team, whether it be poison ground or fire ground. Mew helps to a degree with the latter typing but it honestly doesn't take fire blast two well and on the poison variant or if its carrying sldge wave it gets easily run through. Volcanion is still slow through so it only poses a threat in terms of being swapped into as opposed to being revenge killed as mgyara can often pull it off easily or swole if it has enough boosts as lng as the volcanion doesn't run a degree of speed evs
3. Ice electric types: these are hard to wall for the team as the bulkiest special def mon is clefable. It deals with them to an extent but with rocks up it basically loses to them completely (most notable being pz and latios).
4.Gren- this thing can be a pain to deal with at times if its a protean with gunk shot or a specs ash gren that got a ko . Otherwise mew usually can stomache hits from it easily.

That's all about it I can really remember at the moment. Use it if u want. If replays are required can edit some in on request

Thoughts on the knock off+ toxic+ levitate mons? 4 of which can recover and have decent bulk/speed?

dark dragon blastoise-mega anyone?

(I like cryo cause of the special bulk speed and rapid spin/defog)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Thoughts on the knock off+ toxic+ levitate mons? 4 of which can recover and have decent bulk/speed?

dark dragon blastoise-mega anyone?

(I like cryo cause of the special bulk speed and rapid spin/defog)
While Dark/Poison typing is good (see Sableye-Mega), Levitate is mostly overrated. Cryogonal has a pretty terrible 50 Defense and is fairly passive, so mons like Mawile-Mega and Gyarados-Mega can switchin fairly freely and set up. Same for most of the other users (lol knock off alakazam). Venusuar-Mega doesn't sound that bad, though.

As for Blastoise-Mega, it's a cool mon in theory, but kind of falls flat due to its bad speed, lack of setup moves, and its Mega competition (see: Char-Y, MegaMaw, MegaSab, Megacham, etc.). It has pretty good bulk and can do some good damage, but its niche is generally done better by stuff like Latios(-Mega) and Tapu Lele.

Last edited:
what about this? alomomola(poison/water) avalugg(ghost/steel(or normal I guess)) cryogonal(poison/dark) I know they are all pretty bad but I think with the right team it could work? granted moldbreaker earthquake runs through them and earthquake+ any strong attacker runs through them and about the 50 defense tangrowth and skarmory have 50 SpDef and 70 SpDef respectably oh and also blastoise could work in trick room right? same with clawitzer? maybe with a z move being dark fighting type? or dragon dark type like the other?

Last edited:
Ghost / Steel Avalugg is solid, as it compliments its huge defence stat well. Problem is you have to run Curse, although that could put an opposing sweeper on a timer. Cryogonal sucks and there's no reason to use Poison/Water Alomomola over Toxapex unless you really need Wish (and even then why not just run Normal / Ghost Chansey)?

Dead thread rip

Also would Toxapex be viable as a Normal/Ghost as well?

Using this set:

Going Camping (Toxapex) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes

Would give it Ghost/Fighting/Normal immunity as well.

Dead thread rip

Also would Toxapex be viable as a Normal/Ghost as well?

Using this set:

Going Camping (Toxapex) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes

Would give it Ghost/Fighting/Normal immunity as well.
in all honesty normal ghost as a defensive typing is horribly overrated, a lot of mons run dark coverage in this meta and in many cases can easily muscle past normal ghost types. In any case ur better off running off a better defensive typing as even though u wont hard wall the ghost fighting, ghost normal typing, u would be able to deal with more than just those kind of mons, especially since ghost fighting, ghost normal mons aren't even common enough on a team for u to use a type dedicated solely to dealing with them instead of using something better on pex like water poison. Also if u do intend to running something like that, u don't need baneful bunker, haze is staple on any good toxapex set. U shouldn't prep too much for normal ghost and instead check more for normal ground, water ground or dark ground which are much stronger as offensive types in the meta;.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)