CAP 4 CAP 4 - Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Fidgit. The only problem with it (in my opinion) is that it doesn't quite sound "pokemonish." What I think would remedy that is adding another syllable at the end. I think changing Fidgit to Fidgiti would make it sounds a bit more "pokemonish". Not only that, Fidgiti ends like the word utility. Finger+Digit+Utility.
Oh, c'mon. Then it's just "Fidgety".

How about Fidgetto?

I also agree to add an extra sylable to "Fidget". It would make more sense for a pokemon name. But it might be hard to do so, as we're trying to avoid the sound of "fidgity". So I was thinking of a this suggestion. Fidgipalm. I'm not too sure if it's a good name.

While i agree that an extra sylable would greatly improve it, i think that it pronounciation being the same as fidgety is a bad move... because the pokemon itself is not fidgety. maybe Fidgitool? or something like that... incorperating a new word without making it into a whole new word...
It would help explain Vital Spirit, and that's what Pokedex entries are for!

Yay, someone agreed with me...
Anyway, I still believe there's some untouched potential in "Fing."
I also agree that this name could be a bit more..."syllabled."

Fing...fing, fing, fing, fing....
Fingletti?
The Italian utility man.
With noodle arms.
I know that was probably a joke, and this probably sounds really crazy, but I actually really like where you're going ( or not going ) with that idea. I think Italian with all its multisyllabicisms could work into the name well --- it just hasn't been used very well yet. Maybe something with an -inni or -otti ending. I also agree that "Fing/er" has potential, as well as "Fidge/t". Fingitinni, Fingolotti, Fidgottini...

On a side note, I think my second submission ( Fidgetwitch ) was somewhat liked based on people's responses, but it's too long by one letter. So how about Fidgetwix?
I wanted to ask before I edited again because I feel like I'm abusing the privelege by going back and doing so so many times. ><

Top(p)ility

I think this suits DLL in so many ways. Name was formed by the words Toxic, Opiliones and Utility. It also has the word Top in it which also fits DLL. The "ïlity" part can also be referenced to Agility since this things Base Speed is high. With so many multiple meanings, the name also fits DLL's job, which is a Utility Pokemon with MANY possible movesets/moves.

One final possible name is Handigit Hand+Digit (which is a name for fingers). Short, simple and straight to the point.
Any comments on my suggestions?

Oh yea, I was kinda joking, but I was being serious at the same time.
A combination if you will.
I still can't think of a good name with "fing" in it.

This might be to complicated, but I hope these suggestions help.

Terrmaltactin
Terrmaltacten
Terratactin
Terratacten

A combination of the above and fidget
Terratanget
Terratangit

Terr- Earth
Mal- Bad
Tac- Touch
Ten, Tin, Tain- Tenacious

Isaac: The first one seems really muddled/blended, so I don't really like it. The second one I like a bit more, but I think it's a bit too "straight to the point"; it's kind of lackluster IMO. Maybe add in some meaningless sounds/syllables, as not all syllables in a Pokémon's name means anything ( Phanpy, Blissey, Minun/Plusle, etc. ).

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't particularly like Fidget at all. Fidgety only has negative connotations. It isn't really hyperactive, its more like restless and constantly scared or annoyed.

In other words, not a great attitude to be giving to a utility pokemon. The only difference between Fidget and Draven is that Draven rhymes with craven.

Also, Plusle and Minun and French and German, repsectively.

Un Min!
Le Plus!

I've already exhansted my names, so I'll just chuck this one in: Gadgetand. Gadget + Hand.

I don't like any of these names honestly, some are just bad or don't fit, and
the others seem far too complicated to be pokemon names >>

Octoxic maybe? (Octo + Toxic)

To me, I think the name Venomocho doesn't suite the pokemon very well. Venomocho sounds like a very angry, scary name while the pokemon itself looks very cheerful.
Maybe it's because I'm Spanish, but I find that Venomocho sounds awesome. Not "scary awesome", but "hilarious awesome", instead. Sounds like it's going to start partying at any moment.

Ok, what about Handigee? Does it sound better than Handigit? If so, that would be my 2nd submission instead of Handigit.

Manoctide - Mano(spanish for hand), octa(8), and a manipulated form of monoxide, as in carbon monoxide, a very poisonous gas.

Currently deciding between quite a few options for second suggestion, will post later.

I originally submitted Opilipalms, and I have finally come to my second suggestion.

Webert

Web- He's a spider and spiders make webs.

Dirt- He's a ground type and he can dig his hands into the dirt.

I know this should be spelled Webirt, but that just doesn't look right and Webert is pretty simple to say.

Ahoy,

Griftox. Something with so many hands could be a mean grifter, with moves like Knock Off and Skill Swap. Being a support poke, this thing is more of a con man than an attacker anyway.

Also tox because it's toxic.

While looking at this thread, I had an idea. It's just a combination of two of the others in this thread, so I won't take all the credit, but anyway. I propose that the new Pokémon be named Venomano, a combination of the controversial Venomocho (which I don't really think suits it), and several people's ideas revolving around the Italian/Spanish/whatever manos/mano (hands).

I'm having trouble liking 'Fidgit' myself.
Changed my first submission to

Oddaplod/Audaplod (odd + applaud)

Encore will likely be a popular move on this thing, but I was mostly thinking of a non-aggressive supportive action for those hands. Also, it rhymes with itself, which is fun.

Also, I guess not everyone feels the same, but 'Venomocho' sounds more quirky than menacing to me.

Alright, lemme try this again. Sorry but I'd like to change my submissions because I think it's a bit weird. Here they are:

My first suggetion to name this pokemon is Hanclap. It's a combination of the word "hand" and the word "clap" because this pokemon has a ton of hands and will mostly do some "clap" moves. Like the move Encore and using the move Earthquake. (clapping down) It's a pretty simple name and it still has a nice ring to it imo.

I'm still thinking about another one. This is the last time I'm changing the names to I hope they're good enough.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Reposting my earlier suggestion, and a new one:

Manoxic
- Manus and toxic.
Arsenom - Arsenic, arsenal and venom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)