CAP 29 - TL and TLT Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's time for the next CAP process, CAP 29! With the recent additions to the Gen. VIII metagame, I for one am looking forward to how this process will turn out.

--

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying it is important to read and understand the following posts
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:

• Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:

• Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the Topic Leader or TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates will benefit from highlighting their active involvement throughout the duration of a recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on the PS! CAP chatroom or the CAP Discord channel.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list by the PRC for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

Last edited by a moderator:

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Applying for TLT:

Preference for: Typing, Ability
Willing to: Movepool, Stats

Experience with the CAP Process:
I was Typing Leader during CAP 28 Miasmaw, as my first experience with being part of the Leadership team for any CAP, and my third cap in general (Equilibra, Astrolotl, Miasmaw). During that stage I think I did many things well, by guiding the discussion towards developing a set of criteria that we could evaluate typing along and making a point to explore the typing space before settling on options. I do however recognize that the stage could have been improved with the slate selection; a fair bit of it was trying to counterbalance the large number of electric typings we discussed, and communicating more with the rest of the TLT during that stage, with respect to both slate running and slate development. I also pushed a bit too hard on having a less generically good typing, which is something I do not fully regret, as it helped us to look at options that may have not been otherwise considered, but I will temper that instinct during CAP 29 if selected.

CAP Metagame Involvement:
Outside of the CAP Process I am currently one of the leaders of the CAP C&C process, am a member of the CAP metagame council, and a member of the CAP VR council. I have participated in the past two CAP PLs (or CAPTTs), and was a member of the Equilibras during the recent CAP Snake Draft. My favorite CAP is definitely Plasmanta as it is a cool torpedo ray, and is fun to use, especially with its new addition body press.

Smogon Experience:
Outside of CAP I am a long time contributor to the NU metagame, and I like to think I'm able to bring a lot of insight from there to CAP; a lot of why I joined CAP was due to my love of Future Sight mons that I picked up in SM NU, and I consistently advocated for how good they are during Equilibra's process. On PS I am a driver, and have generally focused a lot of my efforts on the tutoring aspects, being a former owner of the Trainer Academy room, and having rated just a lot of teams in my day.

Goals for CAP 29:
My Goals for this cap are similar to the previous one; I want to ensure that whichever stage I lead carefully considers what success in the stage looks like, explores all the options, and that we can effectively build a consensus on what the ideal outcome for the stage looks like, as much of a consensus can be built.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi I am G-Luke, and I'd like to sign up for any of the TLT positions available, outside of stats.

I have lurking around CAP since the movepool stage of Crucibelle, and started contributing for CAP during Kerfluffle's movepool stage. In this relatively short time, I have managed to make a name for myself as a respected community member, and have contributed alot to CAP (from Updates, to various prevos to Jumbao's and Snaelstrom's stats and Smokomodo's, Astrolotl's and Miasmaw's movepool), which culminated with me receiving a Community Contributor badge for my efforts.

I have previously served as the Movepool Topic Leader of the 26th CAP Process, giving yield to Equilibra. Under that process I have learnt on what is perhaps one of the better ways of handling how movepools work. After these contributions among others, I gained the CAP Contributor Badge.

I am very active in the Discord channel and present throughout the Showdown! chatroom. I also have experience in the CAP Metagame, being a respectable battler if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

dex

I am fucking perfect
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi! I'm dex18, and I'm applying for TLT.

I am relatively new to CAP. My CAP experience has been limited to CAP 28; however, I was very active in every competitive stage of Miasmaw's concept. I, like Quziel in typing, pushed for non-standard options at every stage, not just to spur conversation, but also to make sure we looked at every option. For example, I pushed heavily for Download during the abilities stage, and while it didn't win, I was happy to see that it did gain traction in the conversation and got people to think outside of the few abilities that were in people's minds like Storm Drain and Neutralizing Gas. Additionally, I came up with the Taunt/3-attack set for Miasmaw during moves, and contributed a Miasmaw 1v1 set. I recognize that I am new to CAP, but I am very familiar with the process and I hope I can bring a different point of view to CAP 29.

Besides the process, I am very active in the Discord and in the PS CAP room, and I really enjoyed the conversations I had with others in the CAP channel during Miasmaw, especially during the Abilities stage where there were more options available to us. I'm also a member of the current PRC. I also participated at every stage for the most recent Flash CAP, contributing its typing. Additionally, I have participated in both the CAP 28 playtest and in the snake draft on the forever unlucky Eternal Equilibras. That last tournament really cemented my dedication to the CAP community, and SHSP can attest to the amount of time I spent building, testing, and theorizing for the CAP metagame. My favorite CAP is Equilibra, as evidenced by me bringing it in every single Snake Draft game I played, because I love how it plays and the mind games it creates.

