CAP 4 CAP 4 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh, most Pokemon are surprisingly small, and I think having this thing tower over most of them kind of undermines its trickster personality. Why be sneaky if you're big enough to pummel most of them anyway?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sunday, you need to select a height and weight for Fidgit. You can get feedback from the community, or you can just pick something that makes sense. The only thing that matters is the weight, for calculation of damage on Grass Knot and Low Kick. Neither move is a big threat to Fidgit, but I need a number regardless.
Eh, I'm not great with imperial but I actually envision this pretty small. If it's going to be digging through the desert it can't just be leaving 6 foot tunnels behind it - the sand would colapse in on it!
In metric I feel about 60 kg would be the max since it does have a few metal parts. Maybe 130-150 cm, about the height of a small child.
Everybody elses opinions?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great job Sunday, you were an awesome TL.

Eh, I'm not great with imperial but I actually envision this pretty small. If it's going to be digging through the desert it can't just be leaving 6 foot tunnels behind it - the sand would colapse in on it!
In metric I feel about 60 kg would be the max since it does have a few metal parts. Maybe 130-150 cm, about the height of a small child.
Everybody elses opinions?
Either super massive or super small.

Super Massive:

Height: 8'8"
Weight: 248 lbs

Super Small:

Height: 2'8"
Weight: 88 lbs

Sunday

Ok so aparently Height isn't measured in the stance in the sprite, it's just in general (or so I hear).

We've been talking 10 Pounds per hand. In kg that's 36 for 8 hands. His body and arms don't constitute all that much compared to 8 hands, so somewhere around 50-60 kg is reasonable I feel (110-130 pounds)

EDIT: Server folks seem content with 116.8 Pounds.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Even if this ends up being really tall, I still imagine the body being very little, and the whole thing being surprisingly light. The hands are big, but 23 lbs?

Also, Sunday you did a great job, this CAP was definitely the cleanest. Looking forward to using Fidgit.

^ Well Hyra did say his body same is about the same as a toddler, and toddlers are around 23 lbs.

I'll say stick him in the 5-6 feet club and 125 pounds. That seem reasonable.

A toddler is about 2 feet tall, and his arms appear to be about 4 times the
bodies size, so I'd assume the arms would be 8 feet each, so when stretched out, he'd be near 18 feet tall ._.

Sunday

On the server we're looking at 7'01" ft full stretch, 3'01" ft when it's legs are folded in like in the pics.
Also 116.8 Pounds from before.

A toddler is about 2 feet tall, and his arms appear to be about 4 times the
bodies size, so I'd assume the arms would be 8 feet each, so when stretched out, he'd be near 18 feet tall ._.
Gogo Hurricane fan style whirlwinds/tailwinds. That would make one impressive Pokemon in terms of size.

Great job, everybody. Fidgit looks like he'll be a blast to play, just like I hoped.

Good job, Sunday. You were a fair topic leader, you did the job well, and you were conscientious and personable throughout the whole project.

On the server we're looking at 7'01" ft full stretch, 3'01" ft when it's legs are folded in like in the pics.
Also 116.8 Pounds from before.
Sounds perfect. This is exactly what I would like.

(Although there is no compressed height entry.)

First of all, I'd like to congratulate all the big names in this.
Sunday was a great TL, Doug had a great sprite, even though it wasn't my first choice, and Cartoons! definitely gets two thumbs up for the idea of Fidgit.
Can't wait to get this thing going, hopefully it will revive our beloved CAP server. :)

I want this thing to be the size of Groudon. How sick would that be, ya know... HUGE SPIDER WITH HANDS and a DRILL :D

^ Jesus Christ....that's too big O_o. A Toddler-sized spider with a 18 leg span is already a stretch (not a huge one actually, it's very probable) but Groudon sized?

7' 1" when fully stretched works for me, but I love Atyroki toddler killer more xD

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think I might just as well post the pre-evo movepool I had written at the same time as the movepool for this:

Pre-evo Level-up List:
1. Doubleslap
5. Acid
9. Encore
13. Gust
19. Mud-slap
23. Whirlwind
27. Knock Off
32. Sludge
38. Tailwind
46. Me First

Gust replaces Rapid Spin, while Tailwind replaces Sand Tomb and Gravity. This is why I had made Sand Tomb and Gravity be learned both at the same level.

(Also, would I be assuming too much if we made the pre-evo a Poison/Flying type?)

As for a TM list, it's basically the same as that for Fidgit except it has the following moves missing:

TM01 - Focus Punch
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
HM08 - Rock Climb

Its breeding moves as exactly the same as Fidgit's.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not much of an update:

Drew up a pre-evo for Fidgit in case anyone wanted a face to associate with the moveset.

The Flying to Ground typing change upon evolution was an interesting dynamic in opposites, so I gave it a counter-Fidgit attitude to boot. Where Fidgit would constantly be persisting to get a handle on things, this little guy passively leaves his destiny up to the winds. He probably wouldn't have much of a Vital Spirit...

If anyone's interested, look up 'ballooning spiders'; it's pretty fascinating.
This looks really nice and seems to fit quite well with some of the explanations offered in earlier threads. Cartoons, what would you name this little guy?

Before I read Cartoons' explanation, I was thinking we could call it Jitter or something (kinda like Fidgit?). But maybe not, because they're supposed to be so different.

Own Tempo sounds like a good idea for an ability that would lead to Vital Spirit.

As for the name, we don't need to go into a poll or anything, as the pre-evo's name is pretty unimportant (are Pyroak's pre-evos listed anywhere?)

How's Breezi? Breeze + Easy (takes it easy, easygoing etc....)

Tiptot? Tiptoe (a more subdued action compared to adult's fidget) + Tot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)