CAP 11 CAP 11 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Good lord! Lots of amazing entries here. Here are the one's that stood out:

Paris Hilton's first entry is simply amazing. Fantastic design and fits the bill of fighting (head band) and dark type (dark color and red eyes) that one is very cool.

Cricketpar's echidna is entry is also pretty cool. I'd love to see it colored.

I don't know what people are talking about. the badger is AMAZING. It's my favorite right now. can't wait to see a more finished version of it!

ckpmax1108 said:
For the first time in this thread, I am going to call out what I think strikes home as an "awesome" design. I really like the badger and how the trench coat appears built into its fur and such. It's like Empoleon, but different enough. The only thing I dislike about this is that his back legs look completely stubby, anatomically disproportionate, and as if they directly hinder how fast the creature can move. Maybe they shouldn't be too much longer, but they definitely shouldn't be that I think. Great work so far!

Finished my design and coloring (still not final), working on a dynamic pose now

In case you missed my first post, this pokemon is supposed to be the opposite evolution of togekiss

Crits please

The lurk is over. :p

Here's my entry so far, The Nemesis/Rebel Pokemon:

Will be working on more details if people are interested. :)

@ckpmax1108: I hate to add fuel to this debate, but I like the rooster a lot better than the badger. There's nothing wrong with the badger, I just like the rooster better. Although, if I just want to say that you may have over done the rooster's hair just a tad. That one "horn" or whatever it is that is pointing straight up bothers me a bit.

@aragornbird: Well, I liked the werewolf better, but the panther is pretty cool too. I can totally see it firing off a focus blast XD

@sanlunaria: Your demon guy looks wicked awesome. I look forward to seeing more finalized work.

@bugmaniacbob: When I looked at the first pose, I didn't like it, but after I clicked to see the hidden images I was very impressed.I like the Gallade-like sword arms, but what's up with the boobs? XD

@darmattr: Looks cool, but I would suggest getting rid of the two black arm things in front and just making it a cape.

For the first time in this thread, I am going to call out what I think strikes home as an "awesome" design. I really like the badger and how the trench coat appears built into its fur and such. It's like Empoleon, but different enough. The only thing I dislike about this is that his back legs look completely stubby, anatomically disproportionate, and as if they directly hinder how fast the creature can move. Maybe they shouldn't be too much longer, but they definitely shouldn't be that I think. Great work so far!
Could not agree with this more. If this badger is not on the poll, I will cry my eyes out. If it is on the poll, you can bet I'm voting for it. The trenchcoat has an air of magic about it, great for the specially-oriented pokemon that is likely to come out of this, while maintaining a broad physique enough for fighting, along with a thematically appropriate animal choice. The rooster does not work in my opinion at all because roosters crow when the some comes up, or in other words, when darkness is about to leave. Cock-a-doodle-doo is the antithesis of darkness.

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks for your comments :heart:

I cleaned it up, added an inverted togekiss style emblem, and messed around with the colour scheme a bit. Any of these better, or any suggestions?

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks for all the comments.
I have to choose what design I'll present for this competition.
I have to continue with the Clown or the Ventriloquist?

a) Ventriloquist

b) Clown

Please, Help me to choose!

Definitely enjoying your 'wicked sifu' mon Buffalo. I'm not so sure about the making the overt Togekiss reference in the symbol, but that's just preference.

I simply love the clever design, especially in how its facial appendage resembles an Asian character. It's very clean, uncluttered and manages to be humanoid without going for a directy human shape.

Every CAP you give us an incredible submission that I wish would get more recognition. Your designs are often understated, and reflect an intelligent juxtaposition of shape and colour and I dare say your sensei is my favorite entry of yours yet. Also my favorite entry in CAP11 so far.

Also, I like the third colour scheme best.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
@aragornbird: really excited to see what you come up with with that panther concept.

I'm still not the biggest fan of the split cape but I think this design pulls it off better than your original sketch. The only real problem I have with this is that the gloves aren't very defined (or not as defined as they are in your two other sketches) so it's kinda hard to tell where his arms end and his hands start.
other than that though I love it

darkmattr: So far, you have a pretty good design that captures the feel of both fighting and dark, but the head looks too much like Scizor. Also I have no idea what kind of creature your Pokemon is based on. Overall, your design has alot potential, but I'd like to see some more supporting material.

Buffalo Wings: All three color schemes are really good, but I'd say that the third one is the best for your Pokemon.

Scicky: I always love your CAP art, and this huge guy is no exception. Let's see this deceitful impostor Pokemon in color!

azul: Your design is refreshingly different in comparison to everybody else. However I would tone down the zombie elements of your design, because they make your art look like a Fighting/Ghost 'mon rather than Fighting/Dark 'mon.

Caladblog: Go with the clown. The Ventriloquist isn't bad at all, but it's no match for an evil clown!

I'd really like to recommend to people that are drawing art to stay away from using Togekiss's art design or otherwise in your own art concept. Even though CAP11 is a perfect mate for Togekiss, it by no means should look like Togekiss in any way, relate to Togekiss directly in any way (it's not an evolution or split evolution!), or make you think of Togekiss at all when you look at it. There is no core in Pokemon that does this, for reference, and so it should be totally apart from the other member of the core.

Take the advice or leave it, but please give it some thought! Cheers.

^^^ This!

I love this design, it feels dark but so cool at the same time. However besides the leg thing that Rising Dusk pointed out I would say maybe make it's front legs a little more bulkier to fit the fighting type a little more. The next thing is that I feel his waist is a little small and should be a little wider, but that's just preference. Cannot wait to see this thing colored.

Well guys...thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism.

From what started as a humble chicken slowly and quickly evolved into something much better than I had first hoped. These are the final line-arts for "Rooster" and "Badger", and I had carefully rendered them in the most fitting poses I could come up with within 30 mins (hehehe)

So here we go

I have revised them according to your guys' input, lengthenings, reductions and whatnot. So PM me/post here on who you want to be submitted and I'll decide on who to finalize at the end of the day.

So.....pick your poison!

EDIT: Since I'm itching to color these bad boys, instead of finalizing who was chosen instead....I'll do the color renders for BOTH of them before the end of the day. Stay tuned for the colored versions....give me 2 hours or so hehehe

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Those are both incredibly hardcore; I'm actually really torn! I'd say that the choice should wait until CAP11's stat spread comes in - the Cock is definitely a faster-looking design that looks like it could go mixed or special, while the Badger is bulkier, looks slower, and definitely leans physical.

Now, the real question: do I change my shorts now and risk having to change once more upon seeing those in color, or...?

Caladbolg~, I prefer the clown. I like the new gloves a lot, and look forward to any supporting material you might add.

ckpmax1108- The badger is fantastic. I wouldn't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)