Outside of CAP, I am an active OU player. I was more active in the SM metagame, but CAP got my attention this generation for how different the metagame was Pre-DLC. When I looked at the VR and noticed Slowking in A+, I had to try the tier, and I've been hooked since.

My goals as a TLT would be to ensure that all relevant options are looked at, regardless of how unorthodox they are, when it comes to every stage. That being said, I would like to define concept relevance for the stage I lead early on to keep people on track in conversation and to make sure the community and process gains something from every post. I'd additionally like to see the process move away from "meta-fixers," as that constrains the project in an unhealthy way.

Overall, I feel most qualified for the Typing and Abilities stages, but I feel capable of doing any of the four.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'd like to apply for the position of TL.

Over the past 2 and a half years I've been heavily involved with CAP as a whole. Process wise, I was a part of the TLT team for both Equilibra and Astrolotl. I lead Equilibra's ability stage and lead Astrolotl's stats stage. My stat submission for Equilibra won too.

However, I think most people probably know me for my achievements in CAP competitively instead. In the most recent CAPPL, I went 6-0 and the Snaelstrom's, led by Jho and myself, ended up winning the entire tournament, with me almost entirely supporting every slot with building. The CAPPL prior to that we also made finals of the tournament, where we unfortunately got robbed. The team I'm currently leading, the Smokomodos, is also #1 in the ongoing CAP Snake Tournament, where I've also been supporting every slot with my building. Even though I don't have any SS CAP games played, I think that the fact our team's been doing so well in SS CAP goes to show that my grasp on the metagame is quite good.

That's enough about my CAP specific experience, what exactly makes me a good choice as a leader? To start, I like to believe that my positions in various leading spots, ranging from leading the OU Forum, to being a National Dex Tier Leader, to the CAP C&C forum shows that I have a lot of experience in positions that require a good leader. I have learned how to lead and incentivize intelligent discussion, and I firmly believe intelligent discussion to be the most important part of any CAP project.

With all of these things in mind, I hope to have convinced you that I'd make for a good leader for a project I am passionate about.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey everyone, -Voltage- here, I'll be applying for a TLT position for CAP29 (and would be happy with any space but movepool, yes that means stats).

I am pretty experienced with the CAP Process at this point. I was active during Equilibra and Astrolotl's processes and served on Miasmaw's Topic Leadership Team as the Ability Leader. As a contributor, I have been regularly active in contributing to all levels of the CAP process, including being responsible for Astrolotl's concept, and being a contributor during the typing, ability and stats stages for both Astrolotl, Equilibra and the non-ability stages of Miasmaw. As Miasmaw's ability leader, I was responsible for generating discussion about Miasmaw's primary and secondary abilities in order to ensure that the concept was met in both stages. While the ability stage was ultimately successful, I fully concede that there were roadbumps (no pun intended) that I was able to learn from to hopefully have an even more effective process in later CAP projects. If I am selected for the TLT for CAP29, I will take the experience I have developed over the last three CAP projects I have been involved with to ensure a successful stage.

Outside of the general process, I am heavily involved in other aspects of CAP. I am a current member of the CAP Metagame Council, Viability Ranking Team, a member of the QC Team, the producer of the Create A Pokemon podcast PodCAP, and a two-time team tournament team manager (The Galactic Astrolotls in CAPPL6 and the Snake Brattlers in CAP Snake Draft). I am thoroughly active in the Discord channel as well, being one of the major forces behind bringing certain aspects to the server including the voice chat and the "CAPwide Staff channel". And it might even be a small thing, but I try to be active on twitter to talk about CAP and answer questions whenever the Smogon twitter makes a post about CAP. I am thoroughly involved in CAP's metagame and I am always excited to see how new CAPs contribute to the overall metagame (I really just need to make more forum posts lel).

Outside of CAP, I'm a regular OU player and I've been meaning to get back into Old Gens and NFE more. As a result, I have a thorough understanding of how different Pokemon have different movesets which contribute to a metagame's development. Pokemon is a game of archetypes and how they fit together with other archetypes to generate a metagame. I believe that having this exposure to other metagames will be useful in considering the competitive implications.

If I'm chosen to be a member of the Topic Leadership Team, I will do my best to foster a welcoming and diverse discussion for whichever stage I have this round. I received a lot of feedback from Miasmaw's process with regards to what people liked and disliked related to my discussion questions, so I believe that I can continue with generating scintillating discussion for CAP29.

I know this is a long post so thank you for your time! I hope to help be a part of another successful project!

