CAP 11 CAP 11 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's more of the coloring that make him more Steel type. Making his legs a hue of brown would give him a more rugged appearence, yet still retain his style with the tuxedo.
Very good point...If I darken or made the yellows more brown hue it could work....Thanks Snow!! I'm gonna post an action shot of it still...To maximize its FIGHTINGness lol

Rats! I knew someone would think this is steel....So if I portray Rooster with a bit more of a fighting style it'll be more Fighting-type-ish?

Hmmm...I think both Taekwondo and Muay Thai both fit perfectly with Roost's style. Cockfigthing does include kick strikes and thrusts/jabs(pecks)

What if I drop the leg sycthes then (although I don't what too - those things are sick) and bulking up the legs more...would that help?
I personally wouldn't change it many of the concept details, just some silhouette details. If you could lower the avian quality, maybe round the arms a bit, it would lose that "steel" component that comes from the sleekness. I personally don't see it as steel at all but in a similar style to Blaziken. You could make the white a bit more off-white but I doubt you want to copy Blaziken's colour scheme with white over red.

Any, I trust you know what you're doing, it's you concept and it's freaking amazing!

I like a lot of them...I've never really been a fan of things whose design is based on "fighting", e.g. Machamp family, Medicham, therefore I prefer the art designs which have some design basis beyond "fighting with dark colouring":)

Anyway, starting the line art on my own, try and have it finished before school starts.

Hahaha I love it when inspiration hits me....what familyguyman said actually made me realize something....Rooster's too avian, his sleekness didn't make him fighting-ish enough....

So here we go Roost MK-II

So I revamped his whole structure adding more mass in the upper body and the lower leg. I also rounded off the forearm to show muscle. Surprisingly shortening the hair DID make the tux more pronounced (thanks LimeDaiquiri)

I also lowered and reduced the blade size, so it now looks like part of the foot

So whatddya think?

@ckpmax1108 I like the concept, but something I always think about when I look at pairings is "wow... they don't look like they would work well together" and yet...

I mean take Skarm Bliss. A steel bird and a creampuff.

The hidden flying type is off putting, but thats just my two cents.

I like the design, and if it doesn't win I really think it should be recycled.

Werewolf? Dark, yet has the build for a Fighting type as well.

I know it sucks, but it's my attempt at getting my idea across hahahaha!!!

Seeing a lot of good designs. Not as many ninjas as expected, although cricketpar's looks really good.

@SEO- I like the colors the way they are, but I pictured it with a brown body and black adornments when I saw the sketch.

@Caladblog- Definitely one of my favorites, but the colors could represent dark more. And I'd like something interesting on the gloves, but not the faces. It has my vote, as of now.

@Wyverii- Great design, it looks like it could be a real Pokemon.

@ckpmax- I'd take your black cock any day, but the way the Stat and Movepool thread is going, it might not fit very well.

meh, its not complete as of yet. I'm still working on the legs, but this is the general idea for my idea. if you look, you can see a face in it's design :D

I'm gonna change my Minotaur, but I still have no glue how to make it more of a Pokemon. Can somebody help me on this?

The only way I can make it Pokemonish is to make it meaner which defeats the purpose of making a Togekiss partner.

I could try with a simple 3 finger hands, bigger, more dominant Crescent moon and make it more cartooney... wait, maybe making it look kind and brave could do the job

The reason I want Minotaur is its familiar existence, Fighting type look and instead of just looking like Togekiss, I want their relationship to be of ideals and goals.

Cartoons! design gets MASSIVE love from me. I love the concept and appearance, and I thinks it's an interesting explanation for the typing that makes a lot of sense as well. the appearance of it works along with it's basis for the typing, with the "bruises" making it stand out as well as adding a nice design feature that isn't so prominent that it draws away from the overall design. I would love to see some supporting material so I can cement my approval of this design.

very close behind that is Paras Hilton's first design; the long armed scarf wearing Kung-Fu master... thing. it's design offers a lot of originality when using moves (such as using Crunch with it's massive hands), and it fits the typing very well while still looking appealing.

@ckpmax1108 I like the concept, but something I always think about when I look at pairings is "wow... they don't look like they would work well together" and yet...

I mean take Skarm Bliss. A steel bird and a creampuff.

The hidden flying type is off putting, but thats just my two cents.

I like the design, and if it doesn't win I really think it should be recycled.
Well in all fairness, Blissey could be a bird too fat to fly with same everything else and it'd still work great; then again I see Pokemon as numbers haha.

As for ckpmax1108's design, I think it fits nicely with the stat direction. It oozes "I'm gonna kick your ass" offense but it also says "You won't know how it'll happen" which blends with the mixed direction. If it's a "He looks too fast and not bulky enough" problem you are seeing then that can be addressed later. For now, a mixed offensive beast is what I'm feeling is going to result and the design here is great.

Besides, if this is a flightless, ass kicking bird, it'll need some way to get around, why not on the paper plane? I know I can picture Black Cock standing on Togekiss mid flight, together launching Aura Spheres that combine into an explosion of some sort.

Okay, I'm having a horrible time thinking of a color scheme for KOB. Can anyone give me some ideas for a color scheme?

Hey all, I have been lurking CAP for a while, but can't contribute much except in the way of artwork xD

Here's my first rough concept:

I'll be posting up some more ideas soon. Btw, what is the deadline for art submission?

My first post was a compliment to Aragornbird on his art saying something to the extent of "I might as well not try to do the next CAP, you'll just kick my ass anyway." And what do you know, he does the wolf idea I had in mind and makes it look way better than I likely ever will. :P I'll get to sketching, but seeing the quality art already posted, especially from Aragornbird and Paras Hilton, I feel like I'm pretty well screwed on CAP 11 lol.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Two rough sketches

ogremon and another lolimon

Since togekiss' pokedex entry says it only appears where there is happiness I was aiming for something that would be easily misunderstood

kind of like if you see a big, burly gangster guy and a thin lanky man next to a beaten up dude, who would you suspect? the gangster of course... I tried to do something that would bring out 'misunderstood'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Yilx/cap11_one.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Yilx/cap11_two.jpg

Ignored again, oh well. Hopefully some notices color.

I know its know the prettiest because its not digital, but please give it some thought.

I think it looks pretty nice, actually. maybe make it a bit more dark, though i love the variouse things that its stolen from others. keep at it!

@Paris Hilton: i dont know, the wrestler just seems off to me. like a few others have said, its a fine piece of art, but id stick with your first attempt for now.

@ckpmax love the design, just dont see too much dark in it. it looks great so far tho.

And besides that i really like Crickets, Wyverii, and of course SEO.

Ill try to rate more later, but i have to go so yeah...

This is just a compilation of a few ideas I thought of. I just tried to make a Pokemon with arms on their legs, a scar on his face, and a drill tail. He punches with his fists on his legs. I'd really appreciate feedback. This is basically the real thing, except less detailed. Also, I was wondering if I should go with the back view (like the one now) or a front view? I prefer the back view because it adds secretiveness.

Looked through the entire thread so far, and the only design that really made sense for me was Wyverii's. It's straightforward, not excessively flashy, and is clear enough for everyone to see its inspiration at a glance. Cartoons' also has something interesting going on, but the idea strikes me as a little too grotesque to be really appealing.

I can't help but notice a bit of a problem in this particular CAP; it seems too many new artists are tacking on long descriptions to their submissions explaning them, which really shouldn't be necessary. A good design should be, and often is, catchy and immediately understandable.

i like the evil rooster, but its looks too similar to blaziken

will start my concept later, when's the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)