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Hey everyone! I'm SHSP, and I'm throwing my name in for a TLT position, preferably anything other than stats.

It has been a minute since I was super-active in CAP thanks to college obligations and some mental health issues, but I've been an active contributor since my return, pushing through a PRC thread on the future plans for the CAP metagame, managing a team in the CAP Snake Draft, and finishing in the top 4 of the Miasmaw playtest tournament. I'm well versed in the CAP process: my past participation in it includes a TLTship as the Typing leader for Jumbao, and my TLship for Equilibra, alongside heavy participation in processes from Kerfluffle to the trio of CAP 25s. I've also been fortunate enough to help moderate CAP as a forum mod in the past.

In the CAP metagame, I've been able to show leadership prowess as assistant manager of the CAPTT 4 Pajantoms who won the tournament, manager of the CAPTT 5 Kerfluffles, and the aforementioned CAP Snake 1 Equilibras. I'm currently a member of the CAP VR team, and have served on the CAP Metagame Council in the past, as well as other projects like a CAP teambuilding workshop.

If elected TLT, I will continue to be a vocal and communicative member as I have been in my past stints. I'm very active in the CAP Discord and plan on continuing that throughout CAP 29. Thank you for your time and attention to this post, and I hope you consider me for a TLT position on this CAP.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there, I'm Tadasuke and I'd like to throw my name in the bag for TLT, specifically looking to do either Typing, Ability, or Movepool.

I first got interested in the CAP Process during Volkraken, however I'd been active in the PS! room for a for a good while prior. While the majority of my involvement in the process has been relegated to voting, I've been paying close attention to the process for 7 years now and feel that I have a solid grasp on its structure and how it functions. I'd like to use my knowledge from those many years of playing Pokémon and observing the process to contribute towards making an effective and balanced CAP.

The majority of you may know me from hosting a series of tournaments on the CAP Metagame subforum over the past 6 months. These tournaments include the SS CAP Budget Tour, the SS CAP Regular Tour, the SS CAP Cyclohm Cup, and the SS CAP Snake Draft. I'm also currently cohosting the 2021 CAP Winter Seasonal with Mx. On top of hosting duties, I've played in good few CAP tournaments over the many years I've been involved in the community. These include playing for the CAP Project room in PSPL II, playing for the Choice Band Revenankhs in both CAPTT III and CAPPL VI, and playing in the playoffs for the CAP 28 Playtest. In addition to all this, I frequently host room tournaments in the PS! CAP room.

On top of my involvement in tournaments, I have been an active force in providing resources for the metagame for years. I helped organize the most recent effort to update our metagame resources, wrote the Introduction to SS CAP thread, and have written/contributed to a great deal of resources for CAP in previous generations. These resources include the ORAS CAP Viability Rankings, ORAS CAP Common Cores, ORAS CAP Role Compendium, ORAS CAP Metagame Speculation, and XY Sample Teams. I had also made a few videos for FlarZ's CAP Corner youtube channel in 2014.

It should be worth mentioning that I've been a moderator for the PS! CAP Project room on and off since 2014. I've also been a guest on Voltage's PodCAP 10 - Tournaments, been the subject of a CAP Player of the Week Interview, and was a PRC member for CAP 28.

If chosen as a TLT member, my goal is to commit fully toward making an effective, non-centralizing CAP that fulfills every aspect mentioned in its concept. I'd like to constantly have active discussions with both the community at large and the TLT/mod team to ensure that happens.

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
hi lol

I'd like to TLT for one of typing and ability, but I'd be down for other stages if necessary.

My involvement in CAP started with CAP PL earlier this year, and I also participated a decent bit in the Miasmaw stage discussions. Although I took a fair bit of a break afterwards, I've recently returned to play in the current Snake tournament and would like to believe my success shows I'm more connected with the metagame than most. I also have made a fair few posts over recent months, generally on the VR but also one in the thread about redefining abilities in that stage.

Outside of CAP, I hold and have held several leadership positions across different communities; I'm very willing to engage with a variety of users, but I'm also willing to end discourse when I feel it's not productive. I feel these traits and my experience allow me to be an excellent leader capable of guiding discussion towards a meaningful goal.

If chosen, I'd do my best to explore all perspectives and set up discussion so that we can most smoothly reach a successful ending to the stage. I'd be willing to turn to help from the other TLTs if necessary given my limited experience with the creation process compared to other users.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hey guys, spoopy here, and I'd like to apply for a position on TLT.

I've been tangentially involved with the CAP community since Kerfluffle's process back in 2016, at which point I was mostly just lurking the threads, voting on polls that I was interested in, and chatting with people on Showdown. This continued for a few years, but about halfway through Astrolotl's process I was spurred to join the CAP discord server and soon became much more active within the community and discussion surrounding the ongoing stages. I've only grown more involved with the CAP community since then, and was recently awarded a Ladybug badge for my active participation in Miasmaw's process and my membership on the CAP VR team.

Additionally, I'm a member of the CAP QC team, I've played under the Galactic Astrolotls and Malicious Miasmaws during the most recent CAPPL and CAP Snake Draft, and more recently I've been co-hosting the Good Cores thread and have compiled the CAP Sets Compendium with input from other community members. I believe that these roles I've held are all proof of the extensive competitive knowledge that would serve as a valuable tool should I be elected to TLT, and are also proof of the kind of commitment to this project I've shown over a short period that I would bring with me to the TLT position as well. My involvement goes outside of the forums, too, as I'm currently an active moderator in the PS! CAP room and often participate in discussion on the discord server as I previously mentioned.

I've learned a good deal from these experiences regarding my own capabilities as a leader and as a contributor; I have no issue taking initiative and leading the charge to getting things done, but ultimately I thrive in an environment where I'm surrounded by peers to discuss decisions and bounce ideas off of. It's because of this that I am personally very excited at the opportunity to serve on the TLT, and I believe that the people who have worked with me in the past can attest to my dedication and ability to make helpful and educated contributions to whatever the project may be.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone, MrDollSteak here, and I would once again like to apply for the TLT. This would be my second time doing so, following my run as Stats TLT for CAP 28's process. My application here will have a little bit of overlap with my previous one for CAP 28 so if it looks a bit familiar just bear that in mind. If I am successful in my application for CAP 29, I would once again like to lead one of the Typing, Ability, Stats or Movepool stages. Although it would be a potentially interesting challenge to try one of the other options, my first preference would still be to lead Stats stage following my involvement in tweaking the BSR calculations in this recent PRC thread here.

To provide an overview of my general CAP experience; I have been lurking in CAP processes since the end of Gen IV, becoming an active contributor for some of the flavour stages for the CAP 25 starter project, where I submitted the winning sprite for Snaelstrom. I continued my involvement by engaging in the name and movepool stages, and later on into the prevo process where I would go on to submitting the winning sprites for Fawnifer and Electrelk, as well as the names Swirlpool and Coribalis themselves. Through discussion with Quanyails I helped to establish some of the parameters for a separate Shiny stage, and went on to submit the winning shinies for Fawnifer, Electrelk, Swirlpool and Coribalis. Further flavour milestones were submitting the winning name Equilibra, as well as the winning sprites for Astrolotl and Nohface. I have also worked on providing model textures for Equilibra, Volkraken, Arghonaut and offered QC on others such as Necturna and Kitsunoh.

Starting from CAP 26's process I would also become increasingly active in the competitive stages as well, submitting a slated Stat Spread for Equilibra, the winning spread for Astrolotl and its prevolution Solotl, Nohface, various movesets and have also engaged in a range of discussion across other stages. For Astrolotl, my involvement was instrumental in securing the move 'Wish' as I submitted replays that demonstrated it would not lead Astrolotl to become too passive. Most notable in terms of my competitive experience is the fact that I was the Stats TL for CAP 28's process and oversaw discussion about how to make Miasmaw's stats best fit the brief. My experiences here were invaluable for rethinking some of the flaws with the currently implemented BSR system. As a result of working closely with QxC4Eva (Tomomon) to tackle this issue, we have since gone on to implement a range of measures that would more accurately reflect how a Pokmon's offenses should be weighted.

Separately, I've also been active in the creation of sets for the random CAP 1v1 format on showdown and have recently been promoted to co-leader and have become a member of the council for the non-random CAP 1v1 format and involved in the organisation of tournaments. While this does not translate directly into experience with the Gen 8 meta-game, it demonstrates my knowledge of existing CAP movesets, trends, as well as an understanding of the organisation of competitive aspects such as play test tournaments.

CAP 28's process despite having its fair share of controversy was one that I found very exciting and rewarding and I would therefore love to continue to contribute to the community as a TL. I think that I did a good job in managing the Stats stage and allowed for a diverse set of stat spreads to be submitted which would have all been successful in achieving the concept, I believe that central to this was my use of a minimum PS or SS mask to not disproportionately affect Mixed spreads. It was an effective band-aid measure that allowed for a rethinking of the purpose of BSR somewhat, and was instrumental in guiding further work on the topic that I hope to see improving the stats stages in further processes.

Thank you everyone for the consideration! I'm looking forward to CAP 29 very much.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm here today to apply for the position of Topic Leader and any position of the Topic Leadership Team, although I do have a heavy preference for being Topic Leader.

I've served as a CAP moderator for about a decade, and while I have applied for a leadership position once before (Malaconda, losing by one vote to my good friend jas61292), I have avoided applying since; I didn't want my position as Head Mod to create a conflict of interest between what's best for the CAP Project and what's best for that specific CAP. And when I recently retired from the position, it wasn't my intention to apply for a leadership position in CAP29. But looking at my schedule with COVID-19, I have more time at my computer than I have ever had before, and ever will in the foreseeable future. If I'm ever going to be a TL, this is the best time for me to step up to the plate!

What can I offer for CAP29? My biggest strength is my longstanding history with the project, and my knowledge about the processes before this one. Although I was not present for any DPPt CAPs, I have read through every single thread of their processes, from Syclant to Voodoom. As a new user to the project, I helped sort out Necturna, which had one of the most nuanced and complicated concepts of this project. I know why Mollux ultimately didn't get Drought, and why Malaconda has a built in x4 weakness to U-turn. I was the one to suggest that Cawmodore's project focus on Belly Drum, which has gone down in history to be a staple of the CAP metagame. I could wax lyrical about each CAP, and what led to it being a good process, and what steps would have taken to improve each of them too.

I've also interacted with many past Topic Leaders throughout my years, and I have learned from their successes and their missteps. I know that DetroitLolcat is a fantastic user who did a great job leading Volkraken, but I also saw the wrong turns we took as a community that led us to using Lucario in a core when its viability was artificially inflated due to its new Mega form. I was there when we learned the lesson of Einherjar with Plasmanta, and how taking the least-obvious route for a concept can lead to vague and directionless conversations. But I've also seen a lot of TLs ace their project: snake_rattler and Pajantom with its heightened discussion about trapping moves; SHSP walking us through the pros and cons of Future Sight versus Doom Desire in the CAP metagame for Equilibra; and Jho and Astrolotl's TLT nailing the concept of what it means to provide offensive support.

Overall, I am well-versed in the triumphs and the pitfalls of CAP's entire past, which I can draw upon to guide the creation of CAP29 as a Topic Leader.

In terms of my own contributions, I tend to be more of a 'guide on the side' when it comes to my personal impact on each CAP. I've only ever won one competitive stage (Malaconda's stat spread), but I haven't submitted for many either. I prefer to give individuals feedback and sharpen their vision, which I think suits the role of Topic Leader well. I've submitted over a dozen concepts that get people thinking critically about what it means to 'create' a Pokemon, from Fully Uncompetitive which challenged us to dive into a process that addressed luck and hax in competitive battles, to Celebrity Entourage, which would have us build a Pokemon based on a specific player's well-document playstyle and dive deep into their strategies and historic matches. I think CAP has a lot of inspiration to draw on for some dynamite conversations, and I would love to lead CAP29 to have thought-provoking conversations where we all learn a good deal about the CAP metagame and competitive Pokemon as a whole.

Outside of the CAP Process, I actually got started on Smogon as an OU forum moderator back in 2010. I played a lot of BW in particular, which led to me becoming the tiering leader of the Dream World metagame. I've also served as a head of The Smog, where I read and approved countless articles on competitive Pokemon guides and strategies for several years. I was an assistant manager for Team Raiders for two back-to-back seasons of Smogon Premier League, and have hosted several CAP-related tournaments since. I was a captain for the first to Other Metagames Premier League, where my team went undefeated for two seasons in a row. Here in CAP, I'm the captain of the Jumbo Jumbaos, which tied for third in CAPPL V and took second in the most recent CAPPL VI. I am very accustomed to collaborating and communicating with some of the best battlers that Smogon and CAP have to offer. Personally, I have kept up with the CAP metagame for several generations, and while I'm certainly no all-star battler, I'm not a total slouch either. I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on the current metagame, I'm frequently on the ladder, and I have sufficient knowledge to lead CAP29 in its metagame well.

So what excites me personally about CAP? Obviously, the most important aspect of CAP to me is the community-decided process, and I want to take CAP29 in whatever direction the community wants. I read every post in every CAP process, and finding an intelligent community consensus is a process I have aided in over the course of my entire CAP tenure. Concepts are my favorite part of the whole CAP process, and I am extremely eager to provide intense feedback to each and every concept that comes across our doorstep. And while I would be happy to serve as a TLT member, I find myself more excited about the prospects of being Topic Leader 'boots-on-the-ground' leader for CAP29. Thank you for your consideration. Let's have a great process!

Alright everyone, this thread will close in 48 hours. If you still want to apply for a TLT position please make your post before